Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
havealight101 said:
First cart died after 12 or so hits.:|. Never held it longer than 5 secs. Time to get the torch.

Can you better explain what you where doing to it that it fried? We want to make sure its not a cartridge issue.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

StepInToSpace

greatest thing ever. buddy ran out of his awesome oil so I could only get a g from a dispensary. cant wait to double barrel it, getting fat hits off single 4ohm cart.

Thought filling the cart would be much harder but it was a breeze.

StepInToSpace,

SlideOrDie

In order to get my batteries (18350) to sit flush, I too need to nearly back the spacer at the bottom all the way out to the point where the end cap wont go on unless it moves the spacer inside up a little.

I'm guessing the units you guys were demoing on youtube have had quite a bit of use and battery changing? So maybe the spring at the bottom on yours has just sagged a little which is why you can get battery movement and we can barely get ours to sit flush?

Also, is the key supposed to fit the bottom cap on the Persei, because mine doesn't :(

SlideOrDie,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
SlideOrDie said:
In order to get my batteries (18350) to sit flush, I too need to nearly back the spacer at the bottom all the way out to the point where the end cap wont go on unless it moves the spacer inside up a little.

I'm guessing the units you guys were demoing on youtube have had quite a bit of use and battery changing? So maybe the spring at the bottom on yours has just sagged a little which is why you can get battery movement and we can barely get ours to sit flush?

Also, is the key supposed to fit the bottom cap on the Persei, because mine doesn't :(

The keys not for the bottom cap, it is for the adjustment plate, also the ones that where prototypes where a little longer, when you screw the top on you just do another half circle twist on the bottom adjustment plate and the cap will fit.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

SlideOrDie

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
The keys not for the bottom cap, it is for the adjustment plate, also the ones that where prototypes where a little longer, when you screw the top on you just do another half circle twist on the bottom adjustment plate and the cap will fit.

That's great news then :)

It works fine as you described just a bit of a tight squeeze with the 18350 batteries :)

Also, is it ok to still pre test carts by dry firing them to see if they glow? I'm just worried about harming them with the high voltage.

SlideOrDie,
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
havealight101 said:
First cart died after 12 or so hits.:|. Never held it longer than 5 secs. Time to get the torch.

Can you better explain what you where doing to it that it fried? We want to make sure its not a cartridge issue.
I am very carful with my carts. But I did have a buddy that used it when I wasn't there, so he might have held the button for way to long. I am very careful with heat when I fill it. One other problem though. The other cart that came with it tastes like those nasty carts from a while a go. What the HELL is it. Oil, silicone, silica. I think we shouldn't know. I love your product, but I don't love the fact that I don't know if the carts I fill are going to taste Great, or like rubbery NASTINESS! Oh well at least I ordered a 5 pack or I would have been screwed.

havealight101,

kingcrimson

Holy crap! Mine got here today instead of monday. Im overjoyed, time to change my forum sig lol. Batteries are on the charger now, and Im getting ready to do a concentrate extraction with butane in an okief tube. (wish me yeild luck)

At first I thought things were missing as I couldnt find the charger or some other stuff, but they were just hidden in the box. First impressions of the device are great, nice weight in your hand, great size (thats what she said), and looks awesome.

Only complaints would be the name on the device ruins the looks a little imo, and the button though it has a really nice feel, i sort of wish it wasnt flush with its mount so that you have to really push. Maybe ill just grow my fingernails out a little. :lol: my adjustment tool has a big scratch on the bottom of it, and my box appears to have some sort of residue on it. either way all are extremely minor issues. I absolutley can not wait to get this bad boy hitting.

Questions:
How long did it take you to charge your batteries?
How do i avoid filling a bad cart? Push button down for <6 seconds and look for orange glow - thats to make sure the cart works. But how do i ensure i dont fill a workin cart but one that has the bad taste i keep reading about?
Do you have to use a torch lighter for filling?

kingcrimson,
Your probably good on the bad tasters, I seem to be the only one with that problem. Batteries take a few hours. Good luck on the yield. It really only takes a secot or two to see the carts glowing when you test them. Torch is best, don't over heat the cart though.

havealight101,

ozi

got mine today, all i have to say is wow :o

a bic works just fine to make it run on down into the cart.

ozi,

chucho

What is the convination to use the diferent extract cartridges ? do you have the 3.0ohm for 6.0v and 4.0ohm for 7.4v in stock? any of this two can be used with omicron?
Thank you for your time.

chucho,

SlideOrDie

chucho said:
What is the convination to use the diferent extract cartridges ? do you have the 3.0ohm for 6.0v and 4.0ohm for 7.4v in stock? any of this two can be used with omicron?
Thank you for your time.

This is a thread for the Persei, the Omicron only works at 3.7v and is not adjustable. That being said, you should stick to the 2.4ohm carts until this 1.5ohm carts come out if you have an Omicron.

SlideOrDie,

tharealmclovin

Any chance o matching black carts in the future? And how does everyone with the black ones feel about the silver carts?

tharealmclovin,

SlideOrDie

tharealmclovin said:
Any chance o matching black carts in the future? And how does everyone with the black ones feel about the silver carts?

I have a black Persei and IMO it looks much better and doesn't attract all of the fingerprints which the chrome version of the Persei seems to do.

I highly doubt they will ever make black cartridges.

SlideOrDie,

tharealmclovin

SlideOrDie said:
tharealmclovin said:

I have a black Persei and IMO it looks much better and doesn't attract all of the fingerprints which the chrome version of the Persei seems to do.

I highly doubt they will ever make black cartridges.

I agree. That's why I covered my omicron in black vinyl. But the cover hides the cart very well in comparison to the Persei.

tharealmclovin,

kingcrimson

How do you tell when a full cart has failed or is dead? I got four or so great hits, and now I cant get anything and the base of the cart doesnt get warm after any amount of button press. Pretty bummed out right now.

kingcrimson,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
kingcrimson said:
How do you tell when a full cart has failed or is dead? I got four or so great hits, and now I cant get anything and the base of the cart doesnt get warm after any amount of button press. Pretty bummed out right now.

What where you doing when it failed?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

kingcrimson

Pulling slowly. It primed fine, gave 4 or 5 vapory/machine oily hits, and now just wont produce any vapor. Not clogged, batteries are fine, put an empty cart on and it glowed under power so the issue is in the full cart. Im used to pulling extra slow on my mflb so I dont think im hitting it too hard either.

kingcrimson,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Well, that sounds like a dead cart to me, do you happen to have a multimeter available?

I know there is a way to test carts based on ther resistance, but I've never done it so you will need to wait for someone who knows a bit more about it to help you further.

There is also a testing unit being developed, but it's not available yet.

Edit, I posted this before thc's response, and king Krimsons reply... Wtf?

Frederick McGuire,

kingcrimson

Yeah, I'm aware of the tester thats coming out, and no I don't have a multimeter. :L

I'm pretty sure the cart would be getting warm if it weren't dead. Alas. I won't be able to try double-barreling it now.

kingcrimson,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
kingcrimson said:
Yeah, I'm aware of the tester thats coming out, and no I don't have a multimeter. :L

I'm pretty sure the cart would be getting warm if it weren't dead. Alas. I won't be able to try double-barreling it now.

That's interesting, what ohm did it say on the cartridges?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

kingcrimson

4 ohm. using the 7.4v batteries. I'm about to load another cart but it's the only other gram of concentrate I have and I'm a little :uhoh: But I really want to get this working, I was looking forward to it so much.

speaking of the concentrate, if it matters, both grams are the same material that I made today, purged just fine, smoked great. It's lemon-lime colored and earwax texture. solid at room temp.

kingcrimson,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
kingcrimson said:
4 ohm. using the 7.4v batteries. I'm about to load another cart but it's the only other gram of concentrate I have and I'm a little :uhoh: But I really want to get this working, I was looking forward to it so much.

speaking of the concentrate, if it matters, both grams are the same material that I made today, purged just fine, smoked great. It's lemon-lime colored and earwax texture. solid at room temp.

How long you holding the button for?

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom