The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

johnnyCanuck

I don't know what to do, its a gut wrenching feeling that seems to be keeping me up at night... another 3am just to see what's said as you guys finish work and hear the updates. I feel like Bart Simpson with the electrocuted cupcake. "oooh the tempest looks cool" zap "damn that hurts.... oh the tempest looks cool" zap...
If money is generally tight for you, it’d probably be wise for you to wait a bit after an official launch to see if there any issues with the final product. Being from Aus with little options to take to a reseller to fix/adjust, wouldn’t it work out for you in the long run to not get in on the first batch of a new vape product?

I totally get where you’re coming from and how VAS works. However, you just gotta find a way to dampen your need to have one right away. 🤷‍♂️

Sativapo

No problem for me as I want pure metal ( except wood sleeve maybe ?) without anodizing. It ages better when there are some scratches with time.

TankeyPankey

Even as someone who's probably not going to go for the test unit, I'm hyped AF that these are going out. We'll get 50 more users (many of which who are active on this forum) for some more detailed reviews/first impressions.

For me, this is is a pretty easy preorder/day 1 purchase, but it'll only make it easier to decide after hearing many here talk about it.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
If money is generally tight for you, it’d probably be wise for you to wait a bit after an official launch to see if there any issues with the final product. Being from Aus with little options to take to a reseller to fix/adjust, wouldn’t it work out for you in the long run to not get in on the first batch of a new vape product?

I totally get where you’re coming from and how VAS works. However, you just gotta find a way to dampen your need to have one right away. 🤷‍♂️
I appreciate the feedback and it’s totally valid and waiting until the release makes the most sense.

That being said, I’m unemployed, on disability, my family’s all dead, I have my girlfriend but that’s it, no friends… man even my Facebook account has less than 30 people on it and they are mainly people who I know because I help moderate a CBD Reviews Facebook group or the PTSD and disability groups I am involved in.

I don’t have any joy in my life, anything to look forwards to, my mum died almost 10 years ago and my dad months afterwards. I don’t have any kids, I don’t any any friends, I don’t have any family and being my spending spree started on the anniversary of mums birthday, and I’m here desperately trying to get a Tenpest because it’s almost the anniversary of her death in a few weeks and at the moment the only way I am coping - having been working for years to get off Valium, is by buying myself vapes and filling VAS to feel small amounts of satisfaction in a time which for the last 10 years have been so sick that I haven’t been able to even get out of bed. This year has been different because of me getting off pharmaceuticals in a massive way and trying to work on my disability.

The Tempest to me is both something to look forward to, be involved in, feel part of a group, be doing something meaningful with the days I spend unable to do anything with support workers trying to help me … look after myself…

So while financially, I’ll use most of the last of my savings and it won’t ever be refilled a so haven’t worked since 2014, it’s better to wait, but mental health, it’s better to get a test kit, be involved and have something get up in the morning for…. Instead of staying in bed until my support worker arrives at 1pm get her to help me until she leaves at 5pm and just sit in a room, struggling with my PTSD…

I could be using that time to test, to communicate to Benyo feedback and start advertising it in the group I’m active in.

it’s like the only thing that matters to me at the moment other than keeping my girlfriend which… is so hard and she doesn’t know how much I’ve spent over this period, it’s bad but, I would… I either do this of go back to the benzodiazepines and I have worked so hard…

TMI I know… but I’m sitting here shaking, my heart beating out of my chest and almost in tears…

It’s the same reason I bought the screwball kit… I need something to look forward to even though I know the Taroma 360 is more than enough for ball vapes and I am going to give away my freight train pro to someone who needs it in my patient group.

And if I can get a tempest I can give away my tiny might 2 to someone else in need.

I really need to do these things just to be ok, so that’s why I would - even though finically I should wait, I would get so much out of just being involved even if it’s meaningless…

I should go back to sleep, I woke up because of the mailman bringing my medication and saw this message and was triggered and could stop shaking until I had got it out

TankeyPankey

What wand adapter is recommended? If I don't go with the pre release test, can I order an adapter with the 20% off?

TankeyPankey,

TankeyPankey

It will be available on the website and might come with the preorder for free. If not, then any accessory will have the 20% off with the kit.
Thanks I'm dumb and missed it on the website, I see it now.

A couple more questions about the test unit, there is both a click disk and a temperature indicator spring, in that installation video, did you install both of them? I'm just not sure what I'm looking at and trying to make sure the test plus extra kit will be the exact same as the retail release.

Also, I think previous test units were stainless steel, I'm assuming this will be full titanium?

TankeyPankey,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
in that installation video, did you install both of them?
Yes, that’s everything.

trying to make sure the test plus extra kit will be the exact same as the retail release
It will be, every part that you’re getting is part of the final, already finished production. Anything that can still change are new parts.
Also, I think previous test units were stainless steel, I'm assuming this will be full titanium?
No, it was always full Ti except the induction layer and the end of the cap etc.
Just gonna drop the gun metal (anodized?) request again if at all possible..
It’s in progress, I’ll be testing the black ano soon.

TankeyPankey

It will be, every part that you’re getting is part of the final, already finished production. Anything that can still change are new parts.
Fuck, every response you have about this is completely reasonable. I am way more tempted to buy a test unit than I thought.

Last question, will the test units come with the poorly calibrated sensors, or just no sensors at all?

TankeyPankey,
Reactions: simba

MDude

Brenyo I have a question about the indicators that will have to be later put together by buyers of test units.

Will they have to be adjusted or they will be accurate just by putting them together and on to the tip?

Can you show the entire process in video ? How are the indicators connected to the tip?

MDude,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Last question, will the test units come with the poorly calibrated sensors, or just no sensors at all?
We might have a release candidate visual sensor this week, depending on that this drop could be delayed to next week so I can include it. If not then there will be no sensor installed.

Will they have to be adjusted or they will be accurate just by putting them together and on to the tip?
You just have to put it in place, no adjustment needed.
How are the indicators connected to the tip?
You just put in onto the end of the cap and the small screw in the middle holds it together. It’s very straight forward from there.

MDude

Will the price of this test unit include the indicators when they are ready or will they have to be bought ?

Will the final version have a higher price than what is now on the webpage?

MDude,

mcscruffy

Will the price of this test unit include the indicators when they are ready or will they have to be bought ?

Will the final version have a higher price than what is now on the webpage?
IIRC the indicators would be part of the kit you can buy for the remaining parts that aren't included but will be on the final product. The kit would be £25 and bring the cost of the pre-sale to match the full release pricing.

I don't recall seeing if shipping will be charged on the kit ($20ish for us stateside otherwise) so can't answer that part but it will potentially add a notable amount to the pre-sale to make it equivalent for international customers unless you planned to buy more at that time and hit the free shipping threshold.

Edit: @TankeyPankey cleared up the second part below.

Last edited:

TankeyPankey

don't recall seeing if shipping will be charged on the kit ($20ish for us stateside otherwise) so can't answer that part but it will potentially add a notable amount to the pre-sale to make it equivalent for international customers unless you planned to buy more at that time and hit the free shipping threshold.
Brenyo mentioned free shipping will be included for the test as well as the £25 kit. The unit being £180 plus the £25 kit puts it at the same price advertised on the website right now. The biggest perk of doing this test is to try it early and also possibly get a free wand adapter (although that may not be included, worst case scenario it'll be 20% off for the wand adapter)

All of this is subject to change though because he just mentioned the temp sensor being possibly included, which could bump up the price of the unit and reduce the cost of the kit a bit.

mcscruffy

Brenyo mentioned free shipping will be included for the test as well as the £25 kit. The unit being £180 plus the £25 kit puts it at the same price advertised on the website right now. The biggest perk of doing this test is to try it early and also possibly get a free wand adapter (although that may not be included, worst case scenario it'll be 20% off for the wand adapter)

All of this is subject to change though because he just mentioned the temp sensor being possibly included, which could bump up the price of the unit and reduce the cost of the kit a bit.
Ah thanks! Thread got a bit OT and I must have missed that, good to know!

mcscruffy,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I'll be going to try and get a test unit too :) I just have to make sure I can install the parts or my partner is willing to do it for me as she's the handy one who's less likely to break something trying to install it :) being honest watching the video I would probably screw it up :p but willing to try :)

Last edited:
VapingYogi,

vappingallnight

I don't have a maple with me right now
Thank you so much for posting the Black and Rosewood pic, its Mad beautiful. Thought I wouldn't like the new surface details but they look great. If you get a chance I would still really love to see the all black with natural Maple to compare.
Maple and black was my original plan back when I pre-ordered the OG Revolve, even bought a PhantoM just for the tip (this was before the black Ti tips). Although, Rosewood is usually my favorite looking wood, so I feel a bit stuck lol.

Will the Rosewood be available as a standalone accessory during launch? Trying to decide if I should do the Rosewood Kit + Glass Stem or the Glass Kit + Maple Stem (or Rosewood Stem as the add on).

It will, but it's hard to take apart after some use because it's a much wider sleeve, there is no grip and the o-rings are tight. It would work better if you replace an o-ring on the CU with the smaller 5x1 size.
I definitely understand the hard to take apart bit. Have a crack in my original 11mm glass stem because my spiral got stuck and I had the "bright idea" to use my second Revolve to push it out... It slipped and I'm lucky the stem didn't completely shatter.
Can I purchase the smaller 5x1 orings from you with my Tempest order? I can email you directly later.

vappingallnight,
Top Bottom