The "Stunner"

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
If you have Amazon prime you should download the Amazon pictures app as it gives you a URL for each picture you can post right onto the forum
A big shortcoming of the Amazon photos experience is it both reveals your identity when you share it, and it reveals the views identity to amazon, if they have an account. I use Streamable and that works pretty well for me. It's free too.

2pumpchump

So the first thing to being a smart smartass is to get smart otherwise you're just an ass or worst a dumb ass .
Now time to be a smart ass ! Someone earlier in the tread said the bigger bowl having more condition than the TA for now im going to leave my thoughts on 100% convection aside for now because no vaporizer made meats it ... how ever I will say that if I can rest my finger in the bowl wile heating and it not get hot till I draw air Through it then conduction only happens after you start hitting it .. this is using a thin single flame torch that can still put out a bigger flame without spitting. If I afend any 1 sorry mad at the dog @Grass Yes thank for the tip it will come in handy when I replace the camera my dog just chewed up . Maybe a few rips on this baby will make me feel better!

2pumpchump,
Reactions: tinctorus

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast
A big shortcoming of the Amazon photos experience is it both reveals your identity when you share it, and it reveals the views identity to amazon, if they have an account. I use Streamable and that works pretty well for me. It's free

all I see is the first name. Is it more detailed than that?

MidwestMelancholy,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
all I see is the first name. Is it more detailed than that?
For me that is more than enough, but I believe it depends on how your accounts are configured.

I don't click on Amazon photo/video links here because that would open in my browsers Amazon container. I think it's better to keep my FC hobby data separate from all the other Amazon has collected about me. Although unlike when people use google for this, I don't believe Amazon reveals my identity to the person posting.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
the terps very much come out on the double decker more than twaxing. So much terps I thought I singed my nose hairs lol
😂😂Yeah it can get really "terp tingly" on those double Deckers, I posted a video tonight I had a bowl packed with flower and hash and then dropped a glob of resin for a nice twax double decker 😂😂

I'm running a special right now until the 12th 600 balls of your choosing for $70 shipped in the states
You can do 200 each or 300 or 2 or whatever you want

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Stunner showed up last night.

Couple quick and dirty first impressions:

1. Performance is great, and it retains (accumulates? :cool:) heat very very well. Flavour is as good or as “bad” as you want it to be. Someone made the comparison to the Vapman style of heating, which is a great way to get wicked flavours on this vape.

2. The head fits rather loosely into the glass Dani stem I have, not loose enough to be a concern but looses enough that it’s slightly annoying

3. I really do not like the janky screen holding the balls in. Probably the worst part about the whole experience was trying to get the frayed edges of the screen out of the threaded part of the head, and holding in the balls properly.

4. The bulgy nature of the dome screen means if you pack fully, you’re just squishing down herb and getting stuff stuck to the dome screen and all in the threads.

5. This thing does not like to thread fully closed at all, it gets very grindy near the last couple turns. Assumed to be because of the janky dome screen.

6. I don’t really get this push for 9mm fittings, It’s unnecessary. There is already a huge and established market for 8mm, and there’s really nothing special about the Dani stems. It’s especially redundant because an adapter is already being made.

Overall, I’ve enjoyed the few sessions I’ve had with it. I know most people like to wait until they’ve had something for a while until they give some thoughts, but I like to give first impressions immediately and then see how my opinion changes in the future. I think this vape probably has a place in my collection. Further testing required.

PS. I’ve kept quiet on this part, but I do want to just say, as a customer and a person in this wonderful (and small) community, I would have liked to see the acknowledgement of where your inspirations came from. Not just “look at this brand new vape!” While that’s technically correct, I don’t think it’s right in the spirit of things. Just like I would have loved to see all the ball vapes give credit where it was due. Just because they didn’t give homage, doesn’t mean that it’s not the right thing to do. Obviously that didn’t stop me from supporting this endeavour, but just my two cents. All that said, I’m in the camp of “there is more than enough room” and I stand by that.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy

1. Performance is great, and it retains (accumulates? :cool:) heat very very well. Flavour is as good or as “bad” as you want it to be. Someone made the comparison to the Vapman style of heating, which is a great way to get wicked flavours on this vape.

2. The head fits rather loosely into the glass Dani stem I have, not loose enough to be a concern but looses enough that it’s slightly annoying

3. I really do not like the janky screen holding the balls in. Probably the worst part about the whole experience was trying to get the frayed edges of the screen out of the threaded part of the head, and holding in the balls properly.

4. The bulgy nature of the dome screen means if you pack fully, you’re just squishing down herb and getting stuff stuck to the dome screen and all in the threads.

5. This thing does not like to thread fully closed at all, it gets very grindy near the last couple turns. Assumed to be because of the janky dome screen.

6. I don’t really get this push for 9mm fittings, It’s unnecessary. There is already a huge and established market for 8mm, and there’s really nothing special about the Dani stems. It’s especially redundant because an adapter is already being made.

Overall, I’ve enjoyed the few sessions I’ve had with it. I know most people like to wait until they’ve had something for a while until they give some thoughts, but I like to give first impressions immediately and then see how my opinion changes in the future. I think this vape probably has a place in my collection. Further testing required.

PS. I’ve kept quiet on this part, but I do want to just say, as a customer and a person in this wonderful (and small) community, I would have liked to see the acknowledgement of where your inspirations came from. Not just “look at this brand new vape!” While that’s technically correct, I don’t think it’s right in the spirit of things. Just like I would have loved to see all the ball vapes give credit where it was due. Just because they didn’t give homage, doesn’t mean that it’s not the right thing to do. Obviously that didn’t stop me from supporting this endeavour, but just my two cents.
Thanks for the writeup!

Did the unit come with the balls and screens already inserted or you have to do this yourself? I plan to put this on the only 9mm stem I own which is the Dani metal stem. Hope it's not a little shaky as you say.

Mine should be coming tonight!

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: Sour Dream

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Thanks for the writeup!

Did the unit come with the balls and screens already inserted or you have to do this yourself? I plan to put this on the only 9mm stem I own which is the Dani metal stem. Hope it's not a little shaky as you say.

Mine should be coming tonight!
Yeah the balls and all that were inserted, but the screen was pretty lopsided and needed immediate adjustment after the first bowl.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker

PS. I’ve kept quiet on this part, but I do want to just say, as a customer and a person in this wonderful (and small) community, I would have liked to see the acknowledgement of where your inspirations came from. Not just “look at this brand new vape!” While that’s technically correct, I don’t think it’s right in the spirit of things. Just like I would have loved to see all the ball vapes give credit where it was due. Just because they didn’t give homage, doesn’t mean that it’s not the right thing to do. Obviously that didn’t stop me from supporting this endeavour, but just my two cents. All that said, I’m in the camp of “there is more than enough room” and I stand by that.
Thank you for your impressions, and I realize the screens are am issue and I'm sending out to all customers new flat screens as well as a tougher oring's

The new flat screens will allow you to thread it all the way down with a loaded bowl if you want, I made an assembly video on my YouTube if you need one as well

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Tried my first bowl with the Stunner last night.

Overall first impression - very nice.

I only have one data point right now but I think it speaks to how easy it was to get a decent experience right out of the gate. I loaded the bowl with straw technique using medium grind. I didn't tamp for this first try figuring since it's predominantly convection the airflow would be better. Will try different tamping methods down the line.

Heated with the wand at max until the timeout and tried pulling. Really nice flavor right off the bat. I greedily took another big hit without much pause and the heated tip seemed to replenish the temperature drop nicely. After a while the hits got wispy and I figured I needed to reheat.

What I believe actually happened is that the bowl was already cashed and I hadn't realized it 😂. I reheated for about 30sec and the hits were hot but with barely any vapor. A couple of times I thought I might have scorched the load but when I checked the ABV was a uniform dark caramel brown.

A few last thoughts. The Dani metal stem I was using got ridiculously hot after the reheat. I guess the bowl had already been cashed during the first heat cycle but I don't see back-to-back bowls with this stem. I wonder if the scorch taste I thought I detected was due to flower spilling onto the screen holding the balls since I didn't tamp 🤔. I think I'll heat next time without inverting the tip to prevent any chance of this. Also, if anyone has other thoughts on Wand heating techniques, loading techniques, grind, tamp etc. pls share!

I'm curious to see how much better things can get. Flavor is already very good. 👍

Edit: Any recommendation on best stem for the heat this thing generates? Maybe the carbon fiber one would do nicely. Can I re-use any parts from the Dani (intercooler, mouthpiece)?

Last edited:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast

I only have one data point right now but I think it speaks to how easy it was to get a decent experience right out of the gate. I loaded the bowl with straw technique using medium grind. I didn't tamp for this first try figuring since it's predominantly convection the airflow would be better. Will try different tamping methods down the line.

Heated with the wand at max until the timeout and tried pulling. Really nice flavor right off the bat. I greedily took another big hit without much pause and the heated tip seemed to replenish the temperature drop nicely. After a while the hits got wispy and I figured I needed to reheat.

What I believe actually happened is that the bowl was already cashed and I hadn't realized it 😂. I reheated for about 30sec and the hits were hot but with barely any vapor. A couple of times I thought I might have scorched the load but when I checked the ABV was a uniform dark caramel brown.

A few last thoughts. The Dani metal stem I was using got ridiculously hot after the reheat. I guess the bowl had already been cashed during the first heat cycle but I don't see back-to-back bowls with this stem. I wonder if the scorch taste I thought I detected was due to flower spilling onto the screen holding the balls since I didn't tamp 🤔. I think I'll heat next time without inverting the tip to prevent any chance of this. Also, if anyone has other thoughts on Wand heating techniques, loading techniques, grind, tamp etc. pls share!

I'm curious to see how much better things can get. Flavor is already very good. 👍

Edit: Any recommendation on best stem for the heat this thing generates? Maybe the carbon fiber one would do nicely. Can I re-use any parts from the Dani (intercooler, mouthpiece)?
I believe the standard drip tip (Dani) mouth piece works

BlazeDis

I gotta say this thing really isn't getting the attention I feel it deserves.

It's a fantastic unit, hits like a truck and the flavor is pretty good once you get the hang of the right temps.

Easily the best sub $100 vape I've tried lately and throws punches like devices twice the price or more.

I've barely used any of my other vapes since I got it, just keeps dominiating my reach test.
Hi which balls are you using please ?

BlazeDis,

RichardsBag

I think the simple way to suggest for the wand is insert until the tip hits the upper rim/flush with the glass (doesnt have to be touching) for 20-30s, Inhale and pull heat into the balls (maybe a terp hit here but the point is to prime the heater) then re insert wand another 20s focusing on the the upper half or third of the cap. It gets more and more 'by feel' as it heats up, almost like a vapman. You start to get it as you go but its forgiving on the way. I am finding it easier than the torch at the moment.

harmando

What’s the cheapest stem that would work with this? I don’t have any Dani vapes.

harmando,
Top Bottom