Discontinued The Oracle Infrared Vaporizer

andrewburgess

The Oracle said:
For the time being, the bag is mandatory since our infrared chamber needs constant airflow to maintain that high temperature accuracy.

Sorry to be negative but that just sucks for whip use imho. Hope you figure out a workaround.

For me the ideal vape just sits there (hours, minutes, whatever), NOT baking the herb, until i hit it. Then the hot air hits the herb and i get vapor, maybe it takes a second hit for everything to be up to full temperature.

what good is instant on if air has to be flowing all the time?

i'm no doubt in the minority but that's what i want :-)

still in love with the IR emitter and that sexy glow.

andrewburgess,

lwien

andrewburgess said:
For me the ideal vape just sits there (hours, minutes, whatever), NOT baking the herb, until i hit it. Then the hot air hits the herb and i get vapor....

Yeah, I'm with you on this. It's one of the things that I didn't like about the Iolite either in that heat is ALWAYS being applied to the herb regardless if you are hitting it or not.

The Oracle said:
The bowl will hold just under a gram and produces some of the thickest and tastiest vapor around! The real treat is how efficient it is at vaporizing smaller ammounts.

Regarding vaping at smaller amounts, what is the least amount you could load up in the bowl and still have the vaporizer work effectively?

lwien,

toxicc

E11001420
lwien said:
Yeah, I'm with you on this. It's one of the things that I didn't like about the Iolite either in that heat is ALWAYS being applied to the herb regardless if you are hitting it or not.

I never used the Iolite or Oracle, but i don't think it's like that with the oracle. You blow a bag then turn off the unit (doesn't heat the herb) while you inhale it. When you are ready for the next bag, it will heat in like 10 seconds so you still have almost no wait.

toxicc,

lwien

toxicc said:
lwien said:

I never used the Iolite or Oracle, but i don't think it's like that with the oracle. You blow a bag then turn off the unit (doesn't heat the herb) while you inhale it. When you are ready for the next bag, it will heat in like 10 seconds so you still have almost no wait.

Referring to using the Oracle in whip mode, but then, I guess you could turn it off between hits, but used in this way, I wonder how long it takes to cool down.

It's one of the things I really like about the Purple Days. I remove the stem between hits, so there is no heat being applied. Same thing happens with the LaunchBox. The only time heat is being applied is when you're hitting it. Having heat constantly being applied to your herb between hits has got to have a negative affect on efficiency, eh?

lwien,

stinkmeaner

Infrared seems more of a drawback in this design rather than a benefit if the only plus is fast heatup time and the negative being no real whip mode.

stinkmeaner,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I would like to wish all my fellow Canadians a very happy thanksgiving, eh!

lwien said:
Regarding vaping at smaller amounts, what is the least amount you could load up in the bowl and still have the vaporizer work effectively?

In my experience, a 0.1 bowl will create some very nice tasty bags which increase in potency as you add more.

lwien said:
andrewburgess said:
For me the ideal vape just sits there (hours, minutes, whatever), NOT baking the herb, until i hit it. Then the hot air hits the herb and i get vapor....

In our case, heat is only applied when the emitter is turned on. The moment you turn it off there is no longer any radiant energy applied and so the herb cools down quickly.

stinkmeaner said:
Infrared seems more of a drawback in this design rather than a benefit if the only plus is fast heatup time and the negative being no real whip mode.

The whip is a good option if you want to inhale vapor instantly without waiting for the bag to fill up entirely.

The Oracle,

lwien

Oracle, while your vape can claim the fastest heat up time as compared to other bag-type vapes, I'm not quite sure if the price of admission (approx 500 bucks) is worth the 2 to 3 minute time savings.

Are there any other advantages of using the Oracle over some of the other very highly regarded vapes on the market that sell for quite a bit less? I understand some of the unique features of the Oracle. I'm just trying to get a handle on the benefits that these features provide beyond the quick heat up time.

Please don't take offense to me challenging you on these issues, but please consider it an opportunity to present to us why we should purchase The Oracle.

ps
Regarding your statement about how efficient the Oracle is, for me, suggesting to load up 4 times the amount that I load up in my current vape doesn't quite fly, but then, my current vape is not as effective to use when multiple people are hitting it.

Lookin' forward to your "feature/benefit" analysis along with the upcoming reviews from some of our beta testers.

lwien,

stinkmeaner

The Oracle said:
stinkmeaner said:

The whip is a good option if you want to inhale vapor instantly without waiting for the bag to fill up entirely.

I thought I heard you say something along the lines of a possibility of whip without bag use in the future, is this a possibility?

stinkmeaner,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@lwien - if you refer to post #92 I went over most of the features and benefits you get with using our unit. Our usage video should help put things in perspective :brow:

stinkmeaner said:
The Oracle said:
stinkmeaner said:

I thought I heard you say something along the lines of a possibility of whip without bag use in the future, is this a possibility?

We actually have an elbow glass adapter for the whip which is similar to the extreme and works on a forced air basis.

The Oracle,

lwien

From post #92

The Oracle said:
All those things you mentioned goofy are spot on, some other points include:
-Dual functionality bag/whip mode
-Possibility for water filtration (the bag actually fits inside any 14/20 down-stem)
-Multi-layered air filtration
-Modular power entry
-Safety fuse (should you have a surge, its much easier and cheaper to swap out a fuse as opposed to sending the unit in to us for repair)
-High extraction efficiency
-Quiet operation
-Solid aluminum frame and casing
-Food Grade construction
-Vapor-Marinating
-MADE IN CANADA!

Ok, lets go over these.

Vapor-marinating? What does that mean?
Food Grade Construction.........Lots of vapes that cost less claim to be totally RoHS complient and use food grade construction.
Solid Aluminum frame and casing...........What is the benefit of this, say as compared to the casings on the 'Cano, Ion, Buddha, Silver Surfer?
Quiet operation........is it any quieter than the other bag vapes that are currently on the market?
High Extraction Efficiency.........The HerbalAire has been considered that highest efficient extraction bag type vape on the market. Is yours more efficient, and if so, how does it accomplish this?
Saftey Fuse..........Nice feature.
Modular Power Entry.........not quite sure what that means or how this feature would benefit me.
Multi-layered air filtration.........Does your filtration system do a better job than say any of the other bag vapes on the market?
Dual bag/whip mode.........Less expensive vapes have this, but I have a question. Can one use the whip without fan assist?
Water Filtration........Most vapes will allow this.

lwien,

stinkmeaner

lwien said:
Please don't take offense to me challenging you on these issues, but please consider it an opportunity to present to us why we should purchase The Oracle.

Yeah they will have to get used to our interrogating styles lwien :lol: You seem to have the Value end covered, along with market share, while I as you can see from many of my posts, can not resist an opportunity to pick apart the design of a vaporizer model.

hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
its better than volcano i would tink
Better in terms of what? I am sure the Volcano has the Edge in build quality and parts manufacture but vapor has yet to be determined so I am not sure what you are basing your response from.

Check out my post in the Volcano thread to see some factory picture comparisons

Edited, I had wrong link but now corrected
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=90360#p90360

stinkmeaner,
lQQk its a gr8 vape, i want one. i think for its price point, u guys may argue value & all, let em know what you like & dislike, ask for build plans/info , i dunno , perhaps they customize/ special order 4 u exactly whatever is perfect, sorry. yup, there's no perfect vape.

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

toxicc

E11001420
The fact to be able to put the bag directly in a down stem is great too. Does the bags have some kind of valve to prevent vapor loss like with the volcano, or doesn't have one like the Extreme? Many questions that will be answered soon on the demo video i assume.

toxicc,

lwien

stinkmeaner said:
Yeah they will have to get used to our interrogating styles lwien :lol: You seem to have the Value end covered, along with market share, while I as you can see from many of my posts, can not resist an opportunity to pick apart the design of a vaporizer model.

Yeah. Personally, I don't want to pick apart the design. I just want to know, specifically, how their design will benefit us over some of the other highly regarded vapes on the market. Rather than an interrogation, let's call it a...................press conference. :) $500 hundred bucks is a lot to spend on a vape and I'd like to give them an opportunity to tell us why it would be worth our dollars other than the quick heat up time.

Also, like I said previously, will be anxiously awaiting some of the reviews of our beta testers. Hopefully, they are testers who have owned multiple high quality vapes so that they can provide us an accurate review.

lwien,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@lwien

Vapor-marinating? What does that mean?
-cooking a roast or turkey in a bag which is filled with vaporized herbs
Solid Aluminum frame and casing...........What is the benefit of this, say as compared to the casings on the 'Cano, Ion, Buddha, Silver Surfer?
-by having an all aluminum construction we ensured that our vaporizer was one of the more durable ones in the industry, similar to the ones you mentioned.
Quiet operation........is it any quieter than the other bag vapes that are currently on the market?
-in terms of the pump, it is comparable to the volcano in noise level although we use similar bags to the Extreme and Zephyr (as of recently if I am not mistaken) which are much quieter
High Extraction Efficiency.........The HerbalAire has been considered that highest extraction bag type vape on the market. Is yours more efficient, and if so, how does it accomplish this?
-we hope to let users be the judge of this one!
Saftey Fuse..........Nice feature.
-it makes our life and the customers easier
Modular Power Entry.........not quite sure what that means or how this feature would benefit me.
-we use the same power cables as most computer monitors and computers. This means the cord can be removed from the back for transport
Multi-layered air filtration.........Does your filtration system do a better job than say any of the other bag vapes on the market?
-its purpose is to filter the air from dust and similar particulates so it works about the same
Dual bag/whip mode.........Less expensive vapes have this, but I have a question. Can one use the whip without fan assist?
-no, the whip relies on the bag for vapor content

stinkmeaner said:

Any and all questions are welcomed! I made my first "educated" vaporizer purchase a number of years ago by trolling forums, so I can certainly appreciate the value someone gets from seeing such interactions.

toxicc said:
The fact to be able to put the bag directly in a down stem is great too. Does the bags have some kind of valve to prevent vapor loss like with the volcano, or doesn't have one like the Extreme? Many questions that will be answered soon on the demo video i assume.

For the time being, the bag is similar to the extreme in that you have to keep the end covered. We are currently in the works for a valve mechanism similar to the volcano's which will be cheap and fit into any already purchased glass.

The Oracle,

lwien

Thanks for for answering my questions, Oracle. MUCH appreciated.

Like the modular power entry. Nice touch.

Not quite sure about mandatory fan assist when using the whip. To others who have the Extreme, the Herbie and the Ion, is this true for those as well? I have the Ion, but never tried using a whip with it.

lwien,

stinkmeaner

Oracle, you see what I can't get is the price, you are in Volcano territory but I see a product that can be manufactured for less. Look at the Pictures of the Volcano Factory, http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=90360#p90360 this is why the Volcano is expensive and I am willing to bet that the Oracle is not produced in the same type of environment with the same level of OEM parts which as a builder you can see, it is far easier and less expensive to contract a local glass blower for small glass parts but to produce Volcano valves & herb chamber are a whole different animal.

The price is more than the VapeXhale Cloud which I can see from comparison uses a more intricate multilayer enclosure, electronic thermostat, and he has contracted top name glass artist for the Hydratubes which are similar to bongs that sell for $200+ alone.

I know you boast about Aerogel but the sheets or strips are really not expensive, the whole solid pieces are what costs. And for the infrared, those bulbs should cost no more than a good brand of cartridge heater. I just fail to see what makes this vaporizer compete in top-tier pricing, it would surely help it was a fully digital with display, it looks like you were developing one but you could easily contract one out for not too much since you can get fuzzy logic PID controllers for less than $40 and the Asian companies would surely sell you a PID controller without its housing for OEM use so that you could mount it with your own faceplate for that OEM look.

stinkmeaner,

max

Out to lunch
Not quite sure about mandatory fan assist when using the whip. To others who have the Extreme, the Herbie and the Ion, is this true for those as well?
The E can be used in whip mode with or without. The herbalAire is designed to be used without the pump during direct draw. Personally, I prefer a passive whip design, for total control over air flow. Apparently the fan is an integral part of the Oracle design though.

max,

hereatlast

I'm still tuned in.

I'm not sure that the price complaints are warranted, the amount of R&D and the simple fact that this is the only infrared vape on the market speak for themselves. Further, comparing the Oracle to another unit of completely different design (not yet released mind you) in the VXC is unfair and not productive IMO. stinkmeaner, the Volcano and the Oracle both offer vapor via bag and have similar prices, what's your point about the Oracle being too expensive? We can't assume the conditions the Oracle is being built in warrants a lower price-tag, also we still know relatively little about the Oracle's insides; I just wish the price complaints could take a back-seat to learning more about the new, and groundbreaking, unit.

I'll be honest and say that I won't be buying this vape because of the price but that doesn't mean I think it's too high.

Interested to hear more about the elbow-adaptor, I can imagine a big bulbous design that would allow the collection of a significant amount of vapor.

hereatlast,

andrewburgess

stinkmeaner said:

you have to give a nod to the art crowd and mention the cool glow (if that's what's showing through the lens in the video) as a plus. shame if it kills passive whip mode.

i wonder what happens when they run without the fan.

personally i could tolerate less precise temperature control as long as it was not too much worse than my existing vape. so maybe they'll publish a looser spec for passive whips and let us optionally turn the fan off. :2c:

Edit: more wild speculations here http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=90606#p90606

andrewburgess,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Because we trekked into Infrared territory we came across a similar problem many conduction vaporizers had: uneven heating. If you note we previously mentioned our bowl is designed to have a vibrating ball which stirs your herbs and keeps them moving. This makes sure all the surface area gets an even coating of infrared.
As an example, I had a microwave not too long ago who's rotating plate mechanism died. When I would heat my food, I would find that some spots would be hotter than others, some would even burn! So I went out and bought the exact same model which had a properly working plate. Everything is now heated evenly and to perfection.
Similarly, our system requires the herbs to be constantly moving so you get that perfectly even heating.

I like to use the whip since the vapor I draw from the bag is even and controlled in consistency. The other benefit of the whip is that you can go from loading to inhaling vapor in just a few seconds!

P.S. our usage video will be posted in about a week!

The Oracle,

george

The Oracle said:
Because we trekked into Infrared territory we came across a similar problem many conduction vaporizers had: uneven heating. If you note we previously mentioned our bowl is designed to have a vibrating ball which stirs your herbs and keeps them moving. This makes sure all the surface area gets an even coating of infrared. As an example, I had a microwave not too long ago who's rotating plate mechanism died. When I would heat my food, I would find that some spots would be hotter than others, some would even burn! So I went out and bought the exact same model which had a properly working plate. Everything is now heated evenly and to perfection.
Similarly, our system requires the herbs to be constantly moving so you get that perfectly even heating.

I like to use the whip since the vapor I draw from the bag is even and controlled in consistency. The other benefit of the whip is that you can go from loading to inhaling vapor in just a few seconds!

P.S. our usage video will be posted in about a week!

This sounds like a really nice feature, good work!

george,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
hereatlast said:
the simple fact that this is the only infrared vape on the market speak for themselves.

Correct me if I am wrong but the Oracle is not the first or the only infrared vape. The magic-flight Launch Box was introduced well over a year ago and it uses not only conduction and convection, but also infrared.

The Oracle uses only 1 of the 3.. infrared. I feel the marketing line of "The Oracle is the first and only commercially available Infrared Vaporizer" is wrong and should be removed. That is of course if what I said about the LB is correct.

DeepFried,
Top Bottom