Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
havealight101 said:
Charged up. OMG. Single 4 ohm.... 4 secs has me hacking! :). I did take a half dozen ripps to get the initialmachine oil taste gone.
Edit: Double 4 ohm is what we all thought it would be... Intense! Nice work guys!

Go easy on it boss, as these units are high powered and are able to literally pull oil out the middle air tube. Key is slow really slow pulls as slow as you can.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

SlideOrDie

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Go easy on it boss, as these units are high powered and are able to literally pull oil out the middle air tube. Key is slow really slow pulls as slow as you can.

I remember you saying in one of your videos that you were having issues with oil coming out of the center of the carts with the Persei and that it would hopefully be fixed before it was released?

Just curious if the issue causing the problem was fixed or if it's just something we're going to have to deal with for now?

SlideOrDie,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
OMFG!! is a phrase oft overused on the 'ole interwebs, but this is what the phrase was invented for
just loaded two 4 ohm carts w/ my least vapory bho and the top of my head blew off immediately.
This has lived up to the hype. You don't need lung fulls in any way. a couple slow sips and a couple taps at 7.4 w/ 4. ohm and bam, CLOUDS!! there is no hitting this on this setting in public. not happening. beautiful work guys

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
SlideOrDie said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

I remember you saying in one of your videos that you were having issues with oil coming out of the center of the carts with the Persei and that it would hopefully be fixed before it was released?

Just curious if the issue causing the problem was fixed or if it's just something we're going to have to deal with for now?

the issue is almost fixed, it revolves around production, but to make it reach higher success rate we have to combine it with a slower pull.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

SlideOrDie

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
the issue is almost fixed, it revolves around production, but to make it reach higher success rate we have to combine it with a slower pull.

So as of now you're working on fixing the problem, but didn't before the first shipment of Persei's went out?

I'm assuming this will be fixed when the V2 carts eventually come out?

So we will probably run into this problem still, it is just less likely to happen if we inhale very slowly?

SlideOrDie,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
SlideOrDie said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

So as of now you're working on fixing the problem, but didn't before the first shipment of Persei's went out?

So we will probably run into this problem still, it is just less likely to happen if we inhale very slowly?
you don't need to pull fast at all. has been a non-issue for me anyway. i wouldn't stress it. bummed about the adapters, but whaddayagonnado

Bob Loblaw,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Hey THC,
I have a question about battery position adjustment and the end cap.
when putting the two batteries in i find i had to back the negative end out
with the adjuster almost to the end. should i just barely thread the cap to meet it
or should i screw the cap all the way down?

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Bob Loblaw said:
Hey THC,
with the adjuster almost to the end. should i just barely thread the cap to meet it

Screw the adjuster plate in a little bit more until the cap is seated perfectly.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
SlideOrDie said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

the problem is with the top bridge, when we assemble the cartridges, some times the bridges are not pushed all the way in, when you put the mouth piece on it covers the bridge and creates suction thus

The V2 cart will hopefully fix this issue, but like I said the current carts because they are hand assembled sometimes the bridge is to far up.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Bob Loblaw said:
Hey THC,

Screw the adjuster plate in a little bit more until the cap is seated perfectly.

got it, just didn't want to add too much pressure and i figured i'd better be safe than sorry.
as for the mouthpieces, i just don't push them all the way in. let the rubber sit outside the cart and i haven't had any pressure issues no matter how hard i pull. but i might have both carts w/ a low enough bridge. just :2c:

Bob Loblaw,

SlideOrDie

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
the problem is with the top bridge, when we assemble the cartridges, some times the bridges are not pushed all the way in, when you put the mouth piece on it covers the bridge and creates suction thus

The V2 cart will hopefully fix this issue, but like I said the current carts because they are hand assembled sometimes the bridge is to far up.

Ok, just curious if it's ok to leave the batteries inside the persei when you're storing it?

SlideOrDie,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
SlideOrDie said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

Ok, just curious if it's ok to leave the batteries inside the persei when you're storing it?

I would not, its best that the cartridges are off, and the batteries out if you are doing it overnight. Thats just me.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

SlideOrDie

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
I would not, its best that the cartridges are off, and the batteries out if you are doing it overnight. Thats just me.

If we're traveling with it and whatnot for few hours leaving the batteries in is fine then?

Hope that Persei case is coming soon with a place for a set or two of the 18350 batteries :)

SlideOrDie,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
SlideOrDie said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

If we're traveling with it and whatnot for few hours leaving the batteries in is fine then?

Hope that Persei case is coming soon with a place for a set or two of the 18350 batteries :)

Thats fine, but you have to understand you need to make sure where ever your leaving the Persei that the button will not get pressed if it is inside a back pack. Reason why i take them off if its going on a backpack.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

SlideOrDie

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Thats fine, but you have to understand you need to make sure where ever your leaving the Persei that the button will not get pressed if it is inside a back pack. Reason why i take them off if its going on a backpack.

Yeah that makes sense, I'll take the batteries out when transporting it just to be sure. Too bad the Persei didn't have an on off feature like the V2 Omicron :(

That being said, I have found that the box from a pack of fill tools fits 2 sets of the 18350 batteries perfectly! Problem solved until the Persei case is released :)

SlideOrDie,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
SlideOrDie said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

Yeah that makes sense, I'll take the batteries out when transporting it just to be sure. Too bad the Persei didn't have an on off feature like the V2 Omicron :(

That being said, I have found that the box from a pack of fill tools fits 2 sets of the 18350 batteries perfectly! Problem solved until the Persei case is released :)

We wanted to do this, but we also wanted to keep the electronics simple inside. Less issues this way if there are any.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Darb

Any more reviews guys?
Any videos?
Mines not coming until Monday.....gonna be a long weekend of waiting for me.

Darb,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Darb said:
Any more reviews guys?
Any videos?
Mines not coming until Monday.....gonna be a long weekend of waiting for me.

i'll try to get a vid up later tonite. i pity you. it's worth the wait

Bob Loblaw,

bruno13

insomniac
My first two 4 ohm carts also burned out very fast. I attributed it user error. The three I have filled since then have worked perfectly. I was careful to prime it lightly at first to make sure the wick was fully saturated before hitting it hard. One of them has been filled a couple times.

bruno13,

kingcrimson

So jealous. Any reviews would be appriciated. how warm is the vapor? How hot does the device and or the cart get? Any leaking out the top or otherwise? Cant wait until monday when mine comes. :/

kingcrimson,
Top Bottom