Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

kingcrimson

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
kingcrimson said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
warm is good when heating.

aw. now i feel dumb. :lol:

I just realized i made a smartass comment without even trying.

but yes warm is better then to hot to touch.

cool, good to know. Thanks. No worries about the smart-assery. I enjoy it far more than a sterile robotic entirely politically correct response every time.

kingcrimson,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Xchadb said:
is this thing pocketable? or is it the nice donkey dick look pokin thru your jean pockets kinda look? My solo is portable and all but...just isnt gonna work in the front pocket... haha! :D

sometimes the Donkey dick look is needed for them super freaks. Im just sayin, the Persei might even get you laid.

^^^^ Please disregard that statement if you are a female.
nice! :D Guessing if you get girls grinding on you hard enough your pocket might start glowing blue too eh? haha! :brow:

Xchadb,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Xchadb said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Xchadb said:
is this thing pocketable? or is it the nice donkey dick look pokin thru your jean pockets kinda look? My solo is portable and all but...just isnt gonna work in the front pocket... haha! :D

sometimes the Donkey dick look is needed for them super freaks. Im just sayin, the Persei might even get you laid.

^^^^ Please disregard that statement if you are a female.
nice! :D Guessing if you get girls grinding on you hard enough your pocket might start glowing blue too eh? haha! :brow:

I should add that to the selling points huh.

glow Blue while she bounces all over you.

Sounds about right?

:lol:

THC SCIENTIFIC,

kingcrimson

Alright, so my 2nd cart is full. Now on to priming. I have the 3.7v battery in, and as per the instruction booklet, am hitting the button for 2 seconds, and then pulling lightly with my mouth - and I just keep doing this until I start getting vapor? Since I'm using the less powerful batter should I extend the amount of time I hold the button?

kingcrimson,
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
havealight101 said:
Mouthpieces aren't the problem... Ok, so my 2 carts that came with my Persei, have that same nasty taste that I encountered in some 2.4 ohm carts I ordered from PV 1 month ago. 1 cart did die after a dozen pulls or so(probably my fault, but never held the button long). I'm not worried about a couple carts, but I would like to know what is that taste?(silica wick, oil, extra sealant?) It can't be healthy... And if you never got your hands on some of the carts, I can send a couple clean ones I have been holding onto for that purpose. I am extremely happy with my Persei, a 5 second 4 ohm single 7.4 volt rip almost puts me down.

Please send me the carts. I will pay for the shipment with extra cartridges sent back to you.

I want to see this cart, also in the box include a note that Says G wanted these to tear apart because of the taste, and include your email and contact info if we need to talk to you over the phone or email.

Let me look at this personally.
Thanks, pull a ticket at d9v then?

havealight101,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
havealight101 said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
havealight101 said:
Mouthpieces aren't the problem... Ok, so my 2 carts that came with my Persei, have that same nasty taste that I encountered in some 2.4 ohm carts I ordered from PV 1 month ago. 1 cart did die after a dozen pulls or so(probably my fault, but never held the button long). I'm not worried about a couple carts, but I would like to know what is that taste?(silica wick, oil, extra sealant?) It can't be healthy... And if you never got your hands on some of the carts, I can send a couple clean ones I have been holding onto for that purpose. I am extremely happy with my Persei, a 5 second 4 ohm single 7.4 volt rip almost puts me down.

Please send me the carts. I will pay for the shipment with extra cartridges sent back to you.

I want to see this cart, also in the box include a note that Says G wanted these to tear apart because of the taste, and include your email and contact info if we need to talk to you over the phone or email.

Let me look at this personally.
Thanks, pull a ticket at d9v then?

Yes please also include in the ticket this conversation.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
kingcrimson said:
Alright, so my 2nd cart is full. Now on to priming. I have the 3.7v battery in, and as per the instruction booklet, am hitting the button for 2 seconds, and then pulling lightly with my mouth - and I just keep doing this until I start getting vapor? Since I'm using the less powerful batter should I extend the amount of time I hold the button?
Yes you should. A 4 ohm cart on a 3.7 would likely have less watts then a 2.4 ohm for the omicron. I was hitting mine for 10+ seconds and still wasn't too warm at all.

havealight101,

kingcrimson

ok thanks Havealight. It was exceptionally thick oil so, I'm thinking maybe it's just taking a decade to prime or something. Or I just don't know what I'm doing.

edit: 10 minutes later, still no vapor. What am I doing wrong??

kingcrimson,

OF

kingcrimson said:

KC, here's my take on this FWIW. You need to get the load (or at least most of it) melted down on top of the feed heater at the bottom of the tube. Where the seals are (so you can't heat it there directly). The problem is the oil hit the cold tube and 'set up' right there, there's a bubble of air between it and the bottom still. The whole mess has to get hot at the same time to melt into one mass. The overheating threat is at the bottom. The stainless steel of the tube doesn't conduct heat well up and down (fortunately).

So I hold the cart just below the center point with one hand (top half exposed) and rotate it so it heats from all sides while hitting it with fire. I heat at about 1/3 of the way down for a fair bit (below the bridge and the top of the load typically) until I feel the tube warm up some at the 2/3 point where my fingers are then move up to the top. Hopefully the hot oil will slide past the warm tube, the usual feedback is to have the part I'm holding suddenly get warm when the oil drops (and usually a puff of vapor comes out the top).

As long as you're able to hang onto the bottom third or so of the cart without saying bad words you should be fine.

This should get the ends of the wick wet with concentrate and ready to feed when you 'prime'. Otherwise, you have to depend on the outer (feed) heater to melt enough down to the wick ends while the main heater runs dry. With thinner oils this is not a big deal, but with hard waxes, shatters and the like I think it 's the only way to go.

OF

OF,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I did the same thing OF posted when my omicron cart started hitting lighter than it should have.
It worked for me. :)
I held the cart so that the top of my thumb was pretty much half way up the cart, and just waved my torch all around the top half until it felt warm.
I didn't feel the concentrate drop down the cart, but it definitely got the vapor flowing again.

Frederick McGuire,

kingcrimson

Eureka! Vapor, vapor! piles and piles of vapor! :D :D :D uh oh... now I'm scared to try the 7.4v batts. :brow:

Looks like I definately killed my first cart trying to prime it on 7.4v. Thought it was primed, but it wasn't and i bet it burnt out. Anyone have any tips for salvaging my oil?

kingcrimson,

DubCRider

Hotdog tongs, lighter, and glass vial.

Hold the cart with the tongs, torch it, and reclaim in to your vial. I did it to 20+ carts that were low and got 8g's of flavor. I could pull flavors from all the concentrates, it was a mystery dab every time!

DubCRider,

kingcrimson

hahahaha, perfect - thanks. I just tried out 7.4 and was coughing so hard I woke the dog and probably some of my room mates up. This is everything I hoped it would be and more, very very pleased right now.

Heads up - I've a surprise for you (THC and DubC) - I can't say what it is but It'll be ready in several hours.

kingcrimson,

SlideOrDie

kingcrimson said:
hahahaha, perfect - thanks. I just tried out 7.4 and was coughing so hard I woke the dog and probably some of my room mates up. This is everything I hoped it would be and more, very very pleased right now.

Heads up - I've a surprise for you (THC and DubC) - I can't say what it is but It'll be ready in several hours.

I'm guessing either a first review... Or a video... Or both!

Glad to hear you've got it up and running like it should, congrats!

I will take note to prime my 4ohm carts with the 3.7v battery :)

SlideOrDie,

druminfected

I think my batteries are charged, but I see a green light that flashes red. Does this mean it's charged then or does it need to stay green? thanks FC peeps!

druminfected,

StepInToSpace

2x rcr123 for 6.0 volts

I am looking to buy some of these batteries. Do I want to buy 3V or 3.6V?

StepInToSpace,

SlideOrDie

druminfected said:
I think my batteries are charged, but I see a green light that flashes red. Does this mean it's charged then or does it need to stay green? thanks FC peeps!

You're good to go!

SlideOrDie,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Guys we will have the 3v batts up on the site in a few days.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

kingcrimson

ah, here we are. Nothing special or too complicated, but I hope you like it a fraction as much as I like my
Persei.

kingcrimson,

chucho

SlideOrDie said:
chucho said:
What is the convination to use the diferent extract cartridges ? do you have the 3.0ohm for 6.0v and 4.0ohm for 7.4v in stock? any of this two can be used with omicron?
Thank you for your time.

This is a thread for the Persei, the Omicron only works at 3.7v and is not adjustable. That being said, you should stick to the 2.4ohm carts until this 1.5ohm carts come out if you have an Omicron.

Maybe is my bad english but they where diferent questions. They only one that talks about omicron is the last one... thats why i said conbination of cartridges, in the omicron there is no posible conbination as you can only use one.

chucho,

OF

kingcrimson said:
Thank you so much OF. I owe ya one. Giving it a try now.

Frederick McGuire said:
I did the same thing OF posted when my omicron cart started hitting lighter than it should have.
It worked for me. :)
I held the cart so that the top of my thumb was pretty much half way up the cart, and just waved my torch all around the top half until it felt warm.
I didn't feel the concentrate drop down the cart, but it definitely got the vapor flowing again.

kingcrimson said:
Eureka! Vapor, vapor! piles and piles of vapor! :D :D :D uh oh... now I'm scared to try the 7.4v batts. :brow:

kingcrimson said:

Hot damn! Glad it worked out for you, hard to describe but IMO very important technique/insight. I'm sorry the lesson cost you a cart, but IMO it's a small price to pay?

I don't know about you, but I like happy endings...

You're very welcome. Please remember your current gratitude when you get my bill.....

OF

OF,
Top Bottom