• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Hey G, Just got my Persei last week and im loving it so far! Only problem is tonight is stopped working in 7.4 mode. I tried both the single & double top in 7.4v mode and the LED illuminates for only a second then fades to nothing. Try the button a couple times and you dont even get that. Same exact thing on the double top. I tried 2 diff carts as well to try and rule that out.

Put in the 3.7 battery and 1.5 ohm cart single head and it it rippin like a champ! I put the 2 18350's on the charger and the light stays solid green. I just fully charged them a day or 2 before they stopped working.

What do you think is the prob? Bad batteries? I tried them on the charger both at the same time and each by itself. Light always stays green, but no heat on the Persei...

By the way on a separate note I LOVE IT and cant wait for the SS to drop. When do you think it might be ready for release???

AzCannaMan,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Hercules Cartridge Arriving on Monday for last round of testing.

Things you need to know about it.

Dry fire for over a month it wont break.
Holds more then .5 grams
Washable.
6 Month Warranty. Others offer half of this or none at all.
Send it back to get a new core for a small charge after your warranty expires.
Quickly Change out oils without emptying anything. <-- Ya we said it, you dont have to boil it, iso dip, 20 20 20 anything before you refill it with a different strain or batch.

Made in My Head machined who cares where, this thing speaks for itself.

Thc Scientific just Better.

DSC_0264.jpg

How will it fill? Easier than V1 carts? The same tips will fit in these? What about leaks and clogs?? More hits per load? So many questions.

Porquiplane,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
What do you think is the prob? Bad batteries? I tried them on the charger both at the same time and each by itself. Light always stays green, but no heat on the Persei.

Simple, use a multimeter to test your batts, if they read below a reasonable voltage then you got a dead cell.

Porquiplane,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Did you use the adjustment tool for the battery chamber? If you unscrew the bottom cap, and look inside the tube, you will see another disk inside, that is the adjustable plate, make sure your batteries are getting full contact by using the adjusting tool to turn it a few times. Assuming you did not try this already...

jambandphan03,
Reactions: OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
How will it fill? Easier than V1 carts? The same tips will fit in these? What about leaks and clogs?? More hits per load? So many questions.

Easier to fill then original cartridge, no leaks or clogs exist in this unit as far as design is concerned, but it might clog up a bit but should clear easily,

The rest I can't answer.

Hey G, Just got my Persei last week and im loving it so far! Only problem is tonight is stopped working in 7.4 mode. I tried both the single & double top in 7.4v mode and the LED illuminates for only a second then fades to nothing. Try the button a couple times and you dont even get that. Same exact thing on the double top. I tried 2 diff carts as well to try and rule that out.

Put in the 3.7 battery and 1.5 ohm cart single head and it it rippin like a champ! I put the 2 18350's on the charger and the light stays solid green. I just fully charged them a day or 2 before they stopped working.

What do you think is the prob? Bad batteries? I tried them on the charger both at the same time and each by itself. Light always stays green, but no heat on the Persei...

By the way on a separate note I LOVE IT and cant wait for the SS to drop. When do you think it might be ready for release???
I would think the battery is the issue, you have 14 days for a warranty claim, contact www.delta9vapes.com and we will handle it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Bart

Hey g
If you can get an oil cart to hit like the quadcoil does for eliquids we might get the first recorded case of overdose.
Waiting patiently for Hercules

Bart,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
I'm also not getting any power with either tops in 7.4 volt configuration. Both tops work with 3.7 volt battery. I have a Persei without the serial number (Planet Vape confirmed this). I already had issues with the cartridges having a metallic smell and taste that made the vapor unpleasant. Planet Vape was great and are sending me two replacements and a free 1.5 ohm cart to try out. They also emailed me instructions on how to pre oxidize my carts because my Persei kit doesn't have these instructions. These instructions can only be found with the Omicron v2 kits which makes no sense. Ive wasted a gram of oil on two carts that i didnt know i had to pre oxidize and now im having battery problems. Planet Vape has great customer service and they have treated me well with all my issues. Ive emailed them about my battery and im sure they will remedy the situation. If it wasn't for them I would have thrown this fucking thing out already. Do I have a beta unit? Did the early run on these units have the same problems I'm dealing with? I need to go train and blow of some steam because this Persei has giving me nothing but stress and aggravation.

pinoy,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
what I am wondering, 3 people have said their 7.4v isn't working w/ the recent chrome Persei, have y'all adjusted the battery plate at the bottom end of the Persei?? I guess I need to test mine to see if it's an issue. All I have is a couple of 5om carts to test 7.4, but not enough oil to fill them ATM. I also got the no serial number model from the early run.

**I put my ecig voltage reader on the single top w/ the 2 18350 batteries that came with my kit, and got a 7.7v reading, so power is there for me. I did have to adjust the battery plate so they would fit right. Also just tested the hammer top with the same batteries, it's working too. Only thing I haven't tested yet is the double top, and that is supposed to be on 3.7v only correct??

JoeKickass

I'm also not getting any power with either tops in 7.4 volt configuration.

One of the little 7.4v batteries is bad, that's why it's the same for both tops. This is the maker's site: http://delta9vapes.com/ On the right you click please submit a new ticket (even though it says offline):http://www.livehelpnow.net/lhn/TicketsVisitor.aspx?lhnid=8939

They might tell you to send the batteries back (usps first class is cheapest) but they'll send you new ones for free.

Also, there are some instructions on the site but a lot of good info is here on the forums, people are always coming up with new things so it's hard to keep updated. If you're having trouble the fastest way to fix it is describe your problem so others who relate to it can tell you how they fixed it.

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
I've adjusted the plate where the two batteries are flush with the threads but the black cap that covers the protective plate does not screw on. I left it that way and tested top with no success. I then adjusted the plate up slightly so the black cap fits. The batteries are no longer flush and extend pass the top threads slightly. I left it like that and still no success with both tops. I hope it's just a battery issue and not a problem with the unit. I also have issue with the kit itself. This is my first Delta9 product. Delta9 assumes that everyone owns an Omicron and has carts that will be compatible with the 3.7 volt battery. The Persei only comes with 5 ohm carts and if Planet Vape didn't offer FC two free carts the 3.7 volt battery would be useless.

pinoy,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I don't know if this helps, but I put my top cap on, then adjusted the battery plate up a few turns to tighten the batteries a bit more, but not with any kind of force, just enough to eliminate any possible room for movement in there... end cap fits fine too.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: pinoy

OF

I don't know if this helps, but I put my top cap on, then adjusted the battery plate up a few turns to tighten the batteries a bit more, but not with any kind of force, just enough to eliminate any possible room for movement in there... end cap fits fine too.

I'm with Jam here, although I use a somewhat different technique. I put it together a little loose, then use the key to run the battery up snug (take all the play out of the spring), then back it down 1 1/2 to 2 turns and put the cap on. This leaves it snug, a bit tighter than 'flush' done the other way.

JKA has an excellent point, I think, one bad battery can stall the game. Before giving up on it, though try charging it. It should charge a bit no matter. Unless it's too flat to be detected, in which case leave it in with the green light on for a while and hopefully the trickle charge function will bring it back up far enough to be 'recognized' and trigger the charge circuit.

This is a potential problem with this sort of setup (series batteries), a good one can actually kill a weak (or just discharged) one in such a package by forcing it to 'charge backwards'. Protected cells are....well, protected. Keep them both at the same state of charge if you love them.

OF

OF

Thanks for the tips. I'll try anything at this point .

You're welcome.

And in case you don't notice it in yourself, that's exactly the attitude that can carry a guy right through the rough spots. It's guys that get 'brain lock' and keep trying to plow the field the same way time after time that get beat. Don't be shy to question stuff you're sure is right....

OF

Got my persei yesterday, its awesome by the way. Dual cart is amazing, i never press the button for more than a 3 seconds and get massive vapor. Whats the ballapark on how longs these batteries last?

fiveoneooo,
Thanks for the tips. I'll try anything at this point .
I had a similar problem as you did. My 18650 worked fine with both tops yet my two 18350s for 7.4v wouldn't do anything. I figured that one or both of the batteries were dead but upon closer examination my batteries had a bit thicker than normal covering on them which prevented the positive post from contacting the negative side of the second battery. I simply cut away the battery cover to expose the positive post so that it could make flush contact. Hope this helps.

1835037v.jpg

Sublimation,
Reactions: pinoy

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
I put the 7.4 volt batts on the charger and the led is green with a flashing red. Could someone tell me what the different led configurations stand for? Persei kit doesn't have directions for the charger. I'll try trickle charging the batts for the whole day and adjust the plate for the spring and hopes this solves my problems . Planet Vape has already responded to my emails and is willing to ship out a new pair of batteries. A+++ costumer service.

pinoy,
I put the 7.4 volt batts on the charger and the led is green with a flashing red. Could someone tell me what the different led configurations stand for? Persei kit doesn't have directions for the charger. I'll try trickle charging the batts for the whole day and adjust the plate for the spring and hopes this solves my problems . Planet Vape has already responded to my emails and is willing to ship out a new pair of batteries. A+++ costumer service.

This means that the batteries are fully charged and should be good to go. Solid red means that it is charging. My batteries did the same thing as yours which indicates to me that they are working fine and more than likely need the battery cover snipped away a bit for a smooth connection between the batteries.

Sublimation,

Sir vapes a lot

Making smokers jealous
I had the same thing. the 18350's are just bad. My single top stopped working for the 5 ohm carts but works with an atomizer. But just get in touch with delta9vapes and they will take care of you. They have great customer service. Top notch

Also quite fun to puff on public. Gives me a good laugh everytime:lol:

Sir vapes a lot,
Reactions: OF

OF

I simply cut away the battery cover to expose the positive post so that it could make flush contact. Hope this helps.

1835037v.jpg

You might want to be extremely careful here. That little bit of metal showing at the rim at the 10 o'colck position on the near battery is dangerously exposed now. As I recall it's at positive battery potential, so if it contacts the tube wall the sun can come up inside your Persei.

OF

You might want to be extremely careful here. That little bit of metal showing at the rim at the 10 o'colck position on the near battery is dangerously exposed now. As I recall it's at positive battery potential, so if it contacts the tube wall the sun can come up inside your Persei.

OF
I ordered a new set of batteries once I realized that these weren't firing. Once I had solid working batteries I gave the 5 Ohm Cart at 7.4v a spin. After getting a number of nice satisfying pulls off of it I decided to take another look at my original batteries. I was chopped up when I went to town and should have taken additional care to ensure that I didn't expose any of the battery when cutting away the plastic cover. I gave them a quick test to see if they worked and then designated them to be spares for when the Protected 18350s I ordered from Madvapes die out on me. I'll be taking the minimal loss and playing it safe by tossing the spare battery I modified in the trash and making sure to take my time if I happen to encounter a battery like this again. Thanks for the advice, OF.

jambandphan03

in flavor country

OF
I'll second that, at the very least, put a piece of tape over it, so it's no longer exposed. Very bad if that metal on the edge touches inside as OF stated... please be careful.

OF

I'll second that, at the very least, put a piece of tape over it, so it's no longer exposed. Very bad if that metal on the edge touches inside as OF stated... please be careful.

I wouldn't want this to get around, but in similar spots I've used clear fingernail 'polish' with great success. "Sally Hansen Hard as Nails" to be specific. Carried it in my tool kit for years, got me out of some tight spots. You can build up insulation, glue stuff down with it, cover sharp edges, stick paper labels on, put a protective cover over notes and labels and lots of stuff the maker never thought about. Very tough stuff. I actually tried several brands, they won out. Or rather she did. It's been around for a long time, too.

Still I'm with the OP, for a few bucks you can be safe for sure and not worry about it. Hard to go wrong trying to be as safe as you reasonably can.....

OF

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
The batteries appear to have high spots in the protective wrap that makes getting good contact difficult . I don't feel comfortable shaving down the protective layer and possibly expose metal. I may ask for an exchange . I'll deal with Planet Vape and if I'm not satisfied I'll contact delta9vapes. Thanks for helping me out FC.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I had a similar problem as you did. My 18650 worked fine with both tops yet my two 18350s for 7.4v wouldn't do anything. I figured that one or both of the batteries were dead but upon closer examination my batteries had a bit thicker than normal covering on them which prevented the positive post from contacting the negative side of the second battery. I simply cut away the battery cover to expose the positive post so that it could make flush contact. Hope this helps.

1835037v.jpg

Please do not use these batteries, if you purchased the unit within the last 14 days we will replace them. Just send us back the old ones.

The batteries appear to have high spots in the protective wrap that makes getting good contact difficult . I don't feel comfortable shaving down the protective layer and possibly expose metal. I may ask for an exchange . I'll deal with Planet Vape and if I'm not satisfied I'll contact delta9vapes. Thanks for helping me out FC.

If you have your receipt from planet vapes and purchased the units within the last 14 days we will replace the batteries, just send us back the old ones please.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom