The Screwball by Vapvana

AndyO

For people who have the issue with the glass joint/what they're blaming on o-rings, is it happening with both of your bowls?

I think I have a pretty good feel for the problem, because my md bowl slides right out with no pressure, exactly as I imagine it's supposed to. The normal bowl, with a pretty good amount of grip strength and arm strength, won't budge. I've tried hot water, cold water, heating it with the coil - she's stuck. I had to fill out the warranty form :(

Should've waited to order the Ace bowl and tried to get them to pay for the postage!

After reading reviews of the problems with the bowls, when mine arrived I examined them to see if they'd be worth the trouble. Upon examination I noticed some sort of oil on on the O-ring. I'm not sure what this lube is, but perhaps that's what causing the seizing after some usage and it no longer exists.
I personally don't care for the new bowls. They suck! They don't give me even roasts. The original bowl works much better with the screen set up high. I also felt like the coil cover/guard should've been thrown in for free with purchase of the new bowls. It's a safety that should've been included in the original design. For microdosing, flavor explosion, and overall efficiency the Phase 3 ZX is my go to. The Screwball is also massive compared to the ZX, and my hits with the ZX are more voluminous. I like my Screwball (with the original bowl) for big hybrid conductive/convection) hits.

My :2c:..........YMMV!!

AndyO

They're taking the piss now.

- they spent a month telling those of us waiting for bowls "we'll ship next week!"
- when they eventually sent them, they've sent a bunch of faulty ones
- now they aren't just shipping replacements - they want the faulty bowls returned to them, apparently regardless of where in the world we are. (I'm in Australia.)

So I'm looking at another month+ without the bowl.

Great work. This company needs to stop trying to develop every product that it comes up with on a whim, take a few breaths, and sort out the customers and products that they already have.

Mickk

Yeah, seems odd that Cal is no longer active here. Especially because the sole reason he has a company is because of the support from folks on here...

Sounds like the "1-On-1 Support" and "100 Day Guarantee" promises on his website are also not 100% true...

Mickk

I received my Screwball and bubbler yesterday, everything looks and feels great, but I havent had time to try it yet. Very much looking forward to it though!
I still haven't used mine yet. If anyone in the EU is interesting in buying a Screwball + Pinch Hitter Hybrid Bowl, send me a dm and we'll make a good price

I'm too much of a rosin dabber to be using this (and have a TinyMight + Vapman for when I want a small hit)

Mickk,

EasyVape

IMO the new glass bowl with plug has overshadowed the new metal+glass options. I have similar issues with my new hybrid bowls with the glass joints and lubricant so I'll probably be ordering a glass bowl to use in place. Does anyone know if Cal will make a glass micro dose bowl or higher quality glass bowl options?

EasyVape,

Misterhyde

Has anyone else noticed that the number of Ace pre-sale units available keeps getting reset? It's a little strange to me. Are you able to make an order for 16 units or 45? It makes me feel like it's a marketing ploy to get you to order because stock is low, but then it runs out and suddenly there are more available. Also, it's definitely strange how much things have changed with Cals interaction. Not only does he not log into FC anymore, but he also doesn't seem to be super responsive to emails.

lluther

Has anyone else noticed that the number of Ace pre-sale units available keeps getting reset? It's a little strange to me. Are you able to make an order for 16 units or 45? It makes me feel like it's a marketing ploy to get you to order because stock is low, but then it runs out and suddenly there are more available. Also, it's definitely strange how much things have changed with Cals interaction. Not only does he not log into FC anymore, but he also doesn't seem to be super responsive to emails.
I think he’s been having issues with the site allowing over-ordering beyond what they stock, I could be wrong. But madheaters has had that issue before with their site overselling. I wouldn’t be surprised if Cal is selling batches to help mitigate issues that he has had in the past like that.

“Also, it's definitely strange how much things have changed with Cals interaction. Not only does he not log into FC anymore, but he also doesn't seem to be super responsive to emails.”

He’s hired someone to handle that side of things (certainly on the emails front), as he’s super busy with products. So, it maybe some teething issues with the handover to the knew guy.

I see where you are coming from, don’t get me wrong. But i’ve been on a ton of Cal’s live streams and the issues you mention certainly can be explained without any nefarious motives, for me at least.

Mr.Grumpy

Here's a new one. After removing the stuck glass in my hybrid bowl I decided to swab it out with a Q-tip and 99% iso. Those green O-rings bled green all over the iso soaked Q-tips. :\

Not sure what that means, but not thinking it's a good thing. I'm back to using my all Ti bowl for now.

Was just cleaning mine and I noticed the same thing! Back to glass for me.

AndyO

As I've noted in this thread, I was starting to get a bit salty on Vapvana as a company. The customer service is rubbish, and I got one of the glass joints that won't come out of the bowl, and they're now saying they want me to ship it back to the US before they ship it back to Australia... so this bowl is just going to do laps of the globe.

I have to say though, I've been enjoying the hell out of the glass Ace bowl with the Screwball this week. I've never found a ball vape/glass bowl combo that I really liked (other than the Ruby Twist microdose glass bowl) - I think this is it. It's great for flavour at lower temps, it holds up really well and you can get some reasonable conduction + convection hits at higher temps. They're back on a winner with this one.

edit: I just got an email from Cal that offers to rectify the bowl issues without sending them around the world, and indicates that they're at least aware of their service issues and are working to resolve them. So some positive noises coming out of the company, which I'm happy to hear about. The Screwball still rules, it bums me out when companies do things that make you feel less cool about using their vapes.

Last edited:

lluther

As I've noted in this thread, I was starting to get a bit salty on Vapvana as a company. The customer service is rubbish, and I got one of the glass joints that won't come out of the bowl, and they're now saying they want me to ship it back to the US before they ship it back to Australia... so this bowl is just going to do laps of the globe.

I have to say though, I've been enjoying the hell out of the glass Ace bowl with the Screwball this week. I've never found a ball vape/glass bowl combo that I really liked (other than the Ruby Twist microdose glass bowl) - I think this is it. It's great for flavour at lower temps, it holds up really well and you can get some reasonable conduction + convection hits at higher temps. They're back on a winner with this one.

edit: I just got an email from Cal that offers to rectify the bowl issues without sending them around the world, and indicates that they're at least aware of their service issues and are working to resolve them. So some positive noises coming out of the company, which I'm happy to hear about. The Screwball still rules, it bums me out when companies do things that make you feel less cool about using their vapes.
Have you tried heat soaking the bowl for 30 seconds with the SB baller head? That worked for me.

Pcloudy

Also had issues with the bowls. I had to take the screens out and use the wooden handle to push the glass part out. I had to use a lot of force to get them out. Cleaned and lubed the orings and put which connectors I wanted on and slid them back. They are very stuck now. Part of me doesn’t really care but part of me knows I’ll have to take them apart for cleaning and chance a break every time

Pcloudy,

TedJones

All my bigger glass that I like to use the SB with is 18 connect so I’ve just have left those in the bowls. I leave it assembled and do an iso swab. rinse, and call it done. Haven’t needed too often though as I’m digging the glass bowl too.

TedJones,

Pcloudy

All my bigger glass that I like to use the SB with is 18 connect so I’ve just have left those in the bowls. I leave it assembled and do an iso swab. rinse, and call it done. Haven’t needed too often though as I’m digging the glass bowl too.
I guess with how tight it fits there probably won’t be to much reclaim buildup between the glass and the titanium. I have 18 in my large and 14 on the micro. I’m hoping dfreeze is able to make me another matching handle for my set

Top Bottom