The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

HaggisHunter

Man, I'm so hyped. This is my second vape ever, my first has been in the drawer for years ( Davinci IQ ), that thing is just garbage.
I had an IQ 2, was ok for what it was, but it's a sipper, great for really light users I think, innit the heaviest of users but it was still too whispy and light for me, it's like a diet vape.
Mine went wrong so I sent it back.
You'll love the tempest though. It rips.

HaggisHunter,

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I have a confession to make...
Never cleaned my balls..
Only cleaned the Tempest Head once since i got it but didn't take out the balls that time, just dumped the whole thing in ISO, rinsed and vaped on...

I clean the bowl/stem/mp regularly and until now prior to cleaning i shook the head and as long as i heard the balls rattling i figured i was ok...
I know, i know... :dog:
I did notice some resin build up on the glass insert of the wand so after reading the cleaning posts recently i figured it was about time i got my balls clean again.

Here's how they were:

:goon::o
I'm so sorry (well not really that sorry). But in my defense: my bowl still tasted pretty good and the Tempest still vaped like a champ so no real problem.

A hot ISO soak did...
absolutely nothing...
:uhoh:

Huge thanks to whoever it was that posted the tip to torch the balls in a spoon!
Now that was some real satisfaction!!
Normally if i torch something it goes black but this turned something black into bright white!
What a joy to watch!
It's like a miracle!!
Check it out! Like new!

Had a bowl before cleaning, i'll have one now to see the difference!
Might fall in love allover again and i was still honeymooning this dirty-balled baby!
Just when i reckoned something can't get any better it might have just got .. well, yeah, uh ... better (again)!
Go figure!

Brenyo

Manufacturer
@Brenyo you still need some to switch from ti to black in the eu with wood stems? Or are all orders fine now?
I had to send the stock to the EU already so they can be ready in time for shipping. Unfortunately, it’s no longer possible to make any changes.

I’m still a few short, if someone would like to change to another color, it’s still possible if you ordered from the UK site.

rebelFarmer

Well, turns out i wandered off and ended up in Tasty street,
where the clouds are nice and the taste is sweet!
:tup:

But now my balls are no longer brown
i'm right back cruising the cloudy heart of Flavor town!
:clap::rockon::bowdown::luv:
Worth it?! I am basically the same, although I did swap mine out for SiC; I did not notice a huge difference at the time, I plan on comparing with the one I ordered when it arrives. Hard for me to accept that the flavour could be that much better, cos even with em dirty they taste great!?! I may just be an uncultured muck savage though and not really picking up the nuance (likely)!

Wozz

Well, turns out i wandered off and ended up in Tasty street,
where the clouds are nice and the taste is sweet!

But now my balls are no longer brown
i'm right back cruising the cloudy heart of flavor town!
:clap::rockon::bowdown::luv:
😁 I'd literally just finished drying my Tempest, after a clean, when I read your post.👍

I also clean mine very regularly, I do soak the head, at least once a week. I hadn't ever removed the balls. I've been planning on doing so when my upgrades arrived.

Your post motivated me to have a gander today.

😲
Aye, 😂 I'll second, many thanks to the op on the torching trick. Difference or not, it was a joy to watch, you're right 💚😁

Now for a taste 😁 😜

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Hard for me to accept that the flavour could be that much better, cos even with em dirty they taste great!?!
I agree that it still tasted pretty great to begin with.

But i do see and feel a difference (might be the placebo effect but don't think so tbh). The clouds come more easy somehow (my balls still rattled when shaken but it does seem to draw better now).
They also seem to take and hold the heat a bit better/longer resulting in easier extraction/clouds.

The taste is also more outspoken now which makes sense because the air now travels over and thru clean balls. Probably not a huge impact on the taste but it all adds up.
Worth it?!
So yeah, i'd say worth it for sure!

Curious to hear your conclusions if you'd go for a deep clean!

I hadn't ever removed the balls. I've been planning on doing so when my upgrades arrived.

Exactly my case. But i got motivated by the cleaning talk on the previous page and went for it out of curiosity!

Your post motivated me to have a gander today.
I can scratch "Motivate at least one person today." off my list!
That's a first! :D

Now for a taste

Curious to hear your findings!

Edit: so happy to see your balls were actually worse then mine! :lol:
That's also motivational!
Do you torch the head?

Wozz

My balls were a lot worse than yours 😂
The first thing I noticed was the rattle, I'd long forgotten that it once rattled 😂

First go, I wasn't sure I would have known in a blind test tbh. Yeah it tasted great, but it always had after a clean.🤷‍♂️
There was something though ... Another bowl 😁
N yeah, I couldn't put it into words myself any better.

The differences are very subtle, taste , as you say, isn't necessarily better, but easier, sooner maybe.

It isn't a huge difference, but for the time it takes I'll definitely be doing this more often. Not every clean but I will periodically. Yeah, it's worth it 👍

I use both a torch and the wand.

synaptyx

I just got some birthday money, but the silver/silver is out of stock. Any idea when it'll be back? Ta! :)

synaptyx,

HaggisHunter

A expect a year then, judging by how long these units took to get out. That really stinks
Just need to wait and see mate. Who knows what'll happen as the company grows.
Not an easy product to make and when your manufacturing is outsourced, your at their mercy, not the other way around.
Seen it happen with a range of bikes my work designed and sold years ago.
Not fun for those directly involved either.
Telling customers of delays is mega stressful and worrying.
The delays that have been highlighted with this device haven't been his fault.

Another thing I'd note is the complicated stuff like calibrating vi coils and click discs is sort of done now, so there will probably be less research into those things, so that type of thing would maybe reduce the length of time between the next batch being manufactured etc.
Maybe, not saying it will.

What about getting one now and then selling it and buying a raw one next time?

Last edited:

Fogoff

I had to send the stock to the EU already so they can be ready in time for shipping. Unfortunately, it’s no longer possible to make any changes.

I’m still a few short, if someone would like to change to another color, it’s still possible if you ordered from the UK site.
Thanks for the update—that’s great news! Does this include the La Centrale vapeur pre-order as well?

Fogoff,

Feyd2blak

Just need to wait and see mate. Who knows what'll happen as the company grows.
Not an easy product to make and when your manufacturing is outsourced, your at their mercy, not the other way around.
Seen it happen with a range of bikes my work designed and sold years ago.
Not fun for those directly involved either.
Telling customers of delays is mega stressful and worrying.
The delays that have been highlighted with this device haven't been his fault.

Another thing I'd note is the complicated stuff like calibrating vi coils and click discs is sort of done now, so there will probably be less research into those things, so that type of thing would maybe reduce the length of time between the next batch being manufactured etc.
Maybe, not saying it will.

What about getting one now and then selling it and buying a raw one next time?
Plus the fact it's pretty much a one man show, can't be easy!

HaggisHunter

Plus the fact it's pretty much a one man show, can't be easy!
That too, the workload must be heavy going.
I bet he's looking forward to getting the orders out so he can sit back and chill for a bit.
It'll be an awesome feeling knowing that it's all done, all that's left is for people to start enjoying them.

this thing is soooo incredible! the taste is so much better than other heavy hitter butane vapes! i love it to bits.

This gives me the yin and yang vibes 😌

Which one do you like better? Originally I ordered black shield on silver but after I saw that Brenyo needed the silver primary color so I switched to silver shield on black. Maybe it's the lighting but from the picture the black shield on silver looks better to me. Probably because you can see the shape and depth of the sleeve. Either way I think both are excellent choices, this makes me fomo even more now!!

eyevape

Does anyone have experience with DLC in an ultrasonic cleaner? Anodized aluminum can loose color and become dull, as I just learned the hard way. Now I wonder if I can ultrasonic clean the full black Tempest that’ll arrive here hopefully soon. I don’t want to ruin the color or the finish.

Has anyone found another solution instead of the standard Tempest Bowl Screen ? (10.2mm) Like how Dynavap solves it - so much more clean imo, no ?

_Eladamri_,

mcscruffy

Does anyone have experience with DLC in an ultrasonic cleaner? Anodized aluminum can loose color and become dull, as I just learned the hard way. Now I wonder if I can ultrasonic clean the full black Tempest that’ll arrive here hopefully soon. I don’t want to ruin the color or the finish.
I have not but I imagine it's similar to other equipment I've cleaned with a coating. Usually it's fine unless there's damage to a coating (scratches or chips) where the microbubbles can start working their way under. To counter this you can set it to a gentle intensity, no added heat, and only run it for a short period of time. DLC seems pretty durable so I dunno if it would be prone to that issue though.

I have a Creworks 10L one which I run on the gentle setting (1 out of 7) and don't let my anodized Tempest run in there hot or longer than a few minutes (which is all it takes) and I haven't noticed any degradation of the anodizing layer but I hadn't considered this before... makes me wonder if I should not keep doing that since I will never be able to get it looking like it does again with the dark green and purple gradients 😬

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I gotta say, I really do love this picture. Almost a positive and negative view of the Tempest, but it's really the whole photo that I like.
Good one, @Hagbard .

IMG-6542.jpg

no. it does not. i use it peferably for the tempest.

nope. its the final product.

this thing is soooo incredible! the taste is so much better than other heavy hitter butane vapes! i love it to bits.

how is the flavor compared to BFG Dani Fusion 2?
Is there a noticeable big difference?
i was flashed how good the flavor from fusion 2 was when I switched from anvil.

passionate_vaper86,
Reactions: chimpybits
Top Bottom