Discontinued The Oracle Infrared Vaporizer

hereatlast

DeepFried, you're right, I misspoke.

Still, I think a serious distinction needs to be made regarding the use of the MFLB's IR tech and that being utilized by the Oracle.

I'm not familiar enough with either devices' technology to speak on this distinction but the fact that the Oracle is only using IR tech to vaporize is pretty cool to me.

As for the marketing line, thats up to the company, I hope the gravity of the Oracle's use of IR tech isn't overlooked though.

hereatlast,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
We use the term infrared vaporizer because our unit was specifically designed to take advantage of the heating properties of short-wave infrared.

The Oracle,

andrewburgess

The Oracle said:
Because we trekked into Infrared territory we came across a similar problem many conduction vaporizers had: uneven heating. If you note we previously mentioned our bowl is designed to have a vibrating ball which stirs your herbs and keeps them moving. This makes sure all the surface area gets an even coating of infrared.

i keep forgetting that this isn't a hot air vaporizer.

i'll bet the problem with fanless whip mode is that you can't detect when the user starts and stops drawing air so you don't know when to power the IR lamp.

your engineer probably knows this but there are simple airflow detectors that are just self heated thermistors. so if you have a spare analog input then maybe for version 2...

it would work kind of cool. the unit looks switched off but as soon as you draw it comes to life. stop and it shuts off again. :)

andrewburgess,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
andrewburgess said:
The Oracle said:
Because we trekked into Infrared territory we came across a similar problem many conduction vaporizers had: uneven heating. If you note we previously mentioned our bowl is designed to have a vibrating ball which stirs your herbs and keeps them moving. This makes sure all the surface area gets an even coating of infrared.

i keep forgetting that this isn't a hot air vaporizer.

i'll bet the problem with fanless whip mode is that you can't detect when the user starts and stops drawing air so you don't know when to power the IR lamp.

your engineer probably knows this but there are simple airflow detectors that are just self heated thermistors. so if you have a spare analog input then maybe for version 2...

it would work kind of cool. the unit looks switched off but as soon as you draw it comes to life. stop and it shuts off again. :)

That was actually one of the first designs we were going to implement for the Oracle although we decided to start with a forced air model since that one needed more testing. For the time being all our efforts are being diverted into getting this version off the ground but I can guarantee you we will look into the old design once things calm down here a bit. :cool:

Thats all for now!

The Oracle,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
The Oracle:

i am curious about the vapor to air ratio. i heard that the oracle will fill a bag in a similar time to the volcano. if you used the same size bag would the ratio be similar?

if not, then what other vapes would have a similar ratio?

i love the almost 'instant on' feature, and the fact its canadian!

notmyrealUSERname,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
notmyrealUSERname said:
The Oracle:

i am curious about the vapor to air ratio. i heard that the oracle will fill a bag in a similar time to the volcano. if you used the same size bag would the ratio be similar?

if not, then what other vapes would have a similar ratio?

i love the almost 'instant on' feature, and the fact its canadian!

I think I'll let our usage video answer that one for you. :brow: We got some great shots of the bag and vapor production!

*Side note*
Its impressive how many new vaporizers were introduced within the last 48 hours on fc. Sure sign more and more people are realizing the tremendous benefits of vapor!

:peace:

The Oracle,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
george said:
stickstones said:
has anyone reviewed this thing yet?

Well it's not even out yet...only pre-order

Ok, thanks. I thought they were getting the beta units out. I've fallen behind on this thread...sorry if I'm not up to speed.

stickstones,

Egzoset

Banned
Hummm...

The vibrating ball is made of glass, right?

What if there were an iron core in its center so that a simple induction coil placed around it would be able to shake it!

Egzoset,

lwien

stickstones said:
george said:
stickstones said:
has anyone reviewed this thing yet?

Well it's not even out yet...only pre-order

Ok, thanks. I thought they were getting the beta units out. I've fallen behind on this thread...sorry if I'm not up to speed.

"The Beta list has been compiled, the testers we have selected will be contacted by the end of the day."
---Oracle (10/1)

So, 3 weeks ago, the beta testers were selected. I'm curious as to who our beta testers are?

lwien,

andrewburgess

Egzoset said:
The vibrating ball is made of glass, right?

What if there were an iron core in its center so that a simple induction coil placed around it would be able to shake it!

interesting idea!

andrewburgess,

andrewburgess

andrewburgess,

stinkmeaner

Yeah I like that pulsing glow too but overall I am not thrilled with the design for the price. I wish they would have used a better looking enclosure, was able to do whip hits without the bag, and a digital temperature controller would be nice for the price, I know they were working on one by their videos.

The Bud Toaster does have some nice lighting and a cool way to implement the LED's with the clear rods and also it is one of the few vaporizers that do not have the LED's in the air path, good lighting reminds me of some good lighting in a upper series BMW or Audi.

stinkmeaner,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Had the chance to play with a beta unit for a few sessions. :D

Can't say too much under NDA but so far I'm impressed. It's ultra fast as advertised and the infrared heating system appears to work very well. Fit and finish is better than I was expecting considering this is a true beta. It's clear that BMInnovators is taking this seriously.

Really looking forward to putting this through a gauntlet this weekend!

vtac,

stinkmeaner

Cool vtac, were the hits as thick as they look in the Video? If you could compare the vapor thickness to a vaporizer model you have used in the past, which one would compare?

stinkmeaner,

Egzoset

Banned
I wonder if this schematic will still describe the Oracle's air path once it's finished and ready for widespread public selling:

oracle.jpg

Egzoset,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Egzoset said:
I wonder if this schematic will still describe the Oracle's air path once it's finished and ready for widespread public selling:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r175/Warcraft1406/oracle.jpg

Asides from minor adjustments to the air intake and thermal sensor positioning, the design has withstood vigorous testing and met or exceeded our performance expectations (why change something that works right? :cool: )

Most of our time and focus has been spent on fine tuning the assembly process and making sure we choose only the best and safest materials for its design.
:peace:

The Oracle,

Egzoset

Banned
Thank you for answering my question so quickly!

:)

Although i'm not suggesting that the air path should be modified i'm still curious about it, is it possible to provide more information about the criterias which led to this specific design?

Egzoset,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Our marketing material is full of criteria! :lol:

This certainly wasn't the design we started with but rather the end result of intensive testing. We found with infrared, the positioning of the heat source relative to the herb was EXTREMELY important (previous designs had problems with hot spots). We finally landed on just the right emitter, positioning, reflective material and temperature probe to deliver the most even and consistent results.

P.S.
Congratulations for taking on a vaporizer project of your own. I can certainly tell you its a long road, but an extremely satisfying one none the less.

Keep it up!

The Oracle,

Egzoset

Banned
Euh... I'm grateful for the nice words but my fantasy project is just that: a fantasy!

I appreciate the feedback anyway.

:)

Egzoset,

Egzoset

Banned
Oh, but there's a difference: rest assured i'll never launch a company to build the SHOT GUN VAPORIZER v13.x, no sir!

:p

Egzoset,
Top Bottom