Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Sinclue said:
kingcrimson said:
havealight101 said:
I'm glad u got 1 to go. Shows the light at the end of the tunnel.

For sure. I'm also glad I asked Planet vape if they had any coupons via email. If I hadn't gotten the coupon for 2 extra carts it's likely I could have burnt through 2, and been up shit creek with no paddle. :uhoh:

Where did you get a coupon for two extra carts?
I just ordered a Black Persei from PV the other day and their website specifically says "No Discount Codes Apply To Any Persei Products" and their FC discount page specifies Omicron carts for the two extra.
I sure would have wanted two extra carts...especially given how much trouble people seem to be having with them.
:/

Hi Sinclue,
We do offer a code, it is not a discount code though. Contact us through our website's contact us form with your order number and we will take care of you. Thanks for bringing the FC code page to our attention, it needs to be updated to include the Persei.
P.V.

PlanetHaze,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
DubCRider said:
Hotdog tongs, lighter, and glass vial.

Hold the cart with the tongs, torch it, and reclaim in to your vial. I did it to 20+ carts that were low and got 8g's of flavor. I could pull flavors from all the concentrates, it was a mystery dab every time!

am curious as to where you find your tongs. hard to find appropriately small size that will hold a small glass vial under heat w/out slipping. any links would be much appreciated.

elsewise i love my persei. the double barrel feature while nice seems excessive. can get extremely large thick clouds with a single cart by inhalation speed and temp control with button. hard to hit two carts at once as its difficult to not get the tiny clog with the higher voltage. have to clear one, then the other, then try to apply suction evenly is difficult. a specialized mouthpiece that has one intake for both carts is in order imho for the dual cart to work effectively and more universally. the button seems a little small and the end cap feels a little cheap, but it def. does the trick. am an omi user so gettin' carts appropriately filled hasn't been a problem. glad i looked here for priming at the lower voltage so i haven't burned out any carts. a little oily/machiney taste at first, but once cart was up and running, was gone after a few hits. much smoother than a nail imho because there is air mixing with the vape so even tho there is no water cooling it still delivers very smooth and with much better portion control than a nail. battery length hasn't been an issue yet, but i haven't really put her thru her paces hard yet.

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
druminfected said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Drum please contact me tomorrow at the office ask for G or little Gary. 818-849-6133

Sure will do, should I call at any specific time?

Call around 12 pacific standard.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

SlideOrDie

Just popped in to say that I'm up and running finally, just had to wait for the weather and wind to chill out before running more BHO.

I had no issues at all filling the cartridge due to already being an omicron owner. Priming my first 4ohm cart with the 3.7v batteries was a breeze. I'm getting a consistent mild vapor now, a little less than the omicron with the 2.4ohm carts so I think it's time to pop in my 18350's and try 7.4v :)

Will report back once I have thoroughly tested @ 7.4v.

SlideOrDie,
Bob Loblaw said:
DubCRider said:

Hold the cart with the tongs, torch it, and reclaim in to your vial. I did it to 20+ carts that were low and got 8g's of flavor. I could pull flavors from all the concentrates, it was a mystery dab every time!

am curious as to where you find your tongs. hard to find appropriately small size that will hold a small glass vial under heat w/out slipping. any links would be much appreciated.

elsewise i love my persei. the double barrel feature while nice seems excessive. can get extremely large thick clouds with a single cart by inhalation speed and temp control with button. hard to hit two carts at once as its difficult to not get the tiny clog with the higher voltage. have to clear one, then the other, then try to apply suction evenly is difficult. a specialized mouthpiece that has one intake for both carts is in order imho for the dual cart to work effectively and more universally. the button seems a little small and the end cap feels a little cheap, but it def. does the trick. am an omi user so gettin' carts appropriately filled hasn't been a problem. glad i looked here for priming at the lower voltage so i haven't burned out any carts. a little oily/machiney taste at first, but once cart was up and running, was gone after a few hits. much smoother than a nail imho because there is air mixing with the vape so even tho there is no water cooling it still delivers very smooth and with much better portion control than a nail. battery length hasn't been an issue yet, but i haven't really put her thru her paces hard yet.
Dub was talking about reclaiming oil from bad or old carts(I think he meant hold the cart with the tongs). I just use a pliers to hold cart over the next one its going into with the the filling tool on and proper up.

havealight101,

OF

Bob Loblaw said:

So I know it's kinda low tech, but after trying a wide assortment of clamps, hemostats, tongs, pliers I found better luck with a bit of wire. Specifically a straightened out large paper clip. Form a loop into one end and thread the cart or vial threads on (a single turn is plenty) giving you a convenient handle (bend the other end a bit to one side to make it easier to control).

You can either turn it upside down and apply heat to let it drip out, or keep it upright, heat the lot and pour it our in one go. Easy. You can save the tool for next time....or make another, they're plenty cheap.

OF

OF,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
OF said:
Bob Loblaw said:

So I know it's kinda low tech, but after trying a wide assortment of clamps, hemostats, tongs, pliers I found better luck with a bit of wire. Specifically a straightened out large paper clip. Form a loop into one end and thread the cart or vial threads on (a single turn is plenty) giving you a convenient handle (bend the other end a bit to one side to make it easier to control).

You can either turn it upside down and apply heat to let it drip out, or keep it upright, heat the lot and pour it our in one go. Easy. You can save the tool for next time....or make another, they're plenty cheap.

OF

good idea. sometimes the simplest ideas are the best. or Keep It Simple Stupid!!
got the perfect wire right here too. thanks

Bob Loblaw,

OF

Bob Loblaw said:
good idea. sometimes the simplest ideas are the best. or Keep It Simple Stupid!!
got the perfect wire right here too. thanks

You're welcome, of course. But let's be a little careful with all that credit for a simple solution, didn't I say I tried all the other more complex ones first???

Good luck, take is slow. My first try was with a (too) short, heavy Copper wire. Three bad ideas in a row. You want longer, thinner and something that doesn't conduct heat as well as Copper. Handy wasn't quite right. Then again, big paper clips are handy too......

OF

Edit: Actually you might want to try a short Copper wire if you're bored. It got kind of exciting here for a bit when I unexpectedly had to shift gears and quickly figure out what to do with the vial of hot melted oil before my fingers melted......something I hadn't planned for at the time. OF

OF,

SlideOrDie

SlideOrDie said:
Just popped in to say that I'm up and running finally, just had to wait for the weather and wind to chill out before running more BHO.

I had no issues at all filling the cartridge due to already being an omicron owner. Priming my first 4ohm cart with the 3.7v batteries was a breeze. I'm getting a consistent mild vapor now, a little less than the omicron with the 2.4ohm carts so I think it's time to pop in my 18350's and try 7.4v :)

Damn... first cart died after my 5th hit... but those 5 hits were pretty amazing.

Hits were 4 seconds long and I took the cart off and let it cool for a few minutes before attempting the next hit.

I know the cart was loaded and primed properly, I just really hope I'm not going to run into problems like the others with a bunch of dead carts.

I'm a bit pissed off tonight so I'm going to head to bed. I'll reclaim from the cart tomorrow and load a new one and go from there.

SlideOrDie,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
SlideOrDie said:
SlideOrDie said:

Damn... first cart died after my 5th hit... but those 5 hits were pretty amazing.

Hits were 4 seconds long and I took the cart off and let it cool for a few minutes before attempting the next hit.

I know the cart was loaded and primed properly, I just really hope I'm not going to run into problems like the others with a bunch of dead carts.

I'm a bit pissed off tonight so I'm going to head to bed. I'll reclaim from the cart tomorrow and load a new one and go from there.

do you have any extra cartridges? are they from the same batch? can you send them to me? I want to be able to trace down a issue if there is one.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

SlideOrDie said:

Thanks for the information. While it's still early on and information is flooding in in often not the most clear fashion, I tend to agree with you lots of guys are having early problems with their carts (infant death being the normal problem). It could, of course, be a lot of things. Specification or other quality issues will work out in due time, we can look to collect data (try to sort out what it means as we go along) and work on technique. To that end I'm going to suggest adopting DubC's idea of 'cooking down' and priming the cart on lower voltage.

We know from considerable Omicron experience that the lower resistance (and therefore more powerful) cart long used there is a pretty tough customer on 3.7 Volts. The lower powered ones shipping with Persei should do at least that good at that voltage. At the risk perhaps of some flooding the cart should melt down and prime very well before full power is applied.

What I'm thinking could be happening is a gap or other holiday in the fill causes the wick to go dry, even if only a bit and in one area. Evaporating the oil takes a lot of energy (obviously) but at the micro level if it stops or even slows down that energy is suddenly available and must go somewhere, local heating is the only place. There's also some fun physics in play that provides some positive feedback, that is more heat leads to yet more heat. The sort of thing that can cause a runaway situation sometimes. That might be happening here if the wick hits a bubble as it's gulping oil down at flank speed feeding that furnace making all those lovely vapors.

So, since some carts seem to eventually work, I suggest we try DubC's idea and run in each freshly filled cart on low voltage before going live? Even, perhaps, excessively so? I know that's hard to resist, but this is science guys......

OF

OF,

DubCRider

Got two buddies set up tonight. Loaded Co2 in to one 5ohm cart each and primed on 3.7v. There was plenty of vapor at that setting to get a few in the group medicated. Once steady clouds were coming we threw in the 7.4 setup. This produced considerably larger clouds. We held the button for 5-7 seconds per hit between 5 people. I'll say it now, you gotta let the cart cool between rips. The single 5ohm was blazing! I would suggest 2-3 button presses at 2-3seconds max. This thing is no joke! No dead carts but my roommate prefers the 5ohm at 3.7. 7.4 is running carts maxed out so you want to be sure to baby your device. 7.4v at any ohm cart is not a free for all, you need to regulate your button holds. There is no need to hold the button for a long time at 7.4. If you are not getting good hits in 2-5 seconds something is probably not good and you should continue to prime at 3.7 to be sure it has been properly fed.

DubCRider,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
OF said:
SlideOrDie said:

Thanks for the information. While it's still early on and information is flooding in in often not the most clear fashion, I tend to agree with you lots of guys are having early problems with their carts (infant death being the normal problem). It could, of course, be a lot of things. Specification or other quality issues will work out in due time, we can look to collect data (try to sort out what it means as we go along) and work on technique. To that end I'm going to suggest adopting DubC's idea of 'cooking down' and priming the cart on lower voltage.

We know from considerable Omicron experience that the lower resistance (and therefore more powerful) cart long used there is a pretty tough customer on 3.7 Volts. The lower powered ones shipping with Persei should do at least that good at that voltage. At the risk perhaps of some flooding the cart should melt down and prime very well before full power is applied.

What I'm thinking could be happening is a gap or other holiday in the fill causes the wick to go dry, even if only a bit and in one area. Evaporating the oil takes a lot of energy (obviously) but at the micro level if it stops or even slows down that energy is suddenly available and must go somewhere, local heating is the only place. There's also some fun physics in play that provides some positive feedback, that is more heat leads to yet more heat. The sort of thing that can cause a runaway situation sometimes. That might be happening here if the wick hits a bubble as it's gulping oil down at flank speed feeding that furnace making all those lovely vapors.

So, since some carts seem to eventually work, I suggest we try DubC's idea and run in each freshly filled cart on low voltage before going live? Even, perhaps, excessively so? I know that's hard to resist, but this is science guys......

OF

You are right as we are thinking its going dry also, reasoning is that it is vaporizing faster then it can wick more oil in. never had this problem during testing.

As of right now 4.0 ohm cartridges are off line until we figure it out.

Edit.

I think i found out what is the reason. Need to confirm if it is.

Edited again.

Ok it is confirmed. 4 ohms at 7.4v work great if you do not chain vape ( let it cool down between hits ). But fully charged batteries put out 8.4v then it becomes a issue for 4 ohm cartridges.

This was my error when i made my calculations. We will revise manual and cards.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Bob Loblaw said:
are the Tenergy brand of batteries safe to use in the Persei?

We will have 3.0v up on the site shortly. I just need to see if we received them.

And yes you can use the tenergy batteries.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

druminfected

Bob Loblaw said:
DubCRider said:

I would suggest to just get one of these, use one clip to hold the cartridge and have a magnify glass on it while your filling the cartridge :) going to pick one of these up asap, so I don't need tongs. you can get one for around 12$ with shipping. Looks like when the hammer comes out I can set the persei in the spring stand as well!

G0x7dMljwj3ekiAL2czGDWIwibEbkMHIMnR1OhdgBOhHVInMBq63FISbo0F0dADvfxmOkM54ZBLMr7_ZPLAaEurRhEiA9WC5pbOoBaaJx6THNJjvAD2gDNETEnIHW5glDL2L-5enS6coyImhJ19BizuqtA2_ydLjr2M0vUz0DC5l3WbELBEMXnY

druminfected,
Dumb, question, but what's the easiest way to post pics? I custom fit a case to take everything Persei, turned out pretty clean. Want to share.

havealight101,

bruno13

insomniac
My chart for cart selection.

Cartchart.jpg

I show the power in watts and the current in amps using the approximations P=V^2/R and i=V/R. Power relates to how much heat energy can be used to vaporize and current relates to temperature.
I used the scale of 0.7-1.3 -> cool, 1.3-1.9 -> med, and 1.9-2.5 -> hot.

Blue -> cool (lots of flavor, not as much vapor)
Green -> med (best trade off between flavor and vapor production)
Red -> hot (danger, easy to burn cart)

I like the lowest current with the max power. (green) It gives good flavor and a lot of vapor. Now I am using 4ohm at 6.4v.

bruno13,

SlideOrDie

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
SlideOrDie said:
SlideOrDie said:

do you have any extra cartridges? are they from the same batch? can you send them to me? I want to be able to trace down a issue if there is one.

Yes I have 3 carts left and 1 dead one. Which carts do you need sent in?

Thanks for the quick response.

SlideOrDie,

kingcrimson

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
King contact me directly tomorrow 818-849-6133 we will see what we cando for your cart issues.

Just got off the phone with someone. Getting sent 2 carts, hopefully by Friday when I move. Moderately pleased. If these new ones work well I'll be happy, so long as they're good and I don't lose any more concentrate reclaiming yet again.

I think now that the first three were bad, because as I stated in the phone call, none of the three got as hot to the touch as my working 4th, so if I burned them out, then conceivably that would have happened though it didnt.

THC, do you want me to call back and ask for you if that wasn't you I spoke with? I don't know if you'd wnt these carts as well. I wanted to mention: I'm moving to LA in a week, two of the three busted carts I have I've reclaimed from so you probably wouldn't be able to tell anything if I sent/brought them, right? I can bring the 3rd cart that I havn't reclaimed from yet when I move, or should I just reclaim it and toss all three?

kingcrimson,

ganjapharma

sounds like most of the issues are from improperly filled carts, or carts that are near empty getting fried.

i am on my 4th gram of oil through a single 5 ohm cart in 72 hours. some thoughts:

next virgin cart i get is gonna be 2/3 soaked in 99% iso in an attempt to remove the machine oil (not gonna immerse the heater section). after smoking a gram through the first cart, the taste did not recur on the second or third or fourth fill, i can only assume i smoked up all the machine oil and now the broken in cart is fine.

i filled the carts the same way i do my omi carts. heating the top 1/4 and the fill tool so that the entire cart is warm (without ever heating the delicate heater assembly)
i find a slight tilt (like when pouring a beer) makes certain no air pockets form.

as soon as the vapor starts getting thin, i top off. feels like that heater needs to stay WET.

i have settled on the single cart at 7.4V mainly because i hate the way the two separate barrels work. tons and tons of vapor from the single anyway, but as soon as i get a better tip figured out ill go back to doubles.

i can stick my persei tip into my skillet curve and get crazy huge water cooled rips that way!

ordered a lipo-sack just in case the worst happens while i am charging. the exploding lipo battery thing really had me worried until i realized that i have been leaving my ipods, laptops, phones etc... plugged in, and that they blow up all the time...and i just need to be careful about ALL lipo batteries, and enjoy my persei. also marked my batteries so they always charge in sequence and dont get mixed up with the extras.

made over an ounce of oil yesterday, all flavors...so time to get more carts for sure!

ganjapharma,
Top Bottom