Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

havealight101 said:
druminfected said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Please send me the carts. I will pay for the shipment with extra cartridges sent back to you.

I want to see this cart, also in the box include a note that Says G wanted these to tear apart because of the taste, and include your email and contact info if we need to talk to you over the phone or email.

Let me look at this personally.

I've had this same issue from syeome carts I bought from D9V, and explained this same issue via a trouble ticket and was told to send remaining cartridges to an address for replacements. I sent 4 unused ones back a couple weeks ago so you could check them out yourself and also paid for shipping, but haven't received nothing back yet. :( sorry this kinda pertains to 2.4 carts for omicron, but since we were on the topic I thought I would address as well.

-Druminfected
Maybe they got misplaced? THC, if u still have his, I would rather throw mine away, then send them in. But if they are needed, that's what there here for. I'm not worried about replacement carts because PV took care of that right away(thanks PV), but Druminfected deserves to be compensated for shur.

THC, did u see this by Drum?

havealight101,

Adobewan

@king Crimson
Nice vid, has some professional quality to it.
But dude, with your avatar, I was surprised there was no sound track.
A little "Elephant Talk" would have been nice!

Adobewan,

Adobewan

RIP RALPH MCQUARRIE!!!!

Without his vision and talent, George Lucas would just be the guy who directed American Grafittti!

Adobewan,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Drum please contact me tomorrow at the office ask for G or little Gary. 818-849-6133

THC SCIENTIFIC,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
This may have been answered, but does this work well with old school concentrates (sifted and pressed, no chemical extraction)? Also, once the cart is used and tossed, are there other parts to clean?

Sorry for what are probably basic questions. This thread is very popular..! Congrats on the success of your new device.

GReYAReA,
GReYAReA said:
This may have been answered, but does this work well with old school concentrates (sifted and pressed, no chemical extraction)? Also, once the cart is used and tossed, are there other parts to clean?

Sorry for what are probably basic questions. This thread is very popular..! Congrats on the success of your new device.
No old schools, just oils, however its made.

havealight101,

OF

Twanbiz said:
Hi,

I did not own the Omnicron so bear with me. I got the package on Friday, opened it yesterday. The instructions were easy to follow and in a short time I had my oil into the cartridge. I bought the standard package so I was using the two trustfire 18350 batteries, with the 4.0 Ohm cart. I got about 20 or so hits and then put it down. I picked it up in a few hours and took one hit, and got great vapor. The next second I tried to push the button there was no more vapor. I never held the button for more then 3 seconds, one hit it worked the next it was cold.

I got lost in the deluge of posts here over lunch....but did this get resolved? Did the cart actually die in a couple dozen hits? Or maybe one of the two batteries shut down needing a charge????

There are two heaters in the cart, one heats the body (melting the concentrate and feeding it to the wick), the other vaporizes the concentrate. Seems to me extremely unlikely that both would fail at the same time and leave the unit "cold".

So did the cart die? TIA

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

OF said:
Twanbiz said:
Hi,

I did not own the Omnicron so bear with me. I got the package on Friday, opened it yesterday. The instructions were easy to follow and in a short time I had my oil into the cartridge. I bought the standard package so I was using the two trustfire 18350 batteries, with the 4.0 Ohm cart. I got about 20 or so hits and then put it down. I picked it up in a few hours and took one hit, and got great vapor. The next second I tried to push the button there was no more vapor. I never held the button for more then 3 seconds, one hit it worked the next it was cold.

I got lost in the deluge of posts here over lunch....but did this get resolved? Did the cart actually die in a couple dozen hits? Or maybe one of the two batteries shut down needing a charge????

There are two heaters in the cart, one heats the body (melting the concentrate and feeding it to the wick), the other vaporizes the concentrate. Seems to me extremely unlikely that both would fail at the same time and leave the unit "cold".

So did the cart die? TIA

OF

The heaters are in series so if the furnace heater dies the cart will indeed go cold

JoeKickass,

OF

JoeKickass said:
The heaters are in series so if the furnace heater dies the cart will indeed go cold

Interesting and true if that's the case (they are in series). That even makes some sense to me mechanically.

However, when they first came out the original carts were also held to be series. Question the statement, but you are sure?

TIA

OF

OF,
I'm pretty sure I've had a 2.4 ohm cart that the main heater was dead, but the body would glow. If so, that would point away from series circuit. I think I still have it too, I'll look for it later.

havealight101,

OF

havealight101 said:
I'm pretty sure I've had a 2.4 ohm cart that the main heater was dead, but the body would glow. If so, that would point away from series circuit. I think I still have it too, I'll look for it later.

The ones I've opened up seemed to be in parallel, those where that part survived that is. No guarantee of the new ones, of course, but it'd be useful to know I think?

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

Nope I don't know for sure, it's just simpler to do it that way.

But even if it is in series you can get situations where one section doesn't work but still passes enough current for the rest of the circuit to work.

JoeKickass,

OF

JoeKickass said:
But even if it is in series you can get situations where one section doesn't work but still passes enough current for the rest of the circuit to work.

Perhaps simple series circuits work differently now, but when I went to school the rule was 'in a parallel circuit the voltage is everywhere the same, in a series circuit current is everywhere the same'. If there isn't enough current (like in none) to run one heater, there's not enough for the other (also zero).

The experimental proof was worked out each year at Christmas. When there was one bad bulb, none of the others lit (even a little bit). I know they're LEDs these days, but you'd think the rules still worked the same way?

But back to the point (I think...). Is this really an infant death? if so, it seems like it might be common??? Big clouds are going to be most welcome by many, but if it comes with random, unexpected early death of carts (and leaving a guy stranded when all he wanted was a little action) will take some of the joy out of it. Nobody want to carry a couple of spares 'in case'.

OF

OF,

kingcrimson

24 hours with the persei.

This is meant to be a stream of consciousness my experience with the device. I've never tired an omicron, I've owned e-cigs in the past and own and use a variety of vaporizers. Overall I love the device and it's what I expected, despte my difficulties with the carts. Here goes:

Got it, was super excited. Made oil from fantastic bud and got about 2.3 grams. Purged and whipped, let the pyrex just sit for a few hours. Took a paperclip and heated a sample, it smelled great and looked clean so scraped the pyrex with razor, the oil was very thick and waxy. I loaded a 4 ohm cart with about .8g - 1g using the fill tool and primed using the 7.4v batteries. because the cart chart listed the 4 ohm rated at "do not do" or red circle at 3.7v. I also likely didn't heat the top of the cart enough because I was focused on the instruction manuals repeated red warnings: "do not overheat the cart". (2 mistakes I found out about after asking on the forum) So after getting a few machine oily hits probably from the drop or two of oil that made it to the main heater, the cart burned out after being attempted to hit/prime dry and I noted that it failed to get warm anymore.

Came on the forums, got help and hesitantly filled a second cart with the remaining g of oil still on the pyrex, after checking for the orange glow.
Was getting great rips last night on the 3.7v setup and switched to 7.4v, which was great. Didn't need to do much more than that and went to sleep very happy, cart siting upright in the box.

Woke up this morning and tried to hit it on 7.4 and didn't get anything past a small puff. Now I'm not so sure it was a priming issue because the first two carts tasted not great (got carts and persei from Planet vape), but perhaps it was user error. Reclaimed .6 from failed cart 1 into cart #3, after checking for glow. This was my 2nd to last one so I was extra careful. Primed on 3.7v and got some vapor but it quit soon after. Extremely hesitantly I reclaimed into my last cart. filled it with .8 and primed the shit out of it. Hit it very sparingly with 3.7v for a while until deciding to try 7.4. Never held the button on 7.4v for longer than 2 seconds until I saw sure I was getting good hits - which tasted fantastic, glass nail good. After a day of on the go use, a trip to the woods, and using it a lot in general, my cart still weighs the same. So that's where I'm at. Burned through 3 carts, love the one that finally worked, can't wait to try the double barrel.

As for the product itself. The box only has space for the 3.7v battery, you can only keep both sets of batteries in the box if you keep a set in the persei or kinda jam them in there. I like the carts, I love the black mouth pieces and soft silicone or whatever tips. I think the learning curve is steep, but not too steep that three of us in my place couldn't all get the hang of in a few minutes. I'm smart enough to use other vapes and extract oil in the first place so I'm not sure if that I burned though 3 carts is my fault or what.

Twanbiz said:
Hmm well maybe we need some updated instructions? I will probably wait until we hear more about the metallic carts as well. Thanks for the tips everyone. Also, for "burning out" a cart while priming, were you able to create vapor before the cart was fried? As I said I was getting vapor fine and then it just stopped all of a sudden, so would this still have to do with priming?

I was getting some out of the first three carts but very little, nothing like in the videos and it didn't taste good at all. After my 2nd cart burned out I was very hesitant and careful so I don't really know what to say for the fate of the 3rd. I'm really not the person to ask since these are my first 24 hours with a cart based oil vape like the omicron or persei, I'm sure other members on the thread could shed some light. I do think the packaging needs updated instructions. all of the conflicting information certainly contributed to my difficulties. With how good this last cart tastes too, it makes me think maybe there was something wrong with one or more of the first three.

As of right now it's on the table next to me in 7.4v mode ready to go, and that makes me happy. I'll post a video of some rips later on if I get the change. In the meantime, if you didn't see it, here's this unboxing video I made.Persei Unboxing

kingcrimson,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
King contact me directly tomorrow 818-849-6133 we will see what we cando for your cart issues.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

kingcrimson

Will do. Thanks in advance for great customer service. I did get everything from planet vape, if that matters, just letting you know. I can't wait to get some more carts to throw on this thing, it'll be able to put down a horse. :)

kingcrimson,

kingcrimson

havealight101 said:
I'm glad u got 1 to go. Shows the light at the end of the tunnel.

For sure. I'm also glad I asked Planet vape if they had any coupons via email. If I hadn't gotten the coupon for 2 extra carts it's likely I could have burnt through 2, and been up shit creek with no paddle. :uhoh:

kingcrimson,
Clouds are there, no doubt. No vids from me though. Someone will soon enough. If that's what your waiting for to order, have faith, just get it.

havealight101,

kingcrimson

havealight101 said:
Clouds are there, no doubt.

Indeed. Should have put that in my review, but I forgot. This thing is very noticeable when hit. large clouds that stink so good. If youre looking for a discrete sipper go with a higher ohm # and a lower voltage battery, or get an omi. If again, you want to put down a horse, get the persei.

kingcrimson,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
kingcrimson said:
havealight101 said:
I'm glad u got 1 to go. Shows the light at the end of the tunnel.

For sure. I'm also glad I asked Planet vape if they had any coupons via email. If I hadn't gotten the coupon for 2 extra carts it's likely I could have burnt through 2, and been up shit creek with no paddle. :uhoh:

Where did you get a coupon for two extra carts?
I just ordered a Black Persei from PV the other day and their website specifically says "No Discount Codes Apply To Any Persei Products" and their FC discount page specifies Omicron carts for the two extra.
I sure would have wanted two extra carts...especially given how much trouble people seem to be having with them.
:/

Sinclue,

tharealmclovin

Are people really having that much trouble with Carts on the Persei??? Is it just people that havnt used the Omicron and just jumped into a Persei with no prior experience? It shouldnt be much different than the Omicron, Right???

tharealmclovin,
Top Bottom