• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

kingcrimson

ganjapharma said:
sounds like most of the issues are from improperly filled carts, or carts that are near empty getting fried.

i am on my 4th gram of oil through a single 5 ohm cart in 72 hours. some thoughts:

next virgin cart i get is gonna be 2/3 soaked in 99% iso in an attempt to remove the machine oil (not gonna immerse the heater section). after smoking a gram through the first cart, the taste did not recur on the second or third or fourth fill, i can only assume i smoked up all the machine oil and now the broken in cart is fine.

i filled the carts the same way i do my omi carts. heating the top 1/4 and the fill tool so that the entire cart is warm (without ever heating the delicate heater assembly)
i find a slight tilt (like when pouring a beer) makes certain no air pockets form.

as soon as the vapor starts getting thin, i top off. feels like that heater needs to stay WET.

i have settled on the single cart at 7.4V mainly because i hate the way the two separate barrels work. tons and tons of vapor from the single anyway, but as soon as i get a better tip figured out ill go back to doubles.

i can stick my persei tip into my skillet curve and get crazy huge water cooled rips that way!

ordered a lipo-sack just in case the worst happens while i am charging. the exploding lipo battery thing really had me worried until i realized that i have been leaving my ipods, laptops, phones etc... plugged in, and that they blow up all the time...and i just need to be careful about ALL lipo batteries, and enjoy my persei. also marked my batteries so they always charge in sequence and dont get mixed up with the extras.

made over an ounce of oil yesterday, all flavors...so time to get more carts for sure!

how long did it take you to go through a gram? :o wow. I thought at first it was my fault, maybe the first one was due to improper prime, though I thought I'd watched videos and read these threads enough to know what I was doing. After using my last 4 ohm cart on 7.4 for the last day or so, and feeling how warm it can get without failing and knowing that none of my three failed carts got that hot before quitting makes me think now there might have been a cartridge issue, or something. THC said fully charged 7.4v batteries put out >8v so perhaps that was it combined with a thick oil. From now on though I will prime on 3.7, that lesson has been learned.

kingcrimson,
Thought I would share this. After careful surgery of the Persei manufacturer box, and a new case(Vatra Double-Decker hard case $18 locally), the case holds everything nice and snug. It's definitely not a pocket case, more of a camera case look(about 3"x3"x6"). I'm interested to see if the new case coming out will be travel size or not. This Persei isn't really a travel vape though, I think omi with new 1.5 ohms will be a good traveler.
IMAG0597.jpg
IMAG0598.jpg
IMAG0596.jpg
IMAG0595.jpg

IMAG0594.jpg

havealight101,

caseball2051

nice case

it looks bigger in the other picutres ive seen.

waiting on that herb cartridge. living in a non medical state is awful.

caseball2051,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
That case is so fresh good job man looks like it was made for it!

Xchadb,

ganjapharma

how long did it take you to go through a gram? wow

seems like its a gram a day? hitting it all day whenever i feel like it.
apparently the extra huge clouds of vapor...are coming directly from bigger hits of oil!
still its better than the skillet. .1 and .2 dabs are the norm, some of that is wasted for being a big ol piggie lung... id say my persei gives me twice the efficiency and if i have to guess i would say the average dose everytime i pick up the persei, and set it down to cool off, is around .05 grams per sesh.

way more delivery than the omicron..
the omicron never left me choking, or greening out, or breaking into sweats either haha

Darb

ganjapharma said:

apparently the extra huge clouds of vapor...are coming directly from bigger hits of oil!
still its better than the skillet. .1 and .2 dabs are the norm, some of that is wasted for being a big ol piggie lung... id say my persei gives me twice the efficiency and if i have to guess i would say the average dose everytime i pick up the persei, and set it down to cool off, is around .05 grams per sesh.

the omicron never left me choking, or greening out, or breaking into sweats either haha

This sounds like my kind of machine!!
Mine is waiting in the mailbox for when I get off....

Darb,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
ganjapharma said:

agree w/ everything he said. i think a proper dual mouthpiece is the only thing this monster is missing

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
guys we made some changes on the ohm chart and the manual, all changes will be posted online tomorrow when its done.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

SlideOrDie

SlideOrDie said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
SlideOrDie said:
Damn... first cart died after my 5th hit... but those 5 hits were pretty amazing.

Hits were 4 seconds long and I took the cart off and let it cool for a few minutes before attempting the next hit.

I know the cart was loaded and primed properly, I just really hope I'm not going to run into problems like the others with a bunch of dead carts.

I'm a bit pissed off tonight so I'm going to head to bed. I'll reclaim from the cart tomorrow and load a new one and go from there.

do you have any extra cartridges? are they from the same batch? can you send them to me? I want to be able to trace down a issue if there is one.

Yes I have 3 carts left and 1 dead one. Which carts do you need sent in?

Thanks for the quick response.

@ THC SCIENTIFIC - Yes I have 3 carts left and 1 dead one. Which carts do you need sent in?

SlideOrDie,

kingcrimson

THC did you see my post on page 25 about my call to you guys? Still waiting on a reply - Was that you I spoke to today on the phone? I'd like to know if I should reclaim the last cart of preserve it as is in order to bring/send to you, plus a reply in general to my post would be nice when you get a chance. (I know you're extra busy, no worries).

Great to hear about the updates, top shelf work.

kingcrimson,

druminfected

ganjapharma said:
i have settled on the single cart at 7.4V mainly because i hate the way the two separate barrels work. tons and tons of vapor from the single anyway, but as soon as i get a better tip figured out ill go back to doubles.

I seen you and another person has this issue and I was thinking of a solution for you guys. it basically involves making a Y tube, (no not youtube) but like how a Y cable looks but make it out of a hollow tube.

Just imagine if this was a hollow tube, and you would connect the 2 tubes together on each cart and have the one end for drawing vape. I think this would totally solve your issue. I don't claim no ounce of oil like ganjapharma, so I haven't had the luxury of filling 2 carts yet, but will someday soon hopefully!

$(KGrHqEOKpIE24gPyk0rBN1GLv3umg~~_35.JPG

druminfected,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
kingcrimson said:
THC did you see my post on page 25 about my call to you guys? Still waiting on a reply - Was that you I spoke to today on the phone? I'd like to know if I should reclaim the last cart of preserve it as is in order to bring/send to you, plus a reply in general to my post would be nice when you get a chance. (I know you're extra busy, no worries).

Call me now boss im here.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

druminfected

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
kingcrimson said:

Just got off the phone with THC earlier, and it was an honor to speak with the man who created it all! Just awesome for him to take a personal call to sort out an issue with a customer really speaks out about you and your company behind you, really shows you care about each and everyone of your customers. I sent the info you requested via email through FC. I seen that FC is moving to a better server, and sometimes it blocks emails to people, so let me know if you didn't get my email please. :)

druminfected,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
druminfected said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
kingcrimson said:

Just got off the phone with THC earlier, and it was an honor to speak with the man who created it all! Just awesome for him to take a personal call to sort out an issue with a customer really speaks out about you and your company behind you, really shows you care about each and everyone of your customers. I sent the info you requested via email through FC. I seen that FC is moving to a better server, and sometimes it blocks emails to people, so let me know if you didn't get my email please. :)

Its best you submit a ticket on our website so that we can track it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

SlideOrDie

SlideOrDie said:
SlideOrDie said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
do you have any extra cartridges? are they from the same batch? can you send them to me? I want to be able to trace down a issue if there is one.

@ THC SCIENTIFIC - Yes I have 3 carts left and 1 dead one. Which carts do you need sent in?

May I please get a response as well?

Should I move on to the second cart and try again or are you needing them all?

SlideOrDie,
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
druminfected said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

Its best you submit a ticket on our website so that we can track it.
Here is my ticket #: 375914. Let me know if you still want mine sent in. But if your able to figure it out from drums' carts, that's probably better. Another note, maybe the # of hits should be adjusted to the Persei, so people new to this won't think they'll get 400 .05g hits out of 1 g.

havealight101,

kingcrimson

just got off the phone again. Know who I spoke to this time, had all my questions answered. Quite pleased. Thanks THC.

kingcrimson,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
SlideOrDie said:
SlideOrDie said:
SlideOrDie said:

submit a ticket please.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

SlideOrDie

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
SlideOrDie said:
SlideOrDie said:

submit a ticket please.

Thank you sir!

Would you like me to include our conversation in the ticket?

I just reclaimed 0.6 from the dead cartridge and it looks just as nice as when it went in. Should I give a second cart a try?

SlideOrDie,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
SlideOrDie said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
SlideOrDie said:

submit a ticket please.

Thank you sir!

I just reclaimed 0.6 from the dead cartridge and it looks just as nice as when it went in. Should I give a second cart a try?

yes please, you can but do not fully charge the batteries because fully charged is 8.4v instead of 7.4v and this is where i made a mistake on the calculations.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

SlideOrDie

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
SlideOrDie said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
submit a ticket please.

Thank you sir!

yes please, you can but do not fully charge the batteries because fully charged is 8.4v instead of 7.4v and this is where i made a mistake on the calculations.

Submitted my ticket with a copy of our conversation in it :) ticket # 377995 if you need it :)

Ok so I can use my carts but not when the 18350s are fully charged?

Last time I primed at 3.7v and all was good, but the vapor was much less than with my omicron, should I just stick to the 3.7v batteries for now with the 4ohm carts then?

Will there be any way to get different ohm carts as a replacement? Or am I going to have to charge the batteries and then press the button for a few to discharge some of the voltage before using it with the 4ohm cart?

Sorry for all of the questions and thank you!

SlideOrDie,
Pressing the button won't(I think) draw the battery much without a cart. Your only powering the LED. As for the cart, I'be been priming with 3.7, until vapor comes, and then puff a good 10 rips b4 switching to 7.4, and have 2 carts running well that way. Oh yeah, I also do a slight melt down b4 even priming.

havealight101,

SlideOrDie

havealight101 said:
Pressing the button won't(I think) draw the battery much without a cart. Your only powering the LED. As for the cart, I'be been priming with 3.7, until vapor comes, and then puff a good 10 rips b4 switching to 7.4, and have 2 carts running well that way. Oh yeah, I also do a slight melt down b4 even priming.

I filled the preheated cart with preheated oil and then heated the cart to 125 for 10 mins. After that I hit it with the torch lightly while twirling it as OF said a while back. It primed nearly instantly as the oil and cart were both still warm. I primed until I got a decent vapor going and hit it on and off like that for 30 mins or so letting it cool down between hits. Then i waited about a half hour and tried out the 18350 setup. I took five four second hits, letting the cartridge cool for a few minutes between hits. After the 5th hit nothing... cartridge was cold to the touch and wouldn't get warm.

I got a bit frustrated, posted about it and passed out.

Reclaimed 0.6 from the cart and it looked as good recalimed as it did going into the cart :)

Been dabbing my pain away all morning and now that THC helping like he always does I'm at ease :)

SlideOrDie,
Top Bottom