The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
:rockon:

I wouldn't mind both the beta test and review givaway units to wait on that, even if it takes another week.
it’s kind of exciting hearing it coming together, the visual indicator concept is something I'm looking forwards to, more than once I’ve been distracted by my girlfriend asking a question, I’ve turned to her, responded, turned back to my Dynavap thinking to myself “that should have clicked by now” and a second or two later I’ve just know I’ve accidentally combusted and in my house that means running outside before the smoke is released as my girlfriend HATES the smell of burnt cannabis.

Having a way to check where you are heating the device - when you turn back - visually - to confirm if the click has happened or not - is going to save a lot of mishaps.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Just saw the latest update to the collections page and the parts and accessories page for the Tempest - its cool seeing all the parts and components and the updated renderings.

VapingYogi,

vappingallnight

Sure, you can just leave a note with the order
Awesome! Thank you and will do!

Thank you for the Maple and black pic too. I'm going with the Rosewood kit+12mm glass. That Rosewood is just beautiful.
I'm really excited, pre-ordered the Revolve launch and now jumping in for the Tempest launch as well. Haven't been this excited for a launch since the Revolve TBH. And although I wanted it yesterday, take as much time as you need to get it right. I trust you guys to deliver in due time.

Anyone know what wood is on the left of this pic? Is it the Yellow Maple then? This is what I thought when I was asking for the pic. That one would probably look better with the black.

That maple would look really nice after repeated beeswax applications
Maybe this is the difference. The maple looks really raw in the image.

Just saw the latest update to the collections page and the parts and accessories page for the Tempest - its cool seeing all the parts and components and the updated renderings.
Just gets that VAS going don't it?

vappingallnight,
  • Love
Reactions: coolbreeze

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Is it the Yellow Maple then?
yes

The color samples have arrived, I'll likely go with the first 5 from the left or the green/blue might be replaced with a gold one instead.
The ones with "A" above them are anodised, rest is PVD / DLC.

There will be more gradient colours, those will be sold as is, only full Ti.

41E1E5A5-ABC4-4555-B8F6-BFE88B7658ED.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

Ball screen: (screwable with the reload g2 debowler)
IMG_0100.jpg

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
So pretty, I can see the Silver/Ti with Black Heat Shied & Black Debowler quite clearly now after seeing all the colours above. I am rather impressed with the design / look and I hear what one of the other guys said, its a show piece while being more than functional - its an unusual but awesome balance.

VapingYogi,
Reactions: Brenyo

RedeyeDezign

Accessory Maker
After having a test unit for a few weeks now, I'm actually even more excited for full release. Pretty sure it's my favourite vape of all time
I have to agree. I have been using the Tempest for about a week now and its definitely my go to. Actually its the only vape I've used aside from a few desktop ball vape rips for comparison. Cant wait for the pre-order!

yes

The color samples have arrived, I'll likely go with the first 5 from the left or the green/blue might be replaced with a gold one instead.

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg
These are beautiful! I'll probably stick with black, but this is very exciting!

RedZep

I have to agree. I have been using the Tempest for about a week now and its definitely my go to. Actually its the only vape I've used aside from a few desktop ball vape rips for comparison. Cant wait for the pre-order!

These are beautiful! I'll probably stick with black, but this is very exciting!
Yeah the trouble I'm having is that Tempest is now my favourite hiking vape, favourite quick one bowl vape, and favourite long session vape. So my other vapes are getting nervous I think :lol:

TankeyPankey

Yeah the trouble I'm having is that Tempest is now my favourite hiking vape, favourite quick one bowl vape, and favourite long session vape. So my other vapes are getting nervous I think :lol:
As someone with no vapes at the moment, this is great news to just buy this one vape and be done with it. It makes waiting for release a bit harder though.

When initially looking into which vape to buy, I never thought I'd be following the progress on click disks being manufactured, but here I am checking in and rooting for click disks :lol:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
In truth, I can't imagine any single vape being the only vape I might be interested in using, but I certainly have had plenty of times when one vape ruled over the others and was way more likely to be chosen. One might have noticed that I said above that I have two battery vapes that I switch between, but I did qualify that with "battery vapes". I still use my Lotus and my various VapCaps (of which I consider the Revolve to be one of) and I look forward to the Tempest as well. But it is unlikely for it or any vape to be the only vape I use.

TankeyPankey

Lol. I know people said the same thing about the Anvil, TM2, Mighty, and many other vapes before. It seems the only way to stop VAS completely is to just not follow the scene at all.

I think it'd be great if someone took the portable ball vape idea and put their own unique spin on it. Mad Heaters has the Revolve stem though which has been around for a while and from what I've read is still one of, if not the best cooling stem out on the market. That plus the performance makes me think this will be the perfect vape for me.

cybrguy: In truth, I can't imagine any single vape being the only vape I might be interested in using...But it is unlikely for it or any vape to be the only vape I use.

True, a lot of people describe their VAS being cured when it's with a combination of vapes. I wonder which vape would pair best with the Tempest?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

So when you say first five from the left, do you actually mean the first four, since you say you will likely swap green/blue (is that the fifth one here above??) for gold (which seems to be the seventh one from the left if I'm not mistaken? Sort of like green gold, yeah?? For whatever it's worth, I think that choice makes sense, good balanced mix)

Presuming I understood the above correctly, that the third one from the left, would be the blue option, and potentially in higher quality process for the color coating (see below if I understand that correctly too) so I think that is what I would go with then, the other blues further to the right seem nice, but some maybe a little too green, and I would like to go with the highest quality coding possible... However yeah that anodized purple above is also pretty nice so I could see going with that instead if for some reason I don't like the blue, if that is not the blue and I misunderstood something lol

Interesting, not sure if these were explained earlier in here, thread getting big too quick for a while haha, so I had to look them up:

"the process of PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) Titanium Ion Plating which improves the performance of stainless steel by increasing wear, scratch and corrosion resistance. This makes its durability far superior to conventional coating methods such as electroplating or powder-coating"

"and "Diamond-Like Carbon", also known as DLC in short, is a coating applied to the surface using a multi-stage high-tech process that measures only a few micrometers. In the process, the surface is vaporized with a diamond-like carbon to create an incomparable surface hardness and a deep black appearance"

Am I correct to presume these would be higher quality than the anodized metal colors?? Like chance of wearing down etc.

viargentum

yes

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg
Holy shit I would kill for that blurple ano stem... such a good color combo! They're all amazing, but that one especially.

Top Bottom