The Screwball by Vapvana

coolbreeze

I have the updated heater parts and am waiting on the microdose bowl before I put it all together. Though the announcement of the Pinch Hitter complicates things.
I hear that! That looks fun. I have not played a whole lot with the new setup yet but it's plugged in and ready to go for this evening.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: jbm
Nice, man. Glad you have it working better. Not sure how much the scratches matter per se but rather that working on the coil could damage it if something happens to the sensor. Sometimes you gotta, though, but normal care should keep it safe.

How do you like the updates?
I love the design/look of it but it’s been a bit of shit show switching it around, mainly due to my own stupidity but it would be good to have a video showing how to do it for dummy’s like me.

Can’t really comment on comparing function to the older head but once I get this coil sorted I will.

Edit - Got it fitting a lot more snug now, thanks for the tip about wrapping the pliers in electrical tape, definitely helped by letting me apply more force, doing a burn off and then going to give it a rip.

Last edited:
Slimjob Dopamine,
Reactions: coolbreeze

Mickk

I have the updated heater parts and am waiting on the microdose bowl before I put it all together. Though the announcement of the Pinch Hitter complicates things.
I'm a bit confused by the Pinch Hitter. It seems to be a whole new device that is only sold with its own PID

Why isnt there a "full set" that offers the Screwball and Pinch Hitter in a bundle, with 1 PID? That way you have a great setup for microdosing, and for bigger bowls

Am I being daft and missing something obvious here?

coolbreeze

I'm a bit confused by the Pinch Hitter. It seems to be a whole new device that is only sold with its own PID

Why isnt there a "full set" that offers the Screwball and Pinch Hitter in a bundle, with 1 PID? That way you have a great setup for microdosing, and for bigger bowls

Am I being daft and missing something obvious here?
I'm a little confused too but looking at it again I'm not sure that it benefits a current Screwball owner who owns the hybrid micro bowl. It's a smaller matrix on the same sized diffuser if I'm not mistaken. It's probably more a dedicated minidoser, I think, tuned to roast smaller loads although it should also fit the regular bowl then, too. Cal also described it as "affordable as possible" so I think it's positioned to be entry-level. It's a great option but I think the SB and Microbowl have me covered? One possible benefit would be faster heat-up but that's probably somewhat marginal.

Edit: I will probably get one when they're offered by piece, I'd love to try it and see how they differ, etc.
Just got my Screwball yesterday. Holy shit.
I think you speak for all of us! ; )

Last edited:

thedaemon

Still enjoying my SB. I've kept it on 430F pretty consistently but am trying higher temps now. I JUST now started tried dry bong hits and I totally didn't even think of this. (I don't really like water bongs, they hurt my throat bad for some reason and make me cough weird.) So this has solved my issue of bad coughs! I also turn it on and let it sit for maybe 1-2 minutes before hitting and I hold it on the bowl for maybe 10 seconds the first hit but after that just a few seconds preheat. I'm afraid of burning it, am I being too cautious?

thedaemon,
Reactions: TedJones

TedJones

I also turn it on and let it sit for maybe 1-2 minutes before hitting and I hold it on the bowl for maybe 10 seconds the first hit but after that just a few seconds preheat. I'm afraid of burning it, am I being too cautious?
If you mean you’re taking the first hit just a little after two minutes from when you turn on the coil, then yes. Those gems are still trying to warm up to equilibrium well after the PID shows temp reached. I like at least 8 minutes with this head. Yea, keep bumping up by 5 until you like the look of your roast without coughing ;)

TedJones,

jbm

So I put together the updated heater head. Not really difficult, had to massage the rubies a bit to get the right amount in and the upper screen on. Coil just slid onto the housing, no trouble. Question not addressed in the video or sheet by @Vapvana : do you need to do another burn off? If so what temp and timing?

jbm,
Top Bottom