Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

I was thinking more so that it might save FC threads some clutter. And yes more for sharing ideas, not social media(not my thing). Our convo earlier about PF's might have been a good candidate? I don't know... More just thinking w/my keyboard...
I'll get back on topic.

havealight101,

OF

I was thinking more so that it might save FC threads some clutter. And yes more for sharing ideas, not social media(not my thing). Our convo earlier about PF's might have been a good candidate? I don't know... More just thinking w/my keyboard...
I'll get back on topic.

One thing in favor of this awkward way is it creates a record....not that many folks seem all that willing to actually use the search function of course.

I still think it might have some merit. Then again, I kind of like the idea of a mass picnic/party in a local park as well. Drive the heat bonkers, wouldn't it?

OF

OF,

jpdnkstr

To each his (or her) own as far as flavoring is concerned.... I can appreciate the stay out of jail health reason but on the other hand, I produce my own everything, from flowers all the way to concentrates, and I'll be damned if I'm going to alter that flavor. I've worked too long and hard to get there to change it!

OF

To each his (or her) own as far as flavoring is concerned.... I can appreciate the stay out of jail health reason but on the other hand, I produce my own everything, from flowers all the way to concentrates, and I'll be damned if I'm going to alter that flavor. I've worked too long and hard to get there to change it!

Yer a fortunate fellow indeed. Perhaps a percent or so of the total population?? For a whole host of reasons, most everyone else is way down that food chain. I'd say 3/4 can't buy 2 or more suitable oils within 25 miles of their house at present. And by suitable, I mean something that works....

It's a funny world. If you're French and you make wine you can sell it to the Yanks when you can't get locals to cook with it. Make bad wine? Turn it into Cognac....then sell it to the Yanks for even more money. Make some lame Cognac? Flavor it Orange, add some sugar, re bottle and sell it to those same Yanks for more still.

As I use the best oils I can find, I'll be thinking of you with envy for sure. It may be vicarious, but I'm enjoying the idea already....thanks.

OF

OF,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
mostly thinking of trim leaf product that i over-purge anyway to kill terpenes as much as possible. my stealth oil doesn't smell like anything, yet still does the job it was bred for. don't get me wrong, i enjoy my olfactory input, but not every batch needs to smell like the herb it was made from. i feel ya tho, as one who also "makes my own". it's hard to kill something you made ;)

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
UPDATE ON TEST CARTS:

so after ripping on mine for a few days more, i must say that flavors
of both old and new carts have pretty much evened out.
while i could tell the difference blindly at the beginning, i no longer can.
i can still tell the diff. between the leaf and bud carts, but not between the
old and new. no leaking probs either. thanks again, THC. they look like winners

Bob Loblaw,

JoeKickass

UPDATE ON TEST CARTS:

so after ripping on mine for a few days more, i must say that flavors
of both old and new carts have pretty much evened out.
while i could tell the difference blindly at the beginning, i no longer can.
i can still tell the diff. between the leaf and bud carts, but not between the
old and new. no leaking probs either. thanks again, THC. they look like winners

Yes I agree, I have retired two of my test carts after several grams of oil each, the third is going strong with the reclaimed oil, and the fourth and fifth are primed with wax for travel use (test puffs are thick and flavorful)

I say the sooner this process can be implemented on the rest of the carts, the better. Who knows, maybe rayfar would have had a completely different experience...

OF

I say the sooner this process can be implemented on the rest of the carts, the better. Who knows, maybe rayfar would have had a completely different experience...

I agree fully with the first part. It might not be the perfect solution, but it's clearly better than before. A solid improvement from what I've seen that should be implemented. Product improvement is, after all, an ongoing thing.....or should be at least.

The carts I got are not 'taste free', none I ever had have been so. I can clearly taste the metal the cart is made of if I'm looking for it. I'm quite pleased with them, but I would frankly not hold out that hope for rayfar. I'd like to be wrong, but think those odds are long indeed.

You're right, though, 'all' the guys would thank G for working the new carts in. At least as I see it. Good call.

OF

nickzzzx

Quick question, would running a 5ohm cart at 3.7v blow anything? I ask because I mistakenly dry fired a 5ohm cart at 3.7v and it made a pop sound at first then wouldn't heat up. I switched to 7.4v and it heated up fine although the coil doesn't quite look the same (I could be wrong, could be in my head). Dry pull taste doesn't seem to be an issue. I just want to know if the cart got damaged.

nickzzzx,

DubCRider

No, you won't see a 5ohm glow at 3.7v. The cart will almost last forever at those settings. If you see the red dots on the chart at the lower left corner that signifys under powering. Picture feeding a 100watt lightbulb 50-75watts.

DubCRider,

nickzzzx

No, you won't see a 5ohm glow at 3.7v. The cart will almost last forever at those settings. If you see the red dots on the chart at the lower left corner that signifys under powering. Picture feeding a 100watt lightbulb 50-75watts.
That's what I thought, my only concern was the very audible "pop" I heard when I initially heated it up. Not sure what made the sound, but it heats up fine.

nickzzzx,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Quick question, would running a 5ohm cart at 3.7v blow anything? I ask because I mistakenly dry fired a 5ohm cart at 3.7v and it made a pop sound at first then wouldn't heat up. I switched to 7.4v and it heated up fine although the coil doesn't quite look the same (I could be wrong, could be in my head). Dry pull taste doesn't seem to be an issue. I just want to know if the cart got damaged.
dry firing at low ohm is actually a good thing. a good way to pre-oxidize the cart w/o blowing it at full voltage. that pop was probably the silica melting off the wick. made a bubble and popped or went up the tube under pressure and popped. my thoughts

Bob Loblaw,
Top Bottom