Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
This is to address the taste issue, right? The 'test each cart' confuses me a bit (sounds like it's for heater issues or something you can easily test?)

You know this never made any sense to me (how can that be a problem when the tank top vents to the top of the flue, shouldn't the pressure on both sides of the seals drop together?). Then I realized the missing idea is the concentrate forms a plug of sorts on it's top that effectively seals it off. When you honk really hard on it the pressure does drop on top of the tank with the pressure inside the furnace, but there's liquid concentrate trapped in the tank under the 'plug' that's still at normal pressure, that's where the pressure difference to drive the leak comes from....it has to be real as they sure can leak from this sometimes.

OF

The Taste issue we are tracing back to high voltage, At this voltage the heating wire oxidizes really quick, and sets into the silica rope. As apposed to the 3.7v which takes a while.

Looks like it was not a single issue but two different issues.

The first issue was machine oil taste, and we did have a few cartridge shells that did not get washed, but the second issue we are having looks like its on high voltage device only. IE 4.0 ohms and 5.0 ohms.

Many people without knowing are complaining of bad machine oil taste that is not, it is just the heating wire oxidizing and setting into the silica rope.

We are working to remedy this by actually pre using the heating wires so they are fully oxidized before we manufacture them so the taste is gone before they hit the consumers hands.

So a recap of that is going on.

Few people complained of bad tasting cartridges on the omicrons. Yes we did have a bad batch. All is gone and new items are washed twice, and put into a autoclave twice before being transported into a clean room for assembly.

Second issue that was mistaken to be part of the first issue of bad taste, is attributed to oxidation. this is only happening on the high voltage model that is noticeable in large quantity, this also happens in low voltage models, but it takes longer time for it to happen and it is so small that it is barley noticed in the taste, The heating wire is oxidizing and setting into the silica rope. Nothing to be worried about. Taste goes away after a few hits. You can dry run it but be careful to allow cool down periods in between dry hits.

This update we have, we are working on a upgraded cartridge, but this will happen after the herb chamber, nail cart, and herb cartridge ( my kryptonite )

The tank top does vent, but check this issue out, because the cartridges are hand assembled we have not been able to control the tolerance on the position of the top bridge. Given that it can be off by a millimeter or two, that can cause the mouth piece to make a direct seal, this seal now creates suction at the tank side when people inhale, this is why we said take the rubber white round cap off during use.

Now we have made some changes to the future mouth pieces we have coming to accommodate this tolerance and also made a tool that will keep the top bridge positioned at the same length during assembly. The tool will allow current consumers who have older mouth pieces to work properly, and the new mouth pieces we have coming will make sure just in case by act of god, one cartridge bridge is not in the position it is supposed to be will still work because it has a back up feature to prevent negative pressure in the tank.

Hope this explains it all.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: rufrothy

druminfected

Before you use them please do a couple of 3 second empty dry runs and report to us what it does. We will handle this.

Hello THC, you told me to report back and I did, but I think you missed my reply, so here it is again. Please let me know if I should exhange the rest of these 5 Ohm carts, or if you think the rest of them are fine.

Previous statement by me:
I did a couple 3 second dry runs on another 5 ohm cart like you advised, and I seen some faint smoke appear from the top. Let me know what I should do.

I had the same issue with a previous pack of 2.4 ohms and had to pay for shipping to send them back for an exchange. Guess I'm having really bad luck on carts with leftover machine oil. :ugh:

druminfected,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I will report that after a couple of days with the Persei, I am delighted with the technology, and choices.
I have had great luck so far with all carts except for my 3 ohm carts.
I have had no machine oils.. or any issue whatever, and have tested most of 5 full boxes!
The 3 ohm carts ... I did not use correct impedance matching on the first two.. (my bad) the next one came out a "dud".
Now, having only two 3 Ohm carts remaining... I am going to hang on to them... and in fact am now ordering the "mid value" batteries to use with these two carts on the "double barrel" top!

Darb

So the Tenergy RCR123A 3.0V batteries that come with the Thermovape work great in the Persei.
Loving this watermelon oil in the 4ohm carts!!

Darb,

Authentic

Persei abuser
Hello THC,

I'm looking to order a chrome Persei. Is it possible to buy one and pick one up from the Van Nuys office?
I'm looking to save a few bucks on shipping.

Thanks!

Authentic,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hello THC, you told me to report back and I did, but I think you missed my reply, so here it is again. Please let me know if I should exhange the rest of these 5 Ohm carts, or if you think the rest of them are fine.

Previous statement by me:
I did a couple 3 second dry runs on another 5 ohm cart like you advised, and I seen some faint smoke appear from the top. Let me know what I should do.

I had the same issue with a previous pack of 2.4 ohms and had to pay for shipping to send them back for an exchange. Guess I'm having really bad luck on carts with leftover machine oil. :ugh:

Please contact us at 818-849-6133 we will handle it with a credit for your account on the shipping.

At this time the faint smoke coming out is the heating wire oxidizing and setting into the wick.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

druminfected

Please contact us at 818-849-6133 we will handle it with a credit for your account on the shipping.

At this time the faint smoke coming out is the heating wire oxidizing and setting into the wick.

Ok, I tried calling but no one answered. I'll try again in 15-20min. Do I need to do a whole ticket order process again for this, or just call up and get this sorted. Thanks. :/

druminfected,

wb21

I got my persei today, plugged the charger in the wall, put the large 3.7v battery in the charger, solid red light and went to class, when i got home the red light is flashing what does that mean?

Edit: Taken care of Thx Delta 9

wb21,

Vitolo

Vaporist
it means......
Go get vaped!
(if both battery compartments are used... the light is green for charged. if you use one slot the light blinks when charged... as per THC Scientific)

Vitolo,
Reactions: wb21

JoeKickass

Yes I would like that. I switched now to the silicone tip, attached to the MLFB tube atm, to see if it will continue.

That's actually what I keep coming back to as well. I cut the very tip off of the rubber mouthpiece and use a short 2" mflb stem. It's great getting such easy visual feedback :tup:

JoeKickass,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I decided to back off to 3.7 v in the battery area... and do a double set with 2.4 Ohm carts.
Very smooth combo, with Mango Haze Wax on one side and Blueberry Kush Putty on the other.
I love this thing!!
I did find that the soft silicone mouthpieces are invaluable when doing a "double dip".

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Love the video Vito, glad it helps out.

Ok so here i the update guys about the herb chamber.

we should have 5 working prototypes in a few weeks. And its kick ass. Many many features are included in the prototypes.

All i can say is. Wait and you shall see what we do here.

JoeKickass

I decided to back off to 3.7 v in the battery area... and do a double set with 2.4 Ohm carts.
Very smooth combo, with Mango Haze Wax on one side and Blueberry Kush Putty on the other.
I love this thing!!
I did find that the soft silicone mouthpieces are invaluable when doing a "double dip".

Hahaha I can't believe I never tried the rubber mouthpieces! I assumed there wasn't enough room but they actually fit just fine. Still feels a bit odd but much easier than anything I've tried so far :tup:

Now to buy another mflb stem and bring my double setup up to par with my single...

we should have 5 working prototypes in a few weeks. And its kick ass. Many many features are included in the prototypes.

MMMmmm HHeerrbb Cchhaammbbeerr.... :mmmm:

JoeKickass,
Reactions: Vitolo

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Oh forgot to post this, we might have 2 testers from FC test these out at our location, this is still up in the air, but we have to clear some hurdles with our attorneys and see if we can.

NDA will be needed if we do decide,
You must be a valid California Patient, willing to come to our office.
And a video will be made but no faces will be shown.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

OF

Great news, thanks for the update.

Just to be sure I have this right, the herb chamber (as opposed to the herb cart) is bigger and a 'Persei only' deal, right?

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Great news, thanks for the update.

Just to be sure I have this right, the herb chamber (as opposed to the herb cart) is bigger and a 'Persei only' deal, right?

OF

This one with all the bells and whistles will be Persei only, but Omicron herb chamber will not have all the bells and whistles and is smaller.

Herb Cartridge still a mystery to us, as i am going nuts on trying to make it work.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Oh forgot to post this, we might have 2 testers from FC test these out at our location, this is still up in the air, but we have to clear some hurdles with our attorneys and see if we can.

NDA will be needed if we do decide,
You must be a valid California Patient, willing to come to our office.
And a video will be made but no faces will be shown.

So close.... yet so far! :doh:

Not to worry, Vitolo, it's only a plane ride, right? I'm sure they'll send the limo by to pick you up, aren't you?

See you there, be good to finally meet you. Funny how the two tester guys turn out to be you and me, isn't it?

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Not to worry, Vitolo, it's only a plane ride, right? I'm sure they'll send the limo by to pick you up, aren't you?

See you there, be good to finally meet you. Funny how the two tester guys turn out to be you and me, isn't it?

OF

Of if you are not chosen to be a tester, just to meet you i would drive up and show you this wonder waffle aka wunderwaffe.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

This one with all the bells and whistles will be Persei only, but Omicron herb chamber will not have all the bells and whistles and is smaller.

Herb Cartridge still a mystery to us, as i am going nuts on trying to make it work.

OK, I get it. And agree, it's not existing yet is going to make it harder to describe in any detail.....

Cool news about a 'mini herb chamber' for Omicron, I guess I didn't realize that was in the works as well. FWIW I don't see small as being a big deal. Lots of 'load as you go' vapes are serving very well. Sometimes I really like using them, it gives me a connection to the process.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Good luck on this testing.

OF

OF,

OF

Of if you are not chosen to be a tester, just to meet you i would drive up and show you this wonder waffle aka wunderwaffe.

Yer starting to scare me, boss.....

Damn, I sure am glad I didn't use my real name when I came to town this time.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Yer starting to scare me, boss.....

Damn, I sure am glad I didn't use my real name when I came to town this time.

OF

Nothing to be scared about, just want to meet the man behind the brilliant posts.

I'm sure we can meet at a police station if you wish for
Safety reasons. :-)

THC SCIENTIFIC,

SlideOrDie

Wow... so excited to see this thing in action!

Any word on the nail cartridge yet boss?

SlideOrDie,

OF

Nothing to be scared about, just want to meet the man behind the brilliant posts.

I'm sure we can meet at a police station if you wish for
Safety reasons. :-)

Sounds like a plan, sure to be a giggle or two if not an out and out hoot. We could always pick up 'skate board man' and go looking for strange women.....bet he knows just where to go.....

Folks been telling me where to go for years, but I'm afraid I wasn't paying much attention.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom