Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'll get an easier to scrape bowl and try like what 1-2 grams of bud? I just wanna be able to load the persei at least one time.

I'll let it sit 24 hrs no prob. I'm just worried it will still have iso in it unless I use heat on it.

darkrom,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
you really should read up on the qwiso method. There are easy youtube vids on how to do it too... Iso will evaporate on its own if left long enough. Low heat is best for helping, but be cautious using any heat source w/ evaporating solvents, DO NOT use flames or anything with heat coils, or glowing red surfaces. I use a coffee cup warmer, w/SS cup in front of a double fan in the window. No heat works just fine too, just make sure it's in a ventilated area. Before you give up, educate yourself a bit more.

jambandphan03,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Thats the thing I've been reading and attempting this for years just with bad results. The mystery chef video is by far my favorite.

MaxVapor

The Professor
you can reclaim oil from dead carts w/ an Iso soak, then evap off the iso (99% iso is best)... it will be a bit nasty compared to the original oil, but it still has the goods in there... for those who feel bad about wasting a few bits of oil at the end, it's worth the try IMO.

Hi JBP, I am getting ready to try this out as I have had little luck using heat to reclaim. Did you filter the ISO after soaking and before evaporation? Do you still use this method?
Thanks for your advice!

MaxVapor,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
guys all troubles will be fixed with Hercules. No more loosing cartridges. Load between .1 -.3 at a time.

expect big things from us. We have many burners going. We are cooking up a storm.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hows the bender looking? Things still going smoothly?

Yes there might be a small issue on the orings but i think it should be solved by the time i get back. If not then its a 2-3 day issue. Because its glass tolerance levels we are trying to solve the last issue we might have and thats a might have when all parts are together. So we have prepared all possible outcomes its all about changing orings out.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

kevin

Hey
Yes there might be a small issue on the orings but i think it should be solved by the time i get back. If not then its a 2-3 day issue. Because its glass tolerance levels we are trying to solve the last issue we might have and thats a might have when all parts are together. So we have prepared all possible outcomes its all about changing orings out.

Hi G
I thought you were Changing your O-rings! Dude get some rest it will all be here when you get home , enjoy yourself enjoy the time with your family, and rest your brain! We can wait, if not to bad!
Have a great time!
See you in Oct.

Kevin:cheers:

kevin,

kevin

Sure. From clean load .15 to .20 grams (3 dabs). Melt it in to the sponge with a series of short heat cycles (say 3 to 5 seconds each). You can watch it, it's kinda fun and it helps you understand what goes on. As soon as it 'melts in' you're ready to go, button up and hang on.....

OF

OF do I need to do anything before use, maybe heat it up and burn machine oil off?
Also you said it can be boiled clean, do you do this before use? So I can use a wax then boil clean and use PG no cross over? COOL!:science:
How do you do it, PLEASE explain boil just the base or the hole thing? How long and how high of heat?
They say dishwasher safe, my wife would kick my ass if I got oil in her dishwasher!
It looks pretty straight forward to use just a little TAE and I'll have it cooken in no time.

Thanks!:tup:
Kevin

kevin,

OF

OF do I need to do anything before use, maybe heat it up and burn machine oil off?
Also you said it can be boiled clean, do you do this before use? So I can use a wax then boil clean and use PG no cross over? COOL!:science:
How do you do it, PLEASE explain boil just the base or the hole thing? How long and how high of heat?
They say dishwasher safe, my wife would kick my ass if I got oil in her dishwasher!
It looks pretty straight forward to use just a little TAE and I'll have it cooken in no time.

IMO no oil or other contamination to burn off. The last thing that happened to it before it was packaged up was being lit up several times, banged around a bit and lit again. Nothing to loose by doing it again if you want, in fact it's kinda cool to do when the ceramic is brand new. You can watch the heater inside come up to temperature, something you can't do once it gets stained from use (no big deal, but it's fun and when new is your only real chance).

Yes, you can boil the entire TV unit (except the batteries and switch). There's usually no reason to do more than the core and mouthpiece IMO, and I don't boil the MP myself. Just drop the two working parts (lower assembly and DART tip) loose into a shallow pan of boiling water. A few minutes is enough, but I usually go 5 or 10 as I'm usually drinking the tea I made before throwing the parts in. A 'slow to gently rolling' boil works well for me. Boiling is the way to ensure any ISO you may have soaked it in is gone as well, I usually boil for several minutes after ISO soaks for that reason. Often you can run it down to the point production drops low and add the new concentrate without boiling. The 'last in' seems to vape off first for the most part seems to me.

Sorry, no advice about the wife. Save the observation your own dishwasher is sure to be cheaper than a divorce?

OF

DubCRider

You can literally boil it, I suggest that. Maybe not a rolling boil but hot. Do they not cover cleaning in their video series?

*Edit* He may be an O.F. but he's quick!

DubCRider,
Reactions: OF
Everything already said about the cleaning is correct. In my experience, no cleaning is needed when they arrive.

One very important thing hasn't been mentioned yet: Weight the cart new, fresh and empty so you know its weight (and can tell how clean or at least how much the residue you didn't clean weighs).

This is the wrong thread - anything else should probably move over to the TV Rev thread.

-NDA

Nick Again,
Reactions: OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I'll get an easier to scrape bowl and try like what 1-2 grams of bud? I just wanna be able to load the persei at least one time.

I'll let it sit 24 hrs no prob. I'm just worried it will still have iso in it unless I use heat on it.
the ratio of bud to oil os roughly 1-7. that is 7 grams of bud will yield roughly 1 gram of clean oil. just fyi

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Guys on my desk is sitting something superb, when i get back its going into testing. I am happy that we got this project at a level that it should be ready around March of next year if not earlier.

I will be dropping hints, this sets the bar even higher then anything out there.

darkrom

Great Scott!
For once IDC whats next I just want my bender. Got this useless (not your fault) persei and its fine build quality is laughing at me for not having a way to use it.

darkrom,

OF

Got this useless (not your fault) persei and its fine build quality is laughing at me for not having a way to use it.

Bummer. You don't have any TV loads left? Dropped your T1 and Evolutions in the river have you? Too bad, with the other thread adapter (both D9 and TV sells 'em) you could amuse yourself that way while waiting......

OF

OF,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Bummer. You don't have any TV loads left? Dropped your T1 and Evolutions in the river have you? Too bad, with the other thread adapter (both D9 and TV sells 'em) you could amuse yourself that way while waiting......

OF

Not sure I follow besides the river part. I've got a T1 and an Evo top as well here. How would that help?

Can I put the evo on the persei? What battery config would I need? Right now its set up ready for the bender with 7.4v and the light goes blue. Not much more I can do with the persei right now, but again I bought it for the bender. I'd just KILL to try some oil.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
What battery combos in the persei are safe to use the evo with? I'll give the evo a new try once again with a persei twist!

darkrom,

smoke dust

Thats the thing I've been reading and attempting this for years just with bad results. The mystery chef video is by far my favorite.
i am in the same boat as you are... i used a half oucne once to make bho with the baster mthod and ended up with like .3 oils hahahah then started making qwiso but put in like an eight and got a gram oil of some hard black stuff that i think was bad for my lungs and now i found a guy locally who sells co2 for 50 the little CONTAINER says COLORADO CONCENTRATES and in the middle says hybrid and has some weird chess piece looking thing on a shield

smoke dust,

OF

Can I put the evo on the persei? What battery config would I need?
What battery combos in the persei are safe to use the evo with? I'll give the evo a new try once again with a persei twist!

Yup, that's the suggestion. You'll need a thread adapter bit both D9 and TV sell them. It's the opposite of the one guys are normally looking for (run Omicron carts on 510 supplies), you want the one that's 601 on the male end to fit Persei, 510 female to fit Evolution.

Battery use depends on LV or SV ratings on Evolution used. You should use either 18650 or 17670 for LV (same battery as with TV) and RCR123As (same as TV) if running SV. 7.4 Volts (using 18350s) is too much.

When I tried it, the 17670 rattled a bit, it worked fine but long term I'd probably wrap some paper around it. Basically you use the same battery set up you'd use with TV.
http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=510-%2d-KR808%2dD1%2d-DSC-901--Adapter

http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/universal-adapter

Go for it, Bro....you know you wanna....

You're on your own for the oil part. Good luck.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I bought a second PERSIE today. I had a CHROME one with Black Rings (Mismatch)
So I now have a Chrome with Chrome rings and a Black one with Black rings. Now if I could just take off the ugly LOGO. Letters are large? I need some style? Now I'm almost there. I also have the adapters to use cool attachments by other companies until DELTA 9 works out the bugs. I think they will get there one day. Remember Pioneers get arrows - Settlers get the Gold!
Bought a cartridge to do dabs of wax until I learn how to use the cartridges supplied by DELTA.
It's only been three months since I bought the first one. The adapters are handy until you learn it.
I won't give up until I get it wired.
For oil the Cartimizer is the ticket.
My TRISTICK was plug and play.
The PERSIE is more expensive so it will work better once I get over the learning curve.
With all the wax I have I had to do something rather than let it sit.

ataxian,
Top Bottom