Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

jmorales707

Can we use the hammer top with regular oil carts if we remember to turn it off? I'm assuming/hoping it can be used like the on/off hvd top for omi?

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Can we use the hammer top with regular oil carts if we remember to turn it off? I'm assuming/hoping it can be used like the on/off hvd top for omi?
it can. same problems can arise, i.e. accidental activation, but since the button is recessed, it happens less often. it doesn't have the 5 click on/off, but does have the bump/accidental drop/safety off.

I love my hammer top, but even "experts"(more like dumbass(me)) can mess up and burn out carts with it. Be careful.

havealight101,

OF

I love my hammer top, but even "experts"(more like dumbass(me)) can mess up and burn out carts with it. Be careful.

Good caution. Also it changes a bit with what's screwed into it. Gets a bit more sporting if it has a hammer cart screwed into it. Harder to ignore if it's in a pocket anywhere near your private parts I bet?

Then again, while there's no 'deadman's' switch on it, but maybe the 'dancing around like a mad fool' function might save your trousers and a bit of your dignity?

IMO the persei give so much more vapor than the omicron. So I tend to use button taps instead of holding it down (HVD & hammer top)

This is true sometimes. Have you tried Omicron with the AW IMR 14500s? I find that (dumping the supplied 14650s) gives back the .3 or so loss and puts them on par for the most part.

OF

tharealmclovin

IMO the persei give so much more vapor than the omicron. So I tend to use button taps instead of holding it down (HVD & hammer top)

I Use the hammer top for the hammer only.

tharealmclovin,

tharealmclovin

I have the 14500's but I got them right before my persei. So I kinda neglect my omicron now.

EDIT: sorry for the double post. Didn't realize OF edited.

tharealmclovin,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
the hammer top does have a safety shut off, if moved or bumped even a little, the light on mine blinks, and resets the power to off. It's almost too sensitive, but I won't complain, if it keeps people from burning stuff, including themselves.

jambandphan03,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
the video guys please remember that this is not the best shot video, and the herb was already spent, was on its last leg but when you see the video at first you see the vapor production then it dies down and then after a few shakes started producing more vapor back and forth. I am no way a master on this setup since it was my first run on a bubbler with the bender.

The video is uploading.

tharealmclovin

My notifications stopped too for some reason. I have to remember to check daily or I fall too far behind.

tharealmclovin,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
sometimes it works for me sometimes it doesnt but oh well.

But here is a ABV shot from yesterday to today.

Left is today slight charring about i would say 4-5%

and the right side was yesterday seems small part got charred but thats all. In person this is light brown but some how in the pics it looks greenish bur believe me its brown.

Both had about 1% life left

IMG_0084.jpg

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OB

Whats up with the vape mclovin mentioned? It looks way to much like the persei( maybe some apple-samsung shit in the works?). Id imagine the persei is the better of the two but im biased and know nothing about it besides what the website says.

OB,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Jeez!!! :doh:

Somehow, I stopped getting email notifications from this thread, and the whole world has changed.
I'm in.

That has happened to me. I think that if you don't open and click on every single notification you get then it'll stop for that thread. Then you have to go to your account and click on the Watched Threads. Then click on the thread in question. Once you've opened it you'll start to get emails again.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Whats up with the vape mclovin mentioned? It looks way to much like the persei( maybe some apple-samsung shit in the works?). Id imagine the persei is the better of the two but im biased and know nothing about it besides what the website says.

well it looks like a single 18350 battery with a boost circuit, limit is 6v and at 6v 700mah is going to drain really really fast. I think Of can do the calculations since hes familiar with the system.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
6 volts at 700 mah brings a resistance of ~8.57 ohms and ~4.2 watts.

In simple terms its like running a 3.7v with a 3 ohm cart. Just less power. And high resistance.

If that was even what the idea of it all was.

6 volt boosted isnt great. and 18350 usually have lower mah than 18650 which means faster drain.

Porquiplane,
well it looks like a single 18350 battery with a boost circuit, limit is 6v and at 6v 700mah is going to drain really really fast. I think Of can do the calculations since hes familiar with the system.
More specifically, it appears to be a Young-June Lavatube knock-off. Variously claimed to have a 3.2 or 4 Amp output limit (instead of the KR's 2.5) and it has a function to measure atty/cart resistance. However, if it is one of these, they were the ones many retailers pulled because they would turn on accidentally - Supposedly it is fixed now, but many ecig shops have dropped the product (and now KR is shipping the Lamdo). You can find much about it by looking for "Lavatube 1.5T" or "Lavatube 2.0" - This is the "mini" model instead of the 18650 version (both sell for about $50 now, they were more a couple months ago)

-NDA

Nick Again,

tharealmclovin

I figured it was a knock off of a knock off. I told him the guy at the shop to get the Persei and he said he was gonna wait for this since it was a "Game Changer"

tharealmclovin,
Top Bottom