The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Learner

Anyone know who does DPD Local deliveries in the US?

I've never seen a DPD Local delivery vehicle, so they must hand off to UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, ect.

Learner,

n3hemiah

been tinkering with the Tempest over the past week. I'm able to get very consistent and good results from SiC, but ZIrconium completely eludes me. I feel like I never get enough "oomph" from them. the downside is that SiC is sometimes on the harsh side. any tips going from a faster-heating material to a slower-heating one?

for reference I typically have both airports mostly open

n3hemiah,
Reactions: RedZep

Clp2k

How far should the VI normally be able to move when heated? Until the end of the slot? After the first 4-5 attempts, it always stops in the middle between the second and third markings.

Clp2k,
Reactions: eyevape

Feyd2blak

Just wanted to express further appreciation and my total satisfaction with this product. Before i felt like I was looking at every little Dyna acccessory that came out... wanting to try the next tip or stem innovation, or cap whatever it may be... But as soon as my first session was underway with my Tempest I felt like all my old Dyna stuff was instantly demoted to backup/secondary...

This thing is just amazing. Great job @Brenyo

Anyone else feeling similar towards their old collection of Dyna stuff? What do i waste my extra dough on now?? xD WPAs and Glass i suppose!
Stems, don't forget some fancy stems! not much Dyna stuff but really need to sell on a few other vapes that ain't getting used again. Try and recover some cash for another stem.....

Feyd2blak,
Reactions: Galisayo

HaggisHunter

Has the steel in the induction sleeve been improved for IH use over the beta version? It feels like my Wand is more effective with the new sleeves.
They were changed to help keep the appearance better for longer I think, my original induction sleeve looked like crap after the first use.

I felt mine was holding heat a bit better after I fitted them. The airflow holes on the new sleeves are slightly smaller too.

HaggisHunter,

RedZep

been tinkering with the Tempest over the past week. I'm able to get very consistent and good results from SiC, but ZIrconium completely eludes me. I feel like I never get enough "oomph" from them. the downside is that SiC is sometimes on the harsh side. any tips going from a faster-heating material to a slower-heating one?

for reference I typically have both airports mostly open
Try boro. I think you will like it.

RedZep,
Reactions: n3hemiah

Falconflys

Hey All, received my new parts today and now I need to install.
Would someone point me to the video please? And thanks

Falconflys,

eyevape

👀
If you heat it until it times out, when it changes to a solid light, that means it's barely heating anymore—just very slowly. If you're going by the clicks, then I suggest maxing out the wand temp and taking it out shortly after it clicks (depending on your specific clicks and preference).
That’s actually a great advice 👍 I’ve been using it this way since you mentioned it, works perfect. No more estimation of temperature and battery health, only the good old clicks. Love it!

imor jones

I have two questions about the tempest.
How is actually the draw resistent from it? Is it as hard to draw from it like from the anvil. Or more easy.
And how big is the diameter from the cap. I am just asking because i have another induction heater, that fits the dynavap, bit not the anvil.And i am just wondering, if it would fit. I have an Wand anyway, so it doesn't matter so much.
I want to buy a tempest for sure. I just thought i would wait for the second batch or so, because i guess there will be improvements in future. Maybe some early ones. Or sth new like the colored vi pointers 🤷‍♂️
But now i am on the fence to order from Lacentralevapeur.com. it seems they still have...

Last edited:
imor jones,

PossumMD

Love this thing ceot for a couple of quirks. The main being I can't get an even roast when using the helix tube. Have tried pushing the head in further on the wand, tried various airflow settings on the tip and stem, still have it real dark near the balls and a much more golden colour near the screen of the bowl. Any advice would be appreciated.

PossumMD,

Learner

Air flow and draw are key. At least for how I've been using it. I have everything open and will roll carb it (like a Vortex stem) to where it feels right.

It's definitely different than the Anvil. Way more airflow for me. I don't mind carbing though. I'm sure it could be dial to not need to. But you gotta know what your aiming for at least. If you have air flow closed and draw too hard you'll unevenly extract closer to the balls. I'm only a few bowls in. This thing is great though!

Last edited:

Clp2k

So I opened up my upgraded head again to see if I could get the VI to behave properly. I pulled on the spring and resettled it. It looks right to me. So maybe I'm missing something, but the VI still goes less than halfway and parks there.
20240914-131918-resized.jpg
Have the same Problem. Here is a picture of my Spring. Looks like yours i would say?

mH60pik.jpeg

Clp2k,

GnarlyVandal

Love this thing ceot for a couple of quirks. The main being I can't get an even roast when using the helix tube. Have tried pushing the head in further on the wand, tried various airflow settings on the tip and stem, still have it real dark near the balls and a much more golden colour near the screen of the bowl. Any advice would be appreciated.
Throw it back in the wand for a reheat? I usually let it go for about 13 light flashes.

GnarlyVandal,

Duba

Accessory Maker
IMG_20240904_110454.jpg

Tempest in the Forge works well. It's also nice to have fairly consistent indicators.
I discolored the black of the head a little by inserting it too low in the forge, creating an unintentional gradient:doh:

Top Bottom