The Screwball by Vapvana

Arbornaut

I got a refund almost instantly so that’s good at least. It turns out I actually would have saved around $50 and the Bubbler is a decent price with the glass pass though bowl. Not worth it though as I don’t need the bubbler or hybrid full bowl at all, and I only really wanted the hybrid microdose bowl to begin with. That’s on me for sure 😅

I still love the screwball and its performance overall, so while I won’t pre order anything again I still ordered the micro bowl from the Canadian distributor.

Cmon cut the guy some slack

I literally just cut him some slack but you beat me 😂

I shouldn’t have assumed a preorder meant early access, but I am valid for getting a refund imo. Easy to say “one more week” but when I can order it now and receive it in 3 days it is a no brainer. Sometimes getting things across the border into Canada from the U.S. can take well over a week at customs just sitting there waiting.

That’s not on the owner of Vapvanna tho obviously, but why is it so comical that I want a refund? lol weird

VASked_Avenger!

I got a refund almost instantly so that’s good at least. It turns out I actually would have saved around $50 and the Bubbler is a decent price with the glass pass though bowl. Not worth it though as I don’t need the bubbler or hybrid full bowl at all, and I only really wanted the hybrid microdose bowl to begin with. That’s on me for sure 😅

I still love the screwball and its performance overall, so while I won’t pre order anything again I still ordered the micro bowl from the Canadian distributor.

I literally just cut him some slack but you beat me 😂

I shouldn’t have assumed a preorder meant early access, but I am valid for getting a refund imo. Easy to say “one more week” but when I can order it now and receive it in 3 days it is a no brainer. Sometimes getting things across the border into Canada from the U.S. can take well over a week at customs just sitting there waiting.

That’s not on the owner of Vapvanna tho obviously, but why is it so comical that I want a refund? lol weird
Preorder came with a discount, plus an xtra 10% off whole order, with free shipping (to the US at least, not sure about Canada). For me personally, it's enough generosity for me to just wait it out. Did you find every item you ordered for same price, or cheaper locally? If you did, then totally that makes more sense for you. I ordered both bowls, bubbler, coil guard and small scoop so I probably wouldn't have the choice you have picking up items locally. All items shipped together for me, and bubbler is last to come in I believe. More power to ya if you could get it earlier for same $, but same time hard to believe store you got it from was able to match that same discounted pricing 🤷‍♂️ And my borderline comical sentiment, was towards "never ordering again" comment, which is kinda over the top. But hey, my bad! To ea their own, sucks to wait either way... Especially for customs

Apologies for the double post! @Arbornaut , Hey I didnt read your comment carefully enough. You only ordered the microbowl, if I could find that locally while waiting (a long time) for next to same price, i'd of gotten that refund as well probably. Sorry about that, I was thinking you were waiting on multi items. Also, didn't realize you're in Canada and wait on customs is still possible. Totally backtracking here haha. Hope you enjoy that new micro dose bowl!

Modnote: consecutive posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
VASked_Avenger!,
Just a heads up, I just received an email from Vapvana concerning the fitment issue and they've included a link for claims. It sounds like a batch may have gone out with the wrong sized o-rings and that may be why some of us are having extra tight fitment. It looks like they're aware of the issue and now have a way for us to get replacements. Also, if you have broken a glass adapter take a picture! I didn't think about it at the time but they're asking for a photo in the submission process.

Rodney

Mine is on all day long and at 340C. I heat soak it for a minute. Am using the hybrid bowl with the screen set to the top position as seen in the picture

I did use it with full bowls but honestly you get more high with less and using it like this and imo you just waste loads if you fill it up too much. Using it at the position in the picture is best and tried lots of different things temps and heat soaks.

I have not combusted yet and been upto 380 but works best for me at 340 and even when I heat soaked it by accident for a few minutes it never combusted.

So so happy with this vape and the other thing to say is this. I never ever used a vape threw water before using this, I always just ran it dry threw the bong as felt was missing something and not getting as high. Just with this it is so hot you need to run it threw water and am glad of it as its so much nicer and better on your teeth mouth and lungs.

fcuser1047

So late in the day I thought mine wasn't going to ship. Was just checking the status page and got the tracking email. Bubbler, bowl set and guard. Can't wait, the sticking metal bowl is my only complaint with the screwball. First ball vape, but feel I made a good choice.

fcuser1047,
Reactions: TedJones

AndyO

I also got tracking info today, so that's great.

They seem to be putting in some hours to clear the backlog, but they're also making sure to post about it on instagram frequently so people know...

Cmon cut the guy some slack, Cal has been dropping heat left and right this year. Sometimes new products take a bit to get going, stock wise. Isnt it a first run? Waiting sucks I get it, but really refund/or not buy from Vapvana ever again instead of wait another week or so? I mean that's borderline comical, no other vapes to tap back into for nostalgia for that week? Sheesh 🙄

People are allowed to have service standards, especially if/when they were (and still are) early adopters of a largely unproven product. As a business you have to look after those people, we're the ones who've been selling their product for them with our reviews! It's certainly not their shitty memes selling product.

The company set themselves up for failure every time they prioritise instagram rubbish over replying to customers by email or here on FC. As I alluded to previously, that's your basic comms plan, completely abandoned. No comms plan in the world prioritises memes over email correspondence from your most loyal early adopters, or publicly ignoring correspondence having decided to create an FC account to promote the product.

I think we've cut them plenty of slack, we've been hearing "one more week" for a month now up until today's shipping notification. You shouldn't treat your customers like that. Especially when they've "pre-ordered" in good faith and can see them available at stores that would've gotten it to them faster.

As good as the Screwball is, as successful as it appears to be here and on Reddit, it's still a very new start-up, and every pre-order (at this stage) is still a leap of faith that is backed up by nothing. To prioritise your retail partners over your loyal customers who've been along for the ride since the start (or close to)? I feel we deserve better than that. If you don't agree, that's fine too.

I said this is probably my last order from Vapvana, and you said that was "borderline comical".

But why would I ever put my money on the line months in advance ever again knowing that I will probably be able to get it earlier from a retailer?

Mickk

Just a little update, it's been 6 days now and still no response from Vapvana concerning my broken 18mm glass post to the micro bowl. I've reached out multiple times. Trying to be patient but I'm annoyed. :(
Did you try reaching out via Instagram direct message? He seems to be pretty active there

Mickk,

MTpromises

lol their customer service department is Cal with a different hat on. It seems pretty par for course from reading the threads for gophase3 or Cloud Connoisseur for one man outfits to have communication issues.

To prioritise your retail partners over your loyal customers who've been along for the ride since the start (or close to)? I feel we deserve better than that. If you don't agree, that's fine too.

This is a pretty big assumption and could easily be a logistics issue. I really wouldn't be surprised if the EU retailer got the shipment directly from China and they were already packaged with the new bowls.

TedJones

My order arrived a day early too (nice being in a close by state)! The bubbler is fantastic. Great diffusion and cooling. The base is Huge (over 5 inches). Can't imagine this rocking or tipping ever. Mouthpiece turned out awesome! Flared style, but convex instead of traditional concave. Very comfortable to wrap the lips around :D The bowl is also Huge! Basically a pass through with (large) bowl mounted on it. Surprised by the smaller 14mm joint but it works well for adding some restriction for extracting. Very smooth, less chance of coughing .. so far!

Here's a couple of pulls with a bit more than a screen cover loaded. I bumped up by 8 degrees than norm for the glass and distance:
A longer youtube sesh with a mostly full bowl and my first go at it. Probably could have gone hotter with a stir somewhere but wow :rockon:

Mr.Grumpy

Thumbs up for the Micro Hybrid Bowl! It rocks! I lowered my temps as it seems to be more efficient at extraction. Little bit harder to load with the smaller opening, but I just need to find the right scoop. This should be the default for set, with an optional full bowl!

Mickk

Going Wireless​

If you haven’t already heard, the Screwball is going wireless, and we are in the process of testing the first prototype.

Wireless-Screwball-Stand.jpg

If testing goes well, we hope to launch a pre-order within the next 6 months.
From "the next 6 months" to ACE being live: https://vapvana.com/products/ace

I had not ordered the Screwball if I had known this was so close to being released

AndyO

That's so frustrating when you live on the other side of the world, when you've waited a month for your order to ship... and then the next piece I want is available less than a week later.

I've been hanging out for their glass bowl since it was announced. But the shipping is twice the cost of the bowl.

edit: having looked into it a bit more closely, the Ace itself is pretty intriguing. I've never really felt the need for a wireless ball vape - I tend to think they're great if you need it for space, portability or physical reasons, but if you don't need it, it's a bit of an expensive gimmick. But I've been looking into some sort of e-nail/banger solution, and the vape ban in Australia makes it harder to get one of these than it should be (given an e-nail isn't a vape.)

I'm about to start pressing my own rosin, so whether or not I go through with the Ace kit probably depends on how I go making rosin and using it in my Puffco. Their 100-day return policy makes it a little more appealing - but again, when we're almost completely antipodean to each other, it's not overly convenient.

Last edited:
Top Bottom