The "Stunner"

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
What’s the cheapest stem that would work with this? I don’t have any Dani vapes.
The device with stem is 130, I know the arizer glass stems also work if you flip them around as someone posted pics on discord
And the Dani glass stem from either Wes or Phil is only a few bucks

@MidwestMelancholy i absolutely LOVE @chammyphanny work,i have 2 pieces so far and I absolutely love how versatile they are, plus he's been working on some really cool new stuff

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast
The device with stem is 130, I know the arizer glass stems also work if you flip them around as someone posted pics on discord
And the Dani glass stem from either Wes or Phil is only a few bucks

@MidwestMelancholy i absolutely LOVE @chammyphanny work,i have 2 pieces so far and I absolutely love how versatile they are, plus he's been working on some really cool new stuff

The new pipes @chammyphanny (there he is!) has been working in look dope!! I'm very impressed with my unit from him. Gonna need to talk to him about a handle and possible stand for my ball vape.

MidwestMelancholy,
Reactions: tinctorus

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Had some more sessions with the Stunner. I'm getting to know it better. Got some really nice flavor by hitting it halfway through the first heat-up as was suggested. I also tried pulling while heating after I felt the tip needed a re-heat. Just puffed away while heating until I saw vapor. Very nice and tasty. I love the Wand for things like this.

I just really need to find a stem that can control the heat. The Dani metal stem isn't cutting it for me. It gets uncomfortably hot by the end of the bowl.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Had some more sessions with the Stunner. I'm getting to know it better. Got some really nice flavor by hitting it halfway through the first heat-up as was suggested. I also tried pulling while heating after I felt the tip needed a re-heat. Just puffed away while heating until I saw vapor. Very nice and tasty. I love the Wand for things like this.

I just really need to find a stem that can control the heat. The Dani metal stem isn't cutting it for me. It gets uncomfortably hot by the end of the bowl.
I think that’s going to be a real limiting factor for these types of stem-based ball vapes. A lot of stems simply cannot stand up to the heat. It’s already an issue with the short woody stems on the Dani and the Dani isn’t even using balls.

It also can be an opportunity for stem makers. New ways of mitigating heat on stems because it simply hasn’t been an issue before.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I think that’s going to be a real limiting factor for these types of stem-based ball vapes. A lot of stems simply cannot stand up to the heat. It’s already an issue with the short woody stems on the Dani and the Dani isn’t even using balls.
It also can be an opportunity for stem makers. New ways of mitigating heat on stems because it simply hasn’t been an issue before.
The glass dani stem does alright with the heat, but I also added 3 6mm balls to help a bit. It does still get pretty hot after the second bowl but it seems to tame the heat better than the metal and wood stems.

I think the stunner would actually be pretty alright on a native Anvil stem with XL mp. The floating design of the heat shield has always held up well with the heat needed for that device and it’s relatively heavy construction makes for a good heat sink.

Edit: not sure why the quote is all weird, but I think y’all get what I was replying to.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy

Agreed. I'm really seeing the need up close now. I almost dropped the stem it was so hot at the end of the session. I can see now why units like the Anvil and also the newly announced Tempest have a heat shield over the stem that you can presumably hold without getting burned even when the stem is much hotter.

Anyone have recommendations for the best out there now for the stunner? I was thinking of the carbon fiber ones that were announced.

Edit: Now that I think of it, the Camouflet also gets stems very hot. This new class of vape in a dynvap style that stores heat mass in a tip away from the bowl to produce convection also leads to that mass of heat leaving the tip and traveling directly down the stem as the draw is totally unrestricted. The flower can only absorb so much of it. Guessing the TA is the same.

Last edited:

Spj3k1

Stunner showed up last night.

Couple quick and dirty first impressions:

1. Performance is great, and it retains (accumulates? :cool:) heat very very well. Flavour is as good or as “bad” as you want it to be. Someone made the comparison to the Vapman style of heating, which is a great way to get wicked flavours on this vape.

2. The head fits rather loosely into the glass Dani stem I have, not loose enough to be a concern but looses enough that it’s slightly annoying

3. I really do not like the janky screen holding the balls in. Probably the worst part about the whole experience was trying to get the frayed edges of the screen out of the threaded part of the head, and holding in the balls properly.

4. The bulgy nature of the dome screen means if you pack fully, you’re just squishing down herb and getting stuff stuck to the dome screen and all in the threads.

5. This thing does not like to thread fully closed at all, it gets very grindy near the last couple turns. Assumed to be because of the janky dome screen.

6. I don’t really get this push for 9mm fittings, It’s unnecessary. There is already a huge and established market for 8mm, and there’s really nothing special about the Dani stems. It’s especially redundant because an adapter is already being made.

Overall, I’ve enjoyed the few sessions I’ve had with it. I know most people like to wait until they’ve had something for a while until they give some thoughts, but I like to give first impressions immediately and then see how my opinion changes in the future. I think this vape probably has a place in my collection. Further testing required.

PS. I’ve kept quiet on this part, but I do want to just say, as a customer and a person in this wonderful (and small) community, I would have liked to see the acknowledgement of where your inspirations came from. Not just “look at this brand new vape!” While that’s technically correct, I don’t think it’s right in the spirit of things. Just like I would have loved to see all the ball vapes give credit where it was due. Just because they didn’t give homage, doesn’t mean that it’s not the right thing to do. Obviously that didn’t stop me from supporting this endeavour, but just my two cents. All that said, I’m in the camp of “there is more than enough room” and I stand by that.
Good read.

I guess we will see how the second gen turns out after the release of the TA and the new MH collabo.

I too a put off by this.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker

If you have a revolve stem the cooling unit and mouthpiece fit my carbon stems with the correct oring

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
If you have a revolve stem the cooling unit and mouthpiece fit my carbon stems with the correct oring

Thanks, I don't have a Revolve stem, just the Dani metal one but someone mentioned that the intercooler and mouthpiece from this stem should fit inside the carbon fiber stems you make?

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: Sour Dream

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
It should! I've seen it done, correct me if wrong @tinctorus
Yes the revolve intercooler fits great inside the carbon fiber stems I make, all you need is a bit thicker oring
And yes @tukatukera was the one who figured out what size flat screen would be ideal

ALSO so everyone is aware MY PTGLASS ORDER IS IN!!
If you need any Ptglass pieces just shoot me a message, preferably on IG but here is fine if you don't have IG

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Yes the revolve intercooler fits great inside the carbon fiber stems I make, all you need is a bit thicker oring
And yes @tukatukera was the one who figured out what size flat screen would be ideal

ALSO so everyone is aware MY PTGLASS ORDER IS IN!!
If you need any Ptglass pieces just shoot me a message, preferably on IG but here is fine if you don't have IG
Sorry I think my text was ambiguous before. I don't have a Revolve stem. I was wondering if the intercooler and mouthpiece from the *Dani* metal stem would work with your carbon fiber stems.

Btw, do you think carbon fiber would be the coolest to the touch? This thing puts out so much heat to the stem I'm wondering if wood stems might split.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: Sour Dream

RichardsBag

Have you tried the Carbon Fiber stem? Its the one I use most and find functions perfectly. Im going to throw the stunner in the Dobby (its practically become tradition for me with any new BFG sized product now) and see if I can make that work as a stem/pipe. Results to follow.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Sorry I think my text was ambiguous before. I don't have a Revolve stem. I was wondering if the intercooler and mouthpiece from the *Dani* metal stem would work with your carbon fiber stems.

Btw, do you think carbon fiber would be the coolest to the touch? This thing puts out so much heat to the stem I'm wondering if wood stems might split.
Oh, yes the Dani spirals fit my stems
I offer a 14mm OD stem as well, my usual ones were 12mm OD, the 14mm does feel cooler to the touch

Tswooden makes a really cool new stem that Wes has, the liner it uses is larger at the ends and narrows in the middle and leaves am air gap to stop heat transfer

2pumpchump

Oh, yes the Dani spirals fit my stems
I offer a 14mm OD stem as well, my usual ones were 12mm OD, the 14mm does feel cooler to the touch

Tswooden makes a really cool new stem that Wes has, the liner it uses is larger at the ends and narrows in the middle and leaves am air gap to stop heat transfer
@TigoleBitties I will 2nd check but no the intercooler out of the metal v3 Dani stems do not fit .. I use a few crystal beads in the carbon fiber stems unless on a WP ....
Update my ruby high airflow cap came in yesterday .... not sure what part the airflow or the balls or both turns this thing into a completely different animal... but I'm definitely loving the extra airflow . Next cleaning I'm gonna try the zirc in the high airflow version...
I will update you guys after I break it in some more...

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
@TigoleBitties I will 2nd check but no the intercooler out of the metal v3 Dani stems do not fit .. I use a few crystal beads in the carbon fiber stems unless on a WP ....
Update my ruby high airflow cap came in yesterday .... not sure what part the airflow or the balls or both turns this thing into a completely different animal... but I'm definitely loving the extra airflow . Next cleaning I'm gonna try the zirc in the high airflow version...
I will update you guys after I break it in some more...
I use the intercoolers from my wood Dani stems in my carbon stems at home, it's the metal stem one different?

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Have you tried the Carbon Fiber stem? Its the one I use most and find functions perfectly. Im going to throw the stunner in the Dobby (its practically become tradition for me with any new BFG sized product now) and see if I can make that work as a stem/pipe. Results to follow.
I've just now ordered a glass stem and carbon fiber stem from soothingvapours.ca for this beast. I guess I'll find out if the intercooler from the Dani fits in there soon enough since it seems unclear still. Wish I had a few cooling beads around as a contingency. Maybe @Grover will see this and gift me some 😁.

So I gotta say, I'm starting to see why ball-vapes are a thing. The Stunner continues to impress me for nice, smooth hits and almost perfect extraction and heating with the Wand is super forgiving. The taste is already very nice but I feel it could be even better with a better stem so that's why I pulled the trigger on the glass. Don't imagine the carbon fiber will be tastier than the Dani metal stem since it's lined with SS on the interior. Just really hoping the carbon fiber will blunt the heat.

The Stunner is passing the reach test for me. Almost certain it will supplant my Dani V3Ti completely and steal time from my Dynavaps in the rotation.

2pumpchump

I've just now ordered a glass stem and carbon fiber stem from soothingvapours.ca for this beast. I guess I'll find out if the intercooler from the Dani fits in there soon enough since it seems unclear still. Wish I had a few cooling beads around as a contingency. Maybe @Grover will see this and gift me some 😁.

So I gotta say, I'm starting to see why ball-vapes are a thing. The Stunner continues to impress me for nice, smooth hits and almost perfect extraction and heating with the Wand is super forgiving. The taste is already very nice but I feel it could be even better with a better stem so that's why I pulled the trigger on the glass. Don't imagine the carbon fiber will be tastier than the Dani metal stem since it's lined with SS on the interior. Just really hoping the carbon fiber will blunt the heat.

The Stunner is passing the reach test for me. Almost certain it will supplant my Dani V3Ti completely and steal time from my Dynavaps in the rotation.
I have a shorty carbon fiber it's 3mm shorter than the fusion short wood ... I use from time to time high airflow ruby cap shorty and the man with the hat hanging out with me tonight
20230610-193100.jpg

20230610-193120.jpg

20230610-193130.jpg

Top Bottom