The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

hazyy1

Cannot believe I waited basically a month and a half before putting this through glass!!

Essentially cleared a full .15g bowl in one hit 👊 zirc balls, wand at 335c til timeout.

Kept looking at another recently released butane vape, but I’m just gonna put my head in the sand for the foreseeable. Don’t need it, cause the tempest just filled every niche for me.

Sorry for fangirling, here’s my first bowl through glass (I’m going outside for the exhale, sorry!)

How open is the airport?

hazyy1,

kegstandman420

Hi fam, long time not posting!! I've been a few years on that concentrates diet, but back to enjoy vaping flowers again :)

I'm in absolute love with my Tempest, I've had it for 48 hours and have been testing it non-stop. Already found the sweet spot for even extractions and tested a few modes, this thing for sure is amazing.

Something I've realized and I wonder if it's happening to everyone with a black unit. Is it normal for the colored bit of the tip that gets into the wand to fade the color a bit? On mine looks kinda faded now. Not a big deal for me, I think it may be normal because of the temp changes, but wanted to check here. There must be a scientific explanation :science:

1000054698.jpg

Anyway, thanks for this amazing device @Brenyo, this is my dreamed vape. Couldn't be happier with it, and there is still of testing ahead :freak:
my purple has discoloration on it also. This picture was taken roughly 4 month ago. I use it everyday since February, 90%wand. Its like right where the top sits in the adapter.

kegstandman420,
Reactions: BearFuur

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
The big advantage of the tempest is that you can reheat without any waiting just looking at the VI. Try reheating it right away and stop when the VI hits MKII
I'd like to throw something out here with regards to re-heating the Tempest head on a stem (not WPA), and specifically with the Wand. I don't own a Tempest but have a Stunner. The Tempest has far more airflow options and is much more refined but their heaters are essentially the same - a ZrO2 ball vape encased in metal with an air gap above the bowl.

The Stunner is so basic that it has no click disks and certainly nothing as sophisticated as a visual indicator. I have been using it with the Wand without combusting and I wonder if this will work for the Tempest too?

It's easy to heat stuff from cold because you can use the Wand as a timer but once the bowl and cap are hot, we all know you can't use the same timings or you'll risk combusting. What I did with the Stunner for re-heats is I would just heat it with the Wand freehand while it was up to my mouth and test for vapor. Like re-lighting the tip of a cigar. Every 5s or so I would take a small sip and see if vapor was flowing. Once I got some, I could usually keep heating 1-3s more if I wanted and then just take the Wand away and keep puffing.

Now of course, you can only do this with the Wand and a stem but it worked for me with the Stunner so maybe it could work for the Tempest. 🤷‍♂️:2c:

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'd like to throw something out here with regards to re-heating the Tempest head on a stem (not WPA), and specifically with the Wand. I don't own a Tempest but have a Stunner. The Tempest has far more airflow options and is much more refined but their heaters are essentially the same - a ZrO2 ball vape encased in metal with an air gap above the bowl.

The Stunner is so basic that it has no click disks and certainly nothing as sophisticated as a visual indicator. I have been using it with the Wand without combusting and I wonder if this will work for the Tempest too?

It's easy to heat stuff from cold because you can use the Wand as a timer but once the bowl and cap are hot, we all know you can't use the same timings or you'll risk combusting. What I did with the Stunner for re-heats is I would just heat it with the Wand freehand while it was up to my mouth and test for vapor. Like re-lighting the tip of a cigar. Every 5s or so I would take a small sip and see if vapor was flowing. Once I got some, I could usually keep heating 1-3s more if I wanted and then just take the Wand away and keep puffing.

Now of course, you can only do this with the Wand and a stem but it worked for me with the Stunner so maybe it could work for the Tempest. 🤷‍♂️:2c:
Actually, I do something similar on a water piece. The difference is that, rather than waiting for the taste of vapor, I'm watching for the visual of vapor coming through the wpa. Very simple and effective.

Mndeadhead

I have dialed back to 24. For me, anything hotter and it got too hot and ended up combusting. I’m holding for 1-2 seconds on opposite sides, not spinning. I pull it somewhere between 1.5 and the two bar mark, and in a perfect world, just before the first click, then I let it ride to the second click before I start hitting. Haven’t combusted since ding it that way, and have a deep, deep roast. The closer I get to that two bar mark before I stop, the closer to combustion i come.m

has anyone who owns camouflet inductor tried with the tempest? if so, what was your experience?
It’s the only thing I’ve used on it. I’m parked on 24. I pull just a little after the first hash, right before the first click, and I wait until the second click to hit. Deep dark roast at the end.

Mndeadhead,

humbuckers

Hi fam, long time not posting!! I've been a few years on that concentrates diet, but back to enjoy vaping flowers again :)

I'm in absolute love with my Tempest, I've had it for 48 hours and have been testing it non-stop. Already found the sweet spot for even extractions and tested a few modes, this thing for sure is amazing.

Something I've realized and I wonder if it's happening to everyone with a black unit. Is it normal for the colored bit of the tip that gets into the wand to fade the color a bit? On mine looks kinda faded now. Not a big deal for me, I think it may be normal because of the temp changes, but wanted to check here. There must be a scientific explanation :science:

1000054698.jpg

Anyway, thanks for this amazing device @Brenyo, this is my dreamed vape. Couldn't be happier with it, and there is still of testing ahead :freak:
My blue cap is heavily faded -dropped it hot right out of the wand on to a pillow. Had to throw into the flames of Orodruin to clean. Do not recommend. Smooth sailing now though

humbuckers,
Reactions: imor jones

General Disaster

A Total disMember
No idea what that means but that's what the website says!
PVD = Physical Vapour Deposition - essentially a coating in the form of vapour is deposited on the surface of the metal.
DLC = Diamond Like Coating - essentially a coating of carbon atoms arranged in a structure similar to diamond to provide a very hard wearing coating. There are a number of types with different properties.

General Disaster,
Reactions: vapefritz
Top Bottom