The Screwball by Vapvana

pghjd

I got the updated housing a few days ago. I don't know ehst kind of black magic Cal did, but he made this vape even better somehow! I've been able to lower the temps by 15°f and I'm still getting the same great hits as before.

coolbreeze

I got the updated housing a few days ago. I don't know ehst kind of black magic Cal did, but he made this vape even better somehow! I've been able to lower the temps by 15°f and I'm still getting the same great hits as before.
I'm kinda torn on it because I really like its top but I do have a new housing on the way. Glad to hear you like its performance!

Tasselhoff

After spending some time with the new housing, I’ve noticed a significant improvement in efficiency, allowing me to lower the temperature by about 10 to 20 degrees Fahrenheit. The SB provides the closest experience I’ve had to a “flower dab,” with nearly 100% even roast and no stirring needed. I love how the bit of conduction adds full-spectrum medicinal effects, which I find work better for me at night vs the pure convection vapes I’ve tried.

For anyone using their SB with an Auber RDK-300B, have you noticed it runs hotter compared to the stock PID? I’ve found that lowering the temperature to around 460°F still produces amazing results with a perfect golden roast.
Yes. I adjusted the temp offset in the settings. I think the Auber is a little overpowered for this. My settings:
P: 125
I: 100
D: 20
oth:100
APo:160
PSL: 125
I run 390-400 for about a two hit extraction for full extraction or one for flavor.

TedJones

My updated housing came in and it's really nice. Seems like a better build and fits my coil more snug. Not much difference in airflow as others have mentioned as I tried it on a familiar setup with the OG bowl. Couple of unexpected prototype bowls were in the package too!! :o
Only have tried the micro once below. Will have to report back with more uses and as soon as I can get the joint adapters switched out. In there super tight and didn't want to break one off the bat :ko:. 485 here on the crossing micro with small bubbler. Tried for a cleanup after stir but all done. Thanks Cal, you da man and keep on rocking it :rockon:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Totally noob friendly, very simple to use.

The first thing is that there is a 100 day Guarantee and Life Time Warranty & Cal (@Vapvana) is great when it comes to handling issues so when you get a Screwball Cal is so confident he gives you 100 days to make sure you're happy with the purchase... Who does that?

I'm also Australian so with our draconian vaping laws its good to know that I can still get support from Cal and have done so since the laws came into play.

Pro's
  • The Screwball runs at lower temperatures than most other "ball" vapes; that translates into a cooler vapour, reduced throat tickle, reduced harshness and for me it meant I wasn't coughing (in comparison to the Taroma 360 I was using at the time) which was a big selling point.
  • The Screwballs titanium bowl is quite large but has multiple configurations half bowl is about 0.15g-0.2g depending on how you pack it and full bowl is between 0.3g & 0.4g again depending on how much you pack
  • The Screwballs bowl is lighter and thinner than most of the metal bowls on the market, this allows it to heat up quickly to add just enough conduction to remove the need to stir the bowl. A number of other systems actually recommend stirring between hits
  • The Screwball bowl cools down quickly which decreases accidental burns when emptying and refilling the bowl
  • Price! the price of the the kit is still in presale status and as such is offered at a reduced price with an additional 10% discount when using the code at check out.
  • Cal is constantly looking to improve the product and providing those upgrades / updates to existing customers at a reasonable cost. Its really nice to be able to get the new heater setup for a reasonable cost on the accessories page for those of us with the older version.
Soon to be Pro's
  • There is a micro-dosing solution that's in development, a smaller bowl size to be used with the existing heater (very keen for this)
Cons
  • The Screwball bowl currently is only available with a 18mm stem
  • The Screwball bowl is quite large, you can set it to half bowl which decreases the conduction and means you need to raise the temperature to get the same sort of experience.
  • PID doesn't show the live temperature, its really minor - a preference thing
  • The screwball is built for Flower - some other systems have integrated "dab" / concentrate features which the Screwball doesn't - again preference

I have a few ball vapes and the Screwball gets the most use of the wired devices by a long shot and I have recently sold the one of them because I will never use it again
Well I would have to modify this now after the release of the new bowls

These are no longer valid with the new bowls
  • The Screwball bowl currently is only available with a 18mm stem
  • The Screwball bowl is quite large, you can set it to half bowl which decreases the conduction and means you need to raise the temperature to get the same sort of experience.

My updated housing came in and it's really nice. Seems like a better build and fits my coil more snug. Not much difference in airflow as others have mentioned as I tried it on a familiar setup with the OG bowl. Couple of unexpected prototype bowls were in the package too!! :o
Only have tried the micro once below. Will have to report back with more uses and as soon as I can get the joint adapters switched out. In there super tight and didn't want to break one off the bat :ko:. 485 here on the crossing micro with small bubbler. Tried for a cleanup after stir but all done. Thanks Cal, you da man and keep on rocking it :rockon:

So I guess we add more Pros;
  • The Screwball bowl is modular and is available in a micro-dosing an macro dosing size with modular 18mm, 14mm and 10mm stem options
I have yet to try the new bowls or housing though so can't comment on how good they are yet

They are on sale for existing customers
https://vapvana.com/collections/accessories/products/hybrid-bowl-bundle
vapvana-bowl-bundle-pic.png

The micro dosing bowl looks awesome, thicker walls, will be good to be able to heat soak to maximize the conduction (personal preference)

AndyO

Bugger.

One one hand, there's nothing about this bowl that screams "I need it."

On the other hand, there are only 11 left, and I'm not sure that pre-order price will extend to normal orders.

Edit: I'm an idiot. It's 2 bowls? Of course I bought it for that price. You couldn't buy the titanium for that. (Note: I know nothing about titanium or how much it costs!)

edit 2: also, thanks for posting! I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Last edited:

ewtwolf

Bugger.

One one hand, there's nothing about this bowl that screams "I need it."

On the other hand, there are only 11 left, and I'm not sure that pre-order price will extend to normal orders.

Edit: I'm an idiot. It's 2 bowls? Of course I bought it for that price. You couldn't buy the titanium for that. (Note: I know nothing about titanium or how much it costs!)

edit 2: also, thanks for posting! I wouldn't have known otherwise.
Awesome, ordered! Had no idea these were on presale. Bargain for the bundle too . Anyone recommend a decent handle set for both the bowl and head? I assume the Ed’s TNT stuff for PID Coil and Shovelhead handles work ok? Tho I don’t need them made from wood, just something that doesn’t look like a prison yard shiv handle. And a matching set with the bowl would be nice.

AndyO

Awesome, ordered! Had no idea these were on presale. Bargain for the bundle too . Anyone recommend a decent handle set for both the bowl and head? I assume the Ed’s TNT stuff for PID Coil and Shovelhead handles work ok? Tho I don’t need them made from wood, just something that doesn’t look like a prison yard shiv handle. And a matching set with the bowl would be nice.

Ed did a sick custom for a user here, and said he'd make a few more available. Haven't heard anything since then though.

I need 2 now, cos the Ruby Twist uses the same handle as the Screwball.

I enjoy this vape. It heats up quickly for a desktop and hits very nice. I love the color red and keep opening the top to look at the rubies. The only complaint, not a big one, I had was the handle. It reminded me of the handle on some budget exercise equipment.

Ed, @Ed's TnT stepped up to the plate and hit it out of the park with this TnT-ville Slugger. This big stick is the perfect handle for a vape called the screwball. Have your day in full swing, and grab this bat for your next dinger.

20240504-083255.jpg

20240504-083600.jpg

20240504-083611.jpg
Woot woot, looks great my man, glad to hear youre enjoying it.

When I hear screwball I think of baseball, felt a torched white ash handle similar in style to a Louisville slugger would be a nice compliment.

Will have more of these done soon enough if anyone is interested, pls let me know.

Thanks again for the work @HughJundys was a pleasure to do so.

Bababouy

Just received my prototype bowls as well. Just ran through one on the new micro bowl. Extraction was great and I’m tempted to drop down 5-10 degrees before the next bowl.
While still large I do like the size. I could see a new iteration with a half bowl setting like its larger sibling. Was excited to see a 10mm joint included as well. Props to @Vapvana i ordered my updated housing and got it a few weeks ago and got this “bonus” shipping notification a few days ago. I have been eagerly awaiting because I have always had trouble with the first two bowls sticking.

jbm

Did everyone who ordered the updated housing get a set of prototype bowls as well? I ask because I didn’t. Ordered the updated heater about 2 weeks ago. As a matter of fact I just ordered the prototype bowls…

ewtwolf

Did everyone who ordered the updated housing get a set of prototype bowls as well? I ask because I didn’t. Ordered the updated heater about 2 weeks ago. As a matter of fact I just ordered the prototype bowls…
I got the new housing with my new screwball set order from about two weeks ago. Cal threw in the pass through adapter for my order — I had asked as they were out of stock. Did not get the new bowls so I just ordered them.

EasyVape

No, I had to order the new bowls separately.

EDIT: Ideally since the next batch of hybrid bowls is on pre-order, the early adaptors that placed a new order could get the "updated" microdose bowl with a second shelf position ;).

Last edited:

Rodney

Good call ;) Noticeably thicker and more conduction added. A bit similar effect as a coiled bowl, to an extent, imo. Another YT VID starts at the end of a 1 minute pre-soak with this method.

where do you buy the micro dosing bowl for the screwball??

oh sorry I see straight from vapvana, good :)

AndyO

Bit of a random one...

For people that ordered the new housing direct from Vapvana, did you get their sticker?

I don't even know why I care, I rarely use stickers. But I saw the "Anti-ball ball vape club" sticker somewhere and I really want it.

AndyO,

Mickk

Looking at the Vapvana website, it seems the Titanium Bowl is discontinued, and being replaced by glass bowls

What does this mean for people who order the Screwball now, will they get the titanium bowl, or the glass ones?

(I had it in my cart, only to see that all INT versions are now sold out anyway...)

Mickk,

AndyO

Looking at the Vapvana website, it seems the Titanium Bowl is discontinued, and being replaced by glass bowls

What does this mean for people who order the Screwball now, will they get the titanium bowl, or the glass ones?

(I had it in my cart, only to see that all INT versions are now sold out anyway...)

I think I read earlier in the thread that orders had gone down for a little while, and that new "pre-orders" would include the new housing and the glass joint on the bowl.

AndyO,
Reactions: Mickk

Mickk

I think I read earlier in the thread that orders had gone down for a little while, and that new "pre-orders" would include the new housing and the glass joint on the bowl.
Good to know, thank you!

Then I'll have to keep an eye open for a restock of the INT version

Mickk,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
this - I didn't have the money to buy them myself atm so next time.

VapingYogi,

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I like the look of the new head but 20% less gems seems like a lot
It has less gems but it actually performs better imo than the original direct intake head that had 750g of gems. I think the way the air comes in helps it heat more effectively and I think it helps vape the sides more evenly.

Does anyone have the microdose bowl that they can compare to the full size?

Lastly, will you ever make titanium joints that can take the place of the glass joint? I can't tell you how many times I've dropped the bowl and been glad it isn't glass

Top Bottom