The Screwball by Vapvana

Walter Bishop

Anyone else receive their hybrid bowls yet?

Mine came in right before the weekend. Loving them so far. Super easy to swap the glass out. And I'm especially stoked to be able to use my 14mm pieces again. Also, the microdose bowl is a really good size for solo sessions. Another cool side effect is they don't get your glass (the joint really) nearly as hot as an all Ti bowl does.

Well done Vapvana!

I've had the hybrid bowls for a bit now, and I love them but am having a hard time separating the glass adapters from the titanium bowl housing. They're a very snug fit, and I'm sure the o-rings will loosen over time, but has anyone else had issues? I broke the neck off the 18mm adapter and since getting that cleaned out I've just stuck with the same adapters in each bowl for fear of breaking another during a swap.

Anyone have any suggestions or experience?

Dumbstupid

I've had the hybrid bowls for a bit now, and I love them but am having a hard time separating the glass adapters from the titanium bowl housing. They're a very snug fit, and I'm sure the o-rings will loosen over time, but has anyone else had issues? I broke the neck off the 18mm adapter and since getting that cleaned out I've just stuck with the same adapters in each bowl for fear of breaking another during a swap.

YES! I can't even get the ones that came with the bowls out, both the micro bowl and stock bowl. I feel like I'm gonna break them with how hard I'm pushing/pulling these things. Luckily, the bowls fit my piece but I don't think it should be this hard. Maybe we got defective ones?Maybe there's a trick to it we don't know? I did message the Vapvana team on their website when I got home tonight but it was too late for an instant reply. Hopefully they will get back to me tomorrow.

TedJones

@CumuloTerpene @Dumbstupid I get a couple drops of soapy water on the underside where the glass meets the metal and you can see that bottom oring. For the full bowl, finger through the top to help push, then rock back and forth pulling on the joint with the other hand. End of wood brush works good for pushing in the smaller bowl.

Was pretty concerned too when first attempting :uhoh:

AndyO

Anyone else receive their hybrid bowls yet?

Still waiting for mine to ship :(

I thought I bought the set early enough that I'd be in the first shipment, but obviously I wasn't, then I decided to add the new head and coil protector as well, which probably adds even more time.

DanTay

Still waiting for mine to ship :(

I thought I bought the set early enough that I'd be in the first shipment, but obviously I wasn't, then I decided to add the new head and coil protector as well, which probably adds even more time.
me to purchased 3rd July (overseas) so we are getting left to last, hope it is soon

Choker

I kept adding to my order as I saw the accessories. I have the glass the hybrid set and the heat shield so I guess all will turn up at once.
Australia here.

Walter Bishop

So as I'd mentioned, I've only had them on hand for about a week. But they are indeed super tight, especially after using non stop though the weekend. I noticed wiggling doesn't work well, neither does attempting to pull them straight out. But here's what I've been doing that seems to work pretty well, and keeps you from putting stress on the thinner section between the "cup" and joint.

-Make a fist, insert the glass joint into the top of your fist, inserted by your thumb and forefinger right until the Ti is touching your hand. Hold it firmly.

-Position it so the handle is protruding straight forward.

-With your left hand, cup the Ti bowl, and position the fingers of your left hand under the handle. Basically push your palm into the top of the bowl, your fingers are now under the handle.

-Twist your right hand forward while simultaneously rolling your left hand/fingers toward yourself. That should "break the seal" if you will, and then you can remove the joint with little force.

Last edited:

Dronuggz

Got the new micro does bowl, second day having it I tried to remove the 18mm post to clean, was so stuck in place so firmly that it snapped clean in half. I ended up having to take a hammer an nail to shatter out the glass stuck inside the Ti housing. Swapped out the o-rings and put the 14mm post in but man.

I reached out to Vapvana concerning this, after 2 days one Rupert got back to me telling me to try to push out the post with the bottom of the scoop. I told them that I had already shattered it out and asked for a replacement 18mm post and a spare of o-rings, they've ghosted me so far, it's been 3 days with no reply. Why are these so hard to remove? Isn't that something that would be incredibly easy to test?

Arbornaut

me to purchased 3rd July (overseas) so we are getting left to last, hope it is soon
We are definitely being left last, but I think it should be soon and within the next couple of weeks. I ordered the bowl bundle and the bubbler and accessories, and since I am in Canada it will all be shipped to me in one package, which is a good thing imo. The last update about the orders mentioned that international orders that include the bubbler will be shipped at the end of August when the Bubbler is estimated to be ready to ship. On the website it looks like the bubblers are ready since it’s no longer a “preorder”, so hopefully that means very soon! 🤞🏻

AndyO

Got the new micro does bowl, second day having it I tried to remove the 18mm post to clean, was so stuck in place so firmly that it snapped clean in half. I ended up having to take a hammer an nail to shatter out the glass stuck inside the Ti housing. Swapped out the o-rings and put the 14mm post in but man.

I reached out to Vapvana concerning this, after 2 days one Rupert got back to me telling me to try to push out the post with the bottom of the scoop. I told them that I had already shattered it out and asked for a replacement 18mm post and a spare of o-rings, they've ghosted me so far, it's been 3 days with no reply. Why are these so hard to remove? Isn't that something that would be incredibly easy to test?

Their customer "service" is easily Vapvana's biggest weakness. I've also sent emails regarding outstanding orders that they just never replied to. They don't answer questions here, when comms 101 suggests you need to if you've taken the decision to create a presence here. (No one forced them to come to FC and promote their product, that was part of a comms and marketing plan that they came up with but have seemingly abandoned/stopped enacting - or maybe it just didn't go this far into the product life cycle.)

It kind of shits me every time I see a new "meme" that they've posted on insta, because they're never funny, and because they've chosen to spend time on and prioritise that rubbish meme over and above replying to customer enquiries. As someone who has worked a lot in comms and marketing - including in spaces with a big reliance on social media - it's so wild to me.

The Screwball is an amazing product, so I hope they decide to place some value on customer service very soon. A lot of great products have died because the people behind them couldn't sustain them through lack of money, through lack of knowledge, or through prioritising their money and knowledge towards the wrong goals.

Arbornaut

Dang the glass joint getting stuck in the titanium is concerning and something I wondered about. I even watched Lee the tabletopbong guy review them on youtube, and I remember when he was taking one out to show how “easy” it is to swap, you could tell how hard he was pulling, and when that force was released he almost smashed it on the table with it still in his hand (ouch) but it didn’t break luckily. He didn’t call that out and just kept going tho, so he could have at least mentioned that it was more of a struggle than he was letting on.

I don’t have one yet but has anyone tried a firm twisting motion of the joint while pulling at the same time? Or that in combination with a little warm soapy water? I wonder if they still work with just one O-ring instead of two, which may make it easier?

jbm

I ordered the hybrid bowl bundle some time ago, right after I saw some people here getting them free with their new heater orders, which I hadn’t gotten. I added a coil guard a couple weeks ago. I’ve heard and gotten nothing. Not at all pleased.

EasyVape

Still waiting to receive my bowl bundle tracking info. I placed my order for the hybrid bundle June 22 (I'm in the US).

EasyVape,

Arbornaut

I just found this update that was posted a few days ago on August 8th for anyone else wondering about the hybrid bowls.

Unfortunately we are behind schedule one more week. If you haven't received a tracking # yet, your order is expected to ship out by 8/17.​

(If you'd prefer not to wait, please click the 'support' button on our website to request a refund)

• Screwball kits are on the the way to us
    • We are receiving enough kits for all outstanding orders.
    • We are still waiting for a tracking number, but expect to receive these early next week.
  • Hybrid bowls & bundles are expected to ship to us early next week.
    • Our estimated timelines have been inaccurate due to this being our first production run of the bowls.
    • There are more components involved than previously (o-rings + glass joints), so it has been a challenge streamlining the production process.
    • The hybrid bowl bundle was discounted because this is a pre-order, and timelines may be delayed.
  • Bubblers are expected to arrive early next week.
  • Bubblers will ship with any other outstanding orders you have
  • Coil guards + other accessories will ship with your whole order
    • We are expecting to have all the remaining items in next week, and will ship everything together.
Thank you again for your patience, we are working hard to get caught up on pre-orders ASAP! -Vapvana Team

Rodney

Dang the glass joint getting stuck in the titanium is concerning and something I wondered about. I even watched Lee the tabletopbong guy review them on youtube, and I remember when he was taking one out to show how “easy” it is to swap, you could tell how hard he was pulling, and when that force was released he almost smashed it on the table with it still in his hand (ouch) but it didn’t break luckily. He didn’t call that out and just kept going tho, so he could have at least mentioned that it was more of a struggle than he was letting on.

I don’t have one yet but has anyone tried a firm twisting motion of the joint while pulling at the same time? Or that in combination with a little warm soapy water? I wonder if they still work with just one O-ring instead of two, which may make it easier?

it will come apart much much easier if you do it right after using it. The only thing is you will need a glove or piece of tissue or something so you do not burn your hand on the hot bowl.

AndyO

I'd love an update on the glass diffuser head bowl as well, they said at the end of June that they thought they were a month away. It's obviously been longer than that already.

Lighthanded

I find it strange RVS in UK has stock of hybrid bowls and coil guards before pre orders went out for those waiting on them alone.

Yeah i get the preorder pricing nature and all but with these weekly push backs i find it frustrating when international retailers have them despite the conflicting problems detailed in status updates...

Lighthanded,

Arbornaut

Yeah they have been posting that "one more week" notice for many weeks now.
Sorry about that. I saw the previous updates but since I hadn’t seen the newest one until then I thought I’d share what it says in case it is helpful to anyone.

Edit: it is not helpful tho and I understand that now. 👍🏻

I find it strange RVS in UK has stock of hybrid bowls and coil guards before pre orders went out for those waiting on them alone.

Yeah i get the preorder pricing nature and all but with these weekly push backs i find it frustrating when international retailers have them despite the conflicting problems detailed in status updates...
WTF I just noticed everything is available at a big Canadian retailer now too. I could have gotten everything by now and for the same prices even. I saved some money with the Bundle deal, but with shipping and duties it is nullified. The main reason I preordered was to get it earlier, so I’m going to try and get a refund I think

AndyO

WTF I just noticed everything is available at a big Canadian retailer now too. I could have gotten everything by now and for the same prices even. I saved some money with the Bundle deal, but with shipping and duties it is nullified. The main reason I preordered was to get it earlier, so I’m going to try and get a refund I think

They've just posted to their insta stories that a bunch of orders are going out today and tomorrow.

I haven't looked into who already has stock, but I'm also stunned that "pre-ordering" didn't result in us getting them first, while they were coming up with excuses about why they didn't have/couldn't get stock.

I love the Screwball, but I'm starting to think this will be my last Vapvana purchase.

VASked_Avenger!

Cmon cut the guy some slack, Cal has been dropping heat left and right this year. Sometimes new products take a bit to get going, stock wise. Isnt it a first run? Waiting sucks I get it, but really refund/or not buy from Vapvana ever again instead of wait another week or so? I mean that's borderline comical, no other vapes to tap back into for nostalgia for that week? Sheesh 🙄

Top Bottom