Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

OF

What's the problem with BHO?

My guess is the danger? Some guys don't live in rentals.

Some have something else to live for. Or so I'm told.

Low vapor pressure stuff like ISO is much easier to deal with. Dry ice more so.

I prefer BHO. ISO has too many impurities.

Interesting idea. True about the product, but when you consider the solvents themselves just the opposite is true I think? Pure ISO (and water) is very easy to come by, pure Butane impossible?

OF

OF,

Darb

My guess is the danger? Some guys don't live in rentals.

Some have something else to live for. Or so I'm told.

Low vapor pressure stuff like ISO is much easier to deal with. Dry ice more so.

Interesting idea. True about the product, but when you consider the solvents themselves just the opposite is true I think? Pure ISO (and water) is very easy to come by, pure Butane impossible?

OF

Ok. I thought maybe the op just didn't like BHO for some reason.

"Some guys don't live in rentals"
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be referring to me but I make BHO on my own property. Safely.

Darb,

OF

Ok. I thought maybe the op just didn't like BHO for some reason.

"Some guys don't live in rentals"
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be referring to me but I make BHO on my own property. Safely.

Could well be, like I said I'm only guessing. Can't speak for him.

OF

OF,
I don't think the air will ever get close to 1200 degrees. How long does it take to 400 to vape bud? In fact, the general 'never expose Borosilicate glass to for more than a minute or two' temperature is about 900F so the air can never get heated past that on the 'inside' no matter.

It's a thermodynamic thing. Heat flow and all that. Heat has to flow from the heater through the glass faster than it flows away (to the load) for it to get hotter. Bender, as made, is working hard to make 400F inside when 'pumped' by 1200F.

Wow, that's some sentence all right.

From here it sounds to me like a bad battery. What happens when you use the 18650 from the kit (aside from not getting hot enough to vape well).

OF
OF i need some help since u know alot about persei's

well i live in ga so its hard to get oils up here anyways i just bought .5 for 35$ and filled it in the 5ohm cart that comes with the persei which battery should i use and whats the best way to smoke it so i conserve it and approximately how long will this last me?

the last persei,

DubCRider

McLovin is correct. If you want to conserve keep the 3.7v battery in there, 7.4v will blow through your product fast.

DubCRider,
Reactions: OF

OF

well i live in ga so its hard to get oils up here anyways i just bought .5 for 35$ and filled it in the 5ohm cart that comes with the persei which battery should i use and whats the best way to smoke it so i conserve it and approximately how long will this last me?

As usual, TRM is quick with the hot poop. Sound advice, worth considering IMO. For sure do the prime at 3.7 Volts.

If the goal is conservation I suggest you try to vape at 3.7 Volts as well. Keeping the temperature down will stretch the concentrate and avoid 'buring' it which seems to not only foul the taste some but IMO lessens the potency (breaks down the THC I think?). If you do have to go to 7.4 to get useful vapor, I'd pulse the power (a few seconds on at a time at most) until you get 'just enough'. Handled carefully I think 200 hits from your half gram is a quite realistic goal. You might not get there since some will be retained in the wick when it slows up; the next half gram will 'all come out' and hit count will go up a fair bit. Remember, best to not try to squeeze a few more rips out when it runs low, leaks are almost sure to follow and you'll cook what you don't vape out. Put it down and add another half gram when you can.

Not knowing how thick or thin (or other details) of the concentrate, cooldown by pulling air through after the power is cut can also help by keeping clogs and leaks at bay.

It's funny, having such a neat way to use it frugally gets a guy to looking at expensive concentrates differently. There's more THC available there than in several grams of prime bud (basically nothing is left behind in ABV). Can lead to a guy being on the look out for more in no time.

Best wishes with your new toy.

McLovin is correct. If you want to conserve keep the 3.7v battery in there, 7.4v will blow through your product fast.

Note 'the man' did suggest once primed shifting to 7.4, I suggest holding off on that if at all possible which I think DubC is as well?

In all fairness he did say "can" not 'should', but I think it's best avoided if possible. The clear key is to prime at low voltage in all cases. Even when you're awash with concentrates.

OF

OF,

tharealmclovin

I actually prefer 6 volt over 7.4 but if you don't have the batteries be careful with 7.4. Like OF said. I do 2 seconds on and 3 seconds off with 7.4. While inhaling the whole time.

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: OF

darkrom

Great Scott!
What's the problem with BHO?

I'm apparently EXTREMELY sensitive to it. Using a vapor genie or something leaves sores in my mouth etc and makes me feel sick. It happens 100% of the time when using any butane near anything I inhale, and has never happened ONCE on a day I haven't used a butane based product. No I'm not saying BHO isn't safe, it just really really doesn't get along with me at all. Its a shame, but I don't trust it 100% anyway (would you in my case?) so I just pass.

Iso oil + more often cart purchases would be acceptable to me.

I think I need to just show someone else the oil videos or something and have them make me so ISO. I follow the guides to the T but somehow screw up. The mystery chef guide is the best, and I know EXACTLY what to do, but I always end up with pure black shit oil, get disgusted/discouraged, forget about the oil, and come back to a nice pyrex dish full of mold when I leave it out for weeks and never feel like dealing with it. See why I want to just buy my own oil?

Is it possible to get nice greenish or anything but black oil when using ABV? I've always been too scared to waste fresh buds to attempt to make oil with them, but maybe I should give that a shot when the persei shows up tomorrow or the next day?

What do you think the least amount of plant (dry headies most likely but I'll know soon :) ) I can use is? I know not to expect much, but lets say I want to make just enough oil to test out my persei...whats the LOW end of that? Can I make oil from a gram and get a small fraction of a gram? Too little for the persei? 2 grams of bud perhaps? Should evap quick too so win win for practice reasons.

I'll be honest, I didn't even look up how to use the persei when I ordered it. I got it 100% for the bender, but now I'm thinking I want to take the persei for a spin since it'll be a while before the bender ships. Was it oct 5 IF we are lucky? I'd certainly be more patient with a nice cart of oil to test it with, so maybe I'll do some more research. I'm just worried I'll get my hopes up and still end up without oil.

Darb

I'm apparently EXTREMELY sensitive to it. Using a vapor genie or something leaves sores in my mouth etc and makes me feel sick. It happens 100% of the time when using any butane near anything I inhale, and has never happened ONCE on a day I haven't used a butane based product. No I'm not saying BHO isn't safe, it just really really doesn't get along with me at all. Its a shame, but I don't trust it 100% anyway (would you in my case?) so I just pass.

Iso oil + more often cart purchases would be acceptable to me.

That's too bad. Maybe an allergy of some sort??
What about BHO redissolved in ISO then winterized and filtered?
Might cut down on the unpleasant reaction? Just a guess.
The product you end up with doesn't foul Persei carts too bad for me.

Darb,

darkrom

Great Scott!
That's too bad. Maybe an allergy of some sort??
What about BHO redissolved in ISO then winterized and filtered?
Might cut down on the unpleasant reaction? Just a guess.
The product you end up with doesn't foul Persei carts too bad for me.

Could be an allergy but I've never had issues being around butane in general, and even my iolite never caused the slightest issue with its butane being vented into the atmosphere. Its only in butane lighter vapes, and the ONE time we had some nice BHO (clearly not home made, at least not in my area) it made me feel sick as hell on top of the normal hash effects. It was a real bummer.

That plus the anxiety in me still feels like somehow a home made ISO wash is going to be a purer product than a home made BHO run. That may not be true at all in a lab, but for a home run isn't this quite possible? Doesn't more or less any butane available to a consumer have contaminates in it? I guess I just don't know enough yet being a non medical state and only seeing oil made in kitchens and backyards.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Persei coming tomorrow.

So I have a drinking glass with lets say 1/6th full of iso that I soak my cloud stainless steel screens in to clean them. I've been reusing this iso for a bit now with nothing else ever getting in it. Can I just evap this and load it into the cart? Like I said its not like I have any other oil to try, and if we pass legalization in Nov I'll order quite a few carts. But until then would this work?

darkrom,
As usual, TRM is quick with the hot poop. Sound advice, worth considering IMO. For sure do the prime at 3.7 Volts.

If the goal is conservation I suggest you try to vape at 3.7 Volts as well. Keeping the temperature down will stretch the concentrate and avoid 'buring' it which seems to not only foul the taste some but IMO lessens the potency (breaks down the THC I think?). If you do have to go to 7.4 to get useful vapor, I'd pulse the power (a few seconds on at a time at most) until you get 'just enough'. Handled carefully I think 200 hits from your half gram is a quite realistic goal. You might not get there since some will be retained in the wick when it slows up; the next half gram will 'all come out' and hit count will go up a fair bit. Remember, best to not try to squeeze a few more rips out when it runs low, leaks are almost sure to follow and you'll cook what you don't vape out. Put it down and add another half gram when you can.

Not knowing how thick or thin (or other details) of the concentrate, cooldown by pulling air through after the power is cut can also help by keeping clogs and leaks at bay.

It's funny, having such a neat way to use it frugally gets a guy to looking at expensive concentrates differently. There's more THC available there than in several grams of prime bud (basically nothing is left behind in ABV). Can lead to a guy being on the look out for more in no time.

Best wishes with your new toy.

Note 'the man' did suggest once primed shifting to 7.4, I suggest holding off on that if at all possible which I think DubC is as well?

In all fairness he did say "can" not 'should', but I think it's best avoided if possible. The clear key is to prime at low voltage in all cases. Even when you're awash with concentrates.

OF
i tried vaping at 3.7v but omg i just wouldnt get like any vapor..but whenever i use the 7.4 i just hold it down for like 2 seconds then start inhaling while hllding it down for another 4 seconds and i get pretty fat rips any idea of how many of these ill be getting? you said 200 were you talking about 3.7v or 7.2

the last persei,

tharealmclovin

The 7.4s go about twice as fast for me. So maybe he meant 7.4 gets 200

The 3.7 volt in the beginning was just to make sure the wick was soaked before we went full blast with the 7.4. If you run those dry for even a second you could kill your cart.

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys please return your HVD Top and Battery Tube only, please do not send in the bottom cap. We will replace the top and tube to get a matching unit.

Please ship your unit to:

D9V
16742 Stagg St #103
Van Nuys CA 91406

Please follow instructions. Include your information for return shippin, please make sure we can read it.

The 3.7 volt in the beginning was just to make sure the wick was soaked before we went full blast with the 7.4. If you run those dry for even a second you could kill your cart.
shit i ran those dry the other day is that why i cant see light inside the cart anymore/???

the last persei,

OF

i tried vaping at 3.7v but omg i just wouldnt get like any vapor..but whenever i use the 7.4 i just hold it down for like 2 seconds then start inhaling while hllding it down for another 4 seconds and i get pretty fat rips any idea of how many of these ill be getting? you said 200 were you talking about 3.7v or 7.2

Yup, it depends a lot on the concentrate and what you consider enough. Which is why I said to try to vape at 3.7. As you've found, 7.4 will do the job, but takes extra care. TRM continues his winning string of great advice, two is probably a realistic factor, look for about 100 hits (depending on how hard you lean on the button)?

Also be very mindful of his warning about running dry. At 3.7 you might get away with some minor abuse, with 7.4 it's probably going to be junk before you know it......with .2 grams or so of your goods still inside... Keep track of it.

OF

Yup, it depends a lot on the concentrate and what you consider enough. Which is why I said to try to vape at 3.7. As you've found, 7.4 will do the job, but takes extra care. TRM continues his winning string of great advice, two is probably a realistic factor, look for about 100 hits (depending on how hard you lean on the button)?

Also be very mindful of his warning about running dry. At 3.7 you might get away with some minor abuse, with 7.4 it's probably going to be junk before you know it......with .2 grams or so of your goods still inside... Keep track of it.

OF
i cant see the yellow light anymore :( is that a bad thing

the last persei,
Top Bottom