The Screwball by Vapvana

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Been using this micro bowl on my sb and I tell you what, it has knocked my zx out of rotation...

I did turn my temp from 532 to 555 though (I was at 543 for a bit but it wasn't quite as dark as I want for a one hitter). I was surprised by how shallow is was but the airflow is unbeatable for the dosage and the power imo.

stonedBBer

Got the new micro does bowl, second day having it I tried to remove the 18mm post to clean, was so stuck in place so firmly that it snapped clean in half. I ended up having to take a hammer an nail to shatter out the glass stuck inside the Ti housing. Swapped out the o-rings and put the 14mm post in but man.

I reached out to Vapvana concerning this, after 2 days one Rupert got back to me telling me to try to push out the post with the bottom of the scoop. I told them that I had already shattered it out and asked for a replacement 18mm post and a spare of o-rings, they've ghosted me so far, it's been 3 days with no reply. Why are these so hard to remove? Isn't that something that would be incredibly easy to test?

How are you supposed to remove that BTW? I just got mine and I want the bowl to use 18mm not the 14 it came with but it seems stuck I there pretty good

TedJones

How are you supposed to remove that BTW? I just got mine and I want the bowl to use 18mm not the 14 it came with but it seems stuck I there pretty good
@CumuloTerpene @Dumbstupid I get a couple drops of soapy water on the underside where the glass meets the metal and you can see that bottom oring. For the full bowl, finger through the top to help push, then rock back and forth pulling on the joint with the other hand. End of wood brush works good for pushing in the smaller bowl.

Was pretty concerned too when first attempting :uhoh:
or this might be easier:
it will come apart much much easier if you do it right after using it. The only thing is you will need a glove or piece of tissue or something so you do not burn your hand on the hot bowl.

AndyO

Mine jas just turned up today - the adapters slide straight in and out. I'd be contacting Cal if yours is stuck.

Razzle_N_Dazzle

Grand Prize​

Win A Screwball Starter Kit & Wireless Screwball Early Adopter Set (TBD*)

*The wireless screwball is still in the design stage. Once we reach the early adopters stage we will send the grand prize winner a set.

I wonder when I'll be getting mine 😶

AndyO

My new bowls and housing arrived today. I haven't changed the head yet, but I really like the microdose bowl. In fact I'm a bit concerned this could almost entirely replace my ruby twist.

I didn't expect I'd need to use the alternate "normal" bowl, but damn, using the glass joint is such a pleasure. I hadn't even realised that the titanium joint was a pain in the ass til using it with glass.

I'm considering getting another 25mm coil altogether, but having to get one that 220-240v compliant is a bit of a challenge.

My new bowls and housing arrived today. I haven't changed the head yet, but I really like the microdose bowl. In fact I'm a bit concerned this could almost entirely replace my ruby twist.

I didn't expect I'd need to use the alternate "normal" bowl, but damn, using the glass joint is such a pleasure. I hadn't even realised that the titanium joint was a pain in the ass til using it with glass.

I'm considering getting another 25mm coil altogether, but having to get one that 220-240v compliant is a bit of a challenge.
Yeah I separated my coils a bit on mine when switching the updated head and have been looking for a new coil too just to make it look a bit better again, I found one 25mm 220v with the right pins but it’s got too may wraps haha

Walter Bishop

Mine jas just turned up today - the adapters slide straight in and out. I'd be contacting Cal if yours is stuck.

My hybrid bowl adapters were easily removable at first, just required a firm grip and twist. Then after a few weeks of use I cleaned both bowls. All of a sudden the glass adapters no longer went in easy or came out easy. Currently the only way they're able to be moved in and out (without fear of breaking the glass) is after a session when the bowl is still hot/warm. It's not difficult, but not super convenient either.

So I filled out the warranty form, and have been moving though that process.

stonedBBer

My hybrid bowl adapters were easily removable at first, just required a firm grip and twist. Then after a few weeks of use I cleaned both bowls. All of a sudden the glass adapters no longer went in easy or came out easy. Currently the only way they're able to be moved in and out (without fear of breaking the glass) is after a session when the bowl is still hot/warm. It's not difficult, but not super convenient either.

So I filled out the warranty form, and have been moving though that process.
I just sent them a help request on their website

Rodney

The O rings on all of my vapes get stuck after a lot of use as they get all gunked up. The only way to get it separated is after it ahs been used and hot.

Not saying that some of these O rings ppl got are not the right size just in general they do become tight with even light use. I am sure if anyone did get the wrong size o ring it would be easy for them to send out a replacement.

Last edited:

Misterhyde

I wonder when I'll be getting mine 😶
I am really anticipating mine as well! My screwball immediately replaced my B1 when I recieved it and is still my daily driver. I cannot wait to receive the wireless version.

Clapped_r6

bass in your face
Especially once reclaim gets in there. They won't come apart then.
Personally, I prefer that they Don't come out when hot!

Clapped_r6,

Choker

Yea I do suffer arthritis :/ so far I can get one out using much soap to get in behind it and was still a struggle. They are very very tight. I like them but can only remove one so far.
the bubbler is nice and the micro bowl.

Choker,
Reactions: TedJones
For people that have had the updated bowls a bit longer, is the micro dose bowl screen designed to come out too? I imagine it is for cleaning but don’t want to risk messing with it haha

Slimjob Dopamine,
Reactions: Brownie420

fcuser1047

For people that have had the updated bowls a bit longer, is the micro dose bowl screen designed to come out too? I imagine it is for cleaning but don’t want to risk messing with it haha
Yes, it's removable. I pulled it out yesterday trying to adjust it. Using the brush handle as a backstop helped in getting it back in correctly.

Top Bottom