The Screwball by Vapvana

AndyO

Here are some links to my latest Instagram videos regarding the updated Screwball heater design.

It makes a night and day different in vapor production through coil to thermal mass. All about dem fluid dynamics!

Updated Heater Unboxing

Updated Heater Installation

Updated Heater Demo

Thanks for sharing the vids man. I hadn't really seen anyone do an in-depth comparison, and your observations about airflow kind of stunned me - I think the original head is perfect, and I couldn't imagine that the new head wouldn't decrease airflow, so I didn't bother.

edit: Just noticed that the new head is no longer available on the website. Cal @Vapvana these will be back at some point, right? I have bowls coming this week, but I'd really like to be able to get a new head, a coil guard, and maybe the new glass bowl that you've previously posted all at once.

Last edited:

Choker

Has anyone tried the BL Bubbler? The price seems good with the glass bowl included but I have had my eye on another from cheap DHglass.
Would appreciate anyone’s feedback. My current rig wants to tip over easily with SB.

TedJones

Has anyone tried the BL Bubbler? The price seems good with the glass bowl included but I have had my eye on another from cheap DHglass.
Would appreciate anyone’s feedback. My current rig wants to tip over easily with SB.
Don’t think they’ve arrived in the states yet but I have one on order. Looks really promising even without a function video. And yea, good price!

VASked_Avenger!

Ordered the Big League bubbler, new hybrid bowl, coil guard, and a mini spoon. Love that the bub comes w/ the glass bowl that has pass-through, preorder really feels like a solid deal! I was tempted to get the micro bowl, but not being a microdoser really I passed. Im still interested in the "one shot kill" efficiency of it, and for making up a truly tasty sandwich one and done hit. Maybe I should order it while still $20 off retail... Just didn't know if I need the OG, glass bowl, hybrid bowl, and new micro..Anyone really fancy the microbowl specifically? It's probably great with the Pinch Hitter especially, which I don't have yet 🤷‍♂️

purplenurple24

Has Cal said anything about doing a burn off on the new bowls? Just got my hybrid bundle in yesterday and noticed there’s quite a bit of grease on the o rings and on the glass that goes inside the bowl piece. I’m just not sure if that stuff is concerning or not. I cleaned the glass side with iso and water. Not sure if I should do anything else or even be worried about the lubricant grease.

purplenurple24,

TedJones

Has Cal said anything about doing a burn off on the new bowls? Just got my hybrid bundle in yesterday and noticed there’s quite a bit of grease on the o rings and on the glass that goes inside the bowl piece. I’m just not sure if that stuff is concerning or not. I cleaned the glass side with iso and water. Not sure if I should do anything else or even be worried about the lubricant grease.
Should be good with the iso & rinse 👍 I just did a soap bath before using.

purplenurple24

Entire bowl. Then used a blow dryer so I could use right away!
Thanks for the follow up. I just soaked everything in soap and water and now I’m “drying” them with the screwball set to 600°. Figure most of the water should evaporate and any residual stuff should burn off. Seems to be working well enough so far 😂

The blow dryer is probably the better drying method, but I didn’t think of that. Next time

purplenurple24,
Reactions: TedJones

I'veDoneItWrong

Received my Screwball a few days ago; my first ball vape, coming from a Mighty+ and a Dynavap. The half bowl setting at 475 slaps hard. More effects than combustion, barely even roasts the flower past a golden brown. I settled in at 460 and I'm loving the convenience of heating up the head for 15-20 mins then having on demand amazing hits all night long. Coil guard works great to prevent accidental burns, and the coil/head is cooled down for storage within 15 minutes of turning off. All around amazing device, 10/10.

TedJones

Received my Screwball a few days ago; my first ball vape, coming from a Mighty+ and a Dynavap. The half bowl setting at 475 slaps hard. More effects than combustion, barely even roasts the flower past a golden brown. I settled in at 460 and I'm loving the convenience of heating up the head for 15-20 mins then having on demand amazing hits all night long. Coil guard works great to prevent accidental burns, and the coil/head is cooled down for storage within 15 minutes of turning off. All around amazing device, 10/10.
Awesome :tup: Quite an addition to what you have. What kind of glass are you using/liking with it?

Arbornaut

I pre-ordered the hybrid bowl bundle, coil guard, and the bubbler.

I just saw the update on the previous thread page. I’m in Canada, so that means I am international and I will be sent everything together when the bubbler is ready? That works!

I’m excited to try the new bowls and bubbler! It all looks great 🙌🏻

Rodney

The Royal mail delivered it to the wrong postage depot so now i must ait until tomorrow to get it. I am happy still just as long as it is here tomorrow I am happy.

gmocooties

How confident are you on it getting through customs in Oz? (I'm also in Oz)

I am in Oz also wondering about customs I hope it is not labeled as a vape product.

I've ordered several vapes from overseas since the law changes and have had zero problems. Obviously the risk of customs snagging it is always there, but I doubt they're even looking for dry herb devices tbh - especially ones that aren't electronic portables (I'd definitely feel less comfortable ordering something like a Mighty from overseas).

Basically, anything torch or coil-powered shouldn't have any issues imo. Especially torch-powered vapes, as they aren't even included in the new legislation (everyone's Tempests should be fine :)). Most sellers are happy to exclude words like 'vaporizer' on any paperwork too if you ask.

Top Bottom