Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Definitely use less than that a day. A cap (.5) lasts about a week or two in the omi carts (which has been said to lose about .2?? Citation needed?) But can PG be dripped straight in the hole and then close it up for the day or two? Or does it have to be used then and there? And is it sealed with a silicon ring (or other material). As someone said a few posts ago d-limonene bloats up some of those materials (just dont want to replace parts :p)

Thanks OF. Gotta get rid of the old Evo cart before getting anymore TV products. No more solids here. Only the gold.

I mentioned that limonene eats silicone. Teflon/PFTE is fine (but not as inexpensive, or as flexible as fluorinated rubber).

How much a DART can hold is a matter is how much you want to abuse your batteries and possibly the oil. The past two weeks, when I go out I've been loading 1/4 to 1/3 g, which definitely floods the unit - It take much longer to heat up and tastes a bit burnt by the end, but still doesn't leak! BTW. This is a "dirty" oil that immediately fouled two Omi carts AND I've only been doing this because I've had to be relatively far away from home most of several days.

For the best taste (and battery life), follow OF's well repeated "load small and often" is absolutely correct - It sounds like you'll be able to follow that advice pretty easily (sorry, but I just consume too much, and whatever I inhale is small compared to other methods of ingestion).

BTW. Butane in a freezer, like any volatile flammable fluid is "just a matter of time". In a can, you'd probably be OK, but I wouldn't try it (imagine a summer power outage, the can warms, then the power comes on and the ice maker motor sparks.
At best, you might be lucky).

-NDA

OF

Definitely use less than that a day. A cap (.5) lasts about a week or two in the omi carts (which has been said to lose about .2?? Citation needed?) But can PG be dripped straight in the hole and then close it up for the day or two? Or does it have to be used then and there? And is it sealed with a silicon ring (or other material). As someone said a few posts ago d-limonene bloats up some of those materials (just dont want to replace parts :p)

No worries then. Drip a bit in (or just dip the tip of the DART and let it drain down as it's designed to) and vape it at your leisure. It soaks into a ceramic sponge and is held there until the lot gets heated up. Even when flooded there's no silicone rubber in the unit, everything is metal or ceramic except a tiny PTFE (Teflon) button at the very bottom insulating the pin. Concentrate should never get this low, and if it does PTFE is just fine with it.

It is guaranteed to work with PG. While the core part (heater element) is only warrantied for 3 months, but basic body should fall under the lifetime warranty. Noting is going to swell up, leak, clog or cause the problems you're fighting now.

Not to worry. It's the right tool for you sounds like.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Anyone got comments on puregold with this? No idea what its crafted of, or if it works well. Its polycarbonate material and silica wick. All in all is it a better choice to do the omicron carts or this?
two hits of PURE GOLD is very good medicine.
Plus there is no learning curve.
Plug and Play!
$9.99 cheap and effective.

ataxian,

kittyboy

i took Of advice and bought the dart evolution setup. not too impressed with herb cart as it small and not getting it to be efficient with out burning my hand heating the thing up. I got the 6 v setup. The dart has been a learning curve as it seems no matter how much I put in i only get one or 2 hits from it... So i have been Putting in just enough for one hit is cool if u have way to carry oil around etc. I have not put a big amount in as I got the burn taste pretty quick. Like in the omni carts. wondering if I need to clean it and start over to get better taste..... I just not finding either one to work as good as my T swing vape but that is with torch and one drop at a time.
The omni cart when i have gotten it to work seems to still be the best for amount loaded decent tast and lasting for a few days if you dont miss use it or clog it etc.

I found using anything like a heat gun or hot light on outside of cart works best for filling vs torch or lighter. u just heat it too hot that way.....
Of has good advice he seems to have gotten pass the learning curve on these toys and his advice is well taken. I thank him for his perspective on these new and untested technologies.... Too much for me to take in and make educated decision so I look to folks like OF for there opinions and advice.

OF i do hope both Delta and TV send you a nice royalty check for the great customer service you perform.

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Kitty. Had gotten the Evo SV months ago and hated it. Had great tasye and all but really didnt work up to its ability via Persei. OF later helped out with some info and the Evo SV cart is MUCH better used on TV stuff. They definitely have a great idea, but personally sticking with one unit is what its about. So the LV version may have been a better choice (for the Evo cart that is). Those little green batteries just couldnt push hard enough. Regardless. The LV dart will be ordered, again, as soon as the SV evo is gone. Trying not to have a "collection".

One unit, one concentrate. With that there really is no messing up.

As for goldmist and the gold caps. Gold caps are massively effective. But have a upcome time and massive peak/plateau. Too intense personally and for specific uses really. For someone who needs immediate medication, its not very effective. Puregold is quickest in and quickest off. The Mist is nice but burns like any alcohol style spray. Its the middle ground of goldcaps and puregold. Medium upcome, medium peak/plateau, still just as effective (more like an edible effect though). Good for near instant use and length. Again, puregold is still probably the best for users who need instant medication. Its worth the investment. Havent seen the Puregold Plus yet, just original puregold with d-limonene. Puregold plus has other flavinoids. (Puregold plus is deep amber colored, whereas puregold classic is the classic yellow. Both have everything the same including d-limonene, plus just has more flavors in it. Tetralabs says so!)

Definitely the best oil (if to even be called that), thats been used. Wish they gave porquiplane a royalty check (ehhmm, supply).

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
ok guys i dreamed this up last night.... let me know what you think:

imagine a bender with a healthstone for concentrates.

start with the persei with 1200 hammer,
then make the lower piece of the bender that attaches to the persei (glass tube inside of a glass tube that fits over the hammer with vent holes for the air path)
then instead of a chamber for herbs you just make a chamber that can fit a healthstone inside,
with a male ground glass joint on the healthstone chamber, so you can fit a female glass on glass joint over top of the healthstone chamber,
attach a mouthpiece to the female joint that slides over the healthstone chamber.

you now have a glass on glass oil vape with no wires/wicks/etc touching your oil.
this should account for all types of extracts and eliminate the butane issue with the healthstone.
if only i owned a persei and hammer..... what are you guys opinions?
im in LA with a torch until sunday the 30th if anyone wants to give this a try

jambandphan03

in flavor country
someone might have to repost that message soflo just left into G's inbox, he's on vacation right now, not sure if he's reading any of this.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
thanks guys! and i have not heard of the digital healthstone, ill have to do some research... im a florida guy that just happens to be visiting out here in cali land. hit me up if any of you want to meet up, ill be here until sunday.

Soflo,

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
holy crap! that e-nail from highly educated retails for $800 and is out of stock.... i definatly need to get a prototype worked up of this thing!

Soflo,

OF

imagine a bender with a healthstone for concentrates.

Interesting idea, but if I understand the process right I think physics is against you.

In normal use you torch the concentrate, right? It sinks into the stone a bit but the fire is right there causing vapor to happen in large volumes that get sucked through the porous stone. What you're proposing is the other way around, right? You'd need to heat the entire stone (probably a pretty good insulator I'm guessing) from the bottom up through a glass wall. It's going to heat really slowly I think, might not ever make it to temperature on the surface if the losses above are high enough.

However another idea comes to mind to provide a 'nail hit'. Stealing from technology used in vacuum heat treating experiments. This is where metals are heated in a vacuum while suspended on a thin wire held up by a magnet on the outside of the vacuum system. Once at temperature, you pull the magnet, the sample falls down the tube of the oven section into the quenching oil. Vacuum is never broken, the system is pure and sealed the whole time.

So what we can do is suspend a fat dab on a dabber in the chamber above the hot surface (either glass or a Ti pellet) holding it with a magnet from outside the glass. Then heat the hot part with the hammer heater through the glass wall. When ready, pull the magnet back, dropping the dab onto the "nail"......

You could then take the top off, remove the moving dabber, recharge it, attach the magnet, reassemble and go again.....if you still want to?

OF

OF,

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
OF, i was thinking of using the healthstone as a holding area for the oil, the way the bender is designed it channels the air through a small channell right in the center of the chamber. i was just thiking that 1200 air coming through the middle of the stone would do the job. i could be wrong

Soflo,
someone please help!!!! just found my persei after losing it for a couple months and filled .5 of some og hash oil in the brand new 5.0 cartridge that came in the box i screwed that into the top of my persei with the 2 mini 3.7v batteries in it and every time i click the button it comes blue then goes off but when the cart isnt connected it stays blue someone please help!!!!

the last persei,

OF

OF, i was thinking of using the healthstone as a holding area for the oil, the way the bender is designed it channels the air through a small channell right in the center of the chamber. i was just thiking that 1200 air coming through the middle of the stone would do the job. i could be wrong

I don't think the air will ever get close to 1200 degrees. How long does it take to 400 to vape bud? In fact, the general 'never expose Borosilicate glass to for more than a minute or two' temperature is about 900F so the air can never get heated past that on the 'inside' no matter.

It's a thermodynamic thing. Heat flow and all that. Heat has to flow from the heater through the glass faster than it flows away (to the load) for it to get hotter. Bender, as made, is working hard to make 400F inside when 'pumped' by 1200F.

someone please help!!!! just found my persei after losing it for a couple months and filled .5 of some og hash oil in the brand new 5.0 cartridge that came in the box i screwed that into the top of my persei with the 2 mini 3.7v batteries in it and every time i click the button it comes blue then goes off but when the cart isnt connected it stays blue someone please help!!!!

Wow, that's some sentence all right.

From here it sounds to me like a bad battery. What happens when you use the 18650 from the kit (aside from not getting hot enough to vape well).

OF

iight

iight.com
[In regard to letting people try the percei at the norml thing]

what did you say to people before hitting? (any training, advice, tips on how to hit it?)

or did you just hand it to 25-50-75 people? and just let them have at it.

Good question! HELL NO ! I'd have to be nuts (or rich) to just pass it around without instructions! lol

I tried giving 'the talk' to larger groups and then individually make sure they don't break it. I've found that my goto instructions for 'here try this' was the following:
  1. Please listen carefully, because if you don't you'll break my favorite and expensive toy.
  2. (friendly warning about how medicated they will be :ko: )
  3. Don't push the button. Breath in, do you feel any airflow? Ok pull in a little harder and push the button for 2 seconds and keep breathing in. Still nothing? Try again. Once they feel airflow, THEN push teh button for 3-4 seconds and then keep inhaling.
  4. If you don't get airflow and the cartridge gets hot, pull harder.
  5. If you do get airflow + a big cloud + the cartridge gets hot, you're a dick and didn't follow my directions :)
Overall, once people understood HOW to hit it, they all agreed it is pretty phenomenal. Plus when they (smokers of any kind: flower,oil. etc..) found out that it's ~ 300 hits per cart that didn't hurt :) I need to remember to bring a second cartridge next time...I sometimes forget that this thing will run out one day...

iight,
Reactions: Darb

darkrom

Great Scott!
If BHO is out for me, is ISO extraction the only method I can use to start with herbs and end with results suitable for a persei? I'm mainly getting my persei for the bender, but if I can make my own oil it may be worth trying again.

darkrom,

Darb

If BHO is out for me, is ISO extraction the only method I can use to start with herbs and end with results suitable for a persei? I'm mainly getting my persei for the bender, but if I can make my own oil it may be worth trying again.

What's the problem with BHO?

Darb,
Top Bottom