The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

electrokho82

Are you using a wand now? If so try setting the airflow on the cap open, and stem on closed setting

I'm now using the wand at 320c, on auto mode, waiting till it times out.

With the standard zirc balls it rakes a few seconds to ramp up. Gently give a few little mouth to lung draws. I like to DTL pull once I feel vapour. Fluttering the airport on the stem, and leave it fully open at times if the vapour feels too hot

I think breath control / draw speed is key to getting big clouds. Play around a bit. Fully open air port, bypass, mouth to lung draws

I ran mine on a bong last night. It fully extracts in 2 cycles with really big clouds 😤😵
If you do try a bong fully close the stem and leave the airflow on the head open a tiny crack
Very strange, I am able to get a one hit extraction with my bong, I heat it with the Wand at 740 degrees Fahrenheit (or 395 celcius), here's the video of my session, you can see the AVB at the end of the video...:

.d

Wubba Lubba dub-dub
I'm a bit confused with all this talk of needing two cycles to fully extract. It's never been my experience.
Yea, as someone who jumped into the Tempest story at start of September 2024 without any ball vape experience and waited a month for fulfillment I haven’t had a single trouble with this beauty. Both of em now.
I read the f out of the manual and watched all I could about it beforehand while waiting.
Only somewhat relevant experience I had was with dynavap vapcaps and hyperdyn.
I am now around a 100 bowls in, 0 combustions and like 5 not fully extracted bowls with some char at the beginning because of experimenting.
I regularly clean the device and have mostly done default balls with different settings and have just started to experiment with boro balls. Not a single bad bowl, all fully extracted to dark coffee color with hints of lighter shades around the end of the bowl.
Did half bowl mostly as it’s the perfect size for me personally but did a lot of full bowl also with no problems.
Whenever I read about a bad tempest experience i attribute it to user error/skill issues or a faulty indicator.
This is not a beginner vape by any means but it has the best manual and great support all around.
When I see people using it without reading the manual or knowing how to draw and then complaining I consider them to have a low iq and move on as these are not relevant people in my opinion.
No disrespect to people with real disabilities and/or dexterity issues, or to low iq people. everybody got a place, love you all

MislavKO

Does anyone have any tips for using the tempest with 2.5mm stainless steel balls? Are they good or shit?
I have them but didn't try them yet.
I only use my tempest with torch since i don't have the wand (i have yll IH)

MislavKO,

coolbreeze

I'm not sure if this helps, but the Tempest takes a LOT less heat than the TAs. I use a Blazer Firefox at about medium with the Tempest pulled slowly into the flame as I spin and listen for the clicks. I get fairly regular results, decent one-heat full roast. I have to get my TA glowing pretty good to get comparable results. I'm not sure how I would do it without the clicks; I guess count?

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Zagala

AndyO

Let me tell you where i am with the Tempest.

The beta was my first portable ball vape, and the performance was unique. It got some use. I was using a torch while waiting for the Flare to release.

Then the Stunner came along, and this just kinda worked better for me. Easier to use, better performance, cooler. TA3 the same. Maybe i needed a IH to get the best from the Tempest?

My Flare arrived, as we all know that does not work great with the Tempest. Maybe i need a wand? Then i got the 5DT, that does not work with the Flare either, so i bit the bullet and brought a wand. Still i prefer my Fusion, Stunner and TA3.

Maybe its because i still got beta? Well i am now fully upgraded. I pretty much feel the same.

But i am hearing the reviews, i am hearing the hype, and because of this i am giving the Tempest the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps i dont have my technique right? Perhaps one of the many setting is not quite correct? Perhaps the moons and planets are not aligned and i am not getting a good hit. Maybe its just me.

Any useful tips on this thread are not easy to catch. There are too many posts here for me to have time to read all, and to be honest a lot of rubbish to wade through. Anyone got any golden nuggets for me?

I really want to love this vape as much as some of you. Customer service has been amazing. The manuals and videos on the website are at a level of detail i have never seen before. The reload is a stroke of genius. Its a UK vape! From my own country. There is so much to like here. I really want this vape to be the best portable ball vape out there (because for this price point thats where it should sit).

So because of this, i resist giving my final review. I resist pinning my colours to the flag. Now i have the optimal IH, the upgraded unit and i think i need to spend some quality time and get to know the tempest.

At the moment i have plenty of patience, but its not limitless.

A lot of my thinking has been similar to you. I wanted to love it, I wanted to enjoy it as much as everyone here seems to.

I gave it a lot more time than I usually give vapes, mainly cos I wanted to try all the ball varieties before giving up on it. And tbh I did find a combination of the SS balls along with the Wand that I do really enjoy as a sipper.

I don't hate it - I've found a niche for it.

But I don't reach for it every day, just cos that niche that it sits within isn't something that I'm looking for every day. I'll reach for my Anvil on a Revolve, a VerdaVap, a ball vape or a Tornado all before I reach for the Tempest, cos typically I want a punchier hit. And while I guess that's ok so long as it's filling a niche, goddamn it cost a lot of money for something that I don't reach for on even a daily basis having only had it a month. (And tbh, if it weren't for the Wand being a fun and pleasurable experience, I wouldn't use it at all, I would've sold it.)

I think the advice is to figure out what you want it to be, find the appropriate balls for that job, and really try and tailor your experience to that. I don't think the Tempest is going to be something where you just do random shit and stumble upon your favourite set-up - you need to do some targeted testing using different balls, temps and heating methods according to what you want the vape to be.

RedZep

Yea, as someone who jumped into the Tempest story at start of September 2024 without any ball vape experience and waited a month for fulfillment I haven’t had a single trouble with this beauty. Both of em now.
I read the f out of the manual and watched all I could about it beforehand while waiting.
Only somewhat relevant experience I had was with dynavap vapcaps and hyperdyn.
I am now around a 100 bowls in, 0 combustions and like 5 not fully extracted bowls with some char at the beginning because of experimenting.
I regularly clean the device and have mostly done default balls with different settings and have just started to experiment with boro balls. Not a single bad bowl, all fully extracted to dark coffee color with hints of lighter shades around the end of the bowl.
Did half bowl mostly as it’s the perfect size for me personally but did a lot of full bowl also with no problems.
Whenever I read about a bad tempest experience i attribute it to user error/skill issues or a faulty indicator.
This is not a beginner vape by any means but it has the best manual and great support all around.
When I see people using it without reading the manual or knowing how to draw and then complaining I consider them to have a low iq and move on as these are not relevant people in my opinion.
No disrespect to people with real disabilities and/or dexterity issues, or to low iq people. everybody got a place, love you all
I don't think think they are low IQ. I recall having lots of difficulty with my first convection vape. I found the Tempest straightforward, but maybe that was due to my previous experience.

I would say to anyone needing multiple heat cycles that you are not using the device in an optimum fashion, and to maybe read the manual again.

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
20 bucks dimpled glass stem is such a game changer. Taste improves drastically, and I feel I'm getting higher...must be due to simpler air path.

I did broke the stem on the 4th day of receiving it tho...ejecting the bowl from it while rinsing with hot water. Metal must have expanded due to heat and broke the glass while I tried to pull it out. Lesson learned!
Getting more glass stems for sure! lol

Last edited:

RedZep

20 bucks dimpled glass stem is such a game changer. Taste improves drastically, and I feel I'm getting higher...must be due to simpler air path.

I did broke the stem on the 4th day of receiving it tho...ejecting the bowl from it while rinsing with hot water. Metal must have expanded due to heat and broke the glass while I tried to pull it out. Lesson learned!
Getting more glass stems for sure! lol
I sometimes use simple glass stems. Only when using half bowl, and taking multiple small hits. Works very nicely.

hazyy1

Recently did something called the holy Trinity
- anvil
- tempest
- Dynavap

My face melted off haha.

After about three weeks with the tempest. I’ve slowly gone back to rotating my anvil in. I prefer anvil for wake n bake or something right after work while tempest is more or my session or want more flavor. i just don’t see a need for my DV anymore. Anvil and tempest pair very well together but my dv ecosystem seems to be just collecting dust now.

Vangel

Recently did something called the holy Trinity
- anvil
- tempest
- Dynavap

My face melted off haha.

After about three weeks with the tempest. I’ve slowly gone back to rotating my anvil in. I prefer anvil for wake n bake or something right after work while tempest is more or my session or want more flavor. i just don’t see a need for my DV anymore. Anvil and tempest pair very well together but my dv ecosystem seems to be just collecting dust now.
All my dynavaps are gathering dust, I rotate, Anvil, Tempest. Dani Fusion 2.0, TA4,Stunner, and several different strains I use every month so I can keep my high tolerance in check.

hazyy1

All my dynavaps are gathering dust, I rotate, Anvil, Tempest. Dani Fusion 2.0, TA4,Stunner, and several different strains I use every month so I can keep my high tolerance in check.
I think my next vape is gonna be a Dani fusion or TA4

Thanks.
*edited

Last edited:
hazyy1,
  • Haha
Reactions: b0

larfy

Ok I'm sorry but I'm ever so slightly pished!

In my drunken state I'm going to give my very honest opinion of the tempest.

I genuinely find it to be a pretty hard learning curve compared to every other ball vape or metal analogue vape that I've had the pleasure of trying.

It took me at least I don't know a week or 2 until I stumbled onto the config that worked for me. Which btw is probably so far into the unknown that I actually don't know what I want to say, other than it's blown my mind, when I can get it to work.

But after some stumbling I've come to love it. And it's now my favourite analogue vape.

I think the way I'm thinking about it is this is a racing car compared to this is a mondeo

Minsc_NBoo

I would say to anyone needing multiple heat cycles that you are not using the device in an optimum fashion, and to maybe read the manual again.

It's a preference for me. I like to keep my AVB on the lighter side. I do one big lung buster, and a much lighter second cycle if I think there is a little bit left.

If I get it right the AVB looks like cigarette tobacco.
It looks light, but it's completely spent. I get similar results from my sticky brick flip. I put the AVB in my dynavap to see if there was still anything left but I got hardly any vapour so I'm happy it's fully extracted

Last edited:

Sunny

I accidentally dropped a hot tempest on carpet and when disassembling the cap the visual indicator coil ended up getting bent. I know they’re meant to be delicate so does anyone know if I’ll have to buy a new one or will it still function? The bend is at the part that clips into the outer wall of the cap, which is now slightly bent upwards by a few mm. Thank you!

Sunny,
  • Sad
Reactions: Brenyo

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I accidentally dropped a hot tempest on carpet and when disassembling the cap the visual indicator coil ended up getting bent. I know they’re meant to be delicate so does anyone know if I’ll have to buy a new one or will it still function? The bend is at the part that clips into the outer wall of the cap, which is now slightly bent upwards by a few mm. Thank you!
Try to bend it back carefully, so the spring is completely flat again. If you can hold the rest of spring in between 2 flat surfaces that could help.

humbuckers

To convert a smoker, I can’t think of a better vape to say “here hit this” than the tempest. Baring they can listen to which end not to touch. For joint tokers close the cap a good bit. For bong whackers open up the cap airflow and show them the face of god. Again, baring they can listen to which end not to grab. I have burned friends, but those burned friends have seen the light nonetheless

vapefritz

@Brenyo on the tempest website it used to say something like "a few factory seconds will be available by the end of the month" but now it just says "the tempest is sold out". Does that mean no factory seconds this time?

vapefritz,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
@Brenyo on the tempest website it used to say something like "a few factory seconds will be available by the end of the month" but now it just says "the tempest is sold out". Does that mean no factory seconds this time?
There weren’t enough of them, after all. There might be more Rainbow Revolve CU + Wood Sleeve + Ti Head kits with a discount next month.

HaggisHunter

@Brenyo think this was asked before, but would dosing capsules be an option at any point?
Reload is nice, but there's times when I can't take it with me, so I resort back to a Dynavap and it's dosing capsules.

They could maybe have a few holes in the side to help get the airflow in from the side of the bowl.
Titanium obviously so they can be colour coded 😆

Top Bottom