The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

dudeguy

I should really get a Reload... doing multiple bowls without one is a little annoying. Will the EU shop get factory seconds (and ball retaining screens) too? :D

dudeguy,

AndyO

I should really get a Reload... doing multiple bowls without one is a little annoying. Will the EU shop get factory seconds (and ball retaining screens) too? :D

I'll keep suggesting that people keep an eye out for the Anvil case with the XL lid.

It has the strong magnet on top, and is a good quality, hard carrying case for it. The trade off is that it doesn't have compartments for weed or AVB like the Reload has. And it's not currently available.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Edit: @Brenyo I've just realised that the Revolve sleeve was missing from my order (I used the BLACK-GEN2-CU code). Obviously it's not the end of the world to not have it right away but thought I'd give you the heads up.
Sorry please send an email with your order no

No, FS are only from the UK store.

Brenyo,

sporty90

Because some people here had problems with the spring.

Without the tool it is very difficult. I bought a tool like this from Amazon for 5 Euros and installed my new spring today, it took less than 5 minutes.

The hole on the side that holds the spring faces away from me, then the indicator is manually moved to maximum heat and the new spring just needs to be inserted, which is pretty easy with the tool

sporty90,
Reactions: .d

Woolf

Hi guys!
Short question : i disassembled everything and altough the manual is Good im not Sure, is there a specific Position how to Insert the helix tube into the cooling spiral so that the holes Match up correctly (so that the amrkings for Bypass and open are accurate)?
Thanks!

Woolf,

anome

Around these parts 99% iso is behind the counter, but the lower percentage bottles are on the aisle, go figure.

anome,

eyevape

👀
Oh!
Thanks, i need New glasses🤓
You’re welcome. To be fair, I didn’t take notice of that mark either. I’m using the direct tube, so this is no issue for me. But then reading your question I wanted to know myself, so I did a little investigation 🕵️‍♂️

eyevape,
Reactions: Woolf

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So I opened up my upgraded head again to see if I could get the VI to behave properly. I pulled on the spring and resettled it. It looks right to me. So maybe I'm missing something, but the VI still goes less than halfway and parks there.
20240914-131918-resized.jpg

cybrguy,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
is there a specific Position how to Insert the helix tube into the cooling spiral so that the holes Match up correctly (so that the amrkings for Bypass and open are accurate)?
No, it doesn’t matter where it’s facing.

So I opened up my upgraded head again to see if I could get the VI to behave properly. I pulled on the spring and resettled it. It looks right to me. So maybe I'm missing something, but the VI still goes less than halfway and parks there.
20240914-131918-resized.jpg
Please take it out and send another picture of the spring. The inner end of the spring (where there is the 90deg bend) should be touching the post.

Brenyo,
Reactions: Woolf

Mustchow

VERY long time lurker, first time poster.

My shipping label was finally created today and looks to be headed out Monday. Can’t wait. Anyone tried using the dynavap Wand Adapter (newer silicone one) with the tempest? I’m thinking that one might allow faster heat up because there’s less heat transfer than glass? But idk if it actually works that way and if it even fits.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Do the click discs have a wearing in period? I haven’t really been noticing mine click at all in my first 4 heats and just have been using the wand’s timing + the VI. Only 2 clicks I’ve noticed were single clicks after it had been cooling down for a while

Octavia,
Reactions: eyevape

eyevape

👀
Yes, my click discs had to be broken in, too. The super delayed 2nd cool down click also got away after time. But anyway, there’s not supposed to be a 2nd click at 2nd notch, broken in or not.

After some more testing (a full reload debowlers worth of abv) I have settled in on 235c when the battery is full, stepping up to 240c once it hits half battery - going to time out. The wand times out several seconds (8 maybe?) after my second click and the vi is a little more than half way from step 2 - 3. This with the stem closed and the head either open for native or closed going through water with my vong produces a perfect medium dark roast! I can easily bump the temp up by 10c to seriously ride the line to combustion but it’s a little too intense lol. Really enjoying it so far. I haven’t touched any other devices since it landed.

ftomasze

I received my Tempest Head, wand adapter, and stand this morning.

Everything was well packaged and I was happy to see MH included extra o-rings and screens. Good looking out MH!

I have not used it yet, but I will say this is an extremely well machined vape.

I did an initial cleaning and NOT ONE SPECK of dust was to be found.

I did a couple burn off heat cycles and this sucker gets HOT. Like VERY hot. Be CAREFUL.

I feel like the Reload (I have one of the original and one of the newer versions) is essential. The magnet top makes it easy to take the stem off the cap and the Reload tool is perfect for getting the flower screen back in.

I didn’t disassemble or clean the balls or cap itself. I actually don’t really wanna take it apart now that I’ve seen what’s inside (in other videos).

About to head out to dinner, will be testing as soon as I get home later on this evening!

(I will be using a 2020 Phantom M stem and TRWW MP / intercooler)

Cheers & Happy Saturday! Stay hazy!

Singularity Walker

Last night was...
It started when I upgraded BetaT to finally have some snap discs and put in the new VI coil.
Everybody's snap discs seem about the same for the first snap during heat up. Second snaps are still moving during heat up. Same for cool down snaps.
BetaT & Purps are right in sync on the VI. Greeny is tilting a bit to the low side on both the top and bottom end of the spectrum. I'll have to look into that.
Greeny's minor issue didn't stop the 3 of them from ganging up and performing a chain attack on me last night. Chain damage is real & pleasant.

Top Bottom