The Screwball by Vapvana

Rodney

A question please, the 18mm and 14mm Glass Joints that fit into the screwball hybrid bowl, is this a standard piece of glass that I can buy online and get a few spares? if so what it called (is the female end a standard fitting) and what company do you recomend? I live in AUstralia so a local company would be good for postage etc.

you mean this?

This is EU seller, not sure if there is Australian seller.

Rodney,
Reactions: DanTay

DanTay

you mean this?

yes that's the one, will have a look around but it is out of stock for the18mm, so is this something that is common or just made for the screwball?

DanTay,

Pcloudy

yes that's the one, will have a look around but it is out of stock for the18mm, so is this something that is common or just made for the screwball?
So it’s made by crossing tech/whatever company makes crossing tech stuff. Not sure if that helps but it may open some search avenues for you

Pcloudy,
Reactions: DanTay

Galford78

Hi,
I have had the Screwball from Vapvana since Friday, but the question is, if I set the controller to 220°C, for example, where can I measure whether the temperature is correct, directly at the bottom of the heater on the flat ring that rests on the bowl?
I have set the controller to °C and I had to set it to 430 and at the bottom of the ring it was 225°C, measured with a digital thermometer with sensor.
If I set it to 225°C, for example, it would only be around 100°C?
Somehow it doesn't make sense with the controller or am I missing something???

Thanks in advance!

Galford78,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Sorry do you have a picture I dont know what you mean?
Do you have a picture?
PXL-20240507-164237257-2-3.jpg

The very end of the coil is where the thermocouple is that is used to measure the temperature on the PID.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: Octavia

Galford78

Sorry do you have a picture I dont know what you mean?
Do you have a picture?

I
PXL-20240507-164237257-2-3.jpg

The very end of the coil is where the thermocouple is that is used to measure the temperature on the PID.
Yes, I measured the flat ring exactly at the point at the bottom!
So that means if I set 230°C on the controller, for example, it must be the temperature at that point, right? 🤔😅

Galford78,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yes, I measured the flat ring exactly at the point at the bottom!
Is "the flat ring" what you are calling the coil? You want the very tip of that. But also I believe it's measuring on the inside. So it is covered by the housing.
So that means if I set 230°C on the controller, for example, it must be the temperature at that point, right? 🤔😅
I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to do. Are you verifying your coil and PID controller are tuned correctly? I don't think the Crossing controller, used by Vapvana, has a documented way to set parameters like the p,I, and d.

Also, as you probably know, the type of thermometer matters a lot. All have a range of error but some are more precise. And if course different sensors are better for different applications.

Grass Yes,

DanTay

you mean this?

I have sent an email to Vapvana to see if they will sell them as acceseriories soon as I would buy a couple as spares

DanTay,
Reactions: Rodney

EasyVape

Do the "low stock warning" messages on Vapvana's site reflect reality or are they just sleazy marketing (i.e. blatant lies)?
IIRC the low stock message was initially legitimate during the first one or two Screwball pre-orders. The current messages look like they just left them on auto-reset or manual reset going forward. IMO, the low stock warnings probably do help increase order numbers, however, as Vapvana grows into a brand that carries multiple products and sells multiple times to the same customers, they should consider removing the low stock warnings as they come off as fly by night operation marketing tactics.

.brew

IIRC the low stock message was initially legitimate during the first one or two Screwball pre-orders.
They weren't legitimate back then, either. It was discussed in this thread back then. One of the reasons I cancelled my pre-order.

.brew,
Top Bottom