The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Musikchen

Should i try to bend it like someone suggested a few pages back or leave it like this?
If you are sure everything is installed correct and the spring is happy.
Before trying to adjust the bend,
First step would be to disassemble and polish the slot the VI runs in and maybe the edges of the VI ends too.
Could be a little burr or too gritty slot overall.

Musikchen,
Reactions: TedJones

MislavKO

If you are sure everything is installed correct and the spring is happy.
Before trying to adjust the bend,
First step would be to disassemble and polish the slot the VI runs in and maybe the edges of the VI ends too.
Could be a little burr or too gritty slot overall.
Ok thanks, might give it a try today.
Also, is there any procedure to make the induction sleve look like new (or just better)? It is pretty dark after using a torch

MislavKO,

TedJones

Why does my heat shield get hot when I’m using a torch? I thought the stem isn’t really supposed to get hot
Not enough hot air getting through your herb. The heat then escapes onto your stem and shield. Still get that myself once in awhile. You can open the cap airflow slightly and/or a lighter pack bowl helps.

TedJones,
Reactions: mike butta

Musikchen

Also, is there any procedure to make the induction sleve look like new (or just better)? It is pretty dark after using a torch
I used something like 4000grit micromesh paper and some even finer 8000grit.
Should easily clean up with any polish compound on a cotton cloth too.
Its good to have everything disassembled to clean it afterwards.

Musikchen,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
One, I don't have 2 orings on the mouthpiece, I only have 1, I'm gonna check to see if it's loose in one of the other parts of the vape. Otherwise, is it a big deal to be missing one of those? (gonna have to check if bag of goodies it came with has orings)
Are you talking about the Airflow tube inside the mouthpeice? if that is what you are referring to it has one o-ring that you change the location of in order to change its function.

VapingYogi,

MislavKO

I used something like 4000grit micromesh paper and some even finer 8000grit.
Should easily clean up with any polish compound on a cotton cloth too.
Its good to have everything disassembled to clean it afterwards.
I don't think that would help in my case because when i heated it now for 10 sec after the second click, my visual indicator was obetween 2.nd and 3rd notch. Then right after heating it, I tried to push it to the 3rd notch, and it just springed right back to the same place. To me this seems like i should try to bend it a little since it has nothing to hold on to (seems clean to me)

MislavKO,

mike butta

Are you talking about the Airflow tube inside the mouthpeice? if that is what you are referring to it has one o-ring that you change the location of in order to change its function.
Yes it comes with one that you can move to lock the mouthpiece, but if you want to install the cooling unit and have the mouthpiece locked you add an o-ring I believe. So that's how you end up with 2.

MislavKO

No luck, maybe I was to gentle on my bends but after reassemble it works exactly the same... seemd a bit scary at first but it was pretty easy. I don't have the tool from mad heaters so i used some tweezers that are used for nicotine vapes with ceramic tips

MislavKO,

sriyantra7

Not enough hot air getting through your herb. The heat then escapes onto your stem and shield. Still get that myself once in awhile. You can open the cap airflow slightly and/or a lighter pack bowl helps.
Ok thanks I will try, my cap airflow is at like a quarter open

sriyantra7,

n0tu2

No luck, maybe I was to gentle on my bends but after reassemble it works exactly the same... seemd a bit scary at first but it was pretty easy. I don't have the tool from mad heaters so i used some tweezers that are used for nicotine vapes with ceramic tips

i recall brenyo making a change to the VI rebuild instructions to make sure the VI pointer is pointing all the way closed position/coolest setting before installing the spring to it.. worth just a double check.. may just be a bum VI coil then? haven't opened mine yet to check this area out.. it seems to be workin'

in regards to other post torching the cap.. after first practice torch run w.empty bowl the beautiful golden induction only run sleeve is now all speckled and dotted like a disease LOL.. torched caps will never look like new imo.. just have to accept it

n0tu2,
Top Bottom