Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Thanks (for the lighting fast response). I don't think I ever received any message back. My other two questions were already answered here. But yea that's a bummer about the white caps, I should have checked before pre-filling a cart :hmm:.

If a cart is leaking out of the bottom (thread area) when standing upright, does that mean my oil is too runny?

I think you made a typo in your last post when trying to type 'typo' lol

P.S. Week two and still loving my persei...worst part about it is sharing though; gotta give a course on not breaking it each time :/ haha
Thanks

Most likely the leaks are from over use. Basic rules to follow and you should eliminate 99% of issues.

Always fill no more then .6
Never press the button and not inhale
always start inhaling before you press the button and keep inhaling after you let go of the button.
when you exhale the vapor just keep on hitting the cartridge without pressing a button for a few seconds to cool it down faster and let it cool down about 20 seconds between hits.
If you milk the hit as in 10-20 seconds then the extract is in liquid state and will over saturate the wick and leak. Just take shorter hits but many.

Slow and steady wins the race.

where and when are the release dates for the three items you mentioned?

I got my unit earlier this year and after using it for a month or so, i stopped because of leaks and problems with design overall, battery burning out carts way too fast, in a day or two if i was lucky with moderate and even light use.

Just want something that is reliable i know will work, and i will certainly buy.

but the whole carts to save or conserve, is funny to me as i have not had that experience.

The Herc is going into production this month.

OF

I got my unit earlier this year and after using it for a month or so, i stopped because of leaks and problems with design overall, battery burning out carts way too fast, in a day or two if i was lucky with moderate and even light use.

Just want something that is reliable i know will work, and i will certainly buy.

Sorry you're having troubles.

Let me guess, you're not using 2.4 Ohm carts? I think the vast majority of new users having leaks and other issues are doing so because of this. Consider there are many hundreds of us on this Forum not having such problems on a routine basis. To me that indicates the design is good and the quality acceptable?

Good concentrate, those carts (at 3.7 Volts) and taking it easy on the switch until you learn your way around seems to be nearly a guarantee of success.

OF

iight

iight.com
Most likely the leaks are from over use.

What about before I ever use the cart? I'm assuming it's the type of bad oil and my un air conditioned room the day I stored it here. For not-so-ideal conditions, it still hits like a champ!

Unfortunately, I only found out about the 'fill halfway' trick after filling both of my carts. But now that cart #1 is about halfway done I have definitely noticed better overall functionality.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
What about before I ever use the cart? I'm assuming it's the type of bad oil and my un air conditioned room. Not too worried about because it still hits like a champ!

Unfortunately, I only found out about the 'fill halfway' trick after filling both of my carts. But now that cart #1 is about halfway done I have definitely noticed better overall functionality.

runy oils at room temps dont work, and hot room temps slowly will cause leaks

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: iight

bluesurfboy

Sorry you're having troubles.

Let me guess, you're not using 2.4 Ohm carts? I think the vast majority of new users having leaks and other issues are doing so because of this. Consider there are many hundreds of us on this Forum not having such problems on a routine basis. To me that indicates the design is good and the quality acceptable?

Good concentrate, those carts (at 3.7 Volts) and taking it easy on the switch until you learn your way around seems to be nearly a guarantee of success.

OF

Thanks for this OF, that does remind me that that did have the best taste, but took way too long for me to medicate so avoiding "10-20 seconds "was not possible i would be sitting there with a device in my mouth the entire day and never get medicated.

The problem i believe is unique to my device, it was sent back for this very issue, a .6-.8 load would never last longer than two full days, and the weight wasnt the issue, i tried on every except 4 ohm. (1.5, 2.5, 3.0, 5.0)

my oil, when properly purged, its slow moving extremely viscous, almost solid but def moves overtime. and this is exactly the issue admitted by G himself...

runy oils at room temps dont work, and hot room temps slowly will cause leaks

to my, it is an issue of design and quality for what it states, i dunno, i guess its good for whats out there, but even turning it upside down for unexpected amounts of time can cause leaks, it really isnt anything portable about it in my preference is what im saying. and definitely not versatile as it implies, its more like just on paper and theory, especially if you have to modulate your breathing so much just to even make it work, but from my personal experience, running dual carts of even higher power usually solves that.

in short, there is a reason why they are working on a leak-proof system, and on top of that, i have not had a cart last longer than two days, i weigh my carts and i usually do not see a big change in weight, maybe .05-.15 yet, vapor production completlely halts (so for example if i loaded .8 i weigh that, write down that number and vape, later i realize vapors completely stop, just gets hot, i reweight, the changed weight is minimal if at all.)

now i tried torch, lighter, heatd gun, letting it sit outside, leaving it in a hot room, even for a few days and NOTHING get it working with more vapors unless i put more oil in, its like a black hole of oil i cannot understand, people say wick absorbds .2 but for me seems like .5 dissapears.

so its not that i am burning out the cart, more oil, then works again, and its not problem with my oil,

i wasted more money getting this stupid persei "TESTED" than i have in ANY other stage of my life, PERIOD. i tried concentrates from clubs and other growers.

the real problem is the consumer shouldnt have to go through all the money beta testing a product, or just let people know with a bit more transparency, "hey guys, yeah, these got problems, wait a year or two and we will let you know when we get it right" ......instead of making promises continually that cant be kept, "Just another week, just another month, we got something crazy."

it gets old after a while, i remember when i bought my device earlier this year, they said the 8 herb cart was out soon and 1yr oil cart soon to follow, only reason i bought, but they cant keep word, at end of day excuses are just that... excuses.

i am still open to suggestion/surprise if they prove us all otherwise.

bluesurfboy,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Ok let me jump right in before i go out with the wife.

Ok when the first automobile came out, no one said hold on let us invent seatbelts, airbags, a engine that did not require oil every 30 miles, but history pushed on and people bought automobiles.

When the first airplane came out no one said hey lets invent jets before we ride this tube in the air, but history moved on and people flew no matter what the safety records showed.

We introduced a cartridge that worked and we tested it and it worked. I remember DubC calling me out on the Omicron when it first came out. We proved him wrong and he now works with us. No technology is 100% as i can take a car and slide across the road hit a barrier flip it, then tell the manufacturer hey you didnt make it idiot proof or didnt tell me that 140mph it was going to lose control.

I am willing to bet that dub c, OF, myself or other persei users can get your persei to work and show you its working or ill buy it back. Full price.

I am positive you are holding the button to long, i am positive your not allowing the wick to reconstitute, and i am positive that ill put 100 cartridges to that Persei and only have maybe 1 or two fail with in a day.

Plus we are making the leak proofs to be more user friendly and to be more forgiving on user errors. This not only reduces issues, but also pushes us to create new designs. Drives innovation because no matter how good we make it, someone somewhere is always going to fuck shit up.

jpdnkstr

Ok let me jump right in before i go out with the wife.

Ok when the first automobile came out, no one said hold on let us invent seatbelts, airbags, a engine that did not require oil every 30 miles, but history pushed on and people bought automobiles.

When the first airplane came out no one said hey lets invent jets before we ride this tube in the air, but history moved on and people flew no matter what the safety records showed.

We introduced a cartridge that worked and we tested it and it worked. I remember DubC calling me out on the Omicron when it first came out. We proved him wrong and he now works with us. No technology is 100% as i can take a car and slide across the road hit a barrier flip it, then tell the manufacturer hey you didnt make it idiot proof or didnt tell me that 140mph it was going to lose control.

I am willing to bet that dub c, OF, myself or other persei users can get your persei to work and show you its working or ill buy it back. Full price.

I am positive you are holding the button to long, i am positive your not allowing the wick to reconstitute, and i am positive that ill put 100 cartridges to that Persei and only have maybe 1 or two fail with in a day.

Plus we are making the leak proofs to be more user friendly and to be more forgiving on user errors. This not only reduces issues, but also pushes us to create new designs. Drives innovation because no matter how good we make it, someone somewhere is always going to fuck shit up.
Word!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It took me 3 week to get it down.

I struggled with the 5.4 ohm cartridges it came with. Until I bought some 2.4 ohm cartridges did I finally succeed. Had the same issues as bluesurfboy. I let it cool down between draws. It work unreal. The combination was my technique and changing cartridges. The wax melted into the cartridge in like 20 seconds. I have a very serious medical condition and the Persie is a very well made instrument and helps me to manage my illness. So I was a bit of a rookie with this thing. Once you get it wired it is so convenient.

For me I feel like it was money well spent now that I know how to use it.

I have a chrome Persie and will buy a second one in black. That way I can match the rings correctly.
Chrome with Chrome. Black with Black. Plus another 5 pack of 2.4's.

My G-Pen was sold because I can't handle the plastic taste from it.
The Magic Box is a Pop Corn Flavor Machine. (In storage)
The Solo from Arizer I have two. For flowers the flavor is amazing. M107 works well.

The PERSIE provides convenience and for the good quality waxes it's the bet way to medicate

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

I struggled with the 5.4 ohm cartridges it came with. Until I bought some 2.4 ohm cartridges did I finally succeed. Had the same issues as bluesurfboy. I let it cool down between draws. It work unreal. The combination was my technique and changing cartridges. The wax melted into the cartridge in like 20 seconds. I have a very serious medical condition and the Persie is a very well made instrument and helps me to manage my illness. So I was a bit of a rookie with this thing. Once you get it wired it is so convenient.

I have a chrome Persie and will buy a second one in black. That way I can match the rings correctly.

The Solo from Arizer I have two. For flowers the flavor is amazing. M107 works well.

The PERSIE provides convenience and for the good quality waxes it's the bet way to medicate

Glad it was all resolved out, but you dont need a new persei to match the rings.

What many people dont want to accept is because you know how to drive does not mean you can drive a F1 Race car at top speeds. That is why i make this forum our home because working together we can teach and learn. I try to answer as many questions i can but help from everyone else on this forum is what i like, we get all the home remedies a man can ask for and 99.9% of them fix the issues.

Get the black or chrome Persei Bars. you can select what color ring and bottom cap you want so you can color match.

Ok update on Bender

We will not be using a PTFE seals as they might cause cracks in the glass as they are not that flexible. In its place we will be using FDA approved Orings. Since the orings dont get hotter then 120F there is no issue with off gassing or melting what so ever. Plus its easier on the glass and wont crack it.

bluesurfboy

Again, i an open to suggestion. but now my personal conclusion is, it is a unique device defect.

I've owned and loved the MFLB, which has one of the higher learning curves, I've loved it and got it fairly quickly. and many other vapes

when getting persei i also had no problems becuase i spent 2-3 days researching and reading on it and how to fill properly, mistakes others were making, and my first fill went well, my second fill leaked,(cart, not human error, i later found) because i used a similar method for other carts successfully.

i may have not let the wick reconstitute on some of the carts when i was in a rush but definitely not with all, some sat with 15 minutes between each one.

and this whole carts not lasting longer than 2 days max was before and after using your advice gary of 2 seconds on and 2 seconds off as you had told me while we were troubleshooting over the phone. still no help

so i know what you're thinking, especially having been in customer service myself, but i highly doubt its my error, i mean i went through 17-18 carts and if i didnt get it down by the 1st i know i did by the 3-4, (i even had my friend watch the video and load one his way, without any help from me, i would have thought he burn the hell out of the o-rings but that also hit well, without leaks, so i know what you want to believe, but the truth and the facts of my PERSONAL experience is just there. and it would be one thing if i was ranting and frustrated about it now. this happened earlier this year, and because i know there are some doubters, but more importantly some people that support this device to the bitter end, i was highly skeptical sharing the experience wasnt just talking to a group or close circle of paid users/posters (not to say that is the actual case here) so i just felt i would go back to my more preferred methods and just call it an expensive trial mistake, one i would never go back to...unless i hear/experience any change, its just a fancy paper weight and a cool looking box.
so if you are still open on that offer, i would love to get a refund rather than sell it on classifieds, and was my original request when i called in earlier this year, but you never offered to me, actually avoided.

bluesurfboy,

bluesurfboy

I have a black one, if Gary doesn't wont take me up on that offer to buy it back for full price, If you'd like, we can work something out.

bluesurfboy,

bluesurfboy

What many people dont want to accept is because you know how to drive does not mean you can drive a F1 Race car at top speeds. That is why i make this forum our home because working together we can teach and learn. I try to answer as many questions i can but help from everyone else on this forum is what i like, we get all the home remedies a man can ask for and 99.9% of them fix the issues.

I know that is a blanket statement and not directed towards me, as that would be completly unprofessional and rude as a company brand.

Having said that i absolutely agree, that most are out of there capability or abliities, thats certainly not the case for me, i am not your typical stoner, i consistently and quicker, perform more sales, and just overall get it quicker than most, so im not surprised i got the load technique and hitting down my first time using, quicker than most of you even.

the problem is not me though, haha its the device, and you can all think what you want, but for something that uses DAILY other vapes that require more user attention and somes that dont, but i prefer one that does, so its not difficulty, i use a vape thats more difficult on a daily basis, because the high from that is simply unmatched in any other way. although it wastes a bit, i get the biggest cloud.

so again, if i can get a refund, great, if not, thats ok too, but in my book, and just so the internet can know its better that im honest about my experiences i really didnt even bother posting before because its several hundred bucks, but to some, thats quite a bit of money, and better avoided until perfected.

ill finish by saying, its a great concept, and wonderful WHEN WORKING... thats the key, absolutely way too finnicky, and for someone that makes my own concentrates now, it may still be viable, but for someon that pays 30-60 per gram wow, i just couldnt see wasting so much of my concentrate is justifiable.

bluesurfboy,

OF

Again, i an open to suggestion. but now my personal conclusion is, it is a unique device defect.

and this whole carts not lasting longer than 2 days max was before and after using your advice gary of 2 seconds on and 2 seconds off as you had told me while we were troubleshooting over the phone. still no help

I guess there's always a chance of a defect in the Persei, it is the common factor in the string of failures. Or at least one common factor. Although right off I can't say what it might be? Seems off hand 'the worst it can do' is put out full voltage? IMO it's well worth checking out at this point, if for no other reason than to take it off the list of possibles. Where abouts are you? Maybe we could meet up, even get DubC in on it (he's real good at sorting this kinda stuff out).

This second part has me confused, you say 'not lasting longer than 2 days', you mean before leaking? You're not emptying them that fast (some guys do)? How heavy do you hit it when it's working OK (not sure how to measure that, hits per gram?)? What resistance cart and battery voltage?

TIA for a lot of details, but this interests me.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I'll buy the unit back if OF says it's defective. Ship it to dub he will deliver it to OF and OF will give a unbiased review of the device, after he uses it for a week. In turn if OF says that the unit is killing cartridges then I will
Buy it back from you and compensate OF for time and loss of product.

bluesurfboy

I guess there's always a chance of a defect in the Persei, it is the common factor in the string of failures. Or at least one common factor. Although right off I can't say what it might be? Seems off hand 'the worst it can do' is put out full voltage? IMO it's well worth checking out at this point, if for no other reason than to take it off the list of possibles. Where abouts are you? Maybe we could meet up, even get DubC in on it (he's real good at sorting this kinda stuff out).

This second part has me confused, you say 'not lasting longer than 2 days', you mean before leaking? You're not emptying them that fast (some guys do)? How heavy do you hit it when it's working OK (not sure how to measure that, hits per gram?)? What resistance cart and battery voltage?

TIA for a lot of details, but this interests me.

OF

I believe the most hits i got out of one .8-.9 load was around 75-85 hits (with the exception of one i took down to my trip to LA), doing two to three 3-5 second pushes followed by one or two smaller 2-3 second pushes to finish out a session.

I really found that the whole 7 second thing really wasnt an issue as doing slower draws (when compared to a bong or higher volume application) kept thick vapor production.

I too thought i was maybe, just maybe going through them too fast, as i did try one time to do so, i used it ALOT for two days, maybe 150-160 hits and it stopped working, the weird part is it stopped producing vapor but the weight only went down 0.2-0.25

i am just sharing what i remember from my experience, and yeah it would be good to get it figured out, i am remember now that i am looking back, i bought this device orginally because i was STOKED at the idea of getting 200+ hits off a gram, 300-400 they were claiming at the time actually. but even if the number wasnt there for me personally i would be ok as long as it conserved but the amount i ended up spending in carts along was 200 (most places dont sell for just 10 bucks, especially on the go) and then i never really got the cart to burn more than .3 before the cart either stopped producing vapors completely until i loaded some more, but even sometimes, the vapor production was minimally reduced.

Id be happy to share any other details as i recall them or it becomes relevent to the conversation.

I'll buy the unit back if OF days it's defective. Ship it to dub he will deliver it to OF and OF will give a unbiased review of the device, after he uses it for a week. In turn if OF says that the unit is killing cartridges then I will

OK, well i JUST got it back from you guys, (thats another story) and you said you tested it, and is now fully working, so regardless of what the issue was beforehand and if it has been fixed or maybe using different batteries, i dont know, but you didnt really say that you did anything to it, that your shipping dept lost it, and you later found the ticket, and tested it before shipping it out

I have not tried the device, since getting it back last week, and quite frankly because of my past experience do not really have much inclination/need to take that "risk"

so i guess if that is your terms that i sent it somewhere to get it deemed defective before allowing a refund.

im not sure if i just rather sell it and get it over with very quickly or drag this out even further.

the only benefit to getting a refund is i doubt i would get my full purchase price.

Which it may have been the vendor, as El Camino Wellness was selling them for $240. Because i was scheduled to meet with DubC that day and had such arrangements made couple days in advance but he was too busy that day and later told me that i would NOT be able to purchase from him directly. Needless to say i felt like i was kind of given the run around on that too.

bluesurfboy,
Reactions: OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I believe the most hits i got out of one .8-.9 load was around 75-85 hits (with the exception of one i took down to my trip to LA), doing two to three 3-5 second pushes followed by one or two smaller 2-3 second pushes to finish out a session.

I really found that the whole 7 second thing really wasnt an issue as doing slower draws (when compared to a bong or higher volume application) kept thick vapor production.

I too thought i was maybe, just maybe going through them too fast, as i did try one time to do so, i used it ALOT for two days, maybe 150-160 hits and it stopped working, the weird part is it stopped producing vapor but the weight only went down 0.2-0.25

i am just sharing what i remember from my experience, and yeah it would be good to get it figured out, i am remember now that i am looking back, i bought this device orginally because i was STOKED at the idea of getting 200+ hits off a gram, 300-400 they were claiming at the time actually. but even if the number wasnt there for me personally i would be ok as long as it conserved but the amount i ended up spending in carts along was 200 (most places dont sell for just 10 bucks, especially on the go) and then i never really got the cart to burn more than .3 before the cart either stopped producing vapors completely until i loaded some more, but even sometimes, the vapor production was minimally reduced.

Id be happy to share any other details as i recall them or it becomes relevent to the conversation.

OK, well i JUST got it back from you guys, (thats another story) and you said you tested it, and is now fully working, so regardless of what the issue was beforehand and if it has been fixed or maybe using different batteries, i dont know, but you didnt really say that you did anything to it, that your shipping dept lost it, and you later found the ticket, and tested it before shipping it out

I have not tried the device, since getting it back last week, and quite frankly because of my past experience do not really have much inclination/need to take that "risk"

so i guess if that is your terms that i sent it somewhere to get it deemed defective before allowing a refund.

im not sure if i just rather sell it and get it over with very quickly or drag this out even further.

the only benefit to getting a refund is i doubt i would get my full purchase price.

Which it may have been the vendor, as El Camino Wellness was selling them for $240. Because i was scheduled to meet with DubC that day and had such arrangements made couple days in advance but he was too busy that day and later told me that i would NOT be able to purchase from him directly. Needless to say i felt like i was kind of given the run around on that too.

Only reason i want OF to test it is because he will tell me the truth if the units bad. But if OF can get the unit working on the same cartridge for over the week, im going to toss this one up as user error and not products fault. After OF tests it, i will be happy to send you a 5 pack of cartridges.

If the unit is bad i will buy it back at msrp d9v website retail value. But at this point im confident its user error.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

I'll buy the unit back if OF says it's defective. Ship it to dub he will deliver it to OF and OF will give a unbiased review of the device, after he uses it for a week. In turn if OF says that the unit is killing cartridges then I will

Lemme see if I have this right, he gets it to DubC, I get a good excuse to meet up with him and visit, then check out what might be a very uncommon Persei failure and might end up with some carts for my trouble? What trouble?

And we get BSB's problem resolved one way or the other in the process?

Cool. Send me in coach, I'm ready to play......

OF

OF,
Reactions: iight

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Lemme see if I have this right, he gets it to DubC, I get a good excuse to meet up with him and visit, then check out what might be a very uncommon Persei failure and might end up with some carts for my trouble? What trouble?

And we get BSB's problem resolved one way or the other in the process?

Cool. Send me in coach, I'm ready to play......

OF

Yup thats about it. Now only if we can get BSB to meet up with dub to hand the unit over.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Oh by the way, If of says units good to go, bsb I'll sed you a 5 pack of carts also.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

DubCRider

BSB- I live in Concord now. I'm in Sac every Friday and can meet with you when time permits or you can come by my place. I'll give you the extra $40 you paid on top of the D9V refund if things go south. It's not about the money with me, it's about you being happy with your purchase. If the unit is indeed broken you have MY word that you will get back whatever price your receipt says you paid if you choose not to take a working unit in its place. OF can come as well(he has all the fancy gizmos) and we can make a day of it. I'm sorry I was not able to meet with you on the day we had planned. Give me a call and let's figure this out!

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
didn't finish the rest of this, but i can tell ya that loading more than .6 at a time can increase percentage of difficulties. also, best way i have found to clear cloggy carts is to heat end like ur gonna fill the cart, then gently blow from thread end. cart goes back to perfect function 95% of the time

Top Bottom