Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

JoeKickass

I found that my cartridges "wiggle" in place on my Persei. On the original Omicron, the cone prevented this. It does not affect function in any way, but the free play is obvious. Has anyone else found this?

My single top socket was so loose I could pull it out a good quarter inch or so. I just put some superglue around the gap and pressed it hard on the table and it locked it right up.

Yo can you help ?

I try my third brand new 5.0 Cart it got burn out as well.
Battery is fully charged. I've adjust the heights of the battery, blue light is on,
Cart glow orange at first but soon died no heat no vapor

. I did read the menu ,, and I've try this three times mess up three cart.

I have an omicron v1 never had any problem....

Please help!!!

Like havealight said, fully charged is pretty hard on the high power carts. Use the batteries on a working cart to get them to about half charge.

But even then, when you load a cart try to heat it at least halfway down the cart. You really have to make sure the high power ones are loaded right, or get used to priming them on low power. Their heaters can't take being dry fired like the Omicron sometimes could. And people still used to burn out the lower power Omicron carts doing just that...

JoeKickass,
Reactions: rufrothy

Omar21

Omar
Is there a trade in program for the persei. I have the omicron the charger keeps breaking down on me. I love my vap just not happy with how it breaks down often. I would love to upgrade to a persei if there is a trade in program available

Omar21,

VAPORIZER22

Is there a trade in program for the persei. I have the omicron the charger keeps breaking down on me. I love my vap just not happy with how it breaks down often. I would love to upgrade to a persei if there is a trade in program available

No trade in program for the Persei that I am aware of but there is one for the new Omicron.

VAPORIZER22,

JoeKickass

new omicron? new omicron vap pen?

Yup, $45 plus your Omicron kit gets you this: http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=Omicron-v1-upgrade-to-Omicron-Matte-Black-v2
(which has a much better charger)
I hope it's not too much, I bought my double kit for $30 more than the v2...

But the look is growing on me:
Omicron_Vaporizer_v2_Kit_list__02492_zoom.jpg

Omicron_Vaporizer_v2__72987_zoom.jpg

4__15491_zoom.jpg

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Joe out of the 1000 Persei's out there we have had a few issues with the connectors and are working to resolve this.

Stay tuned for updates on this, but current users, please do not worry your devices are under warranty and if they do break, we will replace it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

druminfected

I'll post a pic of my favorite mouthpiece setup if you want

Yes I would like that. I switched now to the silicone tip, attached to the MLFB tube atm, to see if it will continue.

Ok we traced down the oil coming out of the top between two suspected issues.

One issue is the quality of oil, some oils will do this because they tend to run away from hot objects trying to figure out what is inside the oils that do this. This is mainly for Co2 based but we still researching.

The other reason is the tip and or inhaling to fast.

Could be a combination but we will see.

Just to give you some more input on this, I have been using slow inhaling. I'm trying to go even slower now as well. Also the type of oil is Hexane honey oil absolute also had brine swap and winterizing done to it. Tried 1.5,2.4,4,5 Ohms and only trouble with 5 ohm so far.

druminfected,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Yes I would like that. I switched now to the silicone tip, attached to the MLFB tube atm, to see if it will continue.

Just to give you some more input on this, I have been using slow inhaling. I'm trying to go even slower now as well. Also the type of oil is Hexane honey oil absolute also had brine swap and winterizing done to it. Tried 1.5,2.4,4,5 Ohms and only trouble with 5 ohm so far.

Hmmm, what city are you located in? Reason is if we can get a sample of this oil and test.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

druminfected

Guys the issue has been solved. Just a few cartridges that are still left in the packages, we are going through all of them tomorrow to make sure all is right.

When did this issue get fixed? I ordered some 5 ohm's on march 7th, and the one I put oil in still has this oil taste to it after 20+ hits.

druminfected,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
When did this issue get fixed? I ordered some 5 ohm's on march 7th, and the one I put oil in still has this oil taste to it after 20+ hits.

What ohm is it? We have pulled many cartridges out of our inventory, and are pulling more, so please let me know what ohm you are having issues on.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

druminfected

Hmmm, what city are you located in? Reason is if we can get a sample of this oil and test.

i'll hit you up conversation mode.

What ohm is it? We have pulled many cartridges out of our inventory, and are pulling more, so please let me know what ohm you are having issues on.

it was a 5 Ohm cartridge from the 5 pack. Are the other 4 in the pack of 5, 5 Ohms going to be like this then?

druminfected,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
i'll hit you up conversation mode.

it was a 5 Ohm cartridge from the 5 pack. Are the other 4 in the pack of 5, 5 Ohms going to be like this then?

Before you use them please do a couple of 3 second empty dry runs and report to us what it does. We will handle this.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

SlideOrDie

@ THC SCIENTIFIC

Sorry I didn't get to call you the other day, I had to leave town for a few days on very short notice.

I finally got the package you sent out with the replacement battery and the few 5ohm carts. Thank you so much!

Since receiving it I have filled and primed two of the 5ohm carts @ 3.7v and they worked amazing for the first day and a half even though they had a very heavy machine oil taste to them. Today one of them started to get slightly harder and harder to pull from after every hit I would take so I took a break from vaping and ate some dinner.

I was taking 3 second hits with 15-20 second cool-down periods inbetween with the 18350 (7.4v) setup that was not fully charged.

I came back from dinner and I couldn't move air through one of the carts so I picked it up off of my cart stand to try the pin trick and a whole bunch of oil had came out the bottom and had pooled in the cart stand. The oil had turned black and had a metallic smell/taste to it.

I just tried my second cart and now that one seems to be getting more difficult to pull from so I just stopped using it and am hoping the same thing doesn't happen.

I hadn't even gotten to properly do the 2 cart setup yet lol...

I think I've run into almost all of the issues everyone has had combined unfortunately :(

My spirits are low and I've resorted back to my skillet for the night lol...

SlideOrDie,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
@ THC SCIENTIFIC

Sorry I didn't get to call you the other day, I had to leave town for a few days on very short notice.

I finally got the package you sent out with the replacement battery and the few 5ohm carts. Thank you so much!

Since receiving it I have filled and primed two of the 5ohm carts @ 3.7v and they worked amazing for the first day and a half even though they had a very heavy machine oil taste to them. Today one of them started to get slightly harder and harder to pull from after every hit I would take so I took a break from vaping and ate some dinner.

I was taking 3 second hits with 15-20 second cool-down periods inbetween with the 18350 (7.4v) setup that was not fully charged.

I came back from dinner and I couldn't move air through one of the carts so I picked it up off of my cart stand to try the pin trick and a whole bunch of oil had came out the bottom and had pooled in the cart stand. The oil had turned black and had a metallic smell/taste to it.

I just tried my second cart and now that one seems to be getting more difficult to pull from so I just stopped using it and am hoping the same thing doesn't happen.

I think I've run into almost all of the issues everyone has had combined unfortunately :(

Well, maybe it isn't just me after all. :ugh:
Of the five pack of 5ohm carts I've tried three so far. One worked twice then started leaking from the bottom...ugly stuff. Another worked for three sessions, but tasted "off" and then quit, and the third is going strong but is kind of a mix of oils so I can't really comment too much on its taste. Followed all the instructions as to testing, filling, priming, use, etc.

Sinclue,

druminfected

Before you use them please do a couple of 3 second empty dry runs and report to us what it does. We will handle this.

I did a couple 3 second dry runs on another 5 ohm cart like you advised, and I seen some faint smoke appear from the top. Let me know what I should do.

I had the same issue with a previous pack of 2.4 ohms and had to pay for shipping to send them back for an exchange. Guess I'm having really bad luck on carts with leftover machine oil. :ugh:

Glad you have the issue sorted though. :tup:

druminfected,

JoeKickass

@ THC SCIENTIFIC

Well, maybe it isn't just me after all. :ugh:
Of the five pack of 5ohm carts I've tried three so far. One worked twice then started leaking from the bottom...ugly stuff. Another worked for three sessions, but tasted "off" and then quit, and the third is going strong but is kind of a mix of oils so I can't really comment too much on its taste. Followed all the instructions as to testing, filling, priming, use, etc.

Leaks from the bottom mean the oil is just a bit thin for the cart you are using; if possible reclaim to a higher power cart. Otherwise I have found the easiest way to deal with these problem oils is to draw reasonably hard for a long time after you heat it up. You will have to deal with a lot of oil coming out of the top but you should be able to avoid any bottom leaks if you keep on top of the drawing until the cart is stone cold.

JoeKickass,

SlideOrDie

Leaks from the bottom mean the oil is just a bit thin for the cart you are using; if possible reclaim to a higher power cart. Otherwise I have found the easiest way to deal with these problem oils is to draw reasonably hard for a long time after you heat it up. You will have to deal with a lot of oil coming out of the top but you should be able to avoid any bottom leaks if you keep on top of the drawing until the cart is stone cold.

it's most definitely not too thin, I supply a few buddies for their omicron carts and we've never had a problem until now :(

I always do draw on it afterwards to keep it cool, but only very gently, like when I take a hit.

SlideOrDie,

OF

Leaks from the bottom mean the oil is just a bit thin for the cart you are using; if possible reclaim to a higher power cart.

This is interesting advice, the different resistance carts are set up differently in the feed seals? Why would cart power make a difference otherwise? If there is a difference (and I'm not saying there isn't....) I would have expected it to go the other way. AFAIK the heaters are balanced across the line, that is the higher power carts use more power preheating so the oil would be thinner (needs to feed faster?) and would therefore leak more not less than low power ones.

What do you think is going on?

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

This is interesting advice, the different resistance carts are set up differently in the feed seals? Why would cart power make a difference otherwise? If there is a difference (and I'm not saying there isn't....) I would have expected it to go the other way. AFAIK the heaters are balanced across the line, that is the higher power carts use more power preheating so the oil would be thinner (needs to feed faster?) and would therefore leak more not less than low power ones.

What do you think is going on?

OF

Yeah it will definitely still leak if you don't suck it out the top, I have just noticed that the higher power heaters (1.5, 4 or 5 ohm etc) warm up faster and have less of a chance of leaking on the heating up side of the equation. You just get a furious water droplet on hot skillet effect and if you get the draw speed right on the cool down you can keep the airway pretty clear too.

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hmmmm well there is no other choice but to test every single cartridge we have, so please stay tuned as we go through our inventory 1 cartridge at a time.

We are working for a cartridge that you are able to take apart and see if it is clean, but this is ways out. We understand the situation and are on it constantly as we never had these problems at first, what ever is going on we are on it.

I am sorry about this and will now test each cartridge before we send it out.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@ THC SCIENTIFIC

Seems like the air path is clogged, this can result in a few ways, heavy use without allow the cartridge to cool down between hits this happens when the oil gets to thin and starts to over saturate the wick, the heating wire is not large enough to vaporize all the oil at once, and when you are pulling in air, it sucks up the oil in the air tube. When you stop all the oil travels down and settles on the heating wire and back down into the catch area of the cartridge.

This is why we tell people let it cool down between hits.

The other solution is you are inhaling to hard creating a suction in the first chamber and pulling more oil into the second chamber, and resulting in to much oil for the heater to vaporize, and then air being pulled into the air tube.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

SlideOrDie

Seems like the air path is clogged, this can result in a few ways, heavy use without allow the cartridge to cool down between hits this happens when the oil gets to thin and starts to over saturate the wick, the heating wire is not large enough to vaporize all the oil at once, and when you are pulling in air, it sucks up the oil in the air tube. When you stop all the oil travels down and settles on the heating wire and back down into the catch area of the cartridge.

This is why we tell people let it cool down between hits.

The other solution is you are inhaling to hard creating a suction in the first chamber and pulling more oil into the second chamber, and resulting in to much oil for the heater to vaporize, and then air being pulled into the air tube.

I've been inhaling as slow as I possibly can but I'll give it another shot.

Has anyone else have an issue with a cart or two not being completely circular resulting in your mouth pieces and the fill tool not fitting?

SlideOrDie,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I've been inhaling as slow as I possibly can but I'll give it another shot.

Has anyone else have an issue with a cart or two not being completely circular resulting in your mouth pieces and the fill tool not fitting?

If the carts are not circular then they might have been damaged, fill tool only one issue so far as not fitting. Submit ticket include this convo, and we will handle it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Hmmmm well there is no other choice but to test every single cartridge we have, so please stay tuned as we go through our inventory 1 cartridge at a time.

I am sorry about this and will now test each cartridge before we send it out.

This is to address the taste issue, right? The 'test each cart' confuses me a bit (sounds like it's for heater issues or something you can easily test?)

You know this never made any sense to me (how can that be a problem when the tank top vents to the top of the flue, shouldn't the pressure on both sides of the seals drop together?). Then I realized the missing idea is the concentrate forms a plug of sorts on it's top that effectively seals it off. When you honk really hard on it the pressure does drop on top of the tank with the pressure inside the furnace, but there's liquid concentrate trapped in the tank under the 'plug' that's still at normal pressure, that's where the pressure difference to drive the leak comes from....it has to be real as they sure can leak from this sometimes.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom