The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Datoneguy

Got the vape in yesterday and was super hyped. Decided to try to clean it before use and right away I had no idea what I was doing lmao. I could not dissassemble a single part without feeling like I was gonna break something on accident lol.

Is there a simple video for fools that shows how to dissassemble/assemble the device and how to go about cleaning?
I'm thinking something like this video I bookmarked for the Anvil, something that could be bookmarked and watched within a few minutes when cleaning your Tempest.

Psyched to try the vape, but it's looking like I might have to study the device a little more before I take a crack at it lol.

Datoneguy,

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
IMO Brenyo has done an exceptional job with the manual page and all the vids therein. Things really just pull apart pretty easy, they're just o-rings to pull out.
Yeah, the only things that can’t pull apart are oven and the head which screw together (and the indicator housing, but there’s a video on that). When I got mine EVERYTHING felt like I’d break it by pulling apart, but eventually they came loose without harm.

Octavia,
Reactions: sansei

n0tu2

Got the vape in yesterday and was super hyped. Decided to try to clean it before use and right away I had no idea what I was doing lmao. I could not dissassemble a single part without feeling like I was gonna break something on accident lol.

Is there a simple video for fools that shows how to dissassemble/assemble the device and how to go about cleaning?
I'm thinking something like this video I bookmarked for the Anvil, something that could be bookmarked and watched within a few minutes when cleaning your Tempest.

Psyched to try the vape, but it's looking like I might have to study the device a little more before I take a crack at it lol.
That sounds like a good idea.. Maybe @Brenyo can make a breakdown and reassemble video.. I'm sure someone will make one eventually.. I was used to it since I've had the revolve and other dyna style vapes for quite a while... You really can't break it.. maybe mangle an oring by accident (lube them before reassembly!).. always remove with a light twisting and pulling motion when removing one of the parts. Slowly break it down further the braver you get 😀 even the heat shield came off easily and popped back on. I use a little 100% VG ejuice to lube the orings before reassembly but you can use some dyna wax..chapstick.. and there are some other things too that slip my mind.. in an emergency even spit will work lol.. hawk tuah that tempest

n0tu2,

larfy

Silly question.. What's that little tool you used to unscrew the head and form the screens?

I've tried the rayon method before with concentrates in other vapes and didn't like it. I'm sure I got the right stuff off Amazon "Graham Cellucotton Beauty Coil 100% Rayon (44130)" I have a whole box of it, lol. It has a weird flavor and odor when heated.. I think the concentrate flavors just overpower it so you don't notice but just didn't feel right to me.. I have some Cotton Bacon brand and COTN brand organic cotton (for RDA coils - which I use) as well which have a neutral taste when heated but we know cotton will singe at 450ish degrees so worried about using that too at 670+ higher temps.. the wrap it and toss method seems great but just a little unsure of any concerns with cotton/rayon fumes?

..on an aside couple more bowls with tempest.. next go with insert level with wand bottom oring.. pulled tempest immediately at first click or whatever sounded like a click even if its a weak pop just to take a look. VI was just around the 2nd line at this point and still rising slowly.. hit it there for science.. 3 nice hits similar to 2nd and 3rd dyna heat ups (nice cool vapor off the first hit .. lots of flavor and of course a lighter cloud) so you can use it here effectively without going for that massive 1 hit if you choose. During the middle of the 1st hit it actually loud clicked .. so there is a little lag before any ball heat gets up to the VI and click discs. Was able to go back in and give it some more heat and finish.. maybe another 10 seconds of the wand.. just went by feel.. probably will be using it like this more then the late night punchy bubbler 1HE to wand timeout. still need to try torch.. maybe tonight 😀
That little tool is just a magnet on a stick. It just happened to be a perfect fit for a cigar tube I had when I attach it to the tempest. Basically it's my cheapskate version of the reload🤣.

I haven't actually heard of the rayon method before, I've lurked around here a little before but not much really. I'll have to try search for it out of curiosity.

Yeah I'm a little bothered by the off gassing temp for cotton, seems a little to close for me but having said that it does work well.

Actually my best guess as to what's happening with my basket with a 2nd screen method is similar to what I think my best guess is to how the cotton works. Basically I think the resin sort of wicks into the cotton as the hash heats up separating it from the plant material and allowing it to vape. With my 2 screens and help from a stirring stick it does the same thing, I think anyway.

I sped up the video it made the click sound kinda weak, then I waited for it to click a 2nd time, it can just about be heard. I made the basket screen sort of half bowl size because it's a bit too snug so I don't want to jam it deep in there.

I'll definitely try moving the insert cheers. Had it less than a week and haven't had any bud just hash so didn't use it much until a couple of days ago.

This is how I'm vaping hash with a diffuser. Probably a 360 would be the perfect set u, same way just some slight differences

Last edited:
larfy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

Maybe @Brenyo can make a breakdown and reassemble video.. I'm sure someone will make one eventually..
Guys guys guys, I am so confused. Are you in a different thread or something?

Honestly, this is one of the best and most detailed online manuals I have run into.

n0tu2

lol. yeah, everything you need to know is in there in that manual.. but I think some want to just visually see someone breakapart a complete tempest and reassemble so they can pause the video and see each individual step just for reassurance 😀 first time could be intimidating if they've never done it before..

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I will freely admit I struggled with replacing the spring and the step by step vid didn't keep me from damaging it. Truth is though, that process is replacing a part that is really not meant to be done by the consumer, and should never have to be done again, and only needs to be done by the beta users. None of the devices instructions for use or cleaning are difficult, for me at least.

cybrguy,
Reactions: Octavia

Datoneguy

lol. yeah, everything you need to know is in there in that manual.. but I think some want to just visually see someone breakapart a complete tempest and reassemble so they can pause the video and see each individual step just for reassurance 😀 first time could be intimidating if they've never done it before..
I'll go bookmark the manual and give it a more thorough look.

But ya, visual reassurance is definitely helpful.

I have managed to damage other "indestructable" metal vapes in the past and I'm not even sure what I did wrong. I won't mention the vape by name because it wasn't a tempest and some people seem bothered by the names of other vapes here, but the promise of indestructable did not hold up for me, even though it did for most with that vape.
Sometimes I get a bit unlucky in this way and something goes wrong that typically for most people does not go wrong.

So yes, videos of doing things properly are quite useful for someone like me that has a knack for accidentally breaking things lol. The paranoi comes from personal experience on my end, I will find a way to mess up your vape if I'm not careful, so I try to be as mindful about new vapes and how I treat them, even if it's metal and can't be damaged. I appreciate the reassurance from everyone here though and all the tangible tips about pulling this apart except for the part you twist off a thread, that's really one of the bigger issues I was having, no idea what was threaded or not threaded and I didn't want to forcefully pull apart threading or vice-versa. So I just decided to wait until I know what I'm doing.

But ya, I wouldn't be asking about this if I hadn't had other issues with vapes in the past that were claimed to be hard to damage, I'll never just assume that's the case going forward even if the device is made of metal. I'll checkout the manual for now and check in periodically to see if a vid comes, not necessary but it would be helpful....

Peace

Last edited:

snirgol

IMO Brenyo has done an exceptional job with the manual page and all the vids therein. Things really just pull apart pretty easy, they're just o-rings to pull out.
By far the best manual I have seen so far. Really nicely done and I was able to quickly find all the answers I needed. Half bowl setting, how to use the wand, balls difference, maintainance, he really covered everything.

snirgol,

vapefritz

I may be asking an obvious question, but will the Tempest in all color variations and with all accessories plus the Reload continue to be available after the pre-sale period (e.g., in six months)?
This comment really aged like milk, not even two months passed and I'm already having a hard time finding a set with wood stem in Germany/EU 🥲

vapefritz,
Reactions: .d

Minsc_NBoo

Can the o-rings go in ISO?

Yes, orings are ISO safe. The only part not ISO friendly is the the wood sleeve

If you have the metal stem you don't need to take it apart, although it is recommended for a deep clean

Last edited:
Minsc_NBoo,

.d

This comment really aged like milk, not even two months passed and I'm already having a hard time finding a set with wood stem in Germany/EU 🥲
Yea man, tell me about it, and they won't come again soon apparently...not sure if that french shop still has any in stock? la centrale vapeur? Maybe check it, good luck

I was lucky enough to get one on 2.9. but still waiting for it to ship though...excitement is barely containable :D

.d,

MrGreenspoon

MrGreenspoon,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Honestly, this is one of the best and most detailed online manuals I have run into.
I think this needs to be in bold and a larger font though "Do not insert the mouthpiece into the induction heater; the plastic bearing can melt into it." having done this myself I constantly remove the MP when cleaning it so I don't accidently put it in the oven to dry off :)

VapingYogi,

spike71

I think this needs to be in bold and a larger font though
Also this regarding VI and Spring
"Disassembly
Please only attempt this with a clear head and a fine-point tweezer."
Had a fine tweezer but first attempt there was some friction left (like others described) , tried again and the spring snapped in the right place. That mentioned clear head could have helped :clap:

spike71,

Datoneguy

About to iso soak and rinse the vape.

Two questions I had after dissassembly.
One, I don't have 2 orings on the mouthpiece, I only have 1, I'm gonna check to see if it's loose in one of the other parts of the vape. Otherwise, is it a big deal to be missing one of those? (gonna have to check if bag of goodies it came with has orings)

Also, how do you go about cleaning the cap itself? Seems to suggest soaking it in a cleaning solution but not using iso. Do you use soap and water? And then pat it down dryish and then run an empty cycle? I'll probably just not clean the cap and wait till tomorrow, but thanks again for the vid @TedJones , bookmarked it and will probably reference it for the first few cleaning until the process becomes second nature.

Datoneguy,
Top Bottom