The Screwball by Vapvana

EasyVape

Did everyone who put in warranty requests for o-rings get theirs? I got my confirmation on the Sept 20th and radio silence. E-mailed them a couple of days ago and still nothing.
Yes, they sent out replacements, I had to first complete a warranty form. Once the form was filled out they sent an email to confirm my shipping address and complete the warranty order. As far as the lead time, it took a couple business days for me to get a response from the time I filled out the form(I'm in the US). From my experience asking questions via email and two warranty claims I would say their customer service has been very good. I just wish they threw in the coil guard for the early adopters but overall I think it's a great value for the performance and dosing flexibility.

Mickk

Got replacement hybrid bowls and was able to use the 10mm joint finally. It's great to have a 10mm diffuser bowl and the airflow to run recyclers:
IMG-0601.jpg
Cool rig! Reminds me of a seashell

Choker

So my new O-Rings bleed just as much green when swabbed with 99% iso as the previous ones did. I'm over these hybrid bowls.
Mine also, I expected an updated Oring but it’s the same color and I had the same iso run off. Not sure if it’s worth another warranty I’m using the og again.

Walter Bishop

Mine also, I expected an updated Oring but it’s the same color and I had the same iso run off. Not sure if it’s worth another warranty I’m using the og again.

Yup, rotating between the all Ti and all glass now. Not going to bother pursuing anything further with the hybrids myself. I'm over it, and the other two bowls work better for me.

Walter Bishop,

EasyVape

Yup, rotating between the all Ti and all glass now. Not going to bother pursuing anything further with the hybrids myself. I'm over it, and the other two bowls work better for me.
What about sourcing your own Viton o-rings? Does anyone know the ID/OD of the rings and a reputable source to order from online?

coolbreeze

Was going to order the Ace but after reading all of these concerns and lack of customer service responses has me wondering if it's a good idea.
Datapoint: these guys have always taken care of me and have gone above and beyond on occasion. It's a small operation with lots going on, they may need time to get back to you. Otherwise the gear is good quality and performs really well. If you review the thread I think you'll find a lot of happiness, a handful of issues and solutions, and lots of Cal doing in-depth outreach. I would give them a chance if you like their gear.

Datapoint: these guys have always taken care of me and have gone above and beyond on occasion. It's a small operation with lots going on, they may need time to get back to you. Otherwise the gear is good quality and performs really well. If you review the thread I think you'll find a lot of happiness, a handful of issues and solutions, and lots of Cal doing in-depth outreach. I would give them a chance if you like their gear.
Guess since I follow them on IG and he posts so consistently its a bit concerning that it seems least from the outside looking in there more interested in new sales than resolving some simple issues. The pid failure one kind of makes my head spin that should be an easy swap out. Camouflet is small as well had 2 issues months apart and they had my replacement in the mail before ever sending it back. i'll get my order in being this is really the first time I have seen concerns about Vapvana. Lol just kind of surprised me only heard good things before.

Placed my order thanks for addressing my concerns 🙏

coolbreeze

Guess since I follow them on IG and he posts so consistently its a bit concerning that it seems least from the outside looking in there more interested in new sales than resolving some simple issues. The pid failure one kind of makes my head spin that should be an easy swap out. Camouflet is small as well had 2 issues months apart and they had my replacement in the mail before ever sending it back. i'll get my order in being this is really the first time I have seen concerns about Vapvana. Lol just kind of surprised me only heard good things before.
Re: new sales--I can sorta get that, and I think it's part of the overall scramble. But my sense from watching other makers scramble and even fail is that a certain amount of business is necessary just to keep the doors open. I imagine they're at the point where they can see the potential for survival if they can grow some specific am't. Obviously balance is needed because you really want to keep customers, keep them happy, and not have them discourage other potential owners.

Placed my order thanks for addressing my concerns 🙏
I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:

jbm

Obviously balance is needed because you really want to keep customers, keep them happy, and not have them discourage other potential owners.
I feel like this is the biggest challenge facing vape companies these days. All too often there’s the idea that all you need is a killer product and then the rest will take care of itself. Or you get people bending over backwards with excuses like the well-worn “one man show.” Customer service is a HUGE part of any small business, and “we’re busy” has a short shelf life.

jbm,
Reactions: raisin
I feel like this is the biggest challenge facing vape companies these days. All too often there’s the idea that all you need is a killer product and then the rest will take care of itself. Or you get people bending over backwards with excuses like the well-worn “one man show.” Customer service is a HUGE part of any small business, and “we’re busy” has a short shelf life.
agree its the best way to build a reputation even if its at the cost of slowing growth. Enough negative customer experience kills more companies than anything. I've built a few companies and always started with customer experience before anything

coolbreeze

excuses like the well-worn “one man show.”
I think I would steer clear of those shops then, tbh. Most artisan vapes will suffer the same organizational limits, even as they produce the best and most desired products. In my experience most of them are busting their butts to keep us happy. It's just a different thing than buying from Megacorp.

My o-ring issues were sorted by a person with whom I was unfamiliar, so Cal's apparently added help.

Last edited:

General Disaster

A Total disMember
Seems to me with many of these small and innovative companies there's a constant balancing act of managing their product(s) vs managing their customers vs managing their business. Each element effect the others, and the balance is constantly changing as external factors often unpredictable occur, while often having to learn many new skills as they go. So to expect the same sort of service as from large established profit engines is not really realistic.

They comprise a whole ecosystem of their own, and as pointed out provide us with products that would be unlikely to see the light of day otherwise, and in our turn, we give these companies a chance to thrive by investing in them by buying their gear. It's a game of give and take. Without accepting the fact we act almost like investors for the company and in return take certain risks (such as customer service sometimes suffering) and in return we get shit to play with that few others even know exists.

So when I see Vapvana bring out one of the best ball vapes currently at a price that few other equivalent products can match, if I get a bad o-ring, that's something I can source myself if need be and hardly expensive. It's not like having to spend $50 or $100 on a new part. To expect a tiny brand new company to be perfect on everything is not realistic or reasonable.
The exception I saw here was the failed Pid, that ought to have been a no-brainer to get replaced asap. But if an o-ring is going to create paroxysms of anger against the company, maybe this cutting edge stuff isn't the best place to be? Stick to a Mighty or whatever?

jbm

I think I would steer clear of those shops then, tbh. Most artisan vapes will suffer the same organizational limits, even as they produce the best and most desired products. In my experience most of them are busting their butts to keep us happy. It's just a different thing than buying from Megacorp.

My o-ring issues were sorted by a person with whom I was unfamiliar, so Cal's apparently added help.
Just to be clear - I didn’t mean that small shops use “one man shop” as an excuse, I meant customers do. No matter how good the product is, the customer experience is important. There are some companies in this space that get this and deliver great CS, and others for whom it’s non existent.enough derailment, I’ll shut up now.

coolbreeze

Just to be clear - I didn’t mean that small shops use “one man shop” as an excuse, I meant customers do. No matter how good the product is, the customer experience is important. There are some companies in this space that get this and deliver great CS, and others for whom it’s non existent.enough derailment, I’ll shut up now.
I see what you mean. I've been frustrated by lack of communication, etc, sometimes. I guess it is up to us to encourage the best practices that people can meet, but we should also be careful not to whip up frustration among ourselves beyond what's warranted (I don't mean you). These folks are usually trying their best to meet our needs.

General Disaster

A Total disMember
These folks are usually trying their best to meet our needs.
Absolutely, and they are usually enthusiasts themselves and started the business with good motives.
Maybe friendly messaging highlighting what's good, and then highlighting what could be better and how it's impacted the customer, but in a polite and productive fashion, would help guide those companies better?

Seems to me with many of these small and innovative companies there's a constant balancing act of managing their product(s) vs managing their customers vs managing their business. Each element effect the others, and the balance is constantly changing as external factors often unpredictable occur, while often having to learn many new skills as they go. So to expect the same sort of service as from large established profit engines is not really realistic.

They comprise a whole ecosystem of their own, and as pointed out provide us with products that would be unlikely to see the light of day otherwise, and in our turn, we give these companies a chance to thrive by investing in them by buying their gear. It's a game of give and take. Without accepting the fact we act almost like investors for the company and in return take certain risks (such as customer service sometimes suffering) and in return we get shit to play with that few others even know exists.

So when I see Vapvana bring out one of the best ball vapes currently at a price that few other equivalent products can match, if I get a bad o-ring, that's something I can source myself if need be and hardly expensive. It's not like having to spend $50 or $100 on a new part. To expect a tiny brand new company to be perfect on everything is not realistic or reasonable.
The exception I saw here was the failed Pid, that ought to have been a no-brainer to get replaced asap. But if an o-ring is going to create paroxysms of anger against the company, maybe this cutting edge stuff isn't the best place to be? Stick to a Mighty or whatever?
You nailed it pretty much how I feel Orings a whatever I can find my own. It was the PID thing that had me concerned.

Top Bottom