• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

kingcrimson said:
Pulling slowly. It primed fine, gave 4 or 5 vapory/machine oily hits, and now just wont produce any vapor. Not clogged, batteries are fine, put an empty cart on and it glowed under power so the issue is in the full cart. Im used to pulling extra slow on my mflb so I dont think im hitting it too hard either.
Same here, but 10 or so hits.

havealight101,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
kingcrimson said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
How long you holding the button for?

between 4-10 seconds, pulling slowly the entire time and a little afterwards.

You where able to hold on for ten seconds with the 4.0 ohm carts?

Did you let it cool down between hits?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ganjapharma

love my new persei, but have one real issue with it. my lips are not configured properly to conform to the double tip thing. gonna try to find a 2 to 1 adapter of some sort. i am quite sure that i dont draw evenly through both carts the way it is.

ganjapharma,

kingcrimson

never got a full 10 second rip really, or anything close to what I've seen you guys do in the videos. Just a few exhales with some vapor. Is it possible that It never actually primed, and I burnt the cart out because it was mostly dry or something? I figure its very likely that I am the issue and not the hardware, but still - I thought I followed all the directions.

just saw your edit THC; Cool down in between hits. Hmmm, maybe that was it. it got hot but never too hot to the touch. I kept pulling after I let the button off to allow some cool air to flow through and cool down like you said in your vids, but that's about it.

so for those of you that have reclaimed oil from carts... hows that work? :|

kingcrimson,
ganjapharma said:
love my new persei, but have one real issue with it. my lips are not configured properly to conform to the double tip thing. gonna try to find a 2 to 1 adapter of some sort. i am quite sure that i dont draw evenly through both carts the way it is.

I found it hard also, but I'm good with a single cart.

havealight101,

DubCRider

I would fill/prime with the 3.7v until I know the cart is running well. Once it melts down rip away at 7.4v.

DubCRider,

kingcrimson

DubCRider said:
I would fill/prime with the 3.7v until I know the cart is running well. Once it melts down rip away at 7.4v.

but don't the 4 ohm carts have the red dot at 3.7v on the cart chart? Thought that meant they wouldn't work.

kingcrimson,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
havealight101,
Are you using the rubber mouthpiece or the new ones that are included in the Persei kit?, Try using the new ones if you currently are using the rubber ones.

kingcrimson said:
but don't the 4 ohm carts have the red dot at 3.7v on the cart chart? Thought that meant they wouldn't work.

Yes kingcrimson, that is correct, you don't want to be using 4.0 ohm carts at 3.7v for vapor production, but for priming they work well and help to avoid melting your coils by priming dry at 7.4v for too long.

Also fully charged 18350 batteries put out 4.2v, so two of them are juicing your Persei at 8.4volts !!, that is a lot of power going through two little coils. Since everyone just got theirs and charge the batteries before use, these cartridges are getting an 8.4volt blast which can very quickly melt your dry coils.
P.V.

edited to add second response

PlanetHaze,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
havealight101 said:
Can I ever get an answer on why the nasty carts taste nasty, THC?

I am sorry I did not see your question, can you please re ask?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
kingcrimson said:
DubCRider said:

Ok let's explain in detail.

Higher number ohm carts raid resistance. Meaning longer time to warm up reason why you need higher voltage.

Priming 3,4,5 ohm carts at 3.7v is not a bad idea, DubC is right. You can use lower voltage to prime higher res carts.

Larger number = higher resistance = more voltage to heat up faster.

Using lower voltage for high res carts will take longer to heat
Up, drain more amps out of the lower voltage batteries.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Mouthpieces aren't the problem... Ok, so my 2 carts that came with my Persei, have that same nasty taste that I encountered in some 2.4 ohm carts I ordered from PV 1 month ago. 1 cart did die after a dozen pulls or so(probably my fault, but never held the button long). I'm not worried about a couple carts, but I would like to know what is that taste?(silica wick, oil, extra sealant?) It can't be healthy... And if you never got your hands on some of the carts, I can send a couple clean ones I have been holding onto for that purpose. I am extremely happy with my Persei, a 5 second 4 ohm single 7.4 volt rip almost puts me down.

havealight101,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
is this thing pocketable? or is it the nice donkey dick look pokin thru your jean pockets kinda look? My solo is portable and all but...just isnt gonna work in the front pocket... haha! :D

Xchadb,

kingcrimson

ok so I'm going to load a fresh cart. just checked it, orange glow and everything. I'll prime it at 3.7 volts. Wish me luck everyone

Xchadb said:
is this thing pocketable? or is it the nice donkey dick look pokin thru your jean pockets kinda look? My solo is portable and all but...just isnt gonna work in the front pocket... haha! :D
pocketable for sure, just not with the batteries/cart in in case of accidental discharge. heh.

kingcrimson,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
havealight101 said:
Mouthpieces aren't the problem... Ok, so my 2 carts that came with my Persei, have that same nasty taste that I encountered in some 2.4 ohm carts I ordered from PV 1 month ago. 1 cart did die after a dozen pulls or so(probably my fault, but never held the button long). I'm not worried about a couple carts, but I would like to know what is that taste?(silica wick, oil, extra sealant?) It can't be healthy... And if you never got your hands on some of the carts, I can send a couple clean ones I have been holding onto for that purpose. I am extremely happy with my Persei, a 5 second 4 ohm single 7.4 volt rip almost puts me down.

Please send me the carts. I will pay for the shipment with extra cartridges sent back to you.

I want to see this cart, also in the box include a note that Says G wanted these to tear apart because of the taste, and include your email and contact info if we need to talk to you over the phone or email.

Let me look at this personally.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Xchadb said:

sometimes the Donkey dick look is needed for them super freaks. Im just sayin, the Persei might even get you laid.

^^^^ Please disregard that statement if you are a female.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
kingcrimson said:
ok so I'm going to load a fresh cart. just checked it, orange glow and everything. I'll prime it at 3.7 volts. Wish me luck everyone

Xchadb said:
pocketable for sure, just not with the batteries/cart in in case of accidental discharge. heh.
nice... heh yeah. My revolution i always break down into two pieces, usually throw the cart in my coin pocket and the battery in my back pocket upright next to my wallet, cause in the front pocket its heavy and ackward and shifts around in your pocket. Hoping i can do the same with the persei the housing and button look sturdy as hell

Xchadb,

kingcrimson

so it's pretty much a given that while you load a cart the top 1/4 inch can get a little warm? Never too hot to the touch but, well warm. The fill tool seems to conduct heat into the cart. I just wanted to make double sure that the do not heat portion of the cart is the bottom, and I am in fact loading properly.

kingcrimson,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
kingcrimson said:
so it's pretty much a given that while you load a cart the top 1/4 inch can get a little warm? Never too hot to the touch but, well warm. The fill tool seems to conduct heat into the cart. I just wanted to make double sure that the do not heat portion of the cart is the bottom, and I am in fact loading properly.

Yes warm is good when heating.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
is that earwax under your nails or earwax? eh? haha :lol: but no really dont you hate when you drop a small piece of wax or budder and you cant even find that shit because it looks like a speck of dirt.....then later you step on it and track sticky bho all over your house....

Xchadb,
Top Bottom