The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

HaggisHunter

Mine arrived today :party:, did an one hour ISO soak and a short rinse with water. Probably won't have the time to test it out today though but did two heat cycles in the Wand to get rid of residue water.

So many options though :uhoh:... is there a sweet spot configuration for decent cooling and clouds?
Flow on the head open a crack, airflow on stem open a crack or closed, set wand to 320c and run on auto till time out, then blast away.

I usually up my temp on the wand as the batteries run down, I don't normally go above 335c.

Once the wand hits 1 bar, change or charge the cells.

dudeguy

Flow on the head open a crack, airflow on stem open a crack or closed, set wand to 320c and run on auto till time out, then blast away.

I usually up my temp on the wand as the batteries run down, I don't normally go above 335c.

Once the wand hits 1 bar, change or charge the cells.

Thanks, I will try that out once I have the opportunity :tup:

HaggisHunter

Thanks, I will try that out once I have the opportunity :tup:
No worries. I played with mine for a couple of days before I settled on that.
The stem is closed most of the time now.
I have sensitivity issues in my throat, always used the revolves at least half open or fully open, oddly enough even for me having the stem closed, doesn't really affect me unless I'm having more than 4 bowls in a session, but I don't usually get that far.

eyevape

I hope you’re wrong on that 😅 My bong is 14mm, so the massive 18mm part sticks out. It’s a lot of metal in this spot, so hopefully the wpa can be touched there. Otherwise I'll build some leather thing to hold. I will report, I’m just one tempest head short for testing :)

@Petetbay @btka @kegstandman420
Now that I have a Tempest head to attach to, I can say that heat is no problem at all. The wpa takes it so well, it’s cooler to the touch than the Tempest stem. The thick part I mentioned doesn’t even get warm. I totally recommend this minimalistic beauty 👍

Edit: Maaan, this combination just sent me to the moon 🚀

Last edited:

babylungs_ent

Mine cleared customs in Los Angeles early this morning, so probably won’t reach me today in Northern California :( gotta wait until Tuesday probably since Monday is a holiday here.

babylungs_ent,

Minsc_NBoo

I ended up doing approx 10 bowls last night. 4x CBD, and the rest 2 different strains of THC. This was over a period of about 7 hours

I started with half bowls, and I am very impressed with the amount of vapour I was getting. I was mainly doing restricted MTL draws, and I got multiple clouds each heat cycle.

I was pretty blasted after the first THC. I am starting Baldur's Gate 3, and spent 2 hours wandering around and not actually achieving anything 😵‍💫

I did try 2 full bowls, which were very good, but I am enjoying 1/2 bowl setting more.

My mouthpiece was slightly wobbly. A second O-ring sorted this issue. It's very solid now.

I could go on but so far it has lived up to expectations. Tonight I'm going to try the direct mouthpiece tube, and throw it on my bong. I might test my flare IH too

Sativapo

Got my ebony tempest today luckily it was Saturday. With everything I read here I made work flawlessly from scratch. It's excellent like I imagined. Every indicator very well calibrated, excellent engineering and execution. Dark brown bowl at half bowl setting with one heat round at 310°C to timer off with the wand and a small reheat one notch lower on the VI to be completely uniform.

Last edited:

btka

Now that I have a Tempest head to attach to, I can say that heat is no problem at all. The wpa takes it so well, it’s cooler to the touch than the Tempest stem. The thick part I mentioned doesn’t even get warm. I totally recommend this minimalistic beauty 👍

Good to hear… I was worried it act like a heat sink and rob heat from the tempest head…
Can you please post again the link where you bought it… can not find your previous post..

btka,
Reactions: eyevape

eyevape

Good to hear… I was worried it act like a heat sink and rob heat from the tempest head…
Can you please post again the link where you bought it… can not find your previous post..
Here you go 🤝

Just found this nice little titanium wpa. This will be the perfect companion for my preordered tempest head 🤝

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

I had the same concern that @btka had which kept me from considering this. Now I have to consider it again. I have a glass one that is similar, but it really doesn't sit tightly in the 18mm spot as it does not have a clean edge and it wobbles a bit. This should hold fine...

I'm gonna look for it on this side of the pond, but we'll see...

cybrguy,
Reactions: eyevape

eyevape

@btka @cybrguy As a owner for two days I’m nowhere near an expert for tempest heads. I have also no comparison to other suited wpa. But I was able to do single heat extractions with dark brown ABV, so I guess it can’t rob this much heat :)

Speaking of edges and form fit, this thing is flawlessly made in every spot 👌

ezpz

@cybrguy, something to consider….. I think eyevape uses the 14mm connection, and handles the 18mm without heat issues. If you’re using the 18mm connection, then you need to handle the stem of the wpa, which may get hot. Maybe @eyevape can confirm?

ezpz,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I was less concerned about it pulling heat away from the head than I was concerned that it would get very warm to the touch. That wouldn't have necessarily been a deal killer, but it was something that held me back.

Yes, @ezpz , that is my primary concern.

cybrguy,
Reactions: ezpz

eyevape

@ezpz @cybrguy Just checked it 🥴 Yes, the stem gets warm. It’s okay for me to touch, but might be too warm for sensitive hands. After multiple back to back sessions it’ll be too hot for anyone’s hands I suppose. But honestly.. this thing slaps hard. I’m a high tolerance user, but I don’t feel the need for two tempest bongs in a row.

Last edited:

Sativapo

After 2 gs for the sake of science one little downside (but not annoying with the vi) is that the cool down click is a bit late/inconsistent? Did somebody else experience this ?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I pretty much don't even pay attention to the cool down click. When I am reheating, I mostly pay attention to the visual indicator. The clicks work well heating from room temp. I don't yet have the final disks, so I can't say if that may change.

Moro

After 2 gs for the sake of science one little downside (but not annoying with the vi) is that the cool down click is a bit late/inconsistent? Did somebody else experience this ?
Yes. Sometimes it clicks like I'm used from my dynas, and sometimes the second click needs up to a minute after the first click. (Gegarding my previous post, i got my hands on some iso today 😂)

dudeguy

Hm I only hear 1 click but not the one for cool down but maybe it came when I left the room like 5 min later :nod:

dudeguy,
Reactions: Sativapo

kokolokokolokon

Maybe one click to reheat and the other one to reheat it when the device is cool? (I dont have the clicks yet)

kokolokokolokon,

Minsc_NBoo

I did another round of testing last night.

The Flare induction heater does work okay. 70w for 45 seconds gave good results.

I also tried the tempest on a bong for the first time. I used a Dynavap bonger with the wand, 320c automode until it timed out.

Oh my! Half bowl managed to milk up my bong, and I got 2 massive clouds before I had to reheat. The second cycle was not as dense but still gave a nice cloudy hit

I am very impressed with the tempest. Reading through the thread has been really helpful, and pretty much bypassed the learning curve

eyevape

3rd day with my tempest, trying to get an even extraction. The top roast is much darker than the rest, also there could be more and thicker vapor. I’m torching 5 seconds above the 2nd click and take long slow draws. Cap airflow at 50%, stem closed.

I’m looking forward to try a wand. This process is well documented, so I can see how the tempest is supposed to work and tweak it from there. Right now I guess I’m running it too hot. But if I don’t, then one heat up doesn’t make a full extraction.

eyevape,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
3rd day with my tempest, trying to get an even extraction. The top roast is much darker than the rest, also there could be more and thicker vapor. I’m torching 5 seconds above the 2nd click and take long slow draws.
Try to aim slightly closer to the bowl and stop at the click or heat from further away. Less or no tamping can also help

GnarlyVandal

May have broken my VI 🤦‍♂️

So I changed to the half bowl setting which is actually really nice. Rocking the helix tube, half open stem and half open tip right now. Enjoying doing 2 half bowls back to back more than 1 full bowl right now, as I found I had to reheat a little to get a couple more hits on the full bowl anyway.

Changing to half bowl made me realise how dirty my tempest got, so I did a deep clean and 2x burn offs in the wand… think the extra burn off may have been my mistake.

The VI now moves up, but doesn’t move back down. It got stuck at the first VI line first of all, now it’s going up to just before the 3rd line with 330 celsius timeout, but again not coming back down. When the head is cool I flick it with the screwdriver tool from the reload and it quickly goes back to start position..

Not really affecting functionality as wand til timeout is easy, but a little disappointing I broke it so carelessly thinking I was being careful 🤦‍♂️

On the upside, I’m loving just about everything to do with this vape. Done a couple vong and firewood bowls since I got it, but the tempest just tastes so clean, without any other materials tainting that taste. Something I can only usually achieve on my terpcicle, but without the hassle of all the glassware parts everywhere.

I saw someone say it previously but it really is like having a little bong in your pocket, it does a fantastic job at cooling no matter the configuration.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
The VI now moves up, but doesn’t move back down. It got stuck at the first VI line first of all,
Screw off the indicator housing on the Reload and pull up the outer side of the spring. Make sure that the outer side is touching or almost touching the inner wall of the housing all around. The spring compressed too much from the extra heat and got stuck in the lip / shelf thingy on the inside. It should work fine once you pulled it out.

There is a video on the bottom of the manual that might help taking it apart.

Top Bottom