Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

tharealmclovin

Not sure how to ask this but here we go...

What is the best way to go from trim to Persei??? All i can find is bubble hash info

tharealmclovin,
I got my Persei a couple of weeks ago and held off on posting a review so that I could really put it through its paces. With the recent posts about sub-par experiences with the device, I figured this would be as good a time as any to share my :2c:.

Pretty much right out of the box I was able to get this thing hummin' at 3.7 v with a 2.4 ohm cart. I'm not claiming to be some sort of vaping prodigy; I simply read the instructions and this thread and followed the recommended techniques.

It's the Persei, afterall, so I felt obliged to give it a spin at 7.4 v and a 5 ohm cart. I was able to get powerful hits, but I felt like I was hauling ass on Ducati, perilously close to losing control (I'm prone to hyperbole).

Seriously though, 3.7 v with a 2.4 ohm cart is working perfectly for me at my current skill level. G and OF aren't idiots; their advice has been spot on, imo.

I feel like I've become a lot better at controlling the temp of the vapor and the Persei while getting my reps in with this batt/cart combination. Presently, my preferred method is using a long, slow draw while pulsing the button 6 sec on/5 off (maintaining inhalation). I run this cycle 2 or 3 times and then transition into a 3 sec on/2 sec off cycle, this time drawing with my cheeks and then inhaling, until my lungs are completely full. Absolutely no complaints with this technique. :tup:

I've primarily had clogs when using budder/ear wax and Pure Gold, but nothing significant. "Popping" the clogs is super simple and really no big deal, in my book. I've rarely had clogs using taffy or oil.

A review of the Persei without mention of the double barrel set-up would be incomplete, so I gave it a go last night. 2 x 2.4 ohm carts at 3.7 v. Duuuuude, this is BEAST MODE vaping!!!! :ko: When my Persei bub finally arrives, I may just bust a nut. :D

Don't store it standing up. I keep mine on its side and light up the top with a lighter for a few seconds to run the gold back down if needed.

Makes sense. I'm gonna try out this technique fer sure.

[EDIT- I meant to say that I've only had leakage with Pure Gold, not clogs. Authentic's technique addresses this problem.]

OF

Pretty much right out of the box I was able to get this thing hummin' at 3.7 v with a 2.4 ohm cart. I'm not claiming to be some sort of vaping prodigy; I simply read the instructions and this thread and followed the recommended techniques.

It's the Persei, afterall, so I felt obliged to give it a spin at 7.4 v and a 5 ohm cart. I was able to get powerful hits, but I felt like I was hauling ass on Ducati, perilously close to losing control (I'm prone to hyperbole).

Seriously though, 3.7 v with a 2.4 ohm cart is working perfectly for me at my current skill level. G and OF aren't idiots; their advice has been spot on, imo.

Congrats on your new machine and excellent results! Thanks for the report and kind words.

However, please don't be too quick to judge, I can do 'idiot' real well too......just standby and watch for a bit.....

Best wishes.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
ay man what ever i can do to get a laugh to defuse any situation i will. Sometimes its hard typing on a phone to answer questions. Rain or snow guys i have answered questions while i was at weddings, birth of my daughter, while i was in bed, while i was in the can, while i was half asleep, while i was driving ( big no no ) while i was even watching my kid take her first steps ( false alarm, shes still not walking ), but yes my dedication to customer service is up there. My wife told me that i should have married the internet my response was i tried, she was already seeing 5 billion other people i was afraid of the viruses so i backed down.

In all honesty thanks for standing by this un educated high school drop out and not hanging on to my typo's or type's how ever you want to put it.

In all honesty thanks for standing by this un educated high school drop out and not hanging on to my typo's or type's how ever you want to put it.

Are you being sarcastic, or is this for real? Was your knowledge of vaping technology attained purely through self education?

If so, that's fuckin' rad.

UpUpandAway,

OF

"Standing by you"? Get real, Dude, I send you (some) of my money.....from me that's as good as it gets.....

Are you being sarcastic, or is this for real? Was your knowledge of vaping technology attained purely through self education?

Yep, School of Hard Knocks for sure. But that's only part of it, the man is truly driven. He does not take setbacks at all well, he backs off, regroups and charges harder next time. Lot of bulldog in that boy.......

We get the full benefit of all that for mere money. How cool is that?

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

nope not being sarcastic at all. I am a high school drop out. I did educate myself on the vaporizers, i did design the cartridges myself, i did design the hercules myself, the bender, the universe, and even the Persei, the Engineers handled the electronic and making it work.

On a side note, i might be high school drop out but the doctors said im not your average intellect.

"Standing by you"? Get real, Dude, I send you (some) of my money.....from me that's as good as it gets.....

Yep, School of Hard Knocks for sure. But that's only part of it, the man is truly driven. He does not take setbacks at all well, he backs off, regroups and charges harder next time. Lot of bulldog in that boy.......

We get the full benefit of all that for mere money. How cool is that?

OF

Im keeping your money safe OF gonna invest that into my sons future.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Hey G, I made it through HS (barely) but that isn't saying much. Most of what we were being "taught" was crap anyway. With the onset of the internet and endless information at our finger tips (enjoy it while you can!) and a deep passion, you can learn just about anything you want to now. It's an amazing time with all it's chaos. Glad you are on this path G.

Feed your head....

zEE2m.jpg

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
You know this is the reason i dropped out. I was tired of learning art and learning about Columbus discovery America every year.

but i was not new the tech industry when i started messing with these type of vapes back in 08, im actually a ringer. :-)

Only if people knew what type of machines i am capable of fixing.

Hey G, I made it through HS (barely) but that isn't saying much. Most of what we were being "taught" was crap anyway. With the onset of the internet and endless information at our finger tips (enjoy it while you can!) and a deep passion, you can learn just about anything you want to now. It's an amazing time with all it's chaos. Glad you are on this path G.

Feed your head....

zEE2m.jpg

THC SCIENTIFIC,

bluesurfboy

didn't finish the rest of this, but i can tell ya that loading more than .6 at a time can increase percentage of difficulties. also, best way i have found to clear cloggy carts is to heat end like ur gonna fill the cart, then gently blow from thread end. cart goes back to perfect function 95% of the time

i usually loaded .5-.7 loads, i am just saying the one cart that i filled more, lasted the longest. and its not clogging issue, sometimes it was heating but no vapors, 2-3 carts it didnt heat altogether. (maybe it was the trustfire batteries he no longer supports causing havok, or maybe it was the old stock carts, because it was whatever i could find in stores locally.)

Only reason i want OF to test it is because he will tell me the truth if the units bad. But if OF can get the unit working on the same cartridge for over the week, im going to toss this one up as user error and not products fault. After OF tests it, i will be happy to send you a 5 pack of cartridges.

If the unit is bad i will buy it back at msrp d9v website retail value. But at this point im confident its user error.

WELL, gary is ASS U MEing that its user error, which honestly, is rather rude and pretentious.

but anyways, im over it, id really like to sit and smoke this thing for two days to figure it out, but my issue is not going to be easily done or figured out over a "day"

i never said i had problems getting my device working, my original intention with this device was to save money in the long run, from my experience it is quite the opposite, infact its a cash black hole, carts failing to work longer than 2 days, several tries, even my friend tried, and we got successful vapors but boom, out later next morning.

I dont need another person to sit with my to confirm something i already know, this is rather ridiculous to me that it is even an issue. I dont see why you didnt just send me a replacement device instead of sending back my old one and also waiting 3+ months to get my persei back isnt cool. You claim to lost ticket, but you knew my persei unit number and my contact info from another ticket.

REgardless of how you act on your good days, its sad to say that because of subpar customer service and rather rude customer handling, especially on the forums here. You may know your vaporizers, you may not, but you definitely could use some lessons in manners.

You may not realize how ridiculous your request is, maybe they do business like that in the hood, "hey ask my homie to come look at it and he tell you whats straight."

ha.. excuse me but, i will no longer do business with a company so unprofessional and untrusting of its customers,

AGAIN, one of the main reasons i never even voiced my opinion in the first place because i kind of saw this coming, a bunch of ignorant D9V lovers, (i know because i was one of the ones saying others were stupid when they couldnt get their persei to work, just go back in the forums and look LOL)

but i quickly stopped posting when i realized the defect.

i also didnt feel the need to talk bad or DOWN about a company. so i didnt even put my feedback at the time, nor was i even going to mention the horrible lag time i experienced for my warranty service (over 3 months to get my device back, good thing i didnt hold my breath)

yeah. i will sell my "working device" and Gary, i was considering still purchasing the herb attachment later, but dude.. you have a way of driving away business. good luck to you in the future.

bluesurfboy,

OF

You may not realize how ridiculous your request is, maybe they do business like that in the hood, "hey ask my homie to come look at it and he tell you whats straight."

I'm very sorry that's your 'take' on this, it's surely not mine. My offer to try to help you sort things out was a sincere effort to help, with no hidden agenda. But it is, of course, your call.

I believe G tried to build on that, asking me as an objective third party to ensure your Persei was performing to specifications. He knows well I honestly report what I see, these threads are full of my (I hope) honest criticisms of some of his products. I tend to be a 'let the chips fall where they do' kind of guy.

Please be assured I'm in no way his "homie". The original offer to try to help was completely independent of G and THC.

Best wishes.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It's too bad tempers are flaring!
"blue surf boy" I was hoping that you would take "OF" up on his offer.
Since you are not: "The validity of your complaint loses it's relevance"!
G may be a little rough around the edges.
However most engineers are this way regardless if their schooling is from hard knocks or MIT.

I can't say enough about how powerful my PERSIE operates.
3 hits is plenty 6 is what I normally dose due to the wonderful relief obtained.

Plus it's so fast!

Pure GOLDl from Tera Labs tasted so sweet however the leakage was not cool.
I use lab tested WAX with a 2.4 cartridges 3.4V battery with no issues.

I found my combo so pretty stoked.
Still I have a lot to learn and want to figure out the 7.4V set up?

For medical reasons I use this device.
Its not a RASTA Recreational deal for me.

No more PROZAC, AMBIEM C and a few other PHARMA's eliminated.

For medical users this device is a must!

tharealmclovin

A. Take the offered help

Or

B. Drop it

Right now you sound like an upset ex BF trying to get everyone to hate your ex GF

SORRY TO SAY IT BUT YOUR "EX GF" treats us all really nicely. We have no complaints.

bluesurfboy

I'm very sorry that's your 'take' on this, it's surely not mine. My offer to try to help you sort things out was a sincere effort to help, with no hidden agenda. But it is, of course, your call.

I believe G tried to build on that, asking me as an objective third party to ensure your Persei was performing to specifications. He knows well I honestly report what I see, these threads are full of my (I hope) honest criticisms of some of his products. I tend to be a 'let the chips fall where they do' kind of guy.

Please be assured I'm in no way his "homie". The original offer to try to help was completely independent of G and THC.

Best wishes.

OF

OH NO! OF, not you, i appreciate your always serving and helpful demeanor, and vast knowledge, its all directed at GAry, he is the one that made the requset, you arent even part of the company, why would i have anything bad to say about you? you have been nothing but help, sorry for misunderstanding if i wasnt clear.

bluesurfboy,
Reactions: OF

bluesurfboy

Modnote: No selling or soliciting items on the forum.

WOW, the last 3 posts before this too...

say/think what yall want, i am done and never looking back.

if you took the time to READ my posts, then you would realize its not user error or operational problems, i can get it to work fine,

after talking with my brother, mechanical engineer at berkeley,

its a issue regulatino voltage or temperature that is going haywire INTERMITTENTLY

lol @ therealmclovin, i got a problem, didnt even bother saying anything at first, (i was one of you guys making fun of other people) then i woke up, realize that was stupid, rude and pretentious. not everything is perfect. month later because d9v tooks 3 months to send back a unit they promised would be back wthin a week. and now i am a little less than impressed with the service and thought of it as my duty to at least let people know, i raise a concern, and 1. GAry "knows" its a user error (even though when i called in to ask where my device was at 3 months later, he said at first that they didnt even receive the device, and then second to say that there was no ticket for it and told me to look for my shipping receipt.) i could not, when i called back in, Gary informed me he didnt know any known issues, but that he would test and send back.

....so if this is "bitching" and "whining" like a GF, ROFL i feel sad for your gf you treat like a slave and inanimate object. There are real people posting things here with real issues and real experiences.

you realize i am not asking for anything, GARy offered a refund, the conditions however were extremely unprofessional and time required to accurately address the situation would not be realistic (24-48 hours of on and off light usage)

and regardless of how all of you "FEEL" about what i am saying, the facts are the facts, and any person coming on this thread wanting a unbiased view about the device will get it. period.

good day folks, imma go sell my expensive paperweight, 150 shipped if any of you want it. take it off my hands.

bluesurfboy,

DubCRider

BSB- If you don't have any luck selling it and have a change of heart my offer from the end of page 180 still stands.

DubCRider,

tharealmclovin

Sorry. You are not gonna come change a bunch of users(who have minimal problems) mind about a product that works fine. I it's faulty like you say...send it out and they will test it..if its broke. U get a new one...if its not...100% USER ERROR.

IT'S PRETTY SIMPLE.

Like I said you can complain all you want about something..when an answer is offered..if you turn it down, then IT'S ON YOU BUDDY.

And if you claim your unit is faulty. Then who would want to buy it.

Let me post 3 pages of how my unit is faulty, but later wanna sell it and expect us to bite on as you say "a faulty unit".

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Its Bender time.

Production has started. Also some changes that needs to be addressed.

We are no longer going to be using PTFE orings as this causes the glass to crack. In its place we will use FDA approved Silicon orings. The oring temperatures do not go above 150F so there is no issues with off gassing.

Ok so here are other tips, because we made the screen from glass and we are limited to the size of the air holes, we have to recommend that a slow and steady draw.

We have a fix in the future for this and if its a viable fix there should not be any unit changes just a small add on to fix this issue.

Pictures.

ABV, clean unit and the unit we used to test it.

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

VAPORIZER22

Really nice work G. What would be the minimum amount of material needed? I know about .5g is the max but was curious if a smaller amount (say about .1g or so) would work.

Thanks

VAPORIZER22,
Top Bottom