The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

TankeyPankey

I'll pm you my thoughts on Tempest Vs Anvil. If anyone else is interested I'll post it in that thread someone made.
Yeah would you mind posting in that comparisons thread? Honestly comparing it to any and all of the vapes you've tried would be super helpful. You've already written and provided a lot of good stuff though so feel free to pace yourself.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
This pic shows the contact which will be touching the magnet. Crappy pic but you can see the slits. Very minimal contact on the magnet. And since it has balls, this combination allows it to keep it's heat for ages. I've touched the tip 10 minutes after a cycle and still felt residual heat.
This suggests that one's going to need a pretty good very heat resistant case for this device to be able to stick it in your pocket soon after a session...

cybrguy,

RedZep

This suggests that one's going to need a pretty good very heat resistant case for this device to be able to stick it in your pocket soon after a session...
Yeah but that's a given anyway with this type of vape. Same with Anvil, Dani etc. A leather pouch will be fine. Or some other solution.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Is it too thick to fit in a standard Dynastash which is what I use for my Revolve? That would certainly do the trick.

cybrguy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, that's way long. I think the revolve comes in about 108 millimeters and that takes close to the full length of the stash. I didn't realize the Tempest was that long.

Guess we'll have to talk to Futo or other third party stash makers. The leather sleeve should do the trick in the near term.

cybrguy,

RedZep

Might not be able to do anymore testing for a few days. Pretty sure I've come down with covid.

I recall reading that vaping cannabis helps keep viruses away, as it has anti viral properties in the lungs and nasal passages. But once you actually come down with a virus, it's wise to stop using as it has a slight negative effect on immune system response.

Let's see if I end up risking long covid by saying screw it and vaping anyway :D

RedZep

Maybe consider eating it to avoid coughing/sneezing and irritation to lungs.
I think the issue is the anti-inflammatory effect. The immune system requires an inflammatory mechanism. Eating it would still diminish the immune response. It's only a temporary effect, but maybe not the best thing to do with covid.

TankeyPankey

@Brenyo or anyone else more familiar with Mad Heaters releases - How are these types of devices typically released? Will preorders go up before production finishes to better gauge interest?

I only ask because this feels like the most anticipated upcoming vaporizer at the moment, so it'd suck to miss out on wave 1 of production if it sells out quick. I know there's still some fine tuning being done so no definite dates can be given, but any general comment on when preorders will open would be helpful.

RedeyeDezign

Accessory Maker
Just some first impressions...

I finally received the beta unit today after an eternity (about 10 days) of excitedly waiting.

It is slightly larger than the Revolve w/ dynavap tip, but only the head is longer. The stem is exactly the same length as the revolve, it just has the sleeve so its wider. The sleeve feels really good in hand. Its something extra to grip onto. The head is really cool looking and I like being able to see the little balls inside. The head also makes a very strong connections to the mad heaters magnets. Its way stronger than the dynavap caps. I can hold the Reload / Tempest on magnet sideways and it will not fall off. I took it all apart and cleaned - easy just like the revolve.

My daily routine consists of micro-dosing with a Revolve Gen 2, titanium tip, and armored cap. I prefer full bowl extractions with a single heat cycle using a single flame torch. Maybe 2-3 bowls throughout the day. Then after work I use a desktop ball vape thru a bong. I also have some portables, but end up using the Revolve for out and about as well.

I saw RedZep mention he didnt receive the Direct tube, so after cleaning I thought I would start with that one installed. I usually have my Revolve Gen 2 set up with the direct tube anyway so why not? I had the direct tube with the direct bypass setting and the adjustable air flow on the head fully open. I set the wand up with the insert, set it to 600F and waited for the time out notification. That first bowl was way too close to combustion for my taste. The way I had all the air flow settings was a little noisy and may have helped lead to a toastier roast because all that heat hit really fast on the flower.

Next bowl I turned the wand down to 575F and raised the insert just the tiniest bit. I also closed the air flow control on the head to about 2/3 open. Back into the wand until notification again, and got a perfect roast. The vape was a little warm, but I did have the direct tube in, and the taste was amazing.

Third bowl I kept all the same settings on the wand, and kept the head air control at 2/3 open, but I swapped out for the Helix tube. Perfect, cool vape. Perfect roast for my taste. And this is totally repeatable. It took just 3 bowls to get it dialed in for my taste.

Being pretty stoned at this point, I sat with the Tempest. I realized I was trying to hit the Tempest just like my dynavaps - fast and to the point before the precious heat was gone. I dont think this is necessary with the heat retention of the balls. So next I'll try sipping a bit more. I'm still experimenting but I think it is very versatile so far.

I'm just going to enjoy this for a bit. I'll be in touch after I've had some more time with it. Thanks for reading :)

Pretty much, there are a few more small things that I want to finish as late as possible if I still want to change it, like the leather case and box. These won't take extra time, we'll start making them when the indicator is calibrated.
I think it would be awesome if you take inspiration from the Dani Fusion leather case as it doubles as a easy way to open the cap on the go (works like a leather loop) and reload without burning yourself while also being a solid case that plays well with heat in general.

I cant wait for this and hope weed will be finally legal here when this comes out so i can celebrate in style!

vappingallnight

I just tried searching the whole thread so sorry if this has been discussed.

I am assuming the Tempest will be too hot to comfortable use on the Revolve stem (V1)? Thus a new body was made?

Also, is the new wood stem functionally any different from the old wood stems? Aside from the new surface details.

Same with the new glass stem, is it thicker or different than the Revolve V2 glass stems?

vappingallnight,
Top Bottom