The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

MrGreenspoon

@Fogoff
Did you get the wand adapter with your tempest from LaCentraleVapeur.com ? My was missing, but they assured me to send it to me…I also ordered a reload but they told me something else from my order is missing and I have to wait 5-25 days, but the item is also available in their shop… something happening there… Until now I never had problems with them… they mixed something or are not honest… I asked them to send the items in my order that they have in stock and the rest they can send when they get them.. 25 days is too long to wait.. since then they not responding to my mail… as said before I was always happy with their service and mostly bought from them… do not know what happened this time

Did you order something else? Or only the reload..
I made two orders. The first order was the Tempest and some spare parts. I got an e-mail that the order is delayed but I received everything I ordered a few days later (the wand adapter too).
The second order was the Reload and some Cannabis Hardware stuff and this time I got an e-mail that I have to wait 5-25 days because the Reload is out of stock.
If I'm honest it's the same nearly every time I order from them. I always receive my stuff but I have to wait for things that were "in stock"....

MrGreenspoon,
  • Sad
Reactions: btka

btka

I made two orders. The first order was the Tempest and some spare parts. I got an e-mail that the order is delayed but I received everything I ordered a few days later (the wand adapter too).
The second order was the Reload and some Cannabis Hardware stuff and this time I got an e-mail that I have to wait 5-25 days because the Reload is out of stock.
If I'm honest it's the same nearly every time I order from them. I always receive my stuff but I have to wait for things that were "in stock"....
It is the first time this happened to me…
Never had such problems before with them…
Which color reload you ordered? I ordered the silver one… maybe they do not have black one in stock?
And the time frame 5 to 25 days is really long..
at least they could send my other stuff and send me the not in stock item later when they have it in stock…
But I read intros forum before also someone complaining about them and their shipping…
As mentioned this is the first time, that this happened to me with lacentealevapeur

btka

My order from lacentralfrenchwhatever is just in. Can’t believe how marvelous the wooden stem looks and feels 😍 I must admit that I like it way more than the titanium version. I would not have thought that.

Did you get a wand adapter?
@MrGreenspoon did you order a wood tempest? Or did you order the wood sleeve extra?

Last edited:

DaBouse

My recipe: Cap airflow open slightly, direct draw tube, stem airflow closed, wand at 660-680F till solid light (usually get a click around the same time). This yields 5-6 good draws and a dark brown roast. Never a need to reheat a bowl. MTL pulls will produce a larger hit.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried different cultivars of herb? I've had some that just produce low amounts of vapor.

Slowly getting better results as I keep at it. Increasing temp seems to be helpful. Herb should be good. I got from a very well respected caregiver. Performs well in the volcano.

MrGreenspoon

It is the first time this happened to me…
Never had such problems before with them…
Which color reload you ordered? I ordered the silver one… maybe they do not have black one in stock?
And the time frame 5 to 25 days is really long..
at least they could send my other stuff and send me the not in stock item later when they have it in stock…
But I read intros forum before also someone complaining about them and their shipping…
As mentioned this is the first time, that this happened to me with lacentealevapeur
Ordered the silver one too.

Did you get a wand adapter? (On there website they only list the wand adapter as included with the non wooden tempest…
@MrGreenspoon did you order a wood tempest? Or did you order the wood sleeve extra?
Ordered the wooden Tempest and got the wand adapter. I thought this was a free item for the delay.

MrGreenspoon,
Reactions: BearFuur

Fogoff

@Fogoff

Did you get the wand adapter with your tempest from LaCentraleVapeur.com ? My was missing, but they assured me to send it to me…I also ordered a reload but they told me something else from my order is missing and I have to wait 5-25 days, but the item is also available in their shop… something happening there… Until now I never had problems with them… they mixed something or are not honest… I asked them to send the items in my order that they have in stock and the rest they can send when they get them.. 25 days is too long to wait.. since then they not responding to my mail… as said before I was always happy with their service and mostly bought from them… do not know what happened this time

Did you order something else? Or only the reload..
To clarify, I live just a few blocks from their store and usually pick up my orders directly from there. I placed two separate orders—one for the Tempest and later for the Reload when it showed as in stock on their website. The Tempest arrived without the wand adapter, only with the leather sleeve. I inquired about the wand adapter, but they didn’t have any in stock. I believe the wand adapter was only included with Tempest pre-orders from the Madheaters website.

However, after placing the order for the reload, I received an email stating that the order would be delayed, similar to a backorder. This seemed strange to me since it was listed as immediate shipping, so I called them. The person I spoke with said it was a mistake, and that the order was already ready for pickup at the store. I remember seeing another one on the shelf, so maybe send them an email or give them a call to confirm. It seems like it’s in stock to me.

Last edited:
Fogoff,

GnarlyVandal

This is the current airflow setup I’m using, and loving it. Helix tube. Cap airflow wide open. Stem airflow 2/3 shut, 1/3 bypass.
I slowed my inhale as I think I was previously doing it way too hard. Getting some nice cool clouds

After I stop getting vapour I throw it back in the wand for 13 flashes and usually get a couple more drags.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Apologies for the n00b question, but what's the difference between Tempest with Wood Sleeve and the Tempest Wood?
Should be the same thing.

Potentially could be differentiating between purchasing with a wooden sleeve only (wood tempest) and purchasing with both a wood and metal sleeve and comparing how it behaves with the wood sleeve vs metal.

Posting some pictures of my titanium & rosewood tempest. Really really pretty and nicely built in person!

As others have mentioned, the whole ecosystem (tempest + reload + case + wand) is just a joy to use. Really well thought out.

I was also very happy to find that the tempest head fits perfectly on my titanium vong with no problem. Makes for an easy way to use it with water!

I'm still learning how to use it, and refining my technique for my setup. I've found that the recommended temps were very high for me - not sure if it's setup, my flower, my ambient temperature, or what else it could be? 280 was basically combustion - almost completely black. 270 was very much "riding the line" and I've found that for me, 240c is the best temperature. The depth of my wand is very close to what's shown in the manual, and I have the stem fully closed with the head side airport just barely open :shrug: not sure why it runs so much hotter, but I'm not complaining! It's nice to know I can ride the line when needed (I'd rather not! I'm just here for the tarps and prefer a medium roast).

May check back in as I refine it and test some more, but for now, count me as another happy customer!

Last edited:

Madao

If you have a revolve stem you could get the upgrade kit.
Or, they still have upgrade kits in stock in black and titanium, and still have the revolve gen 2 cooling units in black and rainbow - this is basically a tempest and the differences aren't worth worrying about.

They still have the heads in stock as well.

Not sure if the heating will be different or not, but if your carbon one is enclosed at the bottom, then you won't be able to take advantage of the visual indicator, which you obviously can with the glass kind.
Just to pop back in, first off appreciate you responding to me :) Did a bit of testing with my Skull Kandy Insert, trying at the recommended temp settings 550./560 f, the insert works just fine, i let it go to timeout and i end up about 3/4 of the way on to the 3rd indicator, and on the second heat up I will just let it reclick and give it a few extra seconds, this allows me to finish off a half bowl with 2 heating cycles and everything is thoroughly roasted. :) It is kind of a minus that i cant see the indicator but using it with my SKT insert allows me to keep my wand in its case and stands handsfree still :) cheers my friend

HaggisHunter

My question for you guys is. Do you think for $50 more bucks I should grab the revolve upgrade kit? I've been told by a couple people that have the Gen 2 revolve and the tempest that it's damn near the same, but the Gen 2 Runa a little but hotter and that the upgrade to the tempest sleeve isn't really worth it for me, from what I've been told. I'd love to hear some thoughts on this
I'd definitely get the upgrade kit if I wanted to make a 2nd full titanium device.
The main difference is the helix airflow tube on the revolve has mtl and dtl adjustment.
I wouldn't bother with the little screens as they'll just clog up too quickly.

DaBouse

More adjustments made today. Wand adapter adjustments, changing airflow near head. Still consistently getting 1 weak hit. Thoroughly frustrated.

Anyone else have this issue when they started? At roughly 5 bowls per night that aren’t doing much I’m not really sure what else to do here.

More adjustments made today. Wand adapter adjustments, changing airflow near head. Still consistently getting 1 weak hit. Thoroughly frustrated.

Anyone else have this issue when they started? At roughly 5 bowls per night that aren’t doing much I’m not really sure what else to do here.

Mine just chucks vapor instantly. There may be some variance between them I guess. I’m actually down to 240c now and still getting a dark brown roast (thorough and even).

Not sure why you aren’t getting any vapor at all. What line is your VI getting to?

Edit: actually now that I think about it - are u sure you’re using Celsius and not Fahrenheit for your temp? Not that it matters but if you’re trying like 280f instead of c that would be a big difference! :)

PossumMD

May be worth emailing Brenyo and starting a one on one conversation rather than getting a million suggestions from different users. You've tried suggestions here and they've failed, he made the thing so he should be able to maybe notice something we're not. I've had it with other artisan vapes I've gotten before. Usually the answer is "weird, but this is what's happening". Sometimes it requires a return, most times though it's a very simple fix.

Brenyo

Manufacturer

If the AVB looks good and you don’t loose most of the vapour during heating somehow then it’s likely the weed. Do you only have a volcano vape apart from the tempest?
Are there balls in cap? Can you see it through the ball screen?

Last edited:
Brenyo,
Reactions: grognard3r

eyevape

👀
Im looking for a new lighter & this looks good how long you had yours?
Like a year or so and I’ve been torching the shit out of it. A friend of mine got the same thing several years ago, still works perfect. It outperforms my Blazer PB-207 by far.

eyevape,
Reactions: Tellus

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
Like a year or so and I’ve been torching the shit out of it. A friend of mine got the same thing several years ago, still works perfect. It outperforms my Blazer PB-207 by far.
Wow that sounds good and I ask because I saw one in a hardware store few days ago. Ok price I think around 20€. Thanks

Tellus,
Reactions: eyevape
Top Bottom