The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Tji89

I’m sooo jealous. Is that Dissim a lighter? Looks cool!

I refresh my emails daily, knowing it’s still likely not getting shipped til end of next week 😭

I really hope they do get shipped next week though, I would much rather not have my delivery sent back to madheaters cause I’m not around next month 😩
Ask someone to get it for you ?

Tji89,

SockPuppetTheatrics

Looks cool, but it's a soft flame, not a torch. Not ideal for our purposes.
They make both kinds

simba

@weedanwine
Looks cool, but it's a soft flame, not a torch. Not ideal for our purposes.

Edit: Oops; @SockPuppetTheatrics set me straight--there is a torch version. I also like the looks of that one, but I'd written it off in the past because I'd only seen the soft flame type.

I had one of their torch ones and really liked it, then lost it and bought another and it stopped working not long after buying it and the company never replied to emails.

Maybe I got unlucky or maybe they have a quality control issue, I'm not sure.

simba,

n3hemiah

For people that have a reload gen 2 is the funnel worth getting or no?
Yes, it makes it much less finicky esp when pre-grinding a medium-large amount of herb.

edit: reason being that the reload has a smaller diameter than most grinders, making spillage more likely if trying to pour from the grinder into the reload.

Last edited:

Flavor Vaper

How is the PVD coating on the blue Ti? My only experience with PVD is w/ Dynavap, and they couldn't do it right, lots of pits/bare spots (this was a few years ago, not sure if it's changed)

Flavor Vaper,
Reactions: dudeguy

SockPuppetTheatrics

How is the PVD coating on the blue Ti? My only experience with PVD is w/ Dynavap, and they couldn't do it right, lots of pits/bare spots (this was a few years ago, not sure if it's changed)
Mine's quite even and has held up great. Mild color changes on the part nearest the tip with repeated Wand and Forge heatings, but I think you'll see that with any color.

bigtoke

It does not work with the VHB 3D only with the want and the flare (not at full power). It depends on the stem, there are so many.
Hi could you tell me why it does not work? On the Madheaters website it says it works with the VHB 3D desktop version but it does not say anything about the 3D 3s. Why does it work with the desktop version but not the portable version? Aren't they similar enough that it could work the same? I am sorry to question you, but I just want to be sure, money is tight and I want to avoid buying a Wand. Thank you for your help!

bigtoke,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
@Brenyo if I order a funnel can I leave a note to get it packaged with my tempest order or would it be too late thanks in advance
Please send an email instead, I can add it to your order. I'm a bit behind with the emails if you've sent one already.

Hi could you tell me why it does not work?
You can adjust the insertion depth deeper on the desktop, the 3s is not deep enough.

CBD

Will there be any more SS units releasing? Gonna hold off on the pre-order until then

CBD,

sporty90

No, I also think that Brenyo said that it is still uncertain whether the RAW Titan color will be included again, i.e. in general.

sporty90,

HaggisHunter

That was for the raw titanium version. IIRC, the answer to stainless steel was a pretty clear "no", due to number of units required to make a production run financially feasible.
I assumed they were talking about the raw titanium as they said 'any more'.
I knew there wasn't/won't be a stainless steel version.

I've seen a lot of folk in the vape world refering to raw titanium finishes as SS for some reason.

Atom Flower

The DISSIM lighter is just too cool, but will get too hot for this. I'm not sure why people are carrying around those large aluminium canisters though, how much herb do you need to have with you? :ko:

I picked up this bad boy 4-jet recently
81aawtdhnKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This is of course another Chinese company pretending to be European. I accidentally ordered 2 units, which was a happy accident as one of them was faulty so it got sent back and I was left with a working lighter. It is definitely the most ergonomic ever, does not get too hot to handle even after 3 back-to-back sessions with my Fusion 2. I don't have high hopes for it to still work one year from now but is the best i could find on amazon EU... the smaller rectangular designs just get too hot for this kind of use and they are all really made for cigars which do not need prolonged burning.

Last edited:
Top Bottom