The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

sansei

I'm not here for a long time, but for a good time
So I opened up my upgraded head again to see if I could get the VI to behave properly. I pulled on the spring and resettled it. It looks right to me. So maybe I'm missing something, but the VI still goes less than halfway and parks there.
20240914-131918-resized.jpg
how easy is it to change out the VI? I'm thinking about picking up a dif color once they hare back in stock,, but dont want to mess with it if it's too difficult. my hands aren't as steady as they used to be...

re: clicks, because I dont know how to do that mutli quote thing.

my second click coincides with the second line. I usually stop heating a few blinks after that and I have never made it all the way to the third line. Think I may combust if I did...

Last edited:
sansei,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
how easy is it to change out the VI? I'm thinking about picking up a dif color once they hare back in stock,, but dont want to mess with it if it's too difficult. my hands aren't as steady as they used to be...
Well, that's a relative question. It has gone well for most people. In my case, it did not go well, and I damaged the spring so the VI is not working properly. I'm blaming old hands that don't move as well or as precisely as they used to, and bad luck. Hopefully I'll get it right the second time.

cybrguy,

dudeguy

No, FS are only from the UK store.

Ok no problem. I'll order a regular one then, at least once/if the ball retaining screens are available again.
Before experimenting with my SiC balls I better have additional ball screens ready. Too paranoid about destroying the one I have :ko:

dudeguy,
Reactions: Madao

Madao

Ok no problem. I'll order a regular one then, at least once/if the ball retaining screens are available again.
Before experimenting with my SiC balls I better have additional ball screens ready. Too paranoid about destroying the one I have :ko:
Yeah that is a good call, when i swapped to my SiC balls my first screen got pretty mangled. I am not even really happy with how the second one is currently seated but its good enough and im not willing to destroy this one in the name of making it pretty lol

mcscruffy

As far as a am aware there will be no more colored VI for sale. He ran out so I didn't get any with my beta kit (not even raw) and said he wasn't getting any more as of then unless he's changed his mind?

TankeyPankey

I know a lot of you have a reload, but does anyone have a doob tube that is wide enough to fit a tempest for easy loading while out and about?

Edit: Another question I've had is that it seems like my wand and click settings are different from what others are reporting here. I've gone up to 565F with no combustion yet. 2nd click happens like 10 seconds before I'm done heating. I don't think I've used it enough for my clicks to have "settled". My VI is super nice though.

I think it's interesting how we're all getting slightly different results with the wand though. I'm probably going to keep pushing it until I combust, but I was curious what temps others have combustion from?

Last edited:

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I've gone up to 565F with no combustion yet. 2nd click happens like 10 seconds before I'm done heating. I don't think I've used it enough for my clicks to have
If you heat it until it times out, when it changes to a solid light, that means it's barely heating anymore—just very slowly. If you're going by the clicks, then I suggest maxing out the wand temp and taking it out shortly after it clicks (depending on your specific clicks and preference). This is why you have to wait 5-10sec after the click

@Brenyo When will there be new Tempest and heat shields on the EU side?
Sometime next year

Singularity Walker

Just a little update on Greeny. last night I opened it up, did not see anything wrong. Decided to do a full disassemble/reassemble of the indicator system. Once put back together its VI is now in line with BetaT & Purps. Then they really gave me a smack down.

@Brenyo will green & purple VI pointers become available? I want to buy 2 housings, 2 VI coils, 2 sets of snap discs, 2 screws, and pointers in both green & purple so BetaT can swap pre-assembled indicator housings with pointer colors as part of its outfits.

Last edited:

Sudolewdo

After a couple of days of use I can really see how good this thing will be once I dial it in more. Like others though I think I'm having some VI issues that are making that tricky.

Seems no matter how long I heat it for the indicator doesn't rise above just below the first notch. Click disks also appear inconsistent at this stage, both of them going off quite close together pretty early in the heating process, and usually when the VI is about halfway between the bottom and the first notch.

Is this a be brave, attempt to tear down and reassemble situation or is there something else I'm missing here?

Sudolewdo,

Brenyo

Manufacturer

Madao

Just wanted to express further appreciation and my total satisfaction with this product. Before i felt like I was looking at every little Dyna acccessory that came out... wanting to try the next tip or stem innovation, or cap whatever it may be... But as soon as my first session was underway with my Tempest I felt like all my old Dyna stuff was instantly demoted to backup/secondary...

This thing is just amazing. Great job @Brenyo

Anyone else feeling similar towards their old collection of Dyna stuff? What do i waste my extra dough on now?? xD WPAs and Glass i suppose!

Any recommendations for glass WPA that fit a 14mm connection? The triple Maria posted above looks to be perfect, but I don’t really want a colored one :/ the bb-x could work but I’d rather not have balls if possible. Something clear, and simple that only works with 14 (aka doesn’t have the extra restriction of most of the 3in1 WPAs). Bonus points if it has something like the triple Maria’s rings to help manage heat.

The vong works well but it’s just extra parts to clean and I also suspect it restricts airflow just a bit too.

FYI - I tried using search, google, and checking all of the usual retailers but can’t find exactly what I’m looking for.

Zagala

Any recommendations for glass WPA that fit a 14mm connection? The triple Maria posted above looks to be perfect, but I don’t really want a colored one :/ the bb-x could work but I’d rather not have balls if possible. Something clear, and simple that only works with 14 (aka doesn’t have the extra restriction of most of the 3in1 WPAs). Bonus points if it has something like the triple Maria’s rings to help manage heat.

The vong works well but it’s just extra parts to clean and I also suspect it restricts airflow just a bit too.

FYI - I tried using search, google, and checking all of the usual retailers but can’t find exactly what I’m looking for.
glass WPA is from osgree on DHgate)
Edit - theherbcafe in Canada has some as well.

RedZep

I have this one in clear. You can choose clear or smoked.

Top Bottom