Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Does anyone think that the 5% d-limonene in pure gold makes the seals leak in the omlcron carts? I used d-limonene to Clean a mouthpiece(black delrin from D9 site) 1 time with a silicone o-ring and it swelled the o-ring. I also mixed some d-limonene with wax 5% by weight to simulate Pure Gold, as it is not available in my area, and the cart filled with this mixture leaked within the first gram, which is not common for me anymore!

That is interesting.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Porquiplane had posted in the d-limonene and extraction topic about d-limonene traits. Yes, its FDA approved but so is many other substances deemed "safe". Not that it isnt, but it sure makes sense. One of the carts porquiplane took apart contained and posted a few pages back had true PG. No noted issues but that could have been overlooked. One thing that was noticed is it leaked out the bottom contact tube much easier than any other concentrate. And in a wierd manner. Seemed to leak around and through the seals as well as through the "air hole" in the contact tube (the hole in the bottom of cart leading to a slotted airflow piece). The rubber seals around the contact tube were much larger (and rough edges) than the other, be it they were different seals or contorted due to d-limonene? This is very interesting.

2 out of 3 puregold carts leaked on their first day. The third worked well with no leaks. Went through a whole gram of pg on it before it was tossed due to slowing of function.

PG users, unite to gather info!

That is interesting.
I'd have guessed you'd have already known this: d-limonene is sold specifically as a product to dissolve (i.e. clean up) silicone monomers and mold flashings. ex.:
http://holdenslatex.com/pdf/specproducts.pdf
http://www.sculpt.com/catalog_98/moldingaccessories/d-Limonene.htm

Normally, polymerized silcone holds up better, but still will dissolve. Rubber and many other materials will swell (as will fluorinated silicone - a low temperature, usually solvent resistant sealing material).

If you check, the normally recommended material for handling it is the same fluorinated rubber I suggested for higher temperature O-rings the other day - i.e. either Viton or Kalrez (same stuff mentioned in post #4675).

-NDA

jpdnkstr

I'd have guessed you'd have already known this: d-limonene is sold specifically as a product to dissolve (i.e. clean up) silicone monomers and mold flashings. ex.:
http://holdenslatex.com/pdf/specproducts.pdf
http://www.sculpt.com/catalog_98/moldingaccessories/d-Limonene.htm

Normally, polymerized silcone holds up better, but still will dissolve. Rubber and many other materials will swell (as will fluorinated silicone - a low temperature, usually solvent resistant sealing material).

If you check, the normally recommended material for handling it is the same fluorinated rubber I suggested for higher temperature O-rings the other day - i.e. either Viton or Kalrez (same stuff mentioned in post #4675).

-NDA
Somehow I knew you would know something about this.

On another note... what is the risk involved with butane in the freezer?

jpdnkstr,
Reactions: OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Does anyone think that the 5% d-limonene in pure gold makes the seals leak in the omlcron carts? I used d-limonene to Clean a mouthpiece(black delrin from D9 site) 1 time with a silicone o-ring and it swelled the o-ring. I also mixed some d-limonene with wax 5% by weight to simulate Pure Gold, as it is not available in my area, and the cart filled with this mixture leaked within the first gram, which is not common for me anymore!

Imagine if DELTA 9 and PURE GOLD worked together to design a cartridge that would not leak with PURE GOLD?

Equipment and Material!

ataxian,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
E-JuiceCart01__62211_std.jpg

These don't leak!
PURE GOLD WORKS WELL WITH THIS.

GOOD MEDICINE!

ataxian,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
A funny thing happened with the bender. It seems that if you continue to inhale its a little difficult to combust. this still needs to be verified but last friday when i did the potcast, i had a hell of a time trying to combust it while inhaling none stop. Well more info to follow after my return.

Have a great 10 days with out me guys. See you Mid October.

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
A funny thing happened with the bender. It seems that if you continue to inhale its a little difficult to combust. this still needs to be verified but last friday when i did the potcast, i had a hell of a time trying to combust it while inhaling none stop. Well more info to follow after my return.

Have a great 10 days with out me guys. See you Mid October.

Does this mean one of your beautiful assistants will be standing in for you? :dog:

Sinclue,

OF

Does this mean one of your beautiful assistants will be standing in for you? :dog:

Wrong question. Should be 'which of your beautiful assistants....', right? Or maybe we should get to pick?

Road trip!!!!

OF

OF,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Wrong question. Should be 'which of your beautiful assistants....', right? Or maybe we should get to pick?

Road trip!!!!

OF

I'm in!

Although its probably more like "Bucket List" than "Road Trip" :\

By the way, what'll we tell the wives?

Sinclue,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
E-JuiceCart01__62211_std.jpg

These don't leak!
PURE GOLD WORKS WELL WITH THIS.

Anyone got comments on puregold with this? No idea what its crafted of, or if it works well. Its polycarbonate material and silica wick. All in all is it a better choice to do the omicron carts or this?

Porquiplane,

OF

I'm in!

Although its probably more like "Bucket List" than "Road Trip" :\

By the way, what'll we tell the wives?

Thought I could count on you.......shotgun!

As to what to tell the wives, if it works out like I'm thinking it doesn't really matter.......

OF

OF,

kittyboy

See you guys in mid October, most likely my last post before i take off. Take care guys and stay safe.

In case no one heard the prize for no serial number persei is meeting G on vacation and enjoying his new toys...lmao...... Opps he forgot to post that call delta 9 for details....

kittyboy,

Darb

In case no one heard the prize for no serial number persei is meeting G on vacation and enjoying his new toys...lmao...... Opps he forgot to post that call delta 9 for details....

Ya I remember that. Still no news on the non serial number units yet??

Darb,

kevin

Anyone got comments on puregold with this? No idea what its crafted of, or if it works well. Its polycarbonate material and silica wick. All in all is it a better choice to do the omicron carts or this?
Hi
You are better off with the Ego-W IMOI, it has muiltable wickes that go all the way to the bottom of tank and will wick up the PG and no leakes. This is basiclly the same thing they us on the Gpen and a few others.
Also you can place small daps of wax on the top element and smoke waxes, this will shorten life of cart, but works great!
http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=Ego%2dW-for-3.7v
Were as the one your looking at only has one wick about 1/4" long at the top which is fine if using E-juice, but not with PG, it won't wick up unless you get it warm and turn it unside down.
Hope this helps
Kevin:cheers:

kevin,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
All in all, would rather stay away from non-metal based carts. But am completely out of carts. ONLY use puregold. So something thats mostly leak free and will use up most all of what is put in would be prefered. Dont want massive hits, just small sets every couple hours. The omi carts work but leak out the bottom with puregold.

Porquiplane,

OF

All in all, would rather stay away from non-metal based carts. But am completely out of carts. ONLY use puregold. So something thats mostly leak free and will use up most all of what is put in would be prefered. Dont want massive hits, just small sets every couple hours.

At the risk of repeating myself, DART will do all that, including the small hits part if that's your pleasure. Unless you really overload them, they never leak.

All metal and ceramic as well. There is a PTFE insulator in the connector, but it never gets more than a little warm (many hundreds of degrees under any concerns temperature wise).

And you can boil them clean and start all over again any time you want. Nothing to wear out, really. You likely can kiss the 'out of carts' issue goodby.

OF

Hi
You are better off with the Ego-W IMOI, it has muiltable wickes that go all the way to the bottom of tank and will wick up the PG and no leakes. This is basiclly the same thing they us on the Gpen and a few others.

Hey Kevin, have you personally (or anyone else, for that matter) used the Ego-W with PG?

What did you think? Does it do a pretty good job of soaking up and vaping most if not all of the PG?

UpUpandAway,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
At the risk of repeating myself, DART will do all that, including the small hits part if that's your pleasure.
OF

Yeah. That is true. and sorry for making you repeat. But the same things apply as the first time: Like very light vapor, prefer 3.7v, can go for full day use (or more) without refill, wont leak, easy clog removal. All that whilst using puregold as the sole and only product.

TV makes good products but personally havent used any of the oil-based products. Would the Dart or Rev be capable of those above feats??? from someone who has used it?

Porquiplane,

OF

TV makes good products but personally havent used any of the oil-based products. Would the Dart or Rev be capable of those above feats??? from someone who has used it?

Well actually I've used several of the line, and yes it will do it (or I wouldn't bring it up....) with the possible exception of 'holding a day's worth' which is, IMO largely under your control. It will do .1 a loading routinely. That's about twice what I'm likely to use in a day, but I know guys that use that much (and more) in a single nail hit. They tend to not be at the 'tiny hit' end of things, however. Would you be happy with 100 mg of PG? FWIW it's really less than a minute to reload, for most guys probably more like 15 or 20 seconds (dip the DART tip, put it back, done).

But yes, it does light vapor (as well as heavy), comes in 3.7 Volt versions, never leaks (if you don't seriously flood it), never clogs and is quite happy to dispense PG all day long.

AFAIK, it's the best match for your needs available today. Your call.

OF

OF,
Yeah. That is true. and sorry for making you repeat. But the same things apply as the first time: Like very light vapor, prefer 3.7v, can go for full day use (or more) without refill, wont leak, easy clog removal. All that whilst using puregold as the sole and only product.

Dude, a cart that could do all the stuff that you mentioned would be AWESOME!!! :rockon:

I agree with OF; with what's available out there, the dart is prolly your best option. Honestly, I think the only thing that the dart doesn't have going for it is load size. However, like OF said, your opinion of this depends on how much/how often you consume. Personally, I'd like to load 0.5g to 1 g of PG into a tank/carto and then not have to worry about it. That would be WAY more than I'd need in a day, but at least it would be ready to go at a moment's notice. The D9 carts have this capacity, but as mentioned by several people, they tend to leak with PG.

I had tried using the Bud atomizer because a dude at a local vape store was really all about it. I wasn't too impressed; check out a thread that I had started.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/various-e-cig-based-vaporizers.5179/page-5#post-275108

One disclaimer- I didn't have a good technique for making sure that the wick got fully soaked, so that may have affected its performance.

It reminds me of the CE4 or Ego-W cartos on D9, but I wonder if those would work better than the Bud.

http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=CE4-Cartomizer-2.5-ohm-

http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=Ego%2dW-for-3.7v

UpUpandAway,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
It will do .1 a loading routinely.

OF

Definitely use less than that a day. A cap (.5) lasts about a week or two in the omi carts (which has been said to lose about .2?? Citation needed?) But can PG be dripped straight in the hole and then close it up for the day or two? Or does it have to be used then and there? And is it sealed with a silicon ring (or other material). As someone said a few posts ago d-limonene bloats up some of those materials (just dont want to replace parts :p)

Thanks OF. Gotta get rid of the old Evo cart before getting anymore TV products. No more solids here. Only the gold.

Top Bottom