The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Atom Flower

The Tempest stock is almost ready. I think it will be finished this weekend and will take about one week to arrive which means that the pre-order should start around the end of the month.
wait, "pre-order" ???
Is this one of those limited release things that only those glued to the screen and present at the right time get to buy, and gets sold out within a few hours?
Is it being mass produced or is it going to be always out of stock? please let us know so i can just go and order something else if that's the case...i need a portable early next month....not sometime in the future, and I am just too busy to be sitting here refreshing the store web page every day.... cheers

HaggisHunter

wait, "pre-order" ???
Is this one of those limited release things that only those glued to the screen and present at the right time get to buy, and gets sold out within a few hours?
Is it being mass produced or is it going to be always out of stock? please let us know so i can just go and order something else if that's the case...i need a portable early next month....not sometime in the future, and I am just too busy to be sitting here refreshing the store web page every day.... cheers
It's just the way mad heaters do things with new releases. Been like this since the original reload and Gen 1 revolves.

He's said many times within the thread there will be plenty stock when it launches.
I would imagine that the when you place the pre-order, it'll be shipped not too longer after it.
Also maybe anticipating a heavy demand, so it allows more time for them to get all orders ready to dispatch on one hit.

It's a small set-up so bound to take longer.

I doubt there will be issues with stock, but I'm getting the order in as soon as I can as I reckon there will be large demand for it.

SkunkCity

wait, "pre-order" ???
Just go buy something else if you don't have patience. This isn't a mass produced operation. If you really need early next month then your best bet is to buy elsewhere.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
wait, "pre-order" ???
No, there will be loads in stock once it finally arrives.

I just noticed a crack in my wood stem. Anyone know if it’s something I could fix before it gets worse?
Please leave a note about it with the upgrade kit order, I’ll send a new one.

HaggisHunter

What is the difference of using it horizontal/"normal way"? i think its a good idea for the oily hash like the filtered hash
If you just sit the tempest in it normally, small particles can fall down into the balls and it'll just dirty up inside it after a while.
I posted a photo of mine a page or two back, this was after just sitting the tempest upside down in it.

Holding the wand upside down with tempest right way up, or using on it's side should eliminate that problem.
I feel that cleaner balls take less time to heat up and I seem to get better heat retention, but that might be a mental thing.

Just good to have clean balls 😁

PrematureEvaporation

I just noticed a crack in my wood stem. Anyone know if it’s something I could fix before it gets worse?
Mine started doing this before I got a walnut custom made and confined it to the spares bin.

I notice a lot of sap and stuff comes out when it’s heated for the first few weeks? Stained the big clear O-ring on my TA to a sort of orange colour.

I remember reading a Reddit post by the nomad/toad vape guy, basically saying wood cracks when it’s not fully dried out - the stuff inside it keeps expanding and contracting with heating and cooling, which then eventually causes the cracks. The wood itself shouldn’t really crack as it’s fairly unreactive to the sort of heat we subject it to.

He also said you don’t really need to wax wood outside of aesthetic reasons, so I don’t tend to now.

EDIT: found the thread! It’s a very interesting read with some great information

Last edited:

Atom Flower

Just go buy something else if you don't have patience. This isn't a mass produced operation. If you really need early next month then your best bet is to buy elsewhere.
thanks but i was not asking you....
No, there will be loads in stock once it finally arrives.
Thank you. I am guessing you say "pre-order " to avoid having people breathing down your neck after sending payment... most people say "pre-order" for stuff that is not in stock yet so I was a bit put off...

Choker

I am looking to get the rosewood with black Tempest.
can I ask is there any benefit going with the titanium over the wood?

Also I have a couple of full titanium VONG’s from Dyna, can I use these stems with the tempest?
Thanks

Choker,
Reactions: Lwd0003

TedJones

Also I have a couple of full titanium VONG’s from Dyna, can I use these stems with the tempest?
Thanks
Only benefit imo is the ability to clean/soak with iso fully assembled. Just as easy to take apart though and I alternate stems after cleaning.
That's pretty sweet and I'll be getting one during next order :cool:I've been disassembling each time to clean but found this plastic tube and tried for the first time. Removed the screen, hit it with the heat gun on both sides real quick, and dropped it into tube filled about 1/4 of the way with iso. Shook & tilted back and forth for a couple minutes, rinsed, dried, took all of it apart, and holy shit! Tube sure looks like the one on MH site but it's shorter, so think it came with something else.

Ya, anything a Dyna fits, this should too :tup:

Choker

Only benefit imo is the ability to clean/soak with iso fully assembled. Just as easy to take apart though and I alternate stems after cleaning.

Ya, anything a Dyna fits, this should too :tup:
Thanks, that’s great. I don’t mind there strip down clean, I kind of like the therapy of taking it all apart and cleaning each part. I have a nanovong in wood and actually prefer the wood feel than my titanium Vong’s.
Pretty excited they drop soon now.

Choker,

kokolokokolokon

Not only the ability to clean/soak with iso. The Ti sleeve is like a heatsink. It gets hot but makes it cool down faster.

kokolokokolokon,
Reactions: cybrguy

Marok

I wonder if the black actual tastes better than the uncolored options because DLC main property is the smooth surface 🤔

Marok,
Reactions: gosta

HaggisHunter

If you have any issues with sensitivity in the throat like me you might feel it, I have a couple of things going on so my throat is really sensitive at times unfortunately.
I've had it with other stainless steel vapes so this wasn't new to me when the wooden/stainless sleeve felt similar.
It's not too bad though, I just find the device can be a bit catchy towards the end of a session when using those sleeves.
I don't get that at all with the titanium sleeve so generally stick with that.

corvo

i suppose it was ask before but i cant find it , its worth buy the tempest with the stem if you have the revolve 2?

corvo,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
i suppose it was ask before but i cant find it , its worth buy the tempest with the stem if you have the revolve 2?
There are some enhancements to the Tempest stem over the Revolve Gen 2 - that being said - I am using my Tempest on a Revolve Gen 2 after breaking my device. So you don't need the Tempest cooling unit if you have a Revolve Gen 2 - but there are some changes made to the cooling unit and airflow tubes specifically to get the most out of the Tempest - so it is worth it, if you can afford it.

eyevape

@Brenyo Will the Tempest Head be available for preorder as soon as the Tempest itself? I’d love to have a waterpiece only option in addition to the regular Tempest. Having two heads would also be cool for comparing different ball types.

Does anyone have experience using rubies in the Tempest?

Top Bottom