Discontinued The Oracle Infrared Vaporizer

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Raf007 said:
Could you tell us a bit about the noise of the pump please.
Is it a totally silent device ? or does it make a little noise ?
Since we use a diaphragm air pump, you can expect noise levels to be on par with similar units.

stinkmeaner said:
Since it is a forced air system with bags will there be a filter like in the Volcano?
Indeed, the unit will use a filter to clean the air before it enters into the pump.

Beezleb said:
Any ETA on some videos?
Well the videos can be expected quite shortly, we are waiting for the final casing and production circuit to arrive.

The Oracle,

Beezleb

Thank you. One more quick question. When you do a bag will their be an optional setting that will blow just enough to fit one bag so their is no risk of the bag blowing up from user error.

Beezleb,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
There is no specific mechanism which prevents over inflation but from testing we found two things tend to happen if one were to say forget to turn the unit off on time: either the bag slides off the male joint or the joint and bag pop up together from the female joint.

The Oracle,

Beezleb

Thank you. That is a plus I believe for some of the more serious medical users who are not so quick. Though I have not seen this an issue but was something I recently considered. I was largely thinking of like a timer connected to a on off switch like setting that matched average timing to fill a bag.

Beezleb,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
The closest we got to a safety/convenience mechanism involved using a pressure sensor somewhere in the air path. As the bag filled, the pressure inside the path would eventually grow until it passes a "set" value, triggering the unit to turn off. For the time being it was too difficult and expensive to add that extra feature but its something we might see in future versions when its more refined.

The Oracle,

Raf007

Retailer
The Oracle said:
There is no specific mechanism which prevents over inflation but from testing we found two things tend to happen if one were to say forget to turn the unit off on time: either the bag slides off the male joint or the joint and bag pop up together from the female joint.
Just to make sure I got it right, in one of these two possibilities, the bag can pop up therefore loosing all the vapor ? right ?
Or it's like the volcano kind of ?

Sorry for the flooding but...

@stinkmeaner

I don't think your comment was really pin pointing anything in this post...
At first I did not take it for me, then when rereading everything I can see only Aero and I, who asked questions about beta testing... but note, that none directly begging to become a beta tester.
(yes, I would not mind being one, but my main query was not that and I can't read any people begging in this thread).
ImHo, no offense, but you're flooding this topic with not so cool non sense posts.
Peace !

Raf007,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
All the manufacturing and assembly we do including metal forming and borosilicate production will be handled entirely in Ontario. At this point we are still deciding where to produce our circuits but rest assured it will be kept either in canada or the states.

We will be using bags similar to the volcano which are a bit more rigid and able to hold their shape if ever the bag was to come loose. Vapour loss from the bag in this case would be minimal

The Oracle,

lwien

The Oracle said:
All the manufacturing and assembly we do including metal forming and borosilicate production will be handled entirely in Ontario. At this point we are still deciding where to produce our circuits but rest assured it will be kept either in canada or the states.
Thank you Oracle. Good to know.

lwien,

THC

Daft Vapour
The Oracle said:
Hey everyone, sorry for the little bug. Its typical something like this happens during a launch :p
We are working as fast as possible to fix this error, we will let everyone know when the problem has been fixed!
Cool thanks m8

THC,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
This is a picture of the glass components we will be using, it includes our bowl on the left, hookah adapter in the middle, the bag connection on the right and the mouthpiece for the silicone hose at the bottom right.

Bowl: This is the chamber where your herbs will be while the unit is on. The oscillating ball rests on the bottom just under the screen. One thing to note is the black grip near the top, we actually insulate this piece with a strip of AEROGEL so it stays cool for the entire session.

Hookah Adapter: The male end of this piece fits into the female end of the bowl and keeps the herbs down with the help of a screen. There will be multiple connectors for pieces like this (1 - 4 hose connectors on each part) and these parts can even be stacked on top of each other. The user will also have a choice to use a simple adapter with no hose connections for bag-only use.

Bag Connection: This male adapter holds your bag with the help of Silicone O-rings and connects to the hookah adapter.

Hose Mouthpiece: This component will be used for inhaling vapors stored in the bag but it can also be used while the pump is running. The black triangular piece at the end is a Medical Grade Silicone one-way valve which restricts vapors from escaping the whip while the pump is running. This valve can be penetrated with a mouthpiece for vapor inhalation.

BMI_Oracle_GlassNew.jpg

Cheers!

The Oracle,

lwien

Wow. Glass on glass on glass.

Got some questions, but will hold off for a bit.

lwien,

THC

Daft Vapour
Raf007 said:
I can't believe that again no beta tester from EU are accepted !

We need diversity here.

Seriously I'm gonna stop advertising vapes to my friends because there is almost no choice in EU, and instead I am gonna start copying and manufacturing the US models (that won't come to us) to sell them in Europe....

So pls continue with the R&D.... and don't forget to patent it worldwide :D

.... so happy to have friends working in quality control in China.
your 100% right Ref they are fools they are not looking at the big picture they deserve to have their toys stolen (christ the chines steal them whilst making the for them !)lol Ill by your more reasonably priced sensible voltage versions ;p
In fact if you want to work on a IR device contact me!!!!!!!

THC,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I was totally waiting for someone to use aerogel in a vape. That's pretty damn cool. Is it wrapped in something?

your 100% right Ref they are fools they are not looking at the big picture they deserve to have their toys stolen
You realize the exclusivity to North America is just for the initial beta testing phase right? Makes sense to me.

vtac,

THC

Daft Vapour
by any chance are you from North America? ;) Anyhow its not were its located obv they would do it near or around their offices the prob is they dont accept anyone who is not from there even if there is a dr who will script them and the person is prepared to pay for the flight, accommodation etc (so it would be no different for them!!!) they said they would consider sending one here lol ok sure aka no - but buy one pls?

mod note: keep discussion in this thread to the vape itself, not particulars of their beta program.
ok

THC,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
vtac said:
I was totally waiting for someone to use aerogel in a vape. That's pretty damn cool. Is it wrapped in something?
We were also excited by the idea of using aerogel as well, the top of the bowl is wrapped in a 2mm strip and held intact by some heat shrink. Just to note, we also use aerogel to insulate our main heating chamber, we use a 5mm version there because of the greater insulation demands.

The Oracle,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
HOLALA !!! it look super sweet Oracle , That's a super nice teaser ! it defenetly seem to heat up REALLY quickly ! any idea when the betatest unit will be release :D ?

Clear_Dome,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
wow. i love how the bag connects with a GonG connection. That hooka adapter is pretty intense too. So you say that the whip is blocked off when the bag is filling, then u put a mouth piece in to break the seal, hit it, remove the mouth piece and its good to go again? So what happens if u are just using the exclusive bad adapter, is there a mouth piece to have a direct draw from the bag?

Mr. Smoke No More,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Mr. Smoke No More said:
wow. i love how the bag connects with a GonG connection. That hooka adapter is pretty intense too. So you say that the whip is blocked off when the bag is filling, then u put a mouth piece in to break the seal, hit it, remove the mouth piece and its good to go again? So what happens if u are just using the exclusive bad adapter, is there a mouth piece to have a direct draw from the bag?
Thanks Mr. Smoke No More,

We are very happy with our hookah adapter as well, we decided to beef up each whip mouthpiece with two valves instead of ones which ensures no air leaks into the bag after filling as well as allowing multiple users to inhale simultaneously without interference. As for the mouthpiece on the whip your totally right, insert, hit, remove and repeat :brow:

With the stand-alone bag adapter the bag itself will be direct draw and have the capability to fit into 14/20 bong connectors. Additional adapters for the bags will be offered in the future ;)

Cheers!

The Oracle,
Top Bottom