The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Stueylakes

Hope this helps those having challenges. So I'm half bowl super loose pack, tiny load. Head stem airflow open about 1mm, stem closed, direct tube. Second bowl about 120 secs after first. 285 until 2nd line and magic. Could take it further and with quicker back to back more thorough roast but this was pre dog walk....and how I like it.

Best

S

Smknbud

Question for anyone whose used/using it with the Flare - I know about the wattage limitations and such, but I haven't seen much info about the ideal depth to run it at? I know getting the depth right is key to good results with the Wand and I'm assuming it's a similar story with the Flare.
I don't use the Flare with my Tempest but do with the TA3 and when heating either with my Wand I left the Tempest insert the same for both. The recommended setting for the Flare with the TA3 is setting the Flare stopper as high as it goes. That's probably a good starting point to try.....or buy a Wand :D.

Smknbud,
Reactions: Minsc_NBoo

eyevape

👀
I believe that I was under packing the bowl. More herb with a couple pats made a big difference. Great production now.
Holy smokes - same here 😳 I also only got about 1.5 to 2.5 biiig hits out of a bowl. I thought this only came down to the fact that I’m a greedy high tolerance mf hitting this thing just recklessly. And I was fine with that as I have other heavy hitting devices around, to which the Tempest was a nice addition.

I was literally just throwing the material into the bowl and flat the top a bit, loose as can be. Since it’s convection I thought this was the best way to go. Now reading this I decently stuffed one bowl and holy smokes.. a lot of vapor was just hitting me a lot 🥴

Guess I perceived this device a little wrong. I used to do 2-3 bowls back to back or one and one Anvil. Now after this bowl I think I’ll probably change this routine slightly. One bowl might last a lot longer now 😄

Even without this information I’m constantly experimenting and learning with the Tempest. It’s so versatile and fun, and it’s by far no one trick pony. I’m totally fine with those species though as long as the trick is good and I have more than one horse. But this one knows a lot of tricks yet to discover.

Last edited:

PossumMD

After a nervous wait with my Tempest sitting in customs for a few days I finally have this beauty in my hands! In an iso bath at the moment, can't wait to give it a few test runs later this evening 🤙🏻

Question for anyone whose used/using it with the Flare - I know about the wattage limitations and such, but I haven't seen much info about the ideal depth to run it at? I know getting the depth right is key to good results with the Wand and I'm assuming it's a similar story with the Flare.

Edit: @Brenyo I've just realised that the Revolve sleeve was missing from my order (I used the BLACK-GEN2-CU code). Obviously it's not the end of the world to not have it right away but thought I'd give you the heads up.
The fuckers didn't even open mine. Still, it sitting there til Wednesday has made me appreciate it so much today. Thing is bonkers good.

Sudolewdo

The fuckers didn't even open mine. Still, it sitting there til Wednesday has made me appreciate it so much today. Thing is bonkers good.
Yeah mine wasn't opened either, they must've had a backlog or something 😅 Just glad to finally have it!

I don't use the Flare with my Tempest but do with the TA3 and when heating either with my Wand I left the Tempest insert the same for both. The recommended setting for the Flare with the TA3 is setting the Flare stopper as high as it goes. That's probably a good starting point to try.....or buy a Wand :D.
Well that gives me a place to start then, cheers!

I only had the funds to grab either the Flare or the Wand and because I really enjoyed using the yllvape 2.0 with my Dynas I gambled on the Flare. Oh well, I know Brenyo is cooking something to make the Tempest more compatible with it so I'll experiment and make do for now 😅

Sudolewdo,
Reactions: BearFuur

Madao

Hey everybody, I have been absolutely loving my Tempest but was wondering, I will notice from time to time the very bottom of the bowl isnt getting as cooked as everything up top, any tips to remedy this? Maybe a little loose on my pack perhaps? It kind of confuses me, cause i was using the helix tip with my DV stuff for a while and that tip actually was helped by a tighter pack. I thought this was cause of the holes around the bowl that the tempest also has. But maybe im wrong, how are you all packing your bowls? (i use half bowl currently also)

CaleidosCope

Hey everybody, I have been absolutely loving my Tempest but was wondering, I will notice from time to time the very bottom of the bowl isnt getting as cooked as everything up top, any tips to remedy this? Maybe a little loose on my pack perhaps? It kind of confuses me, cause i was using the helix tip with my DV stuff for a while and that tip actually was helped by a tighter pack. I thought this was cause of the holes around the bowl that the tempest also has. But maybe im wrong, how are you all packing your bowls? (i use half bowl currently also)
My best tip so far: heat up to the second click and maybe 1 or 2 seconds longer. A direct hit without a bypass. Loose packed, full bowl. And in my opinion, that should actually make everyone happy.

And i think it would be cool if someone has difficulties, let us know how you heat (jetflame, induction)... and some other "data"... could help to help.

CaleidosCope,
Reactions: Minsc_NBoo

sansei

I'm not here for a long time, but for a good time
I load my bowls exactly like it’s done on the instruction video with no tamp. Half bowl, 535f, until time is up. I usually get twoish reheats and it’s dark brown.

sansei,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So I struggled last night to get the upgrade kit installed. The spring in particular did not want to cooperate and I may have manhandled it getting it in properly. Now with it fully assembled, when heating the visual indicator only goes about halfway and stops independent of how much heat I apply. I'm gonna have to play with it some more when I get home tonight but I hope I haven't damaged the spring.

Musikchen

indicator only goes about halfway and stops independent of how much heat I apply.
Mine did that at first too.
You can polish/deburr the slot the vi rides in.
Obviously make sure the spring is installed correct.
Also one can check if the spring is deformed in its relaxed position.
If its still too stiff after some breaking in, its bend can be adjusted. But carefull, a tiny bit makes a lot of difference of bringing the VI towards markIII.
There are reference pictures for all of that on here.
After i played around with that, i feel its hard to mess up the spring to a really bad state.
@Brenyo the hardest step is setting the spring if you dont understand it fully, maybe the visual instructions can go more into the importance of the positions of things more closeup with markers.

Last edited:

FuckPyrolysis

Here's what I've eventually found as the perfect way to pack it. Push the empty bowl straight down into the coarse ground herb - in my case, and many others, this was with the Reload. I push it down into the herb a few times, lift it up, make sure it's full, and brush any loose herb that isn't quite level with the top of the bowl. Then I push my finger on the edges of the bowl, but not down into the bowl. From there, I twist the Tempest around a few times. This gently (and perfectly for me) packs the bowl and gets rid of any loose herb on the side. Note this is with a full bowl. From there, 510F (265C) on the wand until it times out and it is good to rip.

One heat extraction and big clouds. If I'm immediately unloading and repacking the bowl, I'll set the temp down to about 420F (215C) and let it time out again. I usually enjoy the second bowl a little more because the zirc balls are pre-heated and it seems to cook a little better, with what I perceive to be a slightly better extraction/experience.

Minsc_NBoo

I was playing around with my mini globe bong yesterday. I heated it with a triple flame torch, about half way past the second marker. I got a really good milky bong hit

It needed another cycle, but a grabbed my wand, and reheated as I was drawing. I stopped heating before the second marker. I just kept pulling and reheating, exhale, and repeat. I didn't get massive clouds like the first cycle, but it kept going and going!

It hit me really hard. I was "what did I come in this room for?" high for about 2 hours, and didn't feel the need for another bowl for a couple more hours

Last edited:
Boro balls game changer for me. Day 2 of boro balls coincidentally two days without turning on desktop ball vape. Can’t get full shovel head forget-my-name one extraction rip, but medicinally speaking I prefer the tempest. Seems to do more for me in that regard
Still on the tempest kick. Went half bowl & direct tube, think I I like this setup more

TedJones

So I struggled last night to get the upgrade kit installed. The spring in particular did not want to cooperate and I may have manhandled it getting it in properly. Now with it fully assembled, when heating the visual indicator only goes about halfway and stops independent of how much heat I apply. I'm gonna have to play with it some more when I get home tonight but I hope I haven't damaged the spring.
Just got mine in after multiple attempts and a break in between .. whew! Ended up holding the flat portion of the inner spring, then twisting and pinching the whole thing with fingers to make it as small and as possible. Center part went down as I tried putting it in and the outer leg stuck out but it stayed. Had to lift and adjust for 1 post on the inside. Then grabbed the loose end and wound it past the notch just so it would fit down there. Poker to slide that leg back to the notch where it popped in. Good luck;)
Boro balls game changer for me.
Haven’t tried these yet but bet they’re hot! Threw in the Sic back in the beta and might need to stop at first click with these now. New discs are awesome as I’m not needing the VI as much :clap:

Madao

My best tip so far: heat up to the second click and maybe 1 or 2 seconds longer. A direct hit without a bypass. Loose packed, full bowl. And in my opinion, that should actually make everyone happy.

And i think it would be cool if someone has difficulties, let us know how you heat (jetflame, induction)... and some other "data"... could help to help.
I load my bowls exactly like it’s done on the instruction video with no tamp. Half bowl, 535f, until time is up. I usually get twoish reheats and it’s dark brown.
Thank you both for the tips, ill do a little tinkering with my technique today..... NOW xD
Here's what I've eventually found as the perfect way to pack it. Push the empty bowl straight down into the coarse ground herb - in my case, and many others, this was with the Reload. I push it down into the herb a few times, lift it up, make sure it's full, and brush any loose herb that isn't quite level with the top of the bowl. Then I push my finger on the edges of the bowl, but not down into the bowl. From there, I twist the Tempest around a few times. This gently (and perfectly for me) packs the bowl and gets rid of any loose herb on the side. Note this is with a full bowl. From there, 510F (265C) on the wand until it times out and it is good to rip.

One heat extraction and big clouds. If I'm immediately unloading and repacking the bowl, I'll set the temp down to about 420F (215C) and let it time out again. I usually enjoy the second bowl a little more because the zirc balls are pre-heated and it seems to cook a little better, with what I perceive to be a slightly better extraction/experience.
Thanks for sharing your methods with me!! :)

also threw the SIC balls in tonight, i think these are gonna be what i use going forward, really like em! this device just keeps gettin better!

Haven’t tried these yet but bet they’re hot! Threw in the Sic back in the beta and might need to stop at first click with these now. New discs are awesome as I’m not needing the VI as much :clap:
Not bad for me although considering my heat tolerance I come from shovel head one extraction dry rips big whackers

humbuckers,
Reactions: TedJones

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
My beta tempest has not really been used that much. My stunner and thermal accumulator pass the reach test more often. I have a beta without the click disk. I am hoping that my beta upgrade kit will change that.

What have people done with there old beta parts?
I have chucked the old mouthpiece, and intakes but am considering buying an extra screw and click disk to have a 2nd working cap. I also buckled and brought a wand, i feel its kinda essential with a tempest.

Ill be honest, would it not have been easier just to give us a new cap all installed and ready to go? Not really looking forward to the chore of putting this stuff together. Any videos on this?

Last edited:

prayerplant

My beta tempest has not really been used that much. My stunner and thermal accumulator pass the reach test more often. I have a beta without the click disk. I am hoping that my beta upgrade kit will change that.

What have people done with there old beta parts?
I have chucked the old mouthpiece, and intakes but am considering buying an extra screw and click disk to have a 2nd working cap. I also buckled and brought a wand, i feel its kinda essential with a tempest.

Ill be honest, would it not have been easier just to give us a new cap all installed and ready to go? Not really looking forward to the chore of putting this stuff together. Any videos on this?
Here is the updated indicator installation video:

Top Bottom