Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

smoke dust

Made oil from ~1/4 of good herb.

Burnt about 1/2 of the resulting qwiso trying to fill cart for my persei. Literally just smoked in the fill tool. HALF my hash.

This shit is too expensive for me to make apparently. People keep telling me how easy it is, but I'd love to know where I go wrong...

Pics of what I thought was amazing results for once will be coming eventually.
hahah bro i understand EXACTLY used a half of some dank and ended up with about .3 of oil...

smoke dust,
Reactions: darkrom

tharealmclovin

You heated it up ay too much while filling and Your QWISO probably had other plant matter in it. which made it not a true full melt oil.

Something is obviously wrong somewhere in your technique

Once again a perk to BHO

OF

You heated it up ay too much while filling and Your QWISO probably had other plant matter in it. which made it not a true full melt oil.

While I understand the strange conditions that got DR to this point (and what else but strange conditions would you expect??), I think this sad chapter points right at the wisdom of the general advice 'before you buy a concentrate vape, figure out what you're going to use to fill it'. To not do so leads to looking longingly at the lovely but useless device....not a happy thing.

Hang in there, DR, Bender is coming.....

OF

OF,

tharealmclovin

While I understand the strange conditions that got DR to this point (and what else but strange conditions would you expect??), I think this sad chapter points right at the wisdom of the general advice 'before you buy a concentrate vape, figure out what you're going to use to fill it'. To not do so leads to looking longingly at the lovely but useless device....not a happy thing.

OF

I remember when I first bought my Healthstone...Thinking I could smoke my kief in it...That 1 slider led me down the oil, skillet, nail, Omicron, Persei, Hammer, 2 rigs, etc. Road. (sorry for the long run on.)

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: OF

kuz

Made oil from ~1/4 of good herb.

Burnt about 1/2 of the resulting qwiso trying to fill cart for my persei. Literally just smoked in the fill tool. HALF my hash.

This shit is too expensive for me to make apparently. People keep telling me how easy it is, but I'd love to know where I go wrong...

So you are growing? I only yield about 10% so if you buying good bud its not going to be cheap.

OF

I do a quick wash with frozen everclear. I've burned up a few carts but also reloaded quite a few several times. The whole learing curve with the persei would have been a lot more expensive if I was buying oil, and I can see how that would ramp up the frustration level.

kuz,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I am not growing. I only wish but no way.

so .7 or so is what I should expect from 1/4oz of good herbs? Kinda shitty. Even shittier when half of that small blob gets ruined because it must have had plant matter in it. It looks like it melts fully on a hot dish, but then boom hit that fill tube with a lighter and I found myself uselessly trying to inhale the horrid smoke just trying not to COMPLETELY waste my stash.

It'll end up costing me ~$100 a GRAM of qwiso at this point, and attempting to buy less than headies gets me robbed historically, so yeah I'll just be waiting for the bender to show up, and then this state better pass medical in NOV so I can get my oil on.

darkrom,

tharealmclovin

When I make it myself...I use a 7-10 grams of FIRE. I run BHO and get .7 to 1.3 but that is BHO that Has minimal plant matter. So between the $120 bag, $10 can of butane, parchment paper, Pyrex, razor blades, etc its not cheap. But I always get high quality amber shatter.

tharealmclovin,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Wow $100+ for a gram of oil seems a lot to me. I LOVE the stuff I made, but $100 for less than a handful of bowls kills me.

darkrom,
Reactions: ataxian

tharealmclovin

It's much cheaper In medical states. They use trim and the price drops drastically

My homemade is 5x better though IMHO

tharealmclovin,

OF

Wow $100+ for a gram of oil seems a lot to me. I LOVE the stuff I made, but $100 for less than a handful of bowls kills me.

Hey, DR, if it does kill you.....can I have your vapes?

Doesn't hurt to ask I'm told.

I would kill for a huge garbage bag of trim haha.

As I understand it, trim is where most of the concentrates in dispensaries comes from. Makes sense to me. It's the reason it's such a good deal on a 'dollars per gram of THC' basis. The source material (the trim) is a byproduct of Bud production. One potential problem might be 'everyone discovering concentrates'. Demand could drive the price up, there's a fixed supply of trim out there, if lots of folks shift from top shelf bud to high end oils and waxes.......

OF

OF,

kittyboy

As I understand it, trim is where most of the concentrates in dispensaries comes from. Makes sense to me. It's the reason it's such a good deal on a 'dollars per gram of THC' basis. The source material (the trim) is a byproduct of Bud production. One potential problem might be 'everyone discovering concentrates'. Demand could drive the price up, there's a fixed supply of trim out there, if lots of folks shift from top shelf bud to high end oils and waxes.......

OF
OF u make me laugh sometimes.
:lol:
Alreadys seeing G inventions destroying the supply & demand economy of Oil. I wonder if they have BHO options or TRIM options so we can double down. At least with your insight if we played it right all our vapes would be profit....LOL anyway guess the next bubble will be on Concentrates. :tup:

kittyboy,

kittyboy

Okay after taking a long break from cartridges I finally decided to give em one more try. I have been given lots of wsidom from this site and folks here and wikivapes etc.... So here is what i did with my best success.

I use a heat gun vs torch lighter for heating cart and loader. I decided to heat up both upper part of cart and the loader before putting concentrate in. This help so much where other times i had lots of material left in loader> Heating up both allowed for oil to flow instantly. I was holding cart so it wasn't that hot. Almost every drop went in. Put about .6. So primed and got best tasting hits in my 6 months. Was using omni with 1.5. I then put it on my Persei and found that gave a much stronger hit then omni! (also put on the double head just to test the beast.) Damn if I would have gotten a double mouth piece I probably would have splurged and filled another cart and tried to tame the monster.... Guess battery different. I did send my HVD head so might be difference in omni. Was using the 14500 battery with original head.
Went to a music event and found that the omni worked great now that I know not to chain smoke.
I would do two hits and then wait for 3 - 10 minutes before another 2. This really seem to make cart work
well, when i first started using it I would do 4-8 draws in less then 3 minutes LOL>>>

Look forward to the Her or universal etc. But the Cart is the way to go if you need a day or two supply ready to go etc...

So glad I have gotten pass the learning curve and appreciate everyones patience and help.

Krazzykid

Glad things are working for you now kittyboy, technique really makes all the difference.

Don't know if anyone knows this but my friend and I learned an easy way to load carts the other day.
We found that the cart fit perfectly in my food dehydrator standing up with the fill tool on it. Closed the lid and set it to 115 degrees. Five minutes later everything had drained perfectly and required zero priming to get full clouds!

OF

Don't know if anyone knows this but my friend and I learned an easy way to load carts the other day.
We found that the cart fit perfectly in my food dehydrator standing up with the fill tool on it. Closed the lid and set it to 115 degrees. Five minutes later everything had drained perfectly and required zero priming to get full clouds!

That has to be the most controlled way that I have heard of yet. :clap:

Very cool all right. I suspect it depends on the concentrate very much. PG, for instance, will load itself just fine at room temperatures given enough time. On the other end, I've had shatters and other hard stuff that I'm sure would laugh at 115 degrees. Worth a try I guess?

OTOH, if you and your bud have happened on a good concentrate that loads this easy a guy might be tempted to lay in a reasonable stash.......

Anyway, great idea, thanks for passing it on.

OF

OF,

Krazzykid

It would most definitely depend upon the concentrate, but my dehydrator goes from 85-250 in varying increments, so I could find a setting for any concentrate I'm sure. We were using some very blonde honeycomb wax by the way.

kittyboy

It would most definitely depend upon the concentrate, but my dehydrator goes from 85-250 in varying increments, so I could find a setting for any concentrate I'm sure. We were using some very blonde honeycomb wax by the way.

i tried using my oven but temp control not that good at 110 etc.....I was worried it get too warm. nice to have such good control....:tup:

kittyboy,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
found this earlier today. thought of ya'll

photo.php

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...24386295.105971.205344452828349&type=1&ref=nf

tharealmclovin

Cant wait til this Friday...My new Bubbler comes so I can try my persei bubbler adapter. Hopefully I can come up with a way to hook my bender up to the Bub too.

FYI: D9V now has single carts for sale

tharealmclovin,

kevin

Hey darkrom
I am not growing. I only wish but no way.

so .7 or so is what I should expect from 1/4oz of good herbs? Kinda shitty. Even shittier when half of that small blob gets ruined because it must have had plant matter in it. It looks like it melts fully on a hot dish, but then boom hit that fill tube with a lighter and I found myself uselessly trying to inhale the horrid smoke just trying not to COMPLETELY waste my stash.

It'll end up costing me ~$100 a GRAM of qwiso at this point, and attempting to buy less than headies gets me robbed historically, so yeah I'll just be waiting for the bender to show up, and then this state better pass medical in NOV so I can get my oil on.
Have you thought about a road trip? What is the closest medical state to you? Get a few budies and make a road trip or find a cheap flight, go there for a few days get you med card and then hit the culbs!
It sounds like this is your best bet, you get to travel see the sights and get your meds that you need, and it will all be legal! Plus you will get better meds than you can make and you don't have to do anything. It sounds like you would save money also this way, make one trip stock up for the year.
I'm sure if you plan ahead you could hook up with somebody on the forums and get all the info you need for the Med card, best culbs,etc. all ahead of time, maybe even a place to stay for the night!

Good Luck
Kevin

kevin,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Don't you need to be a resident to get a card in that state? If not rhode island isn't very far away...plus I'd have to travel through ZERO states before I got back in my decrim state.

darkrom,
Top Bottom