Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Got my hammer top today :) charging up my AW IMR 18350 batteries now, so I can test the heat rod. I put 2 of my lifepo4 3.0v batteries in there, and put the Evo 6v on top, heated it up, seems to be heating just fine, but when I press the button once to turn it off, I get 5 flashes, then it turns off. What does the 5x flashing mean?

Now after heating the Evo for almost a min, I turn it off, it flasshes 5x then it won't turn back on, just flashes at me. If I unscrew the top, till it breaks contact w/ the battery and flashes 3x then put it back on, it will let me turn it on again. Is this a possible heat issue? I am still waiting for my other batteries to charge so I can see how it behaves with the actual heat rod.

jambandphan03,

odogg

Elevate.
After having the persei for a couple days, i see what people mean about the button being kinda difficult to press in and get going..It still gets the job done very well though!

odogg,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Ah, should have done this sooner, found my answer at D-9 , it's the 6v batteries:

• Warning against low voltage: when using two battery for 7.4v,if the voltage is under 6V,LED flicker, it indicates batteries need to be charged
  • When using one battery for 3.7v, LED will flicker if the voltage is under 3V,it indicates to charge,no voltage output.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Ah, should have done this sooner, found my answer at D-9 , it's the 6v batteries:

• Warning against low voltage: when using two battery for 7.4v,if the voltage is under 6V,LED flicker, it indicates batteries need to be charged
  • When using one battery for 3.7v, LED will flicker if the voltage is under 3V,it indicates to charge,no voltage output.

Yes mam i did not even think about that. Let me know how it works under 7.4v

THC SCIENTIFIC,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Ok, just did a little test. I put fresh charged 3.0 lifepo4 batteries in, fresh loaded Evo 6v, Timed it at about a minute to really get to full on heat where I was getting good visible vapor, clicked off and got the 5x flash. Waited 10 seconds in off mode. Hit button again, came on, waited 10 seconds to heat up and got another full hit, turned off and got 5x flash. waited 10 sec. in off mode. turned on again, waited 5 sec. got another full hit, starting to notice body warming slightly, turn off, 5x flash. wait 10 sec. in off mode. turned on again, waited 5 sec, got another full hit, turned off, 5x flash, waited 10 sec. in off mode, but this time it did not turn back on when I pressed the button. So I got about 5 hits before it thought the battery was too low for it to turn back on, or is this a heat cut off? I tapped it on the desk ever so slightly as I was setting it down, and got 3 flashes, and that reset the memory (safety trigger I am guessing) and it let me turn it back on again. This is where I stopped. ( btw~ full hit = 10-15 sec draw with visible vapor)

Just an FYI for ya...

jambandphan03,
Reactions: OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Ok, just did a little test. I put fresh charged 3.0 lifepo4 batteries in, fresh loaded Evo 6v, Timed it at about a minute to really get to full on heat where I was getting good visible vapor, clicked off and got the 5x flash. Waited 10 seconds in off mode. Hit button again, came on, waited 10 seconds to heat up and got another full hit, turned off and got 5x flash. waited 10 sec. in off mode. turned on again, waited 5 sec. got another full hit, starting to notice body warming slightly, turn off, 5x flash. wait 10 sec. in off mode. turned on again, waited 5 sec, got another full hit, turned off, 5x flash, waited 10 sec. in off mode, but this time it did not turn back on when I pressed the button. So I got about 5 hits before it thought the battery was too low for it to turn back on, or is this a heat cut off? I tapped it on the desk ever so slightly as I was setting it down, and got 3 flashes, and that reset the memory (safety trigger I am guessing) and it let me turn it back on again. This is where I stopped. ( btw~ full hit = 10-15 sec draw with visible vapor)

Just an FYI for ya...

Hmmm let me test it out tomorrow and see whats going on, will talk to engineers also.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Hammer on the other hand, seems to be working fine so far, put in the IMR 18350's, heated the rod for about 50 sec. stab and dab, worked as it should. :tup: In fact I was able to get several hits off a small dab that would have gone up in a sec on a hot nail >poof<

just stuck a small bit of older scissor/finger hash on the nail, and used the hammer did the stab method, but found that with the harder hash, it did also worked well with direct, continuous contact. So that's good news for people with harder dry hash.

Also have run it 4 times in a row at about a min 1/2 each time so far.

Just put a small dab of kif on my nail, heated the hammer for about 25 sec and started hitting, the kif melted away fast.

loaded a little glass one hitter with flowers, touched the tip of the hammer to the herb and drew through. It sorta vaped it, but the taste was quick to turn to popcorn because of the direct contact. I think this would work better in a larger bowl where you can stir and pull away as needed to keep from over heating the bud. Not my ideal choice of using flowers, but does work. I am stating to reach my threshold for medicating right now, so I think this will be the last "test" for now. :ko:

Hammer is still running on the same charge. The blinking I got early on around #5 was from setting it down on the desk, if bumped it resets the top, and blinks.

kittyboy

Got the persei charged and up and runnin will stay on 3.7 for a while til i get the hang it. One thing notice so far is button is push only (does not lock on like HVD head) and not sure about the 8 second shut off. wondering if it is suppose to shut down (no light on) after 8 seconds or does heat element just turn off?
Must say it is a well built machine IMO>
Thanks

kittyboy,

OF

One thing notice so far is button is push only (does not lock on like HVD head) and not sure about the 8 second shut off.

Both are normal.

Momentary switch action is more or less standard, units that can stay on when not held present safety issues sometimes.

No time out is a feature of the Omicron V2 and Persei lines. V1X has it due to it's e-cig roots. Only other vapes I can think of that don't have timeouts are the TV units and similar 'switch and battery' units that don't have the electronics to do otherwise.

Many cartomizers will burn out if run dry....just like Omicron carts do.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Got the persei charged and up and runnin will stay on 3.7 for a while til i get the hang it. One thing notice so far is button is push only (does not lock on like HVD head) and not sure about the 8 second shut off. wondering if it is suppose to shut down (no light on) after 8 seconds or does heat element just turn off?
Must say it is a well built machine IMO>
Thanks

When you let go of the button it stays off. There is no 8 second cut off.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Many cartomizers will burn out if run dry....just like Omicron carts do.

OF

Not The Hercules Cart my friend, the Hercules Cart is the king of carts and will continue to be so.

Trust me thing rocks.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Not only are they denied to mortals, but they're not Omicron carts by my definition.....so there!

OF

You my friend got me if your statement only said Omicron Carts, but since you included "Many Carts will burn out dry" the Hercules even if denied to mortal's falls into that category.

So There back at ya?

did i just win a debate with OF, if i did im gonna add that to my Signature cuz thats like one in a million you know.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

You my friend got me if your statement only said Omicron Carts, but since you included "Many Carts will burn out dry" the Hercules even if denied to mortal's falls into that category.

So There back at ya?

did i just win a debate with OF, if i did im gonna add that to my Signature cuz thats like one in a million you know.

Hold on here, I thought I said "Many cartomizers will burn out if run dry....just like Omicron carts do." Will Omicron carts burn out if run dry or not? Will many cartomizers? I never said they all will (I can think of one I don't think will, used as designed......).

And again, we can't get this wonder cart of yours, it doesn't count. Even if it does really exist....

Don't think you get full points on this one (yet), hope that 'victory lap' is in pencil?

Over.....

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hold on here, I thought I said "Many cartomizers will burn out if run dry....just like Omicron carts do." Will Omicron carts burn out if run dry or not? Will many cartomizers? I never said they all will (I can think of one I don't think will, used as designed......).

And again, we can't get this wonder cart of yours, it doesn't count. Even if it does really exist....

Don't think you get full points on this one (yet), hope that 'victory lap' is in pencil?

Over.....

OF

If the one you think will never burn if ran dry does it have a lifetime warranty?

I'm just saying just because you or I can't fly the SR 71 black bird or catapult ourselves to the ISS on a Soyuz doesn't mean they don't exist or they don't work.

I picked up my sharpie......

THC SCIENTIFIC,
If the one you think will never burn if ran dry does it have a lifetime warranty?

I'm just saying just because you or I can't fly the SR 71 black bird or catapult ourselves to the ISS on a Soyuz doesn't mean they don't exist or they don't work.

I picked up my sharpie......
G,

If we use the rules of common political argument, you "won" when OF deigned to respond to your "counter-example". If we try and stay on the high road of logical philosophical argument, you didn't even reach the level of propaganda when you proposed a counter-example as refutation of a generalization.

If this is political, G seems to win (he's obviously more confident and proud). If we're using "normal" debating rules (as in school), the buzzer sounded and OF wins by default (or would have if he kept quiet).

So G, maybe you should use your Sharpie to highlight some sections in a text on argumentation :) Try "Special Pleading" and "Weak Analogy" to start, then go on to a proper definition and examples of "refutation" with attention to generalizations (OF used the qualifier "most", which obviates your entire argument).

-NDA

Note to mods: I know I compared G to a politician here - I don't consider that to be inherently an insult though others may :) That certainly is not my intention.

Cinnamonster

That's somewhat of a false analogy, ain't it? There are many varied documented examples in which the SR-71 and ISS DO work. We just have your word on it... and some videos, I think (which my laptop won't let me watch :(). I hope the 'Hercules' carts do get released soon because they seem great! But unlike an SR-71, no one but you (and a few close others?) have any experience with it... Like OF said, they're not for us mortals yet.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
love both these last responses, but Nick, you've won a special place in my heart ;)

EDiT - when is paypal back up? was gonna buy the new hammer cart and a nail. have funds in paypal that need a place to go.

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: OF

OF

I think that's another issue, do your carts carry a lifetime warranty either? My point is there is at least one design out there that I think can reliably be counted on to kill a freshly charged battery before it's harmed.

And again, please review my original sentence? I see no points made there that aren't correct. Is it not true that many (and I could easily have said "most") will burn out run dry? Is it not true that Omicron carts (the ones a guy can choose from.....) are in that class (many will burn out run dry)?

G,

(OF used the qualifier "most", which obviates your entire argument).

I sure didn't see this as a debate, where were the ground rules, did I miss that part too? I made a statement to a third party and was called on to defend it by G, right? Simple enough.

I made a two part statement, both halves are true I think. Thanks very much for noticing that the qualifier makes a big difference. But please stick to the facts, I believe I said "many" an even less demanding standard than 'most' which as I said above I think I can also easily defend?

What did I say that is incorrect?

BTW, I agree G can't be one of them, he's far too good a guy.....he contributes to the common good and he pulls his own weight. Fatal flaws in that crowd doncha think?

OF

OF,
I sure didn't see this as a debate, where were the ground rules, did I miss that part too? I made a statement to a third party and was called on to defend it by G, right? Simple enough.
OF
Discussion, disagreement, argument, debate, fight - definitions abound.

Nearly everything on FC is part of a discussion. Many postings express disagreement. When any participant provides a rationale and/or cites facts which are not agreed upon, we have an argument. If some or any third parties are sitting in judgement, we have a debate - regardless of whether any "ground rules" have been agreed upon by the original participants (and what kind of debate - well, I said there were two winners or both parties according to which common rules we, the third parties, chose). A fight is when we reach the level of "Argumentum ad ..." and we stop discussing the topic but change our focus to the sources - Hopefully we won't see many of those here :)

-NDA

Top Bottom